Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #1081
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
HOLY CANNOLI BATMAN!!

California, Phillipines... What an adventure! Congrats on the new contract! I was pretty sure you decided to add on at BW from your earlier comments, but who knew it would be so complicated? You tell it in a great way though - makes for fun reading! I'm glad I live near the state border, just in case I'd ever have that issue!

I didn't even know BW still was available to buy direct - but then again, I never look at direct sales except those promo videos to get the prints!
It was an adventure to be sure. You can buy direct, as an add on, at the older resorts if there are points available. There have been BCV and BWV points available the few times I've checked but nothing at OKW. Hadn't really checked on anything else as they weren't of interest. I realize a lot of folks will think that it's nuts to buy direct, especially at an older resort with a shorter contract and it's true, I could have spent less and gotten more more points with resale. But we didn't want a big contract even if the per point was less, ultimately those dues will bite you and the restrictions mattered to us. And the reality is, with the types of trips we are taking, we are recouping the investment much more quickly. Typically that's the only reason I look at the video's too...it's driving me nuts as I'm missing one of my prints and know it's somewhere in the garage, finally hung up the other 2 I have in my office at work and wish I had the Aulani one. Oh well.

Quote:
I hope all the planning works out for you! And I definitely want to hear about Aulani! That's on my short list for the next couple years...fingers crossed! Flights from here are $$$$!
I bet. I was just pricing a work trip out east for April (DC) and it's cheaper for me to to go HI! Non stop at least it is. I am VERY excited about Hawaii, wish it was sooner!

Quote:
Oh - and I love your family Christmas card - and that picture of the boys and the tree is just beautiful!
Thanks! That pose in front of the tree was Evan's idea. The boys made one of their grandmas a calendar and wanted an xmas pic in for Dec. I argued against the shot saying she didn't want to see the backs of their heads! He really wanted it in so, it is. It is a fun shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
What a long and winding road to your new DVC contract! But you got what you wanted in the end!
Can't believe you had to travel to California and "walk" to the Philippines to get it all done!

It was the craziest thing

Quote:
Your planned trips sound awesome! How I wish we could make it to Aulani one day, but the flights are just over the top .... so I guess that is on a back burner for us. Will have to live through your reports!
I can't even imagine what the flights are like from your neck of the woods, ouch. I am very very excited for Hawaii. Dreading telling the boys. Jeff thinks we should leave out the little detail about it being at Aulani but I'm not crazy about that idea.

Quote:
Congrats on the premium AP! Bummer about the discount though! But I can assure you that the 10% discount comes in pretty handy too. (I usually have one more suitcase going home, than coming ..... the 10% pay for the suitcase and the extra charge.)

Love your photos!
I have the 10% with DVC and my current AP. The PAP was about $25 more than my DVC AP renewal would have been, or $25 less than a new DVC AP. The extra 10% really was a deciding factor, I may have just held off and renewed instead although rates will likely go up before my renewal date happens so I'd have renewed anyway. The good news is that basically it does extend my overall pass as I won't activate it until next December and my AP expires in early August. Which means I should be able to get a couple of trips on it at least and with 6 teenage boys it is likely we will have to add water park and more for Disney Quest anyway and if weather really is nice enough, hit a water park so it might pay off. frankly if there was a payment plan I'd buy the rest of the family PAP's as we will spend close to that on Park Hoppers but it just isn't in the budget. I do hope they extend the deal but we will see, certainly hasn't been announced yet and what is a little frustrating is that last year, they announced it AFTER the ticket prices had gone up so a lot of people were unable to upgrade. I'm definitely going to have to really think about my timing on buying the other 3 tickets and what we really need. If we really hit the parks all 9 days then the PAP might make sense if it was offered at the same price but if not, probably not as I'm not sure anyone else will make it back within 12 months to use the pass again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Thanks for that amazing update, I cant believe the problems of being in the "wrong" state!
Your tree looks superb BTW
Who would have known? I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of VGC owners here in WA but it sounds like that only resorts from AKV/THV on had it automatically included. Guess I won't plan on buying at Vero or HH either! Not that I was...

Thank you! I love my tree, it drives Jeff nuts as he think it has too many ornaments but I don't think there is any such thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
My head is spinning (no green pea soup though!) and am so happy it all work out for you!

Jill in CO
My head was spinning, it was so crazy! Made me wonder if fate was trying to tell me it was a bad idea.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #1082
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow! What a saga! So glad it worked out for the best and am uber excited to hear Aulani details.
It was a saga. Should have been simple and really wasn't but I'm still awfully pleased about it! Oh I wish Aulani was sooner, dying for some sun here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Yay! I'm so happy you were able to work it out! It didn't take long for the Addonitis to get to you. I was really feeling it after our Aulani visit, but we'll need to wait for the dust to settle here after our move.
Well yes and no. Addonitis was always planned and I'm glad I waited. I bought what we needed to get us through last summers trips, knowing it was about half of what we ultimately wanted. I really thought about doing it all at once but wasn't positive i wanted to be locked in to one home resort and since I obviously decided that isn't what I wanted, I'm doubly glad. I also wanted 2 contracts in equal size so that if they were to be handed down, it would be equal. Not a reason to buy or even a plan but just wanting it to be simple if that ever became a consideration. Practically speaking that is complicated since the BWV one ends quite a bit sooner but it's all so far away who knows what people will want, or extensions, etc by then. It is very possible we'd be using the BWV one until contract end without the need to hand it down at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Tell me about it! That and the TIW going up to $100.
Yeah, that bums me out too. I was planning on getting one for the big 2013 trip but now...probably not. I'll have to do the math but we may just go back to the DDP, it really makes life easier in a lot of ways.

I figured out what I saved with the 10% discount on the Oct trip. I didn't have it on everything in the sumemr as they hadn't expanded all the places that took DVC as a discount and I didn't get the AP until the end. I figured I saved a total of $12 after the small upcharge over what I paid do to an DVC AP upgrade to my one day ticket, versus getting a new park hopper.

With my luck it will be about the same for this one, the PAP was only $25 more than renewing my AP would have been so I have to save at least that much to justify it. Except I'd already get the 10% everywhere anyway now that they expanded the DVC discount, plus we have the Disney Visa. Sigh.

Oh well. Maybe there will be a fabulous new 2013 perk that we don't know about. I can hope, right?

Quote:
Phew - that is some story on the points. I am really glad it all worked out for you. Talk about stressful.
Yeah, now you know why I didn't want to say anything. And maybe I shouldn't have. Dad goes in for an angio on Monday. Sigh. He definitely has blockages, it's just a matter of where it is and if they can do anything about it or if he has to wait it out while his heart builds more new bypasses of its own. Doc still is adamant that he is not a candidate for a bypass, that this is much less invasive and manageable for now. Maybe but not less stressful on us! It's not as bad as it was last Jan but not good and I think either way we may have to force him into a scooter but we will see.

Quote:
Your plans for next Christmas sound wonderful. I would love to go down there for NYE. I have no idea why. I just do. Weird.
Because we are crazy? I'm totally scared of the crowds, and excited all at the same time.

Quote:
I am glad you got the AP, that means you definitely need to do a Spring trip!
Either Spring, or F&W 2014. I'd have probably renewed my AP either way but this does give me a nicer extension for whenever the next trip is after the big one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
AHHHHH.....the joys of being back on the DIS. To read your story was like falling in love with the DIS all over again.

I'm glad everything so far seems to be on point..
So far it is one of my trips so you know how that goes! It does keep it entertaining though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
They did that-- Good thng I was making sure I use my pass in Oct for the 20% off.
I was supremely annoyed that I couldn't upgrade my AP to the new DVC PAP deal. I could have used that 20% in Oct, I actually bought way more than usual!

Quote:
Wow I pretty much knew you added on and glad you did at BW.
What an ordeal and some creativity and pixie dust that went into it.
Definitely some pixie dust, my rep was the bomb. I am so happy I added on there, I just loved everything about it. The boys are pretty excited about it too and other than SAB, everyone would rather be at BWV than BCV anyway.

Quote:
So happy for you and I am trying for NYE 2013 too
I am excited and scared all at the same time! I was happy to see that when I looked today there was plenty of availability over Thanksgiving so that was encouraging. I'm not planning to walk the reservation so fingers crossed. So far it sounds like a few folks will be there, will be fun to try and have a meet or 2!

Last edited by eandesmom; 12-27-2012 at 06:49 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #1083
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Cynthia,

From the little I've had time to read of your TR, it seems you've made some awesome friends here on the DIS. It makes me

Reading the planning of any of your trips is always worthy of pulling up a chair and and
Old 12-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #1084
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Cynthia,

From the little I've had time to read of your TR, it seems you've made some awesome friends here on the DIS. It makes me
I have, so very very blessed!

Quote:
Reading the planning of any of your trips is always worthy of pulling up a chair and and
Aw, thanks. It's a soap opera to be sure but never boring. It is so lovely to have you "here" even if only for a few days.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #1086
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Wait, they can sell you those points in CA, but what about the Phillippines? Your notary might've messed up the whole deal. (Though I hope not!)

Congrats on the purchase though. I'm excited to read about these new trips you're planning.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #1087
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wait, they can sell you those points in CA, but what about the Phillippines? Your notary might've messed up the whole deal. (Though I hope not!)

Congrats on the purchase though. I'm excited to read about these new trips you're planning.
i was wondering the same thing...does the notary have to stamp it as being signed in the Phillippines?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #1088
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm exhuasted just trying to figure all of that out, Cynthia. I don't know how you kept it straight and kept sane at the same time. I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

Too bad you have that Hawaii trip; otherwise, you could go in June when MaryAz and the girls, MEK, me (hopefully) are all going.
I'm glad it worked out too, it was a bit nutty.

June will be fun but is really an impossible month for me to go ever. It is end of year for the kids, they are in until the 23rd, Evan's birthday and between baseball, finals and all that just not a good time for me to be gone. Not to mention the fact that my entire family would melt down if I went again without them before our big trip. Which is a bummer for me but it's not really in the budget anyway. It was so nice to meet Mary and the girls (and her DH too), I hope someday I can meet you as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm all fuzzy headed and dizzy and all I did was read about your drama. I can only imagine how you felt while dealing with it.
I felt fuzzy headed at the time too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
First, a belated Merry Christmas! I loved your Christmas card and tree photos. really nice!
Thanks!

Quote:
Your post about Tracy was just beautiful and brought me to tears. Sounds like you all had such a great trip. I know the speed that happens once a strong person enters hospice--my sister fought long and hard, and when she finally "gave in" to hospice, she knew she was done fighting and was there less than 48 hours. Thanks for sharing some of Tracy's personality and joy with us!
I am so sorry to hear you lost your sister, I can only imagine how hard all of this is on family.

Quote:
Finally, WOW! First how crazy that WA was not included in the states in which they could sell. who ever heard of such a thing? Sounds like you have a great agent who really dug around to find a solution for you. It definitely made your CA anniversary trip an adventure - Philippines and all!
It was crazy, who'd have thought it, certainly my rep didn't have a clue and she's been with DVC for some time. My rep was absolutely wonderful, couldn't have been happier with her.

Quote:
that photo of the boardwalk is amazing! where did you take it from? Its like a post card! Your big fat plan is going to be a load of fun when it all comes together (which I hope is less painful than putting together the trip for this TR!)
That was from our verandah in Oct! It was SUCH a gorgeous view. Jeff really wants boardwalk but oh I loved that Luna Park view! Less painful I doubt it, it's a lot of cats to herd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellea04 View Post
Can't wait for more
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Your tribute post to Tracy was lovely Cynthia... Since I just reread and watched a Christmas Carol... it reminds me of how Dickens said "he kept Christmas well and in his heart... the whole year long..." Tracy seemed to keep Disney magic well and in her heart...
She really did and she shared that magic with her nieces and nephews, very special. I think they too will always keep Disney well and in their hearts thanks to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
as for your trip plans... I need more coffee to get all the details but I'm pretty sure that you and Jeff will be going to Aulani... and there will be some sort of family trip next year covering the New Year's Date... All sounds amazing...
Yep, you pretty much got it.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #1089
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Mine, too!

We plan to be in WDW Christmas Day 2013 through New Year's 2014, as well. I think there will be a huge group of DIS friends, so we will have to plan a big meet. Maybe we can fill a Jungle Cruise boat again or find an out of the way place to have a counter service meal. It's always fun to meet DIS grown-ups in person and to see how quickly DIS kids become friends.
Oh I love the Jungle boat idea! Yes, a meet must happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
My head hurts. If I ever buy into DVC i'm hiring you to sort it out for me.
LOL! It's a moving target to be sure and not one right solution for any person. The best thing to do is to really do your homework before you buy, pro's and cons of resale versus direct, where you'd want as your home and all of the costs over the term so that you are really comfortable with whatever you decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Wow! Just reading all of that made my head spin. I can't imagine how you must have felt going through all of that lol
Dizzy for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
The Boardwalk is on my bucket list- congrats!

Jordan?
It's a good thing to have on a bucket list!

Quote:
The Epcot Resort Area is my favorite place to stay. Either the Boardwalk or BCV will do fine for me. That view of the pool area....

Yes it's me....for the next few days, I have limited access.
All things being equal I'd have to agree. For a non park trip, OKW was absolutely perfect and I really really did love AKV but I love everything about the Boardwalk resort area just works for us. I am excited to see what the 2B looks like at BW and see how I feel about it compared to the other villas. It's harder to compare the studios, all you can compare is the location but it was fascinating to me how similar and very different each of the 3 1B villas we stayed in over this last trip were and my rather strong opinions about each.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #1090
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow! That whole DVC thing would have stressed me out!! But I'm so excited that you got BWV points. I absolutely love it there!!
It was a bit stressful to be sure but worth it in the end I think!

Quote:
Believe me, I had that thought! I forgot to mention in the update but as he was doing his notary thing, he actually insisted on using his own special state of CA form instead of the one Disney had provided. We insisted he notarize both, kind of freaked us out for a moment as he really liked "his" form better (had more info on it of some sort) and I could just see DVC taking issue with that.

Of course he then charged us for 2 instead of one.

Quote:
I'm excited to plan them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i was wondering the same thing...does the notary have to stamp it as being signed in the Phillippines?
No he was very insistent on using his special state of CA form, and then charging us twice to also notarize the actual doc DVC was asking to be notarized. And then charging us twice.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #1091
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Holy Smokes! I just read your DVC story... once again you've got my head spinning.

You had me ROLLING with this :

I had to go to California, and then to the Philippines, to be able to add on at the Boardwalk. I would like to thank the creativity of my rep, the flexibility of the point sale banking gods, the state of California and yes, the Philippines for making this happen.

Sounds like you are going to have an awesome time!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #1092
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Of course he then charged us for 2 instead of one.

No he was very insistent on using his special state of CA form, and then charging us twice to also notarize the actual doc DVC was asking to be notarized. And then charging us twice.
Did he charge you twice???

Oh I would have been mad too. I know it is a notary but charging you twice because he insisted....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 12-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #1093
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Did he charge you twice???

Oh I would have been mad too. I know it is a notary but charging you twice because he insisted....
Yep, he charged us twice. He absolutely insisted that the form Disney had would not be accepted by the State of California and it had to be their special form, which asked for a lot of additional info.

We absolutely insisted he notarize the doc Disney was asking us to notarize.

At this point it was like...whatever. Take the twenty bucks. Good thing I had extra cash on me as it was cash only.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #1094
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I have, so very very blessed!

Aw, thanks. It's a soap opera to be sure but never boring. It is so lovely to have you "here" even if only for a few days.
It's been good to be around, but sad in some ways because I can't really check in regularly. But God is good and knows what's best.

You have to know that YOU are a blessing to many!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #1095
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
It's been good to be around, but sad in some ways because I can't really check in regularly. But God is good and knows what's best.
And the blessing is that when you do, and can, it's like you never left. I forget, do you have limited email access as well?

Quote:
You have to know that YOU are a blessing to many!
Awww

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: