Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #2881
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbear View Post
Anyone have an iron recommendation? Mine stopped heating up yesterday. Looked a little on Amazon but the reviews are so contradictory with the same models described as both wonderful and junk that I am completely confused now!

The only feature that I am really interested in is the ability to turn off/override the auto-shutoff so the iron heats continuously. I'd like a bit more expensive as this is the second cheap iron from Target that I've worn out. Thanks!
My favorite iron is the Shark Professional...but you can't over ride the auto shut off. Of course, it does heat up pretty fast...

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #2882
Chasingmarcus
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
PEnguin PJS

and Duffy (this is very similar to the one I made Miss C back last summer)
These are great! I am planning on getting a better embroidery machine next month. I was wondering where do you like to find your designs? I know my daughter would love a Lighting McQueen shirt (but made a bit girlier!)

Quote:
Anyone have an iron recommendation? Mine stopped heating up yesterday. Looked a little on Amazon but the reviews are so contradictory with the same models described as both wonderful and junk that I am completely confused now!

The only feature that I am really interested in is the ability to turn off/override the auto-shutoff so the iron heats continuously. I'd like a bit more expensive as this is the second cheap iron from Target that I've worn out. Thanks!
I too have the Shark Professional. You can not override the auto shut off, but it heats up really fast. I love it and was so happy when I got rid of my Rowenta one.

I could not find to quote it, but someone asked about Kenmore accessories? Kenmores were made by Janome so their accessories should work with little problem. Hope this helps!

I did find the grace pattern as well as the simply sweet. There are things that I liked about each pattern, and might just have to get both and read through to see what I think would work better for my daughter. She does not like so much strappy dresses (she prefers sleeves) but they are so cute! My niece on the other hand would love a strappy dress so the pattern won't be lost completely.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for American Girl sized patterns. Specifically to turn into princess dresses? I have the simplicity pattern, but was a bit intimidated to try them. I usually sew from PDF patterns and they seem far less intimidating. Sewing doll clothes does not scare me in general, just looking for a few patterns you might have used and loved.

Along that note, does anyone know of a good place to get t-shirts for the dolls to wear? I hope to embroider some of them to match DD for our trip when I get my new machine next month, and was having a harder time finding a source.
Chasingmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #2883
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasingmarcus View Post

Add me to the list of people with a really old embroidery machine. I have a PE190? Maybe? I am looking at the one that you all seem to recommend on Amazon the 770 I think it is? I was a bit nervous as I have never bought a machine not at a dealer. When I went to my local dealer they seemed to have a very similar machine there but it was $1,300! I think it had more pre programed disney designs, but I seem to like the applique designs better. I don't really know how to do those types of designs yet, but I am sure with a little practice I can figure it out.
I think you can get the 770 on Amazon for under $600. The 780 is probably around $800. Do you think it was a combo machine?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #2884
cjbear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
These are great! I am planning on getting a better embroidery machine next month. I was wondering where do you like to find your designs? I know my daughter would love a Lighting McQueen shirt (but made a bit girlier!)

I too have the Shark Professional. You can not override the auto shut off, but it heats up really fast. I love it and was so happy when I got rid of my Rowenta one.

I did find the grace pattern as well as the simply sweet. There are things that I liked about each pattern, and might just have to get both and read through to see what I think would work better for my daughter. She does not like so much strappy dresses (she prefers sleeves) but they are so cute! My niece on the other hand would love a strappy dress so the pattern won't be lost completely.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for American Girl sized patterns. Specifically to turn into princess dresses? I have the simplicity pattern, but was a bit intimidated to try them. I usually sew from PDF patterns and they seem far less intimidating. Sewing doll clothes does not scare me in general, just looking for a few patterns you might have used and loved.
Thanks for the iron recommendation!

Combining your two comments above, the Simply Sweet pattern (and a lot of other Scientific Seamstress patterns on YCMT) come with bonus patterns for 18 inch dolls. On her website, she has tutorials to show how to princessify the doll dresses.
cjbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #2885
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I could not find to quote it, but someone asked about Kenmore accessories? Kenmores were made by Janome so their accessories should work with little problem. Hope this helps!

Along that note, does anyone know of a good place to get t-shirts for the dolls to wear? I hope to embroider some of them to match DD for our trip when I get my new machine next month, and was having a harder time finding a source.
I haven't made doll clothes, but I second that the Carla C patterns do include them. I have been getting blanks from ARB Blanks and the have blank doll shirts. Their blanks are very good quality and I really like them. They also ship super fast.

On another note, I finished my under-the-sea baby quilt this morning, I love the way it turned out. It is not often that I am sad when I ship stuff off, but I will definitely miss this one.

Now I have all these ideas to do other versions of this quilt with appliques. I am thinking mickey/minnie next. I know I have plenty of fabrics for that on hand even.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #2886
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I make t-shirts for AG dolls -- not hard to do, but not time effective. Nancy's Notions has a LOT of AG accessories including t-shirts for $4.49.

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...ve+t+shirt+.do

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #2887
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
I love your quilts. They look so child friendly and inviting. In the winter I go to a church quilting group where they make small quilts for kids in distress. I want to scream at some of the quilts sometimes because they look like mini-quilts made by old ladies, not a quilt that a sad child would want to wrap up in.

So cheerful and I the dresses you made for the launch. Your sewing machine must love to see you coming.
How nice that you do the quilting for kids in distress. I am sure that it is very comforting to the kids to get one. I hope that the ladies in the group think about how sad the kids are when they receive the quilts and make something with a happy pattern.

I don't know if my sewing machine is happy to see me coming or if it wants to run and hide because I always give it a work out. LOL! It is probably exhausted when I'm done with it for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Where do you usually buy your fabric? I have been looking online and it's just so hard not to actually touch the fabric. But I have seen a lot I would love to have. Any thoughts?

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2011 and loved it. Our one and only stay at a Deluxe. But it was such a wonderful resort! Loved the boat ride to MK and how quiet it was at the resort.

No stomach bug, but more like you with the nasty cold and cough.
I have ordered fabric on-line from Fabric.com, the Fat Quarter shop and from various sellers on Etsy and ebay. I haven't been disappointed with anything yet.

We also liked that the Wilderness Lodge was a bit quieter. We felt like it was a respite from the noise and bustle in the parks. We love the little boat ride to the MK.

I hope you are over your cold. Mine is still hanging on and I still have lots of congestion. My mom had her surgery today and I had planned to go and sit with my dad during the surgery. But since I am still congested, he didn't want me to come.

Quote:
Thanks for asking The bus strike ended last Friday and the busses resumed on Wednesday when we went back to school. It has honestly been a huge relief to me. I am feeling pretty good. I will admit it has been hard being pregnant this time around.
I am happy for you that the bus strike ended. I would imagine that being a bit older this time, makes being pregnant more tiring. Plus you have two other kids to look after so you have less time to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I'm trying to get back into the swing of sewing, as my knee is pretty much healed up. It still gets stiff if I'm in one position for too long, but a little ice and ibuprofen and I'm on my way.
Glad that your knee is nearly better. I'm sure you can't wait to get back into sewing!

Quote:

PEnguin PJS

and Duffy (this is very similar to the one I made Miss C back last summer)

I love the penguin pjs and the Duffy skirt set is adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
Wow...I can not believe how long it has been since I have been on here! (hanging my head in shame!)
I promise to not stay away so long this time!

Nini
Glad you stopped by to visit! Come back and see us more often

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post
I have been working on teaching myself crochet. I have lots of downtime at work so I've been getting lots of practice. Here is my first hat and scarf I made.

Great job on the hat and scarf. Mitten that match would definitely be very nice. Good idea to make an afghan for a gift. I used to make them for baby presents and people loved them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMom4 View Post

Dumb question, do you think this bathing suit cover-up is acceptable (allowed) at the pool at the resorts only?? (I know NOT the theme parks or water parks). I made it from a line of fabric that we have at our store.
I certainly think it would be just fine. I don't think you could wear into the restaurant at the resort but at the water parks it should also be just fine. Well, as long as you plan to wear a bathing suit underneath it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strega7 View Post
We had a week off work this week and I have made a couple of easy strip quilts for some friends who just had babies. The only thing disney about the first one is the applique font, but I thought it was cute and would share anyway...

Cute, cute cute! I hope that the kids loved them!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea&Van View Post
Hi everyone,
Also, in other news, I found my old planning binder and lo and behold, found an antique looking reciept from early 2011 from the lady who did my outfits last time. I decided to send her an email to see if she was still around and SHE IS! She is doing the two pillow case dresses and one bowling shirts for me. She actually already had the fabric I wanted. SCORE. All three pieces were $65 with the shipping. I'm SOOOOOOOO happy!
Hooray for finding your receipt and getting back in touch with the lady. You are definitely getting a super bargain. $65 for three handmade items including shipping is a great deal. You'll have to share some pictures when you get your items. Good luck with your fleece hats. They shouldn't be too hard to make.

Quote:
I have two irons, an inexpensive Sunbeam and an expensive Rowenta iron. I LOVE the Sunbeam iron because it has an on/off switch. That means that I can leave it plugged in and not have to crawl under the ironing board to get to my plug. Plus it irons better than the Rowenta did anyhow. I think it was called the Sunbeam Burst of Steam.

Quote:

A lot of us get designs from FrouFrou by Heather Sue, Planet Applique, Lynnie Pinnie, Seams so Cute, Just Peachy and Glitzy Stitches. There are a few others out there but those are some of my favorites.

I agree that the CarlaC patterns come with AG sized patterns. If you already purchased the Simply Sweet pattern, check Carla's blog. She has direcitons on there how to "princessify" the pattern to make Cinderella, Belle and Aurora's dresses. It only take a tiny bit creativity to make some of the other princesses too.

I have found blank doll t-shirts at Michaels. They are usually paired with a pair of doll sized jeans. The shirts embroider very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post

On another note, I finished my under-the-sea baby quilt this morning, I love the way it turned out. It is not often that I am sad when I ship stuff off, but I will definitely miss this one.

That turned out just great! I'm sure that the family will adore it!

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #2888
kellygirl2
Earning My Ears

pajama material

So I have the first of what will probably be a million questions. I bought some flannel to make easy fit pajama pants for my twins. I noticed on the selvage it is "not for use for childrens sleepware". We have never used anything else but Carters Pajamas so I never have even thought about this.

Just curious on everyone's opinion and what is the best material for pajama pants. My twins are just about to turn 3.

Everything posted is amazing as usual. I love the blue sea themed quilt!

Have a great Monday.

Kelly
kellygirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #2889
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygirl2
So I have the first of what will probably be a million questions. I bought some flannel to make easy fit pajama pants for my twins. I noticed on the selvage it is "not for use for childrens sleepware". We have never used anything else but Carters Pajamas so I never have even thought about this.

Just curious on everyone's opinion and what is the best material for pajama pants. My twins are just about to turn 3.

Have a great Monday.

Kelly
It's not flame retardant so they put that on there because it doesn't meet the legal standards for children's sleepwear. I was super paranoid about that when my twins were infants and didn't let my mom make them sleepers. But now they are 3 and have lots. I think it's a liability thing. If your kids catch fire the fabric company said not to make them so they're off the hook.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #2890
kellygirl2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
It's not flame retardant so they put that on there because it doesn't meet the legal standards for children's sleepwear. I was super paranoid about that when my twins were infants and didn't let my mom make them sleepers. But now they are 3 and have lots. I think it's a liability thing. If your kids catch fire the fabric company said not to make them so they're off the hook.

That is kind of what I was thinking. I hve been super paranoid as well about pajamas too so I just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks for your thoughts

Kelly
kellygirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #2891
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

Mickey entire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
How nice that you do the quilting for kids in distress. I am sure that it is very comforting to the kids to get one. I hope that the ladies in the group think about how sad the kids are when they receive the quilts and make something with a happy pattern.

I don't know if my sewing machine is happy to see me coming or if it wants to run and hide because I always give it a work out. LOL! It is probably exhausted when I'm done with it for the day.

I have ordered fabric on-line from Fabric.com, the Fat Quarter shop and from various sellers on Etsy and ebay. I haven't been disappointed with anything yet.

We also liked that the Wilderness Lodge was a bit quieter. We felt like it was a respite from the noise and bustle in the parks. We love the little boat ride to the MK.

I hope you are over your cold. Mine is still hanging on and I still have lots of congestion. My mom had her surgery today and I had planned to go and sit with my dad during the surgery. But since I am still congested, he didn't want me to come.

I am happy for you that the bus strike ended. I would imagine that being a bit older this time, makes being pregnant more tiring. Plus you have two other kids to look after so you have less time to rest.

Glad that your knee is nearly better. I'm sure you can't wait to get back into sewing!

I love the penguin pjs and the Duffy skirt set is adorable!

Glad you stopped by to visit! Come back and see us more often

Great job on the hat and scarf. Mitten that match would definitely be very nice. Good idea to make an afghan for a gift. I used to make them for baby presents and people loved them.

I certainly think it would be just fine. I don't think you could wear into the restaurant at the resort but at the water parks it should also be just fine. Well, as long as you plan to wear a bathing suit underneath it.

Cute, cute cute! I hope that the kids loved them!!!

Hooray for finding your receipt and getting back in touch with the lady. You are definitely getting a super bargain. $65 for three handmade items including shipping is a great deal. You'll have to share some pictures when you get your items. Good luck with your fleece hats. They shouldn't be too hard to make.

I have two irons, an inexpensive Sunbeam and an expensive Rowenta iron. I LOVE the Sunbeam iron because it has an on/off switch. That means that I can leave it plugged in and not have to crawl under the ironing board to get to my plug. Plus it irons better than the Rowenta did anyhow. I think it was called the Sunbeam Burst of Steam.

A lot of us get designs from FrouFrou by Heather Sue, Planet Applique, Lynnie Pinnie, Seams so Cute, Just Peachy and Glitzy Stitches. There are a few others out there but those are some of my favorites.

I agree that the CarlaC patterns come with AG sized patterns. If you already purchased the Simply Sweet pattern, check Carla's blog. She has direcitons on there how to "princessify" the pattern to make Cinderella, Belle and Aurora's dresses. It only take a tiny bit creativity to make some of the other princesses too.

I have found blank doll t-shirts at Michaels. They are usually paired with a pair of doll sized jeans. The shirts embroider very well.

That turned out just great! I'm sure that the family will adore it!

Well of course. I would not want to scare people for life...lol

I just wanted to make sure that I look appropriate.
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
PrincessMom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #2892
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Whoo - miss a few days (a week) and all sorts of stuff happens here!

aboveH2O - oh my word, what a fabulous bag! And I love the hidden money pocket!

pyrxtc - Grandads think they know what little girls want? I am glad that all your pain and suffering with that pattern was not in vain.

goteamwood - love the maps! I'm in the process of cleaning out my sewing room (slowly...very slowly) and found a fat quarter of a pirate map. Now I just need to find a little boy to make it for. And that sea life quilt is super cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
I make t-shirts for AG dolls -- not hard to do, but not time effective. Nancy's Notions has a LOT of AG accessories including t-shirts for $4.49.

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...ve+t+shirt+.do
I was going to respond to chasingmarcus with the same thing: I make any doll t-shirts I need from upcycled t-shirt remnants, but I was also going to say - i don't have any kids (if you don't count the DH and the Dog) so I'm not loosing out too much.

QUESTION:

I'm going to make some lounging around pants for a friend and wondered if anyone had made the easy fits for adults. I read that they ran big for the kids and wondered if this was the case for adults too?

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #2893
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMom4 View Post

Dumb question, do you think this bathing suit cover-up is acceptable (allowed) at the pool at the resorts only?? (I know NOT the theme parks or water parks). I made it from a line of fabric that we have at our store.
I think that looks great. Whatever makes you feel comfortable will be fine I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strega7 View Post
Hello, thought I would drop by and post the latest. I haven't posted in awhile, but have really been enjoying all the beautiful stuff that has been posted. We had a week off work this week and I have made a couple of easy strip quilts for some friends who just had babies. The only thing disney about the first one is the applique font, but I thought it was cute and would share anyway...

this isn't disney either, but the older brother who is not yet 2 enjoyed his baby sisters so much, I had to make him his own, so here is his...

Back to work tomorrow but, I will try harder to stay up with this thread.
Great job on the quilts! How nice of you to make something for the older brother so he is not left out of the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea&Van View Post
Hi everyone,

I posted a while back about my quest for matching bowling shirts and pillowcase dresses for my kids. You all provided some honest and helpful feedback, which I appreciated very much

After quietly stalking this thread for a while, I just wanted to say I love the beautiful things you all put together. I'm really inspired. I'm going to attempt to make some matching fleece hats for us for our trip. My MIL has an old sewing machine she says I can practice on. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Also, I wanted to share a coupon I got for Fabric.com. It is 15% off sitewide with NO minimum purchase. The code is THX113 and if you order more than $35 worth you get free shipping. Just wanted to share. I ordered some fabric and fleece and got a bunch of stuff for my $35 and got the discount!

Woot Woot!!

Also, in other news, I found my old planning binder and lo and behold, found an antique looking reciept from early 2011 from the lady who did my outfits last time. I decided to send her an email to see if she was still around and SHE IS! She is doing the two pillow case dresses and one bowling shirts for me. She actually already had the fabric I wanted. SCORE. All three pieces were $65 with the shipping. I'm SOOOOOOOO happy!

The outfits she made last time still look amazing and they were worn dozens of times! I'm hoping for another excellent transaction.

Anywho, happy sewing to everyone. Hope the coupon is helpful.

Thanks again for all the inspiration!
Glad to hear that you were able to find the seller again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Yup, knee is healing up nicely. Slow and steady wins the race.

Currently washing and drying the fabric for the big give, and hoping to get that all sewn up (ha ha ha) this week.
Happy to hear that your knee is healing up nicely. I can't wait to see your project for the Give!

Quote:

As others have said, you can find directions to make Simply Sweet into princess dresses on CarlaC's website. The Scientific Seamstress patterns come with doll-sized patterns too.

I am pretty sure the McQueen applique came from Frou Frou by Heathersue.

Quote:

Now I have all these ideas to do other versions of this quilt with appliques. I am thinking mickey/minnie next. I know I have plenty of fabrics for that on hand even.
This quilt looks gorgeous! I am sure the family will treasure it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygirl2 View Post

Have a great Monday.

Kelly
Welcome! The warning on the flannel is simply saying that the fabric is not flame retardent. I am not sure if there are flannel materials that would be though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
QUESTION:

I'm going to make some lounging around pants for a friend and wondered if anyone had made the easy fits for adults. I read that they ran big for the kids and wondered if this was the case for adults too?
I have made adult Easy Fits. They are rather slim fitting. They were fine for me but DH found them to be too tight around the hips. I ended up making him another pair of PJ's using a Simplicty pattern I have been using for 10 years.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #2894
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

While they DO make flannel that is flame retardant (be prepared to pay a pretty penny for it) the flame retardant chemical does wash out after a while )some reports say with as little as two washings). Some of the chemicals they use are pretty bad in them selves, and back in the late 70's there was one chemical that was found to cause sterility in males. (I can't remember the name at the moment, but from what I remember it was a chemical that was used for YEARS!)

Some experts suggest pjs that are more form fitting (as opposed to loose and flowy). This is the main reason I will not make pjs...but my DD prefers to sleep in t shirts and flannel lounge pants....

+++++++++++++++++

And by the way... not sure if I mentioned here or not...I am going to be a grand mother again! My Disney hating daughter and her Disney loving husband are having their first in about 12 weeks. They are not peeking, so at present time we are all guessing... will it be little Amelia ... or little Alexander? However, they did purchase two sets of Mickey ears in December at Disney in infant size...one with Amelia and one with Alexander...that is how they are planning on announcing to the world if it is a girl or boy!

I certainly hope I do not have to wait ANOTHER 5 years to get my next grand child! LOL

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #2895
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
While they DO make flannel that is flame retardant (be prepared to pay a pretty penny for it) the flame retardant chemical does wash out after a while )some reports say with as little as two washings). Some of the chemicals they use are pretty bad in them selves, and back in the late 70's there was one chemical that was found to cause sterility in males. (I can't remember the name at the moment, but from what I remember it was a chemical that was used for YEARS!)

Some experts suggest pjs that are more form fitting (as opposed to loose and flowy). This is the main reason I will not make pjs...but my DD prefers to sleep in t shirts and flannel lounge pants....

+++++++++++++++++

And by the way... not sure if I mentioned here or not...I am going to be a grand mother again! My Disney hating daughter and her Disney loving husband are having their first in about 12 weeks. They are not peeking, so at present time we are all guessing... will it be little Amelia ... or little Alexander? However, they did purchase two sets of Mickey ears in December at Disney in infant size...one with Amelia and one with Alexander...that is how they are planning on announcing to the world if it is a girl or boy!

I certainly hope I do not have to wait ANOTHER 5 years to get my next grand child! LOL

Nini
Just popped in myself to catch up. Congratulations to you grandmom! A new grandbaby is very exciting!!!

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: