Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #1441
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Cynthia,

I know I wished you a happy Bday on FB but I really do hope it was awesome...

I'm sorry to hear about all of the illness in your circle...sigh... sometimes it really feels that when it rains it pours...

Glad about the boys being all about the music... totally agree so important not just because I really love music in its myriad forms but it gives them a good group of kids to hang around with... If I get my way David will swim in HS and be in Jazz Band... (& I plan on getting my way...lol)

The Meridian Lounge (?) really, really looked lovely and you all looked like you were having a great night at Pirate's night... you are a good mom to hand over the camera to your little man... sometimes as mom's we make those kinds of sacrifices for our children... Fun Pics...

Great Cruise Swag...

Looking forward to seeing Castaway Cay... thinking about doing the short cruise that goes there (3 night? ) before we commit to anything longer... ahhh... but except for the ship... that whole Alaskan thing really appeals to me... I'm going to have to go back and read that trip report of yours on Alaska...
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #1442
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

You got some great pins!!

Considering how many people are on board, it sure looks like you and your husband were able to find some quiet areas! Nice!

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/27/14 WDW**April 2-6 WDW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #1444
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Great update Cynthia. As usual you look gorgeous. You two are a darling couple.

You didn't dress up for pirate night?

Let me ask you.....tell me how you handle everyone splitting up without cell phones or ways to communicate? I've thought about how I'll handle Joshua going to the Edge and what we'll do? With only5 nights, I'm not sure that's long enough to really get to know our way around, ya know? Are they allowed to come and go into the clubs as they please?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 02-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #1445
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Cynthia. I love the picture of you by the rail on the ship. And I am now drooling over that crab cake that one of you had for your appetizer.

Great photos at dinner!

RIP Genie
Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #1446
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We loved the travel themed interior here and tried to get a shot of the 2 of us with the cool luggage strapped in seating
That is awesome! I'd never seen that before. Now I want to find a room in my house to decorate like that!

Quote:
Apparently Evan, who is about 80 pounds soaking wet, had gotten stuck on the Aquaduck riding solo and had gotten an earful from others waiting in line, mad apparently that he’d gotten stuck and slowed down the line.
Poor guy. People can be jerks sometimes. As if he was trying to get stuck.

Quote:
The interior on the Dream is VERY different than that of the Wonder so I enjoyed checking it out
It looks a little classier on the Dream. But either spot is pretty cool.

Quote:
Jack Sparrow's Barbecue Marinated Beef Short Ribs - Rubbed beef short rips with tamarind-barbecue sauce and served with onion red bliss mashed potatoes and plantain chip
I remember this being my favorite meal on the Wonder.

Quote:
Yeah, I admit. The show didn't do much for me but it was cute.
Soon enough though, fireworks at sea! A first for us

And…that’s all I got picture wise as I could see quite quickly they weren't turning out.
You saw a lot more than I did on our cruise!

Quote:
DIS Dads!

Quote:
Sadly the ink wore off within a month of using it.
I hate that.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #1447
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

By the way, I can't post this on my own TR as an update (yet) because my wife will see it...but our wait list came through for Aulani!

We got into a 1-bedroom island-garden view villa. My wife and I were just in the process of looking for a different place to stay and were ready to give up on it when we got the call. Her birthday is next month so I'm not going to say anything about it until then.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #1448
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious
By the way, I can't post this on my own TR as an update (yet) because my wife will see it...but our wait list came through for Aulani!

We got into a 1-bedroom island-garden view villa. My wife and I were just in the process of looking for a different place to stay and were ready to give up on it when we got the call. Her birthday is next month so I'm not going to say anything about it until then.
Congrats!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #1449
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Continued in next post

These turned out great!

Nice that you had a little alone time for an adult beverage!

Dinner looks yummy!

The Pirate Party looks like fun and fireworks at sea seems like a blast. I'm looking forward to that.

Lots of fun loot!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #1450
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

awesome news and what a wonderful birthday surprise.

RIP Genie
Old 02-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #1451
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

I am happy for you, but I am even more excited about the fact that we will get a Captain Aulani TR now!!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #1452
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
awesome news and what a wonderful birthday surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

I am happy for you, but I am even more excited about the fact that we will get a Captain Aulani TR now!!!
Thanks everyone!

Sorry, Cynthia, I didn't mean to hijack your TR. I just posted that here because you had asked about our struggles getting a reservation there before.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #1453
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great pictures again! Love the two of you at Meridian!

I am so hungry right now - I should NOT have looked at the food pics. Those potstickers look so good!!

You got some really good DVC swag! I'm going to have to make an effort to check into that more next time! We got hats and tote bags and maybe one other thing.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #1454
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great updates! Pirate night looks like fun! Love the idea of the Fireworks at sea.
Fire works at sea are pretty darn cool I have to admit. It was a fun night

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
You got some nice things from the FE group and DVC. Looking forward to the Castaway Cay day!
We did! It was a great FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Fun pirate night pictures! The Mickey bandanas are cute. I like the Mickey/paintbrush plates, too.
The paintbrush plates are so cute, I've often been temped to buy some. I wish the pirate bananas were bigger, they are like half bandannas. Works great for the kids but a little more challenging for Jeff and I.

Quote:
Wonderful update! The Meridian lounge looks so wonderful. I remember that when the first pictures of the Dream were available online, I thought that this was one of the spots I needed to explore if I ever got to go on that ship (I guess I would enjoy it on the Fantasy as well... ).
We absolutely loved Meridian, of all the lounges on the Dream it was our favorite.

Quote:
Those pirate nights celebrations seem to make that day a very long day. I wonder how it will work for us as pirate night will be on the day when we are at Cozumel. We have a snorkel adventure planned, so I imagine that I might have the same problem as Eric...
Not really longer than any other day unless you are an early to bed sort, which we are not. Naps by the pool, or beach do help

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Looks like a fun evening!!! Sorry about the Aquaduck incident. Bad enough to get stuck, but having to hear about it wouldn't make it any better.
I know! If we'd have been there Jeff would likely have given someone a major earful so it's just as well we weren't but the poor kid. Hard enough to be one of the smallest in your class and then get abused for it by strangers.

Quote:
I think I'd give up on the fireworks pictures too. Always hard to get good ones, and it is easier to enjoy them without looking through a camera anyway!
At a certain point it's best to just be in the moment. That was definitely one of them!

Quote:
Looks like there were a lot of cool FE gifts. I wonder who the Disdads keyring was from...
It was a wonderful FE. The Disdad is around this TR but I know has been super busy lately, I think he started their TR before we did but we are further along in the trip by now although he had an update to his pretty recently. Life gets busy! I could "out" him I guess but I bet he will be along at some point. It was such a kick to see that. His DW was one of the main coordinators of the FE and I don't think I realized he was a DISdad until later on. Pretty fun, Jeff loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I apologize! I am really late with my birthday wishes to you!

On the other hand, I am very early in my recognition of National Margarita Day!
I'll be returning home from Mexico on 2/22, so I won't be able to send greetings to you on the actual holiday.

Thanks Dee!

I love it! I didn't know there was a national margarita day, Jeff and I must celebrate.

Quote:
Been really busy keeping up with the BC/YC FAQ board, and managing some mischief over there. Oh yeah, and cleaning up after our east coast blizzard. We got around 2 feet of snow. No school again today for the boys. We are very lucky- we never lost power during the storm.

Now, off to catch up on your update.

2 feet, wow. That will close school for sure. Hopefully no major damage, just closures for you. It was a crazy storm, the pictures are amazing. Mischief at the BC/YC huh? I might have to poke my head in and see what's going on, I haven't been over there in forever!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #1455
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Fantastic update!!!

Love the pictures of you, and of Jeff and of you and Jeff with your drinks in and out of the lounge. The one of you on deck with your drink is awesome!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Dinner looked and sounded amazing. I may troll around to see if I can find a recipe for the carrot, coconut, golden raising slaw. That sounds really good.
It was really good, I really enjoyed the entire meal and that chicken definitely exceeded my expectations. Let me know if you find the reciprocity

Quote:
Too funny on your "dessert series".
And that was honeslty maby 1/3 of the pictures he took. It was pretty funny.

Quote:
Nice booty! Both the FE stuff and DVC swag.
It really was quite the lovely load of loot wasn't it!

Quote:
ARGH on photobucket! I just figured out that you can't resize the photos, you have to upload them at the size you want. I haven't switched over to the new version. Well, I did for about 5 minutes then I bailed. Not looking forward to being forced into the new version.
Yeah, I was in the new site, bailed, and then got forced back in. NOT happy. And now if you edit a photo somehow it resizes the new one larger I don't get that at all. I need to do all my editing and organizing before I upload but with time stamps and names that just doesn't always work. It's been amazingly frustrating and has definitely slowed down my updates, esp on the Gaston TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Can't wait for the Pirates Party in May !!!! I am gonna have to see if I can find some Pirate Eye Patches for the guys for that !! Your FE loot looks awesome !! I am just not crafty enough to come up with some of the ides !!!
Eye patches are fun! I don't think we started out with any but got some in the FE both times which was fun and we also got DVC pirate tattoos which came in handy. Evan REALLY wanted to do a pirate makeover and I swear, if we do another cruise and he wants to I will book it. He brought it up that night so it was a bit too late to even try but it was cool he even wanted it. You do not need to be crafty at all to do an FE. Some items were very crafty, some not at all. Mine were a mix but you'll have to wait and see what we gave (unless the aforementioned DISdad posts it on his TR first lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
wow you got alot of really cool stuff. sounds like a fun time.
The FE's are SO much fun! I think I enjoyed this one even more than the one on the Wonder. That one was much bigger but on this one I felt like I "knew" the participants better which made it more personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
and i would have had them double up that pot sticker order.
And the beauty is, you can! They will bring seconds of anything. Or 2 apps, 2 entrees, you name it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great new updates, Cynthia!

I REALLY REALLY love all the photos .... what a walk down memory lane. We LOVE Meridien and have spent quite a bit of time in there.

Thanks Karin! It was definitely our favorite lounge, by a landslide.

Quote:
Pirate dinner is my least favourite, but it looks like you enjoyed your time a lot.
I don't remember loving it on the Wonder but honestly I loved the meal. I really debated what night to do Palo and was torn between pirate and the last night but b/c it was K's first pirate night we went with the last night which meant we missed out on the "animation" of Animators. It was a tough call for sure.

Quote:
Cute FE gifts! And I had to LOL when I saw all the DVC and DCL gifts - another set will be collected next week.
Poor Eric, he's using the Castaway Club backpack as his school one (he has a perfectly fine other one but REALLY wanted to use the CC one) and one of the straps broke. WAH!

ONE WEEK! We hit double digits for Aulani. Not quite the same thing as one week but still...double digits

Quote:
I am glad you enjoyed some quiet time in the room, too!
It was lovely, just a little quiet solo time for me, I think it (in a very odd way) made up for the lack of a spa visit. Which accomplishes much of the same thing but costs a heck of a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Karin what do you not like about Pirate's night ????
If it were just Jeff and I, adults only, we'd definitely have done Palo this night. Still made it to fireworks of course but I can see it being a good night on an adult only trip for Palo or Remy.

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: