Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #1276
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

I like your family picture, and until you mentioned your stray hair I hadn't noticed it!

I love a cruise line that lets you bring your own alcohol

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
Old 01-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #1277
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
I like your family picture, and until you mentioned your stray hair I hadn't noticed it!

I noticed it right away lol! And then my family gave me a ridiculously hard time about it, apparently I have that happening a lot. I think it's from my glasses. My hair is so darn straight it "dents" like that super easy if I put it behind my ears or wear my glasses before it's 100% dry I end up with some weird bumps.

I love bringing our own for a couple of reasons, obviously the cost but we also get what we want and usually it isn't anything that is available on the ship. Better wine for far less $$, beer they wouldn't have at all (Jeff loves IPA and I haven't seen it on a DCL ship yet) and them of course the ability to make mixed drinks if you want too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #1278
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post

Really cute pictures of everyone! I must admit, I had to go back and look at your photos because I didn't notice your stray hair either!!

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #1279
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Really cute pictures of everyone! I must admit, I had to go back and look at your photos because I didn't notice your stray hair either!!
I noticed it of course right away but didn't say anything about it but the E's had a lot of fun with it when they saw it, little monsters!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #1280
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I noticed it of course right away but didn't say anything about it but the E's had a lot of fun with it when they saw it, little monsters!
I think you should give them a hard time about not seeing it before the picture was taken. You can try blaming them (it's what I'd do!)

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #1282
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

J

Cynthia - Today's Seattle Times travel section has a bunch of info on markets and restaurants on Oahu.

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #1283
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a terrific family photo! You all look great!!

What are your thoughts on the shows? I don't really think of myself as a "show person" ... I never go to the shows in WDW so am wondering if I'd like these. But sounds like there are plenty of alternative activities!

Your afternoon in Nassau looked to be delightful... right up to the downpour and floating horse poo...

Old 01-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #1284
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
J

Cynthia - Today's Seattle Times travel section has a bunch of info on markets and restaurants on Oahu.
I saw that and saved it! Loved the market info in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a terrific family photo! You all look great!!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the shows? I don't really think of myself as a "show person" ... I never go to the shows in WDW so am wondering if I'd like these. But sounds like there are plenty of alternative activities!
There are tons of alternatives for sure. Spa, all kinds of tastings (martini, champagne, tequila) all the wonderful lounges, movies and of course the adult pool area! There is also a fair amount of other types of adult entertainment, comedy etc that isn't a full musical production. Honestly if you aren't big on them at Disney you probably wouldn't be here either. Could be fun to check out one at least but I wouldn't build your night around it for sure.

Quote:
Your afternoon in Nassau looked to be delightful... right up to the downpour and floating horse poo...
Well thankfully the horse poo was just in the drop off area so as long as you didn't go in the street it was ok but it sure did make me wonder what the rest of the streets were like! If I was on an adult only trip I'd probably want to check out the Graycliff, that place looks lovely!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #1285
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love the dress, shoes, and wristlet. You guys look fabulous! K's hair looks especially cute.

Ok so with French onion soup, how do you eat it without getting hangy stringy cheese all over?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #1286
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

All caught up and WOW some nice pics and a great dress up optional night.

Yup been to the Bahamas and looks like it has not changed.

Too bad abou the rain but I am glad it dod not effect your pool time there but bummer on the kids getting bored soon.

I am glad you took a nap- I know hard that is sometimes.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #1287
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Pat !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #1288
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love the dress, shoes, and wristlet. You guys look fabulous! K's hair looks especially cute.
Thanks! It's funny, I was trying to figure out what in the world I have sticking out of the wristlet. Looks like paper of some sort but why I'd have any with me on the way to dinner I can't for the life of me recall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Ok so with French onion soup, how do you eat it without getting hangy stringy cheese all over?
No clue. Quickly and grab those strings when no one is looking. LOL! I do tend to "twist" a fair amount. I think I might make some tonight, that sounds SO yummy! I prefer it with the Gruyere but it's so pricey and I have a Parmesan recipe that isn't quite as stringy so will probably go that route. Question is what to eat with it, by itself it's not substantial enough for Jeff for dinner, even with a salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up and WOW some nice pics and a great dress up optional night.
Thanks! If they turn out even halfway decent I have to buy them as they are so few and far between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Yup been to the Bahamas and looks like it has not changed.

Too bad abou the rain but I am glad it dod not effect your pool time there but bummer on the kids getting bored soon.

I am glad you took a nap- I know hard that is sometimes.
It's funny, I broke the news to the E's about Aualni last night, as in going without them. Eric was pretty bummed and I spent some time reminding both of them how they were in Nassau and at Vero for the beach part, especially Nassau and I think he's over it. I hope to give them a love of the beach but the reality is right now they have a love of the sand and (swimming in) lakes, far more than the ocean and I hate to spend that kind of $$ and take them somewhere, where to really enjoy it, we'd need to have some serious outings planned, which then adds to the $$ even more. We will see.

Ah, a nap in the sun, really the only kind I can take but oh so very very lovely when you can!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #1289
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Cynthia !! I just started my 2013 PTR !! So here is the Rosie link "Where will Rosie Roam in 2013 " and it is on the PTR boards !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #1290
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Thanks! It's funny, I was trying to figure out what in the world I have sticking out of the wristlet. Looks like paper of some sort but why I'd have any with me on the way to dinner I can't for the life of me recall!

No clue. Quickly and grab those strings when no one is looking. LOL! I do tend to "twist" a fair amount. I think I might make some tonight, that sounds SO yummy! I prefer it with the Gruyere but it's so pricey and I have a Parmesan recipe that isn't quite as stringy so will probably go that route. Question is what to eat with it, by itself it's not substantial enough for Jeff for dinner, even with a salad.

I didn't notice the paper at all.

I always feel so sloppy trying to navigate French onion soup. I try to twist but it never works. Michael makes it with Gruyere. He also makes this insane grilled cheese with Gruyere with béchamel sauce. O.M.G. It's heavenly and probably the most fattening thing I've ever had. Add a small sandwich with the soup or really big croutons.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: