Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #2011
PixiePrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2

I think we've all been there! We start off in their lives and they think we know everything. Then, they think we know nothing. But, eventually, you get to such a great place where they realize how great they had it all along. Hang in there!
Oh how i long for that place to get here. Now!
PixiePrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #2012
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI View Post
FD would really help SO much. Maybe I should email my TA today - but I'm not sure how to word it. I just can't understand why she didn't mention this way back in Feb (or anytime since)! I don't think there is a fee to change our flights, but I wonder if we'll be able to get reservations for AOA and we really want to stay there. I would hate to push to trip out too far as November really works for us and the kids are so excited (ok...I am too). Saving that much money would be worth it though. Any advice?
I would get on it! At this point if its not available for A0A stay somewhere where you can get it. $$ is $$ right? I know FDing saved us about $1000!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #2013
Tangledtink
Hair like Rapunzel, attitude like Tink...

49 days left to go!!!! I seriously need this vacation!

Off property~1984 & 1987 Wilderness Lodge~ 2000 All Star Movies~ 2008 Wilderness Lodge~ 2010

Headed back to Wilderness Lodge in 2012!!
Tangledtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #2014
jrlongino
J.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie

The O Lights usually start at 6, even if dusk is earlier. The Saturday you will be there is going to be pretty busy- you most likely won't be able to get to F! in time to get seats if you are at the opening of the O Lights.

Disney has been known to add a second F! to busier nights. They usually change the calendar mid-month the month before. I am willing to bet they are going to add another, later F! that night. If so, you definitely have time to experience O Lights before. If the 6:30 show is the only one (or you don't want to wait for the later show), then I would not try to see the start of O Lights- just wait to see them until after F! is over. The "opening ceremony" is fun, but not a big deal at all. You aren't missing anything amazing by not seeing them right when they start in the evening, IMO.
Thanks Momofkatie...touring plans.com has that day a 4.2 for HS (9+ in EP and MK) does that level usually constitute "sellouts" of F!? Will there be time after 6:30 F! To walk through the Osbourne lights before 8pm close?
jrlongino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #2015
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27
Im sorry for not posting much BUT I feel lost on this thread now

UPDATE: we decided to drop WCC after the new menu change! Thats ok though we now have lunch in AK and time to go back and change for MVMCP at our resort!
Is it that different? We're doing it our last night but now I'm debating. We've never been before.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #2016
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Did any of you go the week after Thanksgiving last year...2011...with free dining and did they offer a bounceback free dining while you were there for this November?? I'm really hoping they offer you all a BB this Nov. for Nov. 2013...then I assume I can expect it will be released?! nov. 2013 is sooo far away...but fun to live your trips this year!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #2017
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlongino View Post
Thanks Momofkatie...touring plans.com has that day a 4.2 for HS (9+ in EP and MK) does that level usually constitute "sellouts" of F!? Will there be time after 6:30 F! To walk through the Osbourne lights before 8pm close?
The overall crowd rating for that day is a 9. No matter which park you go to, that is pretty crowded. I wouldn't risk the Fantasmic ampitheater filling up just to see the "lights on" moment at O Lights. It might not fill up, but more likely, it will. Just getting from Streets of America to the F! seating area will take a while- you might miss the beginning of the show even if there is room in the ampitheater.

Yes, the O Lights usually stay on at least 30 mins to an hour past park close time- enough time to experience them after seeing F! and taking your time to get to the Streets of America.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #2018
jrlongino
J.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie

The overall crowd rating for that day is a 9. No matter which park you go to, that is pretty crowded. I wouldn't risk the Fantasmic ampitheater filling up just to see the "lights on" moment at O Lights. It might not fill up, but more likely, it will. Just getting from Streets of America to the F! seating area will take a while- you might miss the beginning of the show even if there is room in the ampitheater.

Yes, the O Lights usually stay on at least 30 mins to an hour past park close time- enough time to experience them after seeing F! and taking your time to get to the Streets of America.
Good advice. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #2019
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post

Our plan, based on what I read here a while back, is to got to F! and then head to see the lights immediately afterwards. Our F! package is early, so we may even skip lunch that day.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #2020
KatWI
Earning My Ears

Smile Good News / Bad News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
Im sorry for not posting much BUT I feel lost on this thread now
Don’t feel lost…we need you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
I would get on it! At this point if its not available for A0A stay somewhere where you can get it. $$ is $$ right? I know FDing saved us about $1000!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePrincesses View Post
Go to the disney site and price out your trip, using the FD offer to see if you can get everything you want with FD. Yesterday there were still AoA suites available for FD, but not LM rooms.

Then, email your TA and tell them you did some research on a special offer and you think it will save you x dollars, can they check into it for you.
THANKS for the advice! I really appreciate it!
Just talked to my husband about changing our dates. He’s against it because we already scheduled our vacations at both our jobs and it’s the perfect time to go. If we go a week earlier we’ll run into Halloween (too crowded?) and we can’t go later in Nov because he can’t get off of work (others are off for hunting season-BIG deal in our area). We’d have to look into earlier in Oct. I also found out it would cost $300 to change our flights.

I still emailed TA to check into it, to see what we would save.

Got GREAT news today though. The airline we are flying with is offering a promotion where you get a FREE flight with each flight (on specific dates). I called to confirm we are eligible (since we booked before this promotion was announced) and we are! Since I’m taking my sister’s kids on this trip, we’ll get SIX flights for FREE! The destinations are limited to Orlando or Ft. Meyers, but that’s AMAZING! We could go back to Disney! Also my aunt has a condo in Ft. Meyers where we could stay at for free. This is such AWESOME news (as we are on a tight budget). I’m so excited and happy! WOO HOO!
KatWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #2021
jrlongino
J.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI

Just talked to my husband about changing our dates. He’s against it because we already scheduled our vacations at both our jobs and it’s the perfect time to go. If we go a week earlier we’ll run into Halloween (too crowded?) and we can’t go later in Nov because he can’t get off of work (others are off for hunting season-BIG deal in our area). We’d have to look into earlier in Oct. I also found out it would cost $300 to change our flights.

Got GREAT news today though. The airline we are flying with is offering a promotion where you get a FREE flight with each flight (on specific dates). I called to confirm we are eligible (since we booked before this promotion was announced) and we are! Since I’m taking my sister’s kids on this trip, we’ll get SIX flights for FREE! The destinations are limited to Orlando or Ft. Meyers, but that’s AMAZING! We could go back to Disney! Also my aunt has a condo in Ft. Meyers where we could stay at for free. This is such AWESOME news (as we are on a tight budget). I’m so excited and happy! WOO HOO!
What airline? That is a great promo!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #2022
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI View Post

If you checked in just three days earlier you would qualify for free dining. I'm not sure if that would work for you but the savings from free dining would definitely be worth the $300 airline penalty.
Which airline are you flying?
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #2023
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

I tried searching and I'm sure it's been talked about, but what is going on in Disney the first week of December that discounts/free dining is blocked out? We got it for our dates, but now I'm wondering just how busy it will be if Disney blocked those dates.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
DMRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #2024
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
I tried searching and I'm sure it's been talked about, but what is going on in Disney the first week of December that discounts/free dining is blocked out? We got it for our dates, but now I'm wondering just how busy it will be if Disney blocked those dates.
Pop Warner is that week so that may be it.

TinkPirateMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #2025
Whazzatk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWI

Very nice! What airline?
2014- POR

ME DH DD10 DS9 DS2
Whazzatk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: