Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #2071
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Got our tickets for MVMCP last night for November 25th!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #2072
nmills
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis
We are going to 25th too! So excited I can't wait to see my little ones faces they love Christmas lights !
nmills is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #2073
Tulles
Mouseketeer

I don't have anything to say just

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DISNEY!!!!

and I only have 50 sleeps left.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #2074
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

43 more days! I can't believe how close it's getting.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #2075
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Is anyone surprising their kids? My DD went for the first time two years ago when she was two and she can't wait to go back. She knows we are going but obviously doesn't understand exactly when so we were thinking of surprising her that morning when we wake her up to go. Her and I watched some videos of kids getting surprised and she loved it. Just wondering if anyone can share some ideas, suggestions, or their plans! Thanks!

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #2076
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Is anyone surprising their kids? My DD went for the first time two years ago when she was two and she can't wait to go back. She knows we are going but obviously doesn't understand exactly when so we were thinking of surprising her that morning when we wake her up to go. Her and I watched some videos of kids getting surprised and she loved it. Just wondering if anyone can share some ideas, suggestions, or their plans! Thanks!
We are!

We took DD1 for her 5th birthday 2 years ago and are taking DD2 for her 4th birthday. The girls think we are going for DD2's 5th birthday next year. Our plan is to pick up DD1 from school on Friday and drive straight from there. We haven't decided if we're going to tell the kids when we pick up DD1 or if we'll just let them figure it out when we pull into AoA. They are used to long car trips so it won't be a shock that we're taking a road trip, just where we end up.

I'm so excited now I can't wait.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Next trip -
squirrel4569 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #2077
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap
I am surprising DS7 also. Right now, the plan is to pick him up after school and surprise him with a trip to LegoLand. Little will he realize that we're staying at WDW and going all the places I asked him to just pick one of! At least until we get there (I hope). I haven't ironed out the details yet, but everyone who knows we're going knows to keep it a secret from him.

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #2078
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap
My kids know we're going and when. What they don't know is that we're staying in a lion king suite.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #2079
mrsap

Great ideas guys! They are all going to be so surprised!! My DD wouldn't go too long in the car without asking where we are going! That's why we were thinking of just telling her as soon as we get up. Wasn't sure if we should just tell her or give her something Disney themed and let her figure it out.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #2080
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Okay, so it's 3:23 and I haven't been asleep yet. My youngest daughter is at a hospital in Virginia having her baby...5 weeks early! I'm waiting for text updates. We live in Ohio, and I hate being so far away. I didn't sleep last night either and only got 3 hours of sleep today. I am totally wide awake. Yikes!

To make matters worse, my girls grandmother passed away last night (my ex's mother) here in Ohio and they (my 2 girls) had been planning a trip here for the funeral. Meanwhile, my older daughter's 5 year old has been running a fever of between 103 and 105 just since yesterday. So it's hard for her to plan whether to come here or not.

I won't go into all the details and logistical problems, but suffice it to say, it will be an interesting few days ahead for all of us. I don't tend to worry or get stressed about things, so I'm good there. It would just be good to have a couple of things settled for my girls' sakes. Thanks for listening to my middle-of-the-night ramblings! My DH is fast asleep and doesn't even know our daughter is in labor. He'll get a surprise when he wakes up in a couple of hours!

Meanwhile, I'm watching House Hunters and Property Brothers
Just now reading this and sending prayers for all

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #2081
mrsap

Originally Posted by disneychic2
"Okay, so it's 3:23 and I haven't been asleep yet. My youngest daughter is at a hospital in Virginia having her baby...5 weeks early! I'm waiting for text updates. We live in Ohio, and I hate being so far away. I didn't sleep last night either and only got 3 hours of sleep today. I am totally wide awake. Yikes!

To make matters worse, my girls grandmother passed away last night (my ex's mother) here in Ohio and they (my 2 girls) had been planning a trip here for the funeral. Meanwhile, my older daughter's 5 year old has been running a fever of between 103 and 105 just since yesterday. So it's hard for her to plan whether to come here or not.

I won't go into all the details and logistical problems, but suffice it to say, it will be an interesting few days ahead for all of us. I don't tend to worry or get stressed about things, so I'm good there. It would just be good to have a couple of things settled for my girls' sakes. Thanks for listening to my middle-of-the-night ramblings! My DH is fast asleep and doesn't even know our daughter is in labor. He'll get a surprise when he wakes up in a couple of hours!

Meanwhile, I'm watching House Hunters and Property Brothers"

I did not see this post either, but please accept my sincerest sympathy and prayers for everyone. xo

Old 09-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #2082
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Hi guys!

I'm kind of sad this morning...
We are thinking of postponing our trip to January. I was checking the school schedule yesterday noticed a week in January where the kids have 3 days off, so that would mean missing only 2 days. Hard decision!

If we decide to change, I'll be canceling our dining reservations, including CDP with NPH.
I'll let you guys know first.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
Thats stinky but at least your still going and if you like to plan you get to have more fun doing that.

Quote:
60 Days to Go on the countdown clock!!!!!!

How about everyone else?! Getting so excited! Wish we could skip over the next month! We're almost there!
67 days for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica9 View Post
I WANT TO JOIN! Arriving NOVEMBER 27 at WL and leaving DECEMBER 4.

MVMCP on NOVEMBER 29!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
Good morning ya'll!

Just wanted to share this with those that don't already have it. Its a good place to keep track of the daily temps in Orlando.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orl...nyr=11/01/2012
Thank you I saved it to my favs

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesshope1982 View Post
morning all, Day 45!!!!

spent yesterday working on projects and pulling out stuff that needs to be packed not that the weather is getting cooler!! Ahhh its so close.

DD wolk up with night terrors last night which made for a long night. Hopefully disney isnt to stimulating for her and we have to do this for the next 45 nights...
Sorry to hear this it sounds scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
I requested building 7 facing the lake. I know it's only a request and there are no guarantees but I hope we don't end up in building 8, such a long walk!

Yesterday I got the road ID bracelet that I made for DS4 that has both DH's and my cell # in case he gets separated or something. I showed it to DS and tried to explain what it was for and I think I freaked him out with with the thought of him ever getting separated from us. Honestly until reading about it on the Dis we had never thought about this idea as our kids are practically glued to our side when we go somewhere crowded. And DH isn't too thrilled about the whole idea either (he thinks that would never happen to us) but I might still make DS wear it.
The last time we went I bought my daughter a watch and wrote our cell #'s on it. I feel better knowing the kids have our cell #'s. I would def have him wear it. I've also heard about taking pix of them first thing every morning so you know what they are wearing. Scary to think about but it's better to be prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #2083
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are surprising our kids as well, but my youngest is 6. I plan to tell them the day we leave, otherwise, they do not sleep well the night before and that makes for cranky kids (and cranky me, lol)! I would like to tell them on the way to the airport, but dh would like to do it an hour or so before we leave so that the teens can pack their stuff. I found a small globe at the craft store (World), plan to print out a picture of Walt, and have some foam letters that they will need to unscramble for Disney. Hopefully they will be able to put it all together at that point.
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #2084
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly

We are surprising our kids as well, but my youngest is 6. I plan to tell them the day we leave, otherwise, they do not sleep well the night before and that makes for cranky kids (and cranky me, lol)! I would like to tell them on the way to the airport, but dh would like to do it an hour or so before we leave so that the teens can pack their stuff. I found a small globe at the craft store (World), plan to print out a picture of Walt, and have some foam letters that they will need to unscramble for Disney. Hopefully they will be able to put it all together at that point.
Sounds great! I think they'll love it and be so surprised!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #2085
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug

Have you made any decisions yet?
Still waiting to hear back from our friends...

The more I think about it, the more I want to change! We've been for Christmas before & to MVMCP. I would love to go again, but Jan really does work better!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: