Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #931
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

nice relaxing stroll even if you forgot a child in the process. im sure he didnt stay mad to long at you. i mean you were headed to a cruise after all.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #932
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Wow, like you said -- eerily similar mornings. We even started walking the beach in the same direction you did. And it's funny that you mention those birds, and how they looked better in person. I did the same thing. I didn't even put the pictures in my chapter since I wasn't happy with them, but they were so cool in person!

Aw, that's too bad that Evan missed out on a walk on the beach. Sometimes we they "hear" promises, don't they?

I'm glad that Jeff was able to rescue the pancake situation, especially after you were talked out of making them yourself.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #933
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Beautiful morning pictures! Happy belated birthday Kendall!! That's an awesome present! I would love that!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #934
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures on the beach!!

Hmm....room service was closed??? Glad everything worked out and Kendall still got her pancakes!

Old 12-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #935
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
HOW can room service be closed??? Oh man! Good recovery on the take out though!
The only thing I can figure is that it was in between breakfast and lunch in their eyes, guessing I called just after 10. But isn't that the point of room service? Available during those in between times?

Quote:
Glad Kendall liked her spa gift! Can't wait to hear what she chose!
Who doesn't like the spa! I didn't realize she'd never had anything besides mani's or pedi's.

Quote:
So you say "in theory" you should have had plenty of time and that leads me to believe that "in reality" meant something different!! Oh boy.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I love all the pictures from your beach stroll, but these two especially. Gorgeous!
Thanks! It was such a great start to the morning, and later I was very glad I'd had that zen start!

Quote:
Sorry that your feet were bothering you. Not being able to sleep is an awful feeling!
It really is, I am lucky in that it rarely happens but I think I'd take straight up insomnia over the feet on fire.

Quote:
Room service was closed? Seriously? Don't they realize people are on VACATION and some may not be getting it into gear until later in the morning? Glad takeout was able to save the day.
Seriously, the whole point of room service should be for those in between times and if you ask me, breakfast should be available all day! I'm sure it was just after 10 so they'd cut it off but to be entirely closed? Crazy.

Quote:
OK, I'll do the math.

An hour, 15 minutes for the drive. 45 minutes for errands (if you immediately find what and where you are looking for) 1 hour for the boarding processing.

You are gonna be cutting it seriously close for that FE meeting!
Well I can tell you, from all 2 times I've done it, unless you are there early which we clearly never are, boarding doesn't take anywhere close to an hour.

Quote:
That's one good thing about the Disney Cruise - 24 HOUR FREE room service!!!
Yes, but it's a limited menu so we wouldn't have been able to get pancakes on the ship either, at least not to the room. They only have continental type items for RS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I bet you could pick up some Beverly from Club Cool to try. That would kill off just about anything.
I am in the minority here, but I like it. Then again, I like Campari and Soda.

Quote:
Some very nice beach pictures here!
Thanks! It was a lovely walk.

Quote:

Is that Maryann?

Quote:
Uh oh. Time to distract him. Squirrel!
Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love the beach shots! It looks so peaceful and empty early in the morning.
It was! my idea of heaven that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
That is crazy about room service being closed so early though, I don't think I've ever heard of that happening anywhere before. Can't wait to read about the cruise!
I know! I've missed meal ordering windows but to be entirely closed? I do think breakfast should be an all day thing for all room service menus.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #936
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great pics of the beach. It looks so peaceful.
It was!

Quote:
Yikes again for patchy internet - looks like you got a taste of the internet on the Disney ships.
I've avoided even trying internet on our 2 cruises for that exact reason

I think it's Disney internet...anywhere!

Quote:
NO room service SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad Jeff was able to get some pancakes from the restaurant!
AND, you are on your way to the DREAM!
I was sweating bullets for a minute. I mean it's not a lot to ask for on your 16th birthday and it was going to be exceedingly lame if we couldn't pull it of..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Beautiful pictures from your walk (Jeff's run) on the beach. I love the beach first thing in the morning...so peaceful.
It is one of "our" things to do on vacation, no matter the weather and it really was the perfect start to help get us through a fairly frantic morning and afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I can't believe room service was closed, but glad Jeff could get the pancakes from take out at the restaurant.

I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

Hope you made it on time for lunch and your DIS meet.
Yes, not just breakfast over, but closed! It was so surprising, never even occurred to me to check hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nothing better than an early morning beach stroll to brighten the spirits after an itchy night.

Poor feet. I have visions of my ankles when they get flea bites. Ouch.
It was not fun, at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So - glad you were able to get pancakes and glad you were able to get out by noon. Now I just hope you get to the port on time with your "stops".
The question is, how many stops were there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I really like this one.
Thanks!

Quote:
Good to hear that you managed to come up with breakfast for all.
me too, it was a nail biter for minute though!

Quote:
Looking forward to starting the cruise next!
Well we have to get there first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Now I know what I am doing on my last day at Vero if I ever get to stay there.

A lovely walk on the beach amid all the packing up and getting on the road.
Nothing better than a quiet morning on the beach,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
So glad Kendal got her pancakes and WOW how crazy that room service was closed!!!!
I was shocked, never occurred to me it would be any kind of an issue at all.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #937
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Yikes! So sorry your feet were so miserable. I hope they don't create problems on the cruise.
I was hoping that too

Quote:
Nice beach pics!
thanks!

Quote:
Why would room service be closed? They must be short staffed or something. I'm glad Kendal got her pancakes!
I am guessing it was between breakfast and lunch, they must have stopped breakfast at 9:30 or 10, it can't have been much after 10 when I called at the absolute latest. Still, it's usually not CLOSED but certain things unavailable.

Quote:
I was sad to see you leaving the beach, but then I remembered that you have a DREAM cruise to look forward to!
We are only halfway through our trip! 4 nights on the Dream and 2 at AKV still to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Room service closes!?!?
Exactly!

Quote:
I guessing you board later than planned.
Our goal had been 1 and with the delay, we were hoping for 2 which still would have been enough time we though to get everything done. Originally we'd thought about getting there early but the morning walk and birthday pancakes won out, plus we had no desire to be part of the masses all boarding at once with how quickly the late arrival had gone for us on the Alaska cruise.

Quote:
Looking forward to hearing about the Dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
What a stressful morning between the bites and the room service fiasco and trying to get out of the villa! I'm glad you had that morning stroll!!! Your pictures are beautiful and make me want to be on a beach RIGHT NOW instead of in this chilly, damp NE weather!
I might have lost it without the morning stroll. Or had a rum/juice drink for breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I would have been thinking the EXACT same thing about the bright red bites on my feet, totally vain, but well, there are pictures documenting moments on the cruise!
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
nice relaxing stroll even if you forgot a child in the process. im sure he didnt stay mad to long at you. i mean you were headed to a cruise after all.
He was pretty grumpy about it for a bit, or just grumpy in general. He felt slighted in the morning and then well, let's be honest. Packing up, driving to the ship is not a very fun period of time for anyone and less so if you are a bit hurt at the same time. I don't think he cheered up until he had his KTTW card. Not horrible but definitely a bit sulky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, like you said -- eerily similar mornings. We even started walking the beach in the same direction you did. And it's funny that you mention those birds, and how they looked better in person. I did the same thing. I didn't even put the pictures in my chapter since I wasn't happy with them, but they were so cool in person!
They were, I really wished I'd had the big camera but if you couldn't get a good picture, I am sure I couldn't have either. It's almost like I copied your trip...except I didn't know any of the details while we were there. Eerily similar.

Quote:
Aw, that's too bad that Evan missed out on a walk on the beach. Sometimes we they "hear" promises, don't they?
I think you may be on to something there. That didn't even occur to me and it is very possible I was non committal. I honestly thought he needed the sleep so wasn't ever planning on waking him as I knew the next 4 nights would be late and I didn't want him to be cranky for that. But next time I will remember and check in.

Quote:
I'm glad that Jeff was able to rescue the pancake situation, especially after you were talked out of making them yourself.
Well, we both talked ourselves out of driving to the store just for the mix but I was sweating bullets for a minute there. It wasn't much to ask for for her 16th birthday and I'd have felt absolutely horrible if we didn't pull it off.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #938
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I am all caught up.
I am so sorry to hear of the all the people who need prayers and thoughts. I will keep them all in my thoughts.
Ooh Aulani that should be a nice trip.
Nice mermaid. LOL
I have the cup also just WDW version. It is great.
Great family pics on the beach.
Nothing like walking through puddles to make you feel good.
That Mickey bar is creepy looking. LOL
That does not make walking through the puddles fun.
Glad to hear she got her pancakes.
Nice birthday gift.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #939
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Your beach photos are gorgeous.

Happy Birthday to K on the trip even without room service. How can it be closed?

Sounds like a semi stressful morning but I'm glad it all worked out.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #940
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Beautiful morning pictures! Happy belated birthday Kendall!! That's an awesome present! I would love that!
It was such a lovely walk.

Nothing better than a little spa time, is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Beautiful pictures on the beach!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hmm....room service was closed??? Glad everything worked out and Kendall still got her pancakes!
Me too, it was a little hairy there for a minute. I get closing breakfast (though it wasn't that late) but closed entirely????

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I am all caught up.
I am so sorry to hear of the all the people who need prayers and thoughts. I will keep them all in my thoughts.
Quote:
Ooh Aulani that should be a nice trip.
Thanks! We are very excited.

Quote:
Nice mermaid. LOL
Our own sand monster, I mean merman, he is pretty cute

Quote:
I have the cup also just WDW version. It is great.
I'm hoping Aulani has them, I'll get another!

Quote:
Great family pics on the beach.
Nothing like walking through puddles to make you feel good.
That Mickey bar is creepy looking. LOL
That does not make walking through the puddles fun.
Glad to hear she got her pancakes.
Nice birthday gift.
Very creepy Mickey bar! Walking through the puddles was fine, and fun, at the time. Later, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Your beach photos are gorgeous.
Feel free to use them to convince Michael to do a beach/cruise combo

Vero is just lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Happy Birthday to K on the trip even without room service. How can it be closed?

Sounds like a semi stressful morning but I'm glad it all worked out.
I don't know how it can be closed. Breakfast over I get, though I maintain it should be a 24 hour item for any room service but closed all the way closed?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #941
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Hey Cynthia!

I have a lot of catching up to do and I am going to start on that very soon. Love the intros! Now I will attempt to be current. Wish me luck!

I forgot to add... great stars on the first post! LOLOLOL

I'm glad I made it through the first couple posts. I am just reading and I'm feeling stressed out.

Glad you made it to Disney! Whew, I hope everything goes smooth from here... (knowing your trips probably ain't happening LOLOL)

Last edited by that's nice; 12-03-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #942
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Obviously your family gets inside my brain. I had a dream the other night that I was trying to help Kendall choose a college! Of course this was happening at a Disney looking place - perhaps Vero? I can't remember all the details, but she asked a lot of questions. I'm sure my answers weren't helpful since I know nothing about soccer schools and west coast schools...
Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #943
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Somehow I missed your previous update...anyway, all caught up. Bug bites are awful, especially at night!

The birds in your beach pictures, are those the ones that fly really close to the surface of the water? They are fun to watch!

Looking forward to reading your cruise days!

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/27/14 WDW**April 2-6 WDW
Old 12-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #944
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hey Cynthia!

I have a lot of catching up to do and I am going to start on that very soon. Love the intros! Now I will attempt to be current. Wish me luck!

I forgot to add... great stars on the first post! LOLOLOL
Hi Tim!!!

Luck! Well, hopefully chapter links help

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I'm glad I made it through the first couple posts. I am just reading and I'm feeling stressed out.

Glad you made it to Disney! Whew, I hope everything goes smooth from here... (knowing your trips probably ain't happening LOLOL)
Yeah, sorry about that, we can run a little bit frantic can't we? It's not all stressful, I promise! Nor is it all smooth.

Fortunately smooth does outweigh stressful in the big picture, big time on this trip.

Quote:
Obviously your family gets inside my brain. I had a dream the other night that I was trying to help Kendall choose a college! Of course this was happening at a Disney looking place - perhaps Vero? I can't remember all the details, but she asked a lot of questions. I'm sure my answers weren't helpful since I know nothing about soccer schools and west coast schools...
That is hysterical Sheree! Well she is looking at a fair amount of close to the beach ish schools, that have soccer...in Cali. But it is still very early days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Somehow I missed your previous update...anyway, all caught up. Bug bites are awful, especially at night!
That they are, they make the nights seem endless at times. No fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
The birds in your beach pictures, are those the ones that fly really close to the surface of the water? They are fun to watch!

Looking forward to reading your cruise days!
Yes, those are the birds, no idea what they are called but they are just mesmerizing!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #945
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Hi Tim!!!

Luck! Well, hopefully chapter links help
Yes chapter links do help. My last comment should of said 'Love all the STATS in the first post' NOT STARS...

Anyways... I got a little further...

Great location at OKW!!! Love the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnythia
There may or may not have been an incident the first night where a child started to walk into our bedroom at an inopportune time lets just say I was thankful that the window between the tub area and the bedroom (shutters that you can open) was closed and we were able to redirect said child (who never remembers his middle of the night adventures anyway) back into the right room and exit.

How long is the boat ride from DTD to OKW?

Love your paddle boat adventure!

WOW!!! Your bus limo from OKW to POR was awesome! What a great bus driver

I've been wanting to see YeeHaw Bob for a while but it never happens. Someday Someday.

Be back later to read more.

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: