Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #2716
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.
 
blessedmom4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.
Posts: 4,431

Enabler Alert

Price of the Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine at 7 AM on Amazon is $568.95

Click Here

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #2717
love to stitch
Mouseketeer
 
love to stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I am doing a second post because I have a bunch of pictures to include and I didn't want to exceed the maximum.

First up are a few t-shirts that I made for DH. They will be for our trip this summer.


Here are close ups of my two favorite designs:




Then here are some shorts outfits that I made for my nephews.



Here are some closer pictures of a few of my favorites:







Then here are two dresses that I made for the launch last week.
With the pinafore on:

With the pinafore removed:

You've been really busy. I love everything but the Queen of Hearts dress is really fun.
__________________
Carol

love to stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #2718
Disney52303
Mouseketeer
 
Disney52303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 342

Phone post! My first Grace dress, AKL themed.

Front:
Minnie can be removed if DD wants this for non Disney too, she loves the fabrics!

Back:
__________________
DH: Me: DD(8): DS (4):

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!



Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #2719
Disney52303
Mouseketeer
 
Disney52303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 342

And a Tink Rosetta I just finished for a Bog Give (being stuck inside with three feet of blizzard snow has advantages!)

Bag


Inside
__________________
DH: Me: DD(8): DS (4):

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!



Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #2720
dianemom2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Diane I totally love the shorts you made. I think I need to go to Joanns and find some of those plaids. Maybe Friday when I am out with my Mom.
I have found a lot of cute plaids at Joanns. Some I got there last fall on their clearance sale but I was there recently and they had some cute plaids. Do you have a Hancocks near you? I bought that cute pirate fabric and the adorable denim with the embroidered animals at Hancocks. It is fun to go there because they have a different selection than Joanns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Thanks everyone for the advise on my Ellegante machine. It was all very helpful! I will be talking to the owner of the store today and see what she can do. It says on my bill of sale Ellegante 2, so that's what I want. DH was impressed with the owner (who sold me the machine in the first place) and seems positive she will want to make me happy. I'll keep you posted.

Diane, your outfits are all so wonderful!! You always get so much done in such a short amount of time. Don't know how you do it! I love the Rapunzel dress. Where did you get that fabric for the dress itself. That is my DGD's favorite character and she would love something made from that fabric.
Were you able to check the stitch count on your machine? I agree that I would be miffed if my bill of sale said Ellegante 2 and I was given an upgraded Ellegante 1. These machines aren't cheap and you should be walking away a happy customer.

I worked on those shorts outfits for a couple of weeks. I did one long afternoon where I cut out all of the shorts and then it took me a couple of days to sew them up. The appliques for the t-shirts take the longest time though. The Rapunzel fabric came from Hancocks. They seem to be the only store that still has Rapunzel fabric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love to stitch View Post
You've been really busy. I love everything but the Queen of Hearts dress is really fun.
Thanks! My girls really liked the Queen of Hearts dress and they usually hate everything that I sew.

I don't know if you all noticed but I made one nephew a Chip shirt and the other a Dale shirt to go with the plaid shorts. But I forgot to make Dale's nose red! Oh well, I'm sure he won't notice.
__________________
DivineDesignsbyDiane on Etsy.





dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #2721
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom
 
hebbynan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 815

Thank you ladies SO MUCH for your suggestions and comments. I think the 770 has won! Now if I can convince my family for Amazon gift cards for my graduation in May, then I'll be all set!

Thanks for the enabling link too - although I already had the search page saved in my Amazon account! LOL

I can only hope to make things as beautiful as all of you! Finally finishing my degree will help because then I'll have all my free time for sewing - NO HOMEWORK! Thanks again!
__________________
DH , Me , DS14 , DS10

WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007**SoG 2000*Off Site 1998

No Ticker...
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #2722
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran
 
4HppyCamprs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: indiana
Posts: 2,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan
Thank you ladies SO MUCH for your suggestions and comments. I think the 770 has won! Now if I can convince my family for Amazon gift cards for my graduation in May, then I'll be all set!

Thanks for the enabling link too - although I already had the search page saved in my Amazon account! LOL

I can only hope to make things as beautiful as all of you! Finally finishing my degree will help because then I'll have all my free time for sewing - NO HOMEWORK! Thanks again!
Yay for being so close to graduation.what is your program?? I am set to graduate in December and I cannot wait. My sewing has come to a complete halt with the semester in full swing. I might have to borrow your idea to ask for amazon gift cards for graduation as I would love love the PE770. We are going on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary/graduation celebration...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #2723
hebbynan
Chase and Eli's Mom
 
hebbynan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
Yay for being so close to graduation.what is your program?? I am set to graduate in December and I cannot wait. My sewing has come to a complete halt with the semester in full swing. I might have to borrow your idea to ask for amazon gift cards for graduation as I would love love the PE770. We are going on a cruise for our 10 year anniversary/graduation celebration...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I will FINALLY have my associates in Business Administration - I started it 20 years ago but stopped for more important things - you know, like marriage and kids! LOL I'm happy at my current job, but should the unknown happen, that little piece of paper makes my 10+ years of experience better somehow.

Congrats to you as well! What an awesome way to celebrate on a cruise! We just did a cruise last year for DH's 40th b-day and our 15th anniversary. Our September trip is my graduation gift for the whole family. They've earned it just as much as me. It's tough being this old and going back to school.

Go ahead and ask for gift cards too!!! I look at it this way - I don't need the normal college graduation gifts since I'm already old and established So help me get something fun. And honestly everyone in the family will benefit with cool gifts from that machine!
__________________
DH , Me , DS14 , DS10

WL 2013*ASMo 2011/2010/2006*FW 2007**SoG 2000*Off Site 1998

No Ticker...
hebbynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #2724
cogero
DIS Veteran
 
cogero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 4,439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303 View Post
And a Tink Rosetta I just finished for a Bog Give (being stuck inside with three feet of blizzard snow has advantages!)

Bag


Inside
Love this bag. So happy looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I have found a lot of cute plaids at Joanns. Some I got there last fall on their clearance sale but I was there recently and they had some cute plaids. Do you have a Hancocks near you? I bought that cute pirate fabric and the adorable denim with the embroidered animals at Hancocks. It is fun to go there because they have a different selection than Joanns.


Were you able to check the stitch count on your machine? I agree that I would be miffed if my bill of sale said Ellegante 2 and I was given an upgraded Ellegante 1. These machines aren't cheap and you should be walking away a happy customer.

.
I found some material at fabric dot com with a coupon for J and I am excited about and I do have some mickey fabric that I have been hording. I am going to try and run to Joanns with my mom on friday when I don't have kids.

We don't have Hancocks but there is a Hobby Lobby that just opened in NJ that I might try or I know of another big Joanns there but I have to go anyday but Sunday since the county it is in has blue laws.
__________________
Chiara
DVC Member since 7/08 Cast Chiara , Gerard , Chiara Michelle (12), Jimmy (6) Sami (6/5/13)

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #2725
billwendy
DIS Veteran
 
billwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: essington, PA
Posts: 4,938

Oh my goodness!! So many adorable things posted!! the robes! the water bottle holders! the AK dress!!!! love them!!

Thanks for all the pm's about the Big give!!! We would love to have anyone join us, even if you dont want to sew, you could send pixie dust!!! you can click on the link in my siggie and come and join us!!!! its so much fun!!!!!!!

Has anyone here dealt with a concussion before? Im dealing with one now (passed out and whacked my head in the shower on the way down) and am just not sure what to do/not do????
__________________
Wendy Billy and our fur ball Tigger

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #2726
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo
 
miprender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: RI (Home of the Big Blue Bug)
Posts: 4,689

Diane everything you posted is amazing but I really loved that QoH dress. I am so glad it sold


Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Enabler Alert

Price of the Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine at 7 AM on Amazon is $568.95

Click Here



Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303 View Post
Phone post! My first Grace dress, AKL themed.

Front:
Minnie can be removed if DD wants this for non Disney too, she loves the fabrics!
Great job on the dress and also on the bag. We only had 2 feet in RI but our power kept flickering on/off. It never did go off but my inlaws did lose power so they stayed with us for the weekend so I didn't get much sewing in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
I found some material at fabric dot com with a coupon for J and I am excited about and I do have some mickey fabric that I have been hording. I am going to try and run to Joanns with my mom on friday when I don't have kids.

We don't have Hancocks but there is a Hobby Lobby that just opened in NJ that I might try or I know of another big Joanns there but I have to go anyday but Sunday since the county it is in has blue laws.
Which Mickey fabric are you going to use All the HL are closed on Sundays

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Has anyone here dealt with a concussion before? Im dealing with one now (passed out and whacked my head in the shower on the way down) and am just not sure what to do/not do????
Oh no! I would call my doctor and make sure it doesn't turn into something serious.
__________________
--- DD10 , DS8 , DS5 , DH, me(Michelle)
FBStore: Mi Creations Trip Years: 1996,1997,2001,2006,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
miprender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #2727
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer
 
ColonelHathi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post


Then here are two dresses that I made for the launch last week.
With the pinafore on:

With the pinafore removed:

Those boys madris plaid shorts are also very cute and versatile, and go great with that "Chip" shirt.

I love the Tangled dress/Pinafore and the super cute Queen of Hearts dress. I am a big fan of the villians or characters that you don't see as often.
__________________
Me DH DS 8 DD 5

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #2728
Chasingmarcus
Earning My Ears
 
Chasingmarcus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern California
Posts: 62

I posted a few weeks ago looking for a Mulan pattern. I ordered the Modkids pattern off an etsy seller, and it never arrived, I made do though, and made her some pj pants and a t-shirt to go with it instead. It doesn't resemble the movie at all, but it she loved the softness of the fabric, so I went with it (not to mention it was a rememnt at Joanns!)

Here are the pj's I have made so far for our movie nights:
Wendy


Aristocats:


Mulan:


Sorry the pictures are such poor quality. I usually take my daughters picture outside, but our weather hasn't been that good for that here lately.
I have noticed that many of the pictures shown are not on models. Is that for privacy or that the little ones are not there when you want to take a picture?

I love reading and seeing what everyone has been working on. Right now I am trying to finish an Annie dress for my daughter. I am using a Carla C pattern and I do think it is going to look cute. The piping though is going to be the death of me!
Chasingmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #2729
goteamwood
DIS Veteran
 
goteamwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crystal Lake IL
Posts: 518

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Oh my goodness!! So many adorable things posted!! the robes! the water bottle holders! the AK dress!!!! love them!!

Thanks for all the pm's about the Big give!!! We would love to have anyone join us, even if you dont want to sew, you could send pixie dust!!! you can click on the link in my siggie and come and join us!!!! its so much fun!!!!!!!

Has anyone here dealt with a concussion before? Im dealing with one now (passed out and whacked my head in the shower on the way down) and am just not sure what to do/not do????
I had a concussion a few years ago, passed out and hit the bathroom counter and oak cabinets and tile floor. I was a mess. Doctor told me to take it easy and to come back in a week for another checkup for motor skills I guess. (hand-eye coordination, etc.) When my darling sons collided head-to-head and knocked one unconscious, the ER doc said to not let him hit his head again. Ever. (I laughed at her, clearly she didn't have kids, especially twin boys!) If your mental state changes, if you're confused, slurring, dizzy, call the doc immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasingmarcus View Post
I posted a few weeks ago looking for a Mulan pattern. I ordered the Modkids pattern off an etsy seller, and it never arrived, I made do though, and made her some pj pants and a t-shirt to go with it instead. It doesn't resemble the movie at all, but it she loved the softness of the fabric, so I went with it (not to mention it was a rememnt at Joanns!)

Here are the pj's I have made so far for our movie nights:
Wendy


Aristocats:


Mulan:


Sorry the pictures are such poor quality. I usually take my daughters picture outside, but our weather hasn't been that good for that here lately.
I have noticed that many of the pictures shown are not on models. Is that for privacy or that the little ones are not there when you want to take a picture?

I love reading and seeing what everyone has been working on. Right now I am trying to finish an Annie dress for my daughter. I am using a Carla C pattern and I do think it is going to look cute. The piping though is going to be the death of me!
I think some people who sew things don't always have the kids around. I try to get my kids to model, but when I made all our disney outfits, I didn't let them put them on until we went on the trip since I didn't want them ruined. But then I have two boys. Of course, they think Lightning McQueen gave them all their shirts when we checked into his hotel (Art of Animation.)

Speaking of my kids, I whipped these shirts up this morning for my boys' first day of preschool. We weren't going to put them in preschool but found this program too good to pass up. It's at the local high school as part of their child-development class, the high school students "teach" with a facilitator who is their teacher. Each kid gets paired with 1-2 HS students, and I get 3 hours a week kid-free. And the cost is like $6/week for BOTH kids. I can't take credit for this idea, I stole it from pinterest, but the shirts are adult sized, and I plan to take a photo of them for the first day of school every year, and my husband had the idea to have their teachers sign them the last day of school. Of course now I have two shirts I need to keep track of for the next 15 years!


(and yes my son has a black eye on his first day of school. See aforementioned: twin boy.)
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Etsy: JustJoshinKids • just-joshin.com
personal blog: go team wood dot com

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #2730
lynnanddbyz
Mouseketeer
 
lynnanddbyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 312

Which 10 needle machine do you have? Are you happy with it? I am thinking about making the jump to a multi-needle machine but I have only found a few reviews on them so far.



I am not the PP but I have an SWF 601C. This is considered a compact. It is a 6 needle and I LOVE it. They used to make a 12 needle now it is a 15 needle. My only regret was not getting the 12 needle. It is so much easier to use then a home machine and the hoops are HUGH. I use a 12 X 12 all the time. There is a 15 X 20 I use sometimes and embroiderying on hats was a plus as well. If you have more questions just ask. I have had my embroidery machine for years and it is a work horse. HIGHLY recommend the brand, have heard alot of quality issues with the Brother multi-needles and the Happy machines are all made of plastic. If you have a machine in mind I'd be happy to direct you to resources and groups that specialize with "big boy" machines.
__________________
Lynn aka
Lynnanddbyz
Me Hubby DS16 DS12

lynnanddbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: