Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #1261
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Another great update! I love how your family pictures turned out and your dress is so pretty I've seen that "Ta-Da" trick before on a cruise, but I love how the server taught your son how to do it!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #1262
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Captain Gus sounds like a lovely guy... How nice to get some chat time with him...

Everyone looks great -you look lovely and I think K's dress is super cute...

It looks like you had a great meal... the amt of dress up meals depends on the length of the cruise doesn't it?

So... the Bahamas sound out for a vacation... huh? Have you been anywhere in the Caribbean/Mexico that you particularly liked? (just curious... I like to file this info away for future trip ideas...lol...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #1263
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Lovely update again! You guessed very well with all the food! I have been through that menu a few times now. The baked salmon is actually very nice!

It's definitely something Kendall would order and nothing else on the menu came close so I took a wild guess!

Quote:
And you met Captain GUS! He is so much fun ....... loves his Mickey Whistles and we ran into him a few times coming from the CC reception. He always had a comment. I think he is Dutch, isn't he?
I think he is Dutch. Jeff chatted with him quite a bit, he was like a little kid it was so cute. Very personable! We ran into him again later and had more chatting.

Quote:
Villains is our least favourite show - somehow it doesn't scream Disney.
Honestly I think they blew it with the overall premise, Hades keeping his top spot and the whole evil meter. I love the idea of a show focused on villains but that part was well, dumb. I did enjoy a lot of the segments but honestly could have skipped Hades entirely and not just as the star of the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Great pictures! I like group shots better if there isn't any colour coordinating going on and I think you all fit together with a cruise theme very well! Makes it seem much more natural that way.
We were definitely not color coordinated but then again, I didn't try. I just told everyone to wear something a bit more dressy and that colorful was just fine.

Quote:
I can see what you said about the heads. It nearly appears as if these pictures are edited automatically and is set so that it cuts of directly above the head. I can't imagine that the photographer framed it like that for every single picture.
I agree, it made framing them a challenge, Jeff's head looks cut off!

Quote:
Sounds like a wonderful evening! So that was your dress up night? I am still trying to figure out what I will be wearing for that night... I guess I might end up buying something because it would be a nice excuse to buy a pretty dress! Most of my things are rather dark colours and I would love something bright and colourful!
I love color, I have more color than dark so that part was easy, it was just a matter of which dress. They call it "optional dress up" so I figured that was dressed up enough. I'd say most folks were dressed along the same lines, didn't really see people going dressier than that, unless they were going to Palo or Remy of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
You all looked GREAT!
And so did the food!
Thanks! Unfortunately I think I have to retire that dress. I'd considered taking it in Oct, tried it on and UGH. I love the color, love the back of it, which you can hardly see, but it really doesn't fit anymore. It wasn't great in August but definitely worse in Oct. It looks a bit sack like in many of the pictures which made me sad and then made me annoyed at myself as I wore a similar cut dress in the disastrous semi formal pics from the Wonder, though I swear that one looked like a mumu in the pics, I haven't worn it again since. It's super comfy though! Sigh. Part of it is the style/cut of dress of course but it really is quite big now. I'd almost like to try and get it altered but every time I try that, it ruins the item so I'm hesitant. A good problem I know but it still kind of bums me out as I really loved that dress. On the cruise I hadn't bought much new to officially downsize but I had to break down and do some it for the Oct trip and now need to for Hawaii. I was kind of bummed though, looking at the pics it's like the dress really could use some jewelry and I had on the coolest bracelet and it doesn't show in a single picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I like that you had a colorful dress on too - so much of my stuff is black. I've got to start thinking about pictures and the right clothes before our next cruise.

How fun to meet and chat with the captain!
I am the opposite, most of what I have, has color. I finally got a black sundress for the Oct trip (actually, you saw me in it lol). I did wear black on formal night on the wonder and was very happy with it though. Can't recall what I wore to Palo though and hated what I wore on the semi formal night, at least in pictures. Liked it at the time an then ICK. I think I wore slacks with a top and light sweater most of the other nights. I don't actually have much in the way of pictures of what I wore to dinner those nights but you will want layers for sure.

Captain Gus is wonderful, we absolutely loved him and were so excited that he was on the Dream, it was a huge and pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
the dinners looked really good but small portions, i would have ordered two different ones. even thought they are prob the size of meals you should eat.
You can get two! They might looks small but were quite filling, we often got more than one appetizer, or an appetizer, salad, entree and then dessert. But Jeff is definitely known for having 2 entrees. But yeah, they probably are the size of what you "should" eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It is nice that Jeff got to hook up with Captain Gus. It's always nice when the guys can find things they like that have a Disney connection. It helps to sell them on Disney in general.
It really does! Jeff gets very into the ship details, construction, navigation, weather patterns, the whole thing and had wanted to do a tour on the Wonder but the one offered wasn't at the level of detail I think he was looking for. I swear he got more out of that 5 minute chat than any scheduled tour. For someone who says he's not all that into it, and gets annoyed if the kids bring it up too much, I swear he talks about it just as much in a different way. Cracks me up. Here he is being annoyed with the boys who are plotting park days, making calendars, discussing dining for next NYE.

He then pipes up about how he thinks we need to have PTC in the mix.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #1264
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
A few options to choose from!
I'll take one of each! Except the vegetarian stuff.

Quote:
If memory serves (and my bill backs this up) , we armed the kids with an Arr-cade card, K took off to the teen club and Jeff and I did??? I honestly have no idea!
Coffee on the verandah?

Quote:
The Story Villains Tonight!
Sounds like a fun one. I guess they're all hit-or-miss depending on which characters you enjoy.

Quote:
A fun fact, Captain Gus was the same Captain we’d had on the Wonder!
Cool! That must have been a fun conversation.

Quote:
First up, the group. Clearly this was not a color coordinated effort!
Nice shot, though. Color coordination is overrated, anyway.

Quote:
Tomorrow was our at sea day, what would we do?
Eat, sleep, pool, shows. In some order.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #1266
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great update!

I love your dress and shoes. So cute! I figured I would take a sundress for each night of the cruise, but I guess I can do a little dressier for one night.
If you are doing Palo, you may want something dressier than this. I wore this to brunch on the Wonder at Palo and then on the optional dress up night on the Dream but for Palo dinner went dressier than this. I really like those shoes, they are fun and casual and go with a lot of things. The dress sadly is going to get retired which bums me out but oh well. I may just have to get another new one of something for Hawaii to replace it

Quote:
My friends have decided that they want to go, so we are meeting with them on Friday night to discuss details and decide what category they are going to book and all that. I am going to book them through my TA so we end up on the dining rotation.
I don't think just b/c she books them it will automatically put you on the same rotation but I'm sure if she links the ressies somehow or requests that you are together, you will be. Are you going to request a specific rotation?

Quote:
So when I checked cabin availability I found out that we are on the C rotation which means our first day is the "sea" day. I swear it was NOT like that when I booked the cruise, but I'm OK with it because it will make me want to get off the boat more when we get to Nassau. Still trying to decide what excursion to do. It is a lot cheaper to book at room at the Comfort Suites and go to Atlantis. I am sooooooooo undecided.
I didn't love our port rotation either. CC was on the last day which made me nervous as if bad weather had kept us out, no chance of recovery. WAH!

The Comfort Suite option is great, especially since there are 4 of you. I'd totally go for it! That is if everyone likes water parks. If not, maybe not.

Quote:
Anyway - so glad you got to meet the captain. Did you bring that wine from your room? I read some thread where people where flaming that. ugh!
Seriously? In the first place it could be wine from a lounge, no one would have any way of knowing one or the other and secondly if DCL allows it, what's the harm? I think DCL knows what side their bread is buttered on and in the big picture I can't see it hurting their bottom line at all, only helping it. Heck, even though we had beer, wine and rum, in the room Jeff still ordered a 3 bottle package and that didn't include the special bottle we knew we'd get at Palo! Granted we didn't do hardly any mixed drinks or beer or wine at the lounges beyond that but I'm quite sure they still made $$ off of us.

Yes, it was from the room. We hit Publix on the way to the port specifically to stock up. We overbought but that's another story entirely.

Quote:
I did find out that my friends are driving down, which actually works out good because they are going to Disney after the cruise. That means Denny and I can drive back with them. Yeah! Still haven't decided how we are going to get to the port.

OK - I am writing too much about me again. You know - its ALL about me!
So will you fly down and drive back with them, then? You are driving in June, right? Well for jsut 2 of you, if you don't need a car now, I might just pay for the shuttle, it does make it easy to get there. Or a towncar. A rental is cheaper for sure but it will eat more time. Do you arrive the morning of or the night before? I can't recall.

Quote:
II also love Kendall's dress, Jeff looks super happy, and the boys are so cute. It's great that you all got to go your separate ways after dinner.
It is a super cute dress on her, isn't it? She was bummed, the sandals she wanted to wear had been trashed on the turtle walk so ended up wearing a different pair until she could clean the other ones. Her other outfit was super cute too (a xmas present from us actually) but she forgot a key piece to go with it so couldn't wear it. Which cracked me up given the huge volume of clothes she brought! Jeff was super happy, he was so cute with the Captain, I loved it! It was just a great night all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablady View Post
I just found your TR a few days ago and am all caught up! I love finding TRs after they've been on here awhile....it's like finding a book series where you can sit and gobble up all the new stuff without having to wait!
Hi and !! I know exactly what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablady View Post
You did way more in Nassau than we did, the one and only time we were there! We had gotten incinerated at Castaway Cay the day before so just hung around the ship being hot. That was the first time I tried the family pool...very odd. Like a big, hot, box. At least you got to enjoy a nap! Can't wait to hear more (now that I'm all caught up, darn it!).
I confess, I've never been in the family pool and that doesn't make it sound like fun at all! Incinerated is no fun to recover from at all! I am grateful that the kids have been old enough that they can be in the pool on their own and we can head to the adult one. I do think they did a much better job on the Wonder on the layout of the adult pool though, but the Dream does have a wonderful deck area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am loving this !!! I had already perused the menus and Belles onion soup and the filet and lobster medallions were on the short list and for sure creme brulee !!!
It was a great dinner! For some reason I think the menu changed and there was a different entree I'd wanted (duck maybe?) that wasn't there anymore but I absolutely loved it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Looks like a fun evening with everyone getting to do a little of what they wanted to do. You all clean up good (love your dress and shoes, and Kendra looks so grown up).
Sigh, she is grown up! Taller than me, I just cheated with heels. It was a very fun night. I think of those shoes as being perfect on a cruise ship. You get the heel but have the stability of the wedge for all those stairs!

We generally skip the elevators.

Quote:
Ok, I just saw that I only read half of your post - my browser jumped directly to the second part of your upate. Stupid me! But then I got a bonus update to read today, so that was nice, too!

Sounds like a lovely meal! I think the restaurants on the new ships look very nice!
I've had that happen more than once, it just goes to the last post sometimes, versus my last unread It was a lovely meal and I really loved the decor at Royal Palace. You will be on the Wonder, right? I will be curious to see what you think. I'd probably say decor wise I'd go Parrot Cay, Animators and then Triton's. Which, prior to the cruise is the opposite of what I thought I'd like. So you never know.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #1267
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Guess the dish is a great post holiday game!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #1268
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've had that happen more than once, it just goes to the last post sometimes, versus my last unread It was a lovely meal and I really loved the decor at Royal Palace. You will be on the Wonder, right? I will be curious to see what you think. I'd probably say decor wise I'd go Parrot Cay, Animators and then Triton's. Which, prior to the cruise is the opposite of what I thought I'd like. So you never know.
Wow, I would guess now that I would prefer them in the exact opposite order from your choices! I will certainly report back after the cruise! I actually requested a rotation now and Triton will be the one that we will be at twice (if we end up going to Palo the night that I have scheduled so far for it). But it makes sense since my friend has been on the Magic multiple times so already knows the other restaurants very well.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #1269
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

It sounded like a great day! Good for you, for not taking pictures of every moment...it can be easier to enjoy the moment that way.

Those waiters on cruise ships are some of the friendliest and best entertainers, aren't they? Okay, now I want to learn the balancing-fork trick!

I think your family portraits turned out great....I love that white background.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #1270
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Another great update! I love how your family pictures turned out and your dress is so pretty I've seen that "Ta-Da" trick before on a cruise, but I love how the server taught your son how to do it!
Thanks! Evan had a lot of fun learning the trick. I love the color of that dress and the back of it, which you can't see in the pics, darn it anyhow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Captain Gus sounds like a lovely guy... How nice to get some chat time with him...
It was a great interaction, definitely a highlight for Jeff

Quote:
Everyone looks great -you look lovely and I think K's dress is super cute...
Thanks! We were really happy to get a couple of nice pictures of her, we don't have that many (where she isn't playing soccer lol)

Quote:
It looks like you had a great meal... the amt of dress up meals depends on the length of the cruise doesn't it?

So... the Bahamas sound out for a vacation... huh? Have you been anywhere in the Caribbean/Mexico that you particularly liked? (just curious... I like to file this info away for future trip ideas...lol...
Yes, the dress up meals vary by cruise. 7 and longer and you'll get a formal night and a semi formal. Less than that I think it's just the one "optional" dress up but am not sure.

Well Castaway Cay is in the Bahamas so no, I wouldn't say it's totally out

I've been to Cozumel, Cancun, Turks/Caicos, Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I'd go back to all but Grand Cayman, which was a lot like Nassau only mabye a bit cleaner (though this was a LONG time ago). I'd pick different things though as those were all trips before kids so I'm not sure how I'd view them now. Jamaica has pluses and minuses for sure so it's not very high on my list at all but there are some amazing things to see there if time allowed. I wouldn't turn down a free trip. Jamaica and Nassau on the same cruise itinerary and/or Grand Cayman? No way. Personally, I would be looking to try the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Barbados and Aruba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Fun that they do a dress up night on the cruises! You all look great!
I wore a dress each night but this was "dressier" lol. Shocking lack of pictures of us dressed up though, we try not to be slobs for dinner on the ship even when it isn't dress up night. It was a really fun night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Guess the dish is a great post holiday game!
Guess the dish, I love that! There will be more to come on that for sure.

Quote:
Wow, I would guess now that I would prefer them in the exact opposite order from your choices! I will certainly report back after the cruise! I actually requested a rotation now and Triton will be the one that we will be at twice (if we end up going to Palo the night that I have scheduled so far for it). But it makes sense since my friend has been on the Magic multiple times so already knows the other restaurants very well.
I really expected to like Triton's the most (not including Palo of course) but for whatever reason it just didn't grab me at all. The food was good and I think part of it was one of our nights there (on the 7 you get a 2/3/2 rotation so see everything at least twice) it was the night of the dessert buffet and they were setting it up fairly close to our table while we were finishing which was distracting and made us feel rushed and like they really wanted us out of there.

It was funny, after I saw our rotation I was really dismayed. We had Parrot Cay for formal night, and Pirate night and that really bummed me out. Turned out to be wonderful! I may well like Parrot Cay so much as we had such fun experiences there, our Character breakfast as there as well and then the kids loved Animators so much, it was hard not to. Plus on a "cold" cruise, Parrot Cay did feel like a vacation on it's own with the theming.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #1271
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Great update!!

I don't remember other ships that we have been on but besides alcohol, I cannot remember paying for any food out of pocket. I find it kinda odd those smoothies are extra.

Your dinner looks really good! Love the pictures! If I got the family dressed for pictures, they would look like your family shot. I'm sure you weren't thinking pictures when you got ready for dinner.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #1272
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really expected to like Triton's the most (not including Palo of course) but for whatever reason it just didn't grab me at all. The food was good and I think part of it was one of our nights there (on the 7 you get a 2/3/2 rotation so see everything at least twice) it was the night of the dessert buffet and they were setting it up fairly close to our table while we were finishing which was distracting and made us feel rushed and like they really wanted us out of there.

It was funny, after I saw our rotation I was really dismayed. We had Parrot Cay for formal night, and Pirate night and that really bummed me out. Turned out to be wonderful! I may well like Parrot Cay so much as we had such fun experiences there, our Character breakfast as there as well and then the kids loved Animators so much, it was hard not to. Plus on a "cold" cruise, Parrot Cay did feel like a vacation on it's own with the theming.
Hmmm - I will certainly report back about my experiences! I am planning on writing a trip report since my sister requested one. And because I found out that the note taking and writing make a wonderful "souvenir" for the trip! I already got a very nice new camera (a Sony WX100 which is tiny but has a very powerful 10x optical zoom lens, should be great for pictures at AKL!) and a little notebook with Mickey on the front for note taking! My whole trip is nearly three weeks, so I have no idea how long it is going to take me writing the report though!!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #1273
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
It sounded like a great day! Good for you, for not taking pictures of every moment...it can be easier to enjoy the moment that way.
Most definitely! I can say, without a doubt, this was the most relaxing family trip ever. EVER. Which is pretty darn cool! It does however mean that I have no clue what we did more than once during the trip.

Quote:
Those waiters on cruise ships are some of the friendliest and best entertainers, aren't they? Okay, now I want to learn the balancing-fork trick!
They really are. We were so spoiled with them on the Wonder that poor Allan paled in comparison, this was probably the highlight of the interaction but it was very good. I wonder if Evan remembers how to do it?

Quote:
I think your family portraits turned out great....I love that white background.
I like the white background a lot. I wish we weren't quite so orange and shiny but I still framed both of them and have them hanging...and used them in our xmas card so...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Great update!!

I don't remember other ships that we have been on but besides alcohol, I cannot remember paying for any food out of pocket. I find it kinda odd those smoothies are extra.
On a lot of ships all drinks are extra, alcohol or no. All of the DCL ships have drink areas where they are not free, any of the lounges, the little bar by the theater on the Wonder, coffee bar etc. So I knew about the smoothie but on the Wonder it was not next to the pool, or the free ice cream, so easier to ignore the requests. I swear I promised one to the kids one day and it never happened and while I know part of the reason why (and will get to in a later update) I can remember the end part at all!!

Jeff and I did a bit better on not buying OOP drinks, we did to a coffee card on the Wonder but didn't here and just bought less cocktails all around. Which of course he made up for buying the wine package so it was a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Your dinner looks really good! Love the pictures! If I got the family dressed for pictures, they would look like your family shot. I'm sure you weren't thinking pictures when you got ready for dinner.
Well I was planning on pictures but didn't plan out outfits other than to tell folks that bright colors were ok. For one thing I had no idea what Kendall would pack and the boys were pretty adamant about what they wanted to wear so at that point I gave up and let Jeff wear the ugly tie. So, we don't match, or even coordinate but that's ok. I figured I was lucky to make them take the picture at all so I picked that for the battle, not the what were they wearing. I made everyone match on the Wonder on formal night but didn't attempt it this time.

Quote:
Hmmm - I will certainly report back about my experiences! I am planning on writing a trip report since my sister requested one. And because I found out that the note taking and writing make a wonderful "souvenir" for the trip! I already got a very nice new camera (a Sony WX100 which is tiny but has a very powerful 10x optical zoom lens, should be great for pictures at AKL!) and a little notebook with Mickey on the front for note taking! My whole trip is nearly three weeks, so I have no idea how long it is going to take me writing the report though!!!
I used the "note" function on my iphone for the summer trip, with just a different note for each day and it worked so well for trip notes. I wish I'd stuck to it for the Girls trip but oh well. I am so glad to hear you will be writing a TR, it is going to be a wonderful trip, with some neat new pictures with your new zoom!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #1274
MEK
DIS Veteran

So you can request a rotation? Recommendations please. I am going to link the two reservations.

We are driving back to Disney with our friends. That way we don't have to rent a car to go back.

We are arriving three nights before the cruise and then going back for 4 nights after the cruise. The friends are probably going to meet us at the port the day of the cruise. I think they will be spending the night in Charleston. Not completely sure. They are going to Disney for a few days afterwards. Not sure how long yet, but I hope they tell me soon.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #1275
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
So you can request a rotation? Recommendations please. I am going to link the two reservations.

We are driving back to Disney with our friends. That way we don't have to rent a car to go back.

We are arriving three nights before the cruise and then going back for 4 nights after the cruise. The friends are probably going to meet us at the port the day of the cruise. I think they will be spending the night in Charleston. Not completely sure. They are going to Disney for a few days afterwards. Not sure how long yet, but I hope they tell me soon.
Ah so instead of driving your car down, you'll do a one way rental?

Are you on a 3 night or a 4? On the 4 I think, unless it's changed, these are the options. Basically you get 2 nights in a row at the same place.

1. AP -- EG-- RP --RP
2. RP--AP--EG--EG
3. EG--RP--AP--AP

AP (animators), RP (royal palace) EG (Enchanted Garden)

Pirate night was the 3rd night. If you have the double AP rotation like we did, pirate night was the third night and the "show" at Animators was the last night. I wanted to palo on the duplicate night and since the kids love animators, that was the best rotation. But it meant I had to choose between missing pirate night, or missing the show.

Since you booked through a TA, they will have to call and request the rotation for both of the reservations unless your friends book direct. Not sure what it is on a 3 night other than you get one each night but I'm sure you could call DCL and ask or your TA could. You can also request it's a table for just the 4 of you if you want. They seem to be pretty good about fulfilling the requests, I don't think most folks think to ask or maybe jsut try to change their rotation once on board.

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: