Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #1336
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh certainly. It is possible, perhaps even probable that pool/garden will be avail at 11m exactly so I could book that and wait list bw view. Looks like the actual # of bw view 2b's is closer to 30 or less so not a lot of inventory at all!

As of this morning though I am hopeful I will not need to. Walking has commenced! I really didn't want to walk but versus the alternative seemed needed. And, while I know I don't have to do it daily, I will. For 2 reasons. 1st to free up a night that might be really needed by someone and 2nd to get closer to my real dates that much faster. I'll breathe easier on Monday after NYE and NYD is secured but at least I have our check in day!

Kind of a good thing I had to do a practice run, had I not I might not have had all the kids ages and addresses handy, that took a bit to enter.
I am so happy to hear it works out! Waiting and stalking the site is nervewrecking.
If only they knew what we are going through to get those special reservations.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 01-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #1337
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat

I am so happy to hear it works out! Waiting and stalking the site is nervewrecking.
If only they knew what we are going through to get those special reservations.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Oh I'm sure they do! And love it. Supply and demand. Holy cats I just learned there are only 22 bw view 2b's. Makes me feel better about walking.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #1338
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, good luck! I am sure once you got your foot in the door you will be fine!!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Old 01-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #1339
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Cynthia, good luck! I am sure once you got your foot in the door you will be fine!!!
Thanks, I sure hope so and that it truly is a 1:1 ratio like that. I won't relax until it's done but feel a LOT better now that our foot is in the door. I will be mostly relaxed after Monday though as that gets us through the holiday. I knew there weren't many but really had no idea it was as low as 22. Knowing that makes me feel much less guilty about walking and even though I don't "have" to call tomorrow, I plan to as I hate the idea of tying it up for someone else. It's only 3 days/calls so in the big picture not all that bad and I am grateful I don't have to try to be online at 5am again, that is not fun! I actually woke at 4:20, had the alarm set for 4:45 so of course couldn't get back to sleep. I'm sure I will fade earlier than usual tonight.

Kind of funny, in classic Disney booking style my ressie lists my sister as the first adult, not me. I called MS as I've no idea if they will do red eye with us or not and don't want them to to be the ones to have to check in and she said I show as primary on there on their end but "the system likes to mix up the names" when it books and that "adult 1" didn't mean anything. She was pretty cute about it! It's odd though, and I never noticed it before but you would think if -you are adding a child to a ressie it should automatically assume that the child isn't a member (as who puts a minor on a deed?) but no, I had to go through and check it every time.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #1340
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Oh my! Your DVC walking/not-walking scenarios have my head spinning! And I know about the "other drama" for the trip...OY! I'm glad you were able to get your foot in the door this AM, hopefully we will continue to hear the good reports and you'll have your room!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #1341
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh my! Your DVC walking/not-walking scenarios have my head spinning! And I know about the "other drama" for the trip...OY! I'm glad you were able to get your foot in the door this AM, hopefully we will continue to hear the good reports and you'll have your room!
Why yes, yes you do know about the other drama. OY is right. I actually had lunch with my folks, sister and BIL on Monday and the drama continues. It will be VERY interesting to see what they end up doing as right now I think my sister wants one thing, BIL could care less, mom was leaning toward something else but I think can easily be moved to what my sister wants and my Dad......is trying to be as cheap as possible and really isn't considering the trade-offs with it. I really hope my sisters opinion wins on this one, it's the best solution for all IMHO, including the BIL who is less than thrilled to even go, and if they move on it fast enough, an amazingly good deal. I just hope they don't miss the window on it but we will see I guess. I do think all may well be resolved on their end by mid Feb, at least that's kind of the plan.

The big drag from my perspective though is the dates...I think we are going to have to put IoA smack in the middle of things, probably 1/2 which will mean bigger crowds over there. I'll be contacting you on those details for sure as I do think we all agreed on a plan for that and I'd love you to help us pull it all off.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #1342
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

We are doing a 4 night on the Dream in December.
That is good about the retainer.
I like the glass you got for the drink while pulling away.
So sorry for your loss. I have read several reports and posts on FB about her. I don’t think I knew her but she sounds like a great woman and friend.
Oh my word the problems with adding on. I would have gone crazy. LOL
Congrats on getting the points you wanted.
Okay that was rollercoaster but glad it worked out.
Nice on the PAP. We got them too but it is our last year for it as we feel confined to Disney and really want to see more.
The trips sound great.
The Golden Mickey’s looked like fun.
Can you go off on your own to Atlantis to see the resort or does it have to an excursion through Disney? I need to start researching for the trip. LOL
Very nice tribute video.
The room you finally got in Nassau was nice and the pool was really nice.
Okay the beach is really nice too.
The dinner at Royal Palace looked really nice.
The meal at Palo looked yummy. LOL.
I couldn’t deal with the dvc part of the big trip so I would tell everyone they are staying in the cabins. LOL. It will be a great trip for all of you.
I am now all caught up.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #1343
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, I sure hope so and that it truly is a 1:1 ratio like that. I won't relax until it's done but feel a LOT better now that our foot is in the door. I will be mostly relaxed after Monday though as that gets us through the holiday. I knew there weren't many but really had no idea it was as low as 22. Knowing that makes me feel much less guilty about walking and even though I don't "have" to call tomorrow, I plan to as I hate the idea of tying it up for someone else. It's only 3 days/calls so in the big picture not all that bad and I am grateful I don't have to try to be online at 5am again, that is not fun! I actually woke at 4:20, had the alarm set for 4:45 so of course couldn't get back to sleep. I'm sure I will fade earlier than usual tonight.

Kind of funny, in classic Disney booking style my ressie lists my sister as the first adult, not me. I called MS as I've no idea if they will do red eye with us or not and don't want them to to be the ones to have to check in and she said I show as primary on there on their end but "the system likes to mix up the names" when it books and that "adult 1" didn't mean anything. She was pretty cute about it! It's odd though, and I never noticed it before but you would think if -you are adding a child to a ressie it should automatically assume that the child isn't a member (as who puts a minor on a deed?) but no, I had to go through and check it every time.
Eek! Waking up even earlier than necessary and then not being able to go back to sleep!!

Don't worry about the Adult 1 thing. On both of my DVC bookings so far, I have never been the Adult 1. It appears that there system is just rather messed up.

On the child issue: Maybe a child could have inherited the deed? But I think they could still make it standard that the child is not a member and then let you change it manually if necessary.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Old 01-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #1344
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They had Brooklynn listed as the lead name on one of our rooms once when I had to call about something.

What we have seen in the way of system glitches is that our request for connecting rooms often disappears. Even if I stated it originally and they say it is clearly noted, and I check close to trip time again, we have still gotten to the desk and had rooms not together. We always politely ask what they can do to help us out, and thankfully, so far, at least, we have always gotten the connecting rooms. I'd like to jump into the computer, though, and see exactly where it is along the way that the request vanishes.

Hope you get all of your ducks in a row with your trip so you can get to that relaxing part.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:34 AM   #1345
merbobear
DIS Veteran

O.M.G. I am so excited I found this TR. I started reading it a couple months ago and was trucking right along, and then firefox crashed and all of my tabs disappeared and I couldn't remember the title of the TR or your username to find it again ....but just now I was browsing the TR board and the word "Verandah" resonated with me for some reason, so I clicked...and here it is!

Now I just need to find what post I had left off on, but for now I am subscribing so I won't lose this thread yet again!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #1346
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in Cynthia !!I finally caught up on the sleep I missed with my nightmare ER visit with 1 of my individualsI have started my 2013 Free Trips etc ptr !!! I can't rember if I told you!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 01-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #1347
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

Hello! I sat down last night and read your whole TR! I love it. I have DVC and I really want to do a laid back trip. Can't wait to hear more! BTW, I think we will be at Aulani at the same time. We are going 5/25-6/1.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #1348
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
They had Brooklynn listed as the lead name on one of our rooms once when I had to call about something.
I have read of the funniest things along those lines, mixing up last names within the party, all kinds of things.

Quote:
What we have seen in the way of system glitches is that our request for connecting rooms often disappears. Even if I stated it originally and they say it is clearly noted, and I check close to trip time again, we have still gotten to the desk and had rooms not together. We always politely ask what they can do to help us out, and thankfully, so far, at least, we have always gotten the connecting rooms. I'd like to jump into the computer, though, and see exactly where it is along the way that the request vanishes.
Oh my goodness, that would be upsetting at check in, how wonderful they've been able to do it. I've only done connecting twice. We were told the only time the actually guarantee it is if the parents would be separated. It did get us an upgrade though as that was the only way they could fufill it at WL.

Gremlins eating requests and mixing up details, it's a bit nutty! And yet on the flipside I did find today that the new My Disney Experience actually updated immediately on my modified reservation, almost in real time. Surprised the heck out of me.

Quote:
Hope you get all of your ducks in a row with your trip so you can get to that relaxing part.
Thanks! Me too. It is very possible I didn't need to go through all this but the not knowing till it was too late was too much for me to take. That said at least today's call to slide it a day was about as painless and fast as anything could have been. So far I have 2 nights of the 6 I want, tomorrow will be 4 and then done with it all on Tuesday if it all continues to go according to plan. Then the real fun can begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
O.M.G. I am so excited I found this TR. I started reading it a couple months ago and was trucking right along, and then firefox crashed and all of my tabs disappeared and I couldn't remember the title of the TR or your username to find it again ....but just now I was browsing the TR board and the word "Verandah" resonated with me for some reason, so I clicked...and here it is!

Now I just need to find what post I had left off on, but for now I am subscribing so I won't lose this thread yet again!
back! I've had that happen and it is so frustrating! Heck, I've unsubscribed to my own TR/PTR's on accident before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just checking in Cynthia !!I finally caught up on the sleep I missed with my nightmare ER visit with 1 of my individualsI have started my 2013 Free Trips etc ptr !!! I can't rember if I told you!!
Hi Rosie! You did, I think I subbed...I'll have to check I hope your individual is ok and you are caught up on sleep too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
Hello! I sat down last night and read your whole TR! I love it. I have DVC and I really want to do a laid back trip. Can't wait to hear more! BTW, I think we will be at Aulani at the same time. We are going 5/25-6/1.
Hi and it was such a wonderful laid back trip, truly the most relaxing family trip ever. We will definitely overlap at Aulani, we are there 5/22-28. So excited!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #1349
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Thanks Cynthia, I am finally all sleeped UP!!! I am working a 13 hour shift right now , but at least get out at 10p instead of midnight !!!!! Tomorrow is Kyle's birthday and I am off and Judy is taking it off. So should be a fun day !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #1350
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, I am slowly catching up on all my subscribed threads.

Your brunch at Palo looks absolutely lovely (where the heck are all the people? ). I really like the look of Jeff's plate and his desserts.

Hmmm...wonder where Kendall was since you knew where Evan was and Eric was still in the room.

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: