Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #826
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Glad you're reporting again - I'm sure it's tough to have all that weighing on your mind...

Aulani!!! - sounds like a FABULOUS option to "use up points". I should have such a problem and option!!! We're hoping to get there in 2014, but airfare from here could be the killer. I will look forward to your report on that though! Didn't have any problem getting what you wanted at 7 months (or less?)?

Way to go Kendall!!!! I'm sure being recognized like that will really help her with college options!

Okay -back to Vero- what a great time at the beach! It looks so fun and I like that cup too! I see something like that in my future - maybe Hilton Head has one for me! Now - what was in it???
I really like your family picture - you are rocking that bikini girl!!! (I'm jealous!)
Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #827
MEK
DIS Veteran

Who knew Eric made such a pretty mermaid.

Congratulations to Kendall. Nick was invited to play in the Senior All Star Game on Monday night. Only senior from his school invited (I know I mentioned how bad the team was). Only one problem - game at 8pm and the entire upper school is going to Washington DC for the day and not due to be home until 7pm. Game is 45 minutes away. Not sure how this is all going to work and not sure if he will still get to play if he shows up last minute or after the game starts.

Aulani sounds like a wonderful way to use up some extra points. Happy Planning!

And please keep us posted on your nephew. It's been 20 years since I've done pediatric cardiac surgery and at that time all pediatric heart disease was usually congenital heart disease - structural defects, but I did do a little reading recently about disease at the cellular level in pediatric hearts that cause cardiomyopathy and is different from dilated /idiopathic cardiomyopathy.

Great pics from Vero. The beach looks way more crowded than when I visited in June. Looks like a perfect beach day.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #828
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We did have some exciting soccer news today that eased the pain of the ouster from the state championship earlier than we'd have liked. Kendall was named to our district/league's all star 1st team!
Great job Kendall!

Quote:
Aulani!

Quote:
The E's will NOT be happy
Tell 'em to get a job and buy their own DVC points.

Quote:
I joked about a half day rate and they said "well….those ones over there look like they've packed in for the day, why don’t you take them?"

For free.

Score!
Nice! I'm taking you with me next time I have to buy a car.

Quote:
I decided to go for a walk too! A solo walk, in the opposite direction. What a totally bizarre concept. It was LOVELY!
You wouldn't know what to do with yourself!

Quote:
Eric however, was starting to get tired. But was having trouble getting up
Well, at least he looks good.

Quote:
Me? I was breaking in my new drinkware. Nope, not a coffee cup
Keep it out of the dishwasher!

Quote:
So in love I took a lot of pictures.
Yup, that sure is some fine drinkware.

Quote:
A family shot. Have to prove I was there occasionally.
Nice shot!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #829
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey there,

Don't feel self indulgent for writing about your stuff... that's a lot of people to worry about...-I don't think that's a pity party...

Aulani... sounds awesome... What a great way to use up points and get to do an Aulani trip report... that's one on my bucket list too... (how far are the flights from Seattle? -time wise...? Seattle and Mt. Ranier are up there on my bucket list too in the next 5 years...-you'll have to tell me the best times of year to come...)

Congrats to Miss Kendall...that is quite impressive...

Lovely, lovely family beach shots...
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #830
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

When I read that you were planning a DVC trip for May I started to wonder whether you might end up at WDW at the same time as me.... But then it is Aulani!!! But I does indeed sound like you are going to have a fantastic break!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #831
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your posts, I am so sorry to hear about all those close to you especially your nephew, please let us know if you find out more

Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #832
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Let me start with: you are the bravest DISer ever posting a full bikini shot. And you look great.

Congrats to Kendall. ODP is super political here as are a lot of things Utah.

Aulani?
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #833
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Congrats to Kendall! That's a great accomplishment!
Thanks! We are pretty darn thrilled for her and it's lovely timing right before a big college showcase tournament.

Quote:
I want to go to Aulani soooo badly!!! I think that would be amazing!
Me too. I'm only giving it 50/50 at the moment in terms of chances of it actually coming to pass but I sure hope it does!

Quote:
I love your beach photos! Beached mermaid! Too funny!!

Great familiy picture!
Thanks, it was a spectacular day there! I think we seriously have a total of 2 pictures of all 5 of us, this being one. Sigh.

Quote:
Oh, and I just read your life update. I am so sorry for your troubles! Please know that you and your family and friends are in my prayers. You have an amazing support system here on the Dis, and I hope you continue to reach out when you need help!
Thanks Emma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Wow....Hawaii. You lucky girl (I've not been since our honeymoon). It sounds like a great trip.
If it happens. I'm giving it a 50/50 shot at the moment but I have hope and can be persuading. Which I may need to be. I think it is probably likely we will do it but it may have to push out further than May. We will see.

Quote:
LOVE your beach day. Awesome for the chairs. And I love your new beverage glass.
It is amazing how cold it keeps stuff, absolutely love that glass!

Quote:
The boys look like they were having loads of fun.
I think they did!

Quote:
Congrats to Kendall. I remember how excited I was when our youngest made first team, all conference in wrestling.
Yep, it's a big deal. What was just as fun honestly was looking at our local converence, which has a North and South and seeing so many names we know on both the 3A and 4A lists. Some from her HS team, some from her club team now, some from her club teams in years past. Really kind of cool!

Quote:

The family shot is great.
Thanks, I really debated about posting it but since there are literally only 2 family shots I figured I'd go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
First I am glad you feel better and I know I speak for many when I say we areall here for you. You are on a bit of a roller coaster, and have no idea what may happen next or have much control so I know that stinks.
Thanks Pat!

Quote:
Second- Great news about potential trips. I know you will work it all out and I might think Thursday over Tuesday for more availability if I had to choose.
We will see, Jeff is freaking out a little bit at the moment over college, and college prep expenses so I will not be surprised if we have to push it back. I hope not but we will do SOMETHING with those points before 11/30, that much I know for sure and vacation of some sort, and Aulani, is the most likely option.

Quote:
Third- A nice beach day and score on the loungers. Nice family picture and 5pm. Little more beach time then pool, then dinner. My guess is to use up leftovers in the villa but if that was done at lunch then another trip to Squidlips?
Ah yes, what about dinner? A very good question. It was a socre on the loungers and a lovely 2 hours of beach time. It is only one of 2 family shots we have from the entire trip. Sad huh.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #834
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Glad you're reporting again - I'm sure it's tough to have all that weighing on your mind...
Sometimes it's best not to think too much. Or work on finding distractions like TR's and trips that may never happen.

Quote:
Aulani!!! - sounds like a FABULOUS option to "use up points". I should have such a problem and option!!! We're hoping to get there in 2014, but airfare from here could be the killer. I will look forward to your report on that though! Didn't have any problem getting what you wanted at 7 months (or less?)?
It is a fabulous option. I just have to sell Jeff on it. He's a bit stressed at the college expenses at the moment..and Christmas...and a couples weekend in SF next month so my timing is off. I do think we will do it, overall chance of it is probably at least 75%. Chance for May is probably...50%. We will see though!

I was looking at studios which is why I think it wasn't an issue. It is less than 7 months, closer to 6 actually.

Quote:
Way to go Kendall!!!! I'm sure being recognized like that will really help her with college options!
It should and it's timing is nice as she's got college showcase tournaments in Nov, Jan and Feb! Although I don't think the Feb one is for sure.

Quote:
Okay -back to Vero- what a great time at the beach! It looks so fun and I like that cup too! I see something like that in my future - maybe Hilton Head has one for me! Now - what was in it???
I really like your family picture - you are rocking that bikini girl!!! (I'm jealous!)
I wouldn't be surprised if HH had one, they did get the new retro logos' too so it's definitely possible! I wish I'd have checked on the cruise for one, I heard they had them. Didn't see them at AKV but wasn't really looking then either. I did look at Boardwalk though and didn't see any. Thanks on the picture. I had major angst over whether to post it or not. We literally have only 2 family shots from the trip and well, I worked darn hard for 4 months to fit (back) into that specifically for the trip so...there you go. I know it isn't as modest as many might prefer a woman of my, ahem, age to wear and some won't approve of what Kendall is wearing but...it is what it is and we are from the West Coast after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Who knew Eric made such a pretty mermaid.
That kid has been buried alive more times than I can count. Fun to see Evan "decorate" but he got a little too realistic in spots.

Quote:
Congratulations to Kendall. Nick was invited to play in the Senior All Star Game on Monday night. Only senior from his school invited (I know I mentioned how bad the team was). Only one problem - game at 8pm and the entire upper school is going to Washington DC for the day and not due to be home until 7pm. Game is 45 minutes away. Not sure how this is all going to work and not sure if he will still get to play if he shows up last minute or after the game starts.
UGH. Those are the kind of kid logistics that give me grey hair.

Quote:
Aulani sounds like a wonderful way to use up some extra points. Happy Planning!
It is...now I have to sell Jeff. He was ok with booking the 4 nights but isn't there on the airfare end...despite some really good prices. So...we will see. I think it will happen but it could push out. The ODP thing is a big $$ ouch.

Quote:
And please keep us posted on your nephew. It's been 20 years since I've done pediatric cardiac surgery and at that time all pediatric heart disease was usually congenital heart disease - structural defects, but I did do a little reading recently about disease at the cellular level in pediatric hearts that cause cardiomyopathy and is different from dilated /idiopathic cardiomyopathy.
Yeah, a lot of the info on adults is not at all relevant, it's very different within each type/kind and in many ways it really seems like they still don't know very much at all.

Quote:
Great pics from Vero. The beach looks way more crowded than when I visited in June. Looks like a perfect beach day.
It was crowded but not unbearably so. You will see crowded when we get to Castaway Cay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Great job Kendall!
thanks! We are thrilled for her.

Quote:
Tell 'em to get a job and buy their own DVC points.
Oh they will be fine I think, they are getting a very specific request on the next trip if all goes as planned and that will make up for it. At least in the short term.

Quote:

Nice! I'm taking you with me next time I have to buy a car.
If only it worked as well there! Though I did get the guy to up the value of my last trade in....

Quote:

You wouldn't know what to do with yourself!
try me. I would!

Quote:
Keep it out of the dishwasher!
Yup, that sure is some fine drinkware.
It really is a cool cup. Literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey there,

Don't feel self indulgent for writing about your stuff... that's a lot of people to worry about...-I don't think that's a pity party...
It kind of is (a pity party). It's not about me.

Quote:
HeyAulani... sounds awesome... What a great way to use up points and get to do an Aulani trip report... that's one on my bucket list too... (how far are the flights from Seattle? -time wise...? Seattle and Mt. Ranier are up there on my bucket list too in the next 5 years...-you'll have to tell me the best times of year to come...)
It's about 5 1/2 hours to HI and 5 to MCO from here. Right in the middle, both taking forever to get to lol. HI is easier though, just lots more options and lots more non stops, usually 2 per day and to more than one island.

I hope it works out, I'm giving it 50/50 at the moment but I bet he'll come around. It may push out though. He was ok booking the 4 nights but isn't there on the airfare yet so...we will see.

Quote:
HeyCongrats to Miss Kendall...that is quite impressive...
We are very proud of her

Quote:
Lovely, lovely family beach shots...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
When I read that you were planning a DVC trip for May I started to wonder whether you might end up at WDW at the same time as me.... But then it is Aulani!!! But I does indeed sound like you are going to have a fantastic break!
I would LOVE to go to WDW in May. And really love to see you again! But not exactly the couples trip Jeff has in mind. It is not entirely out of the question that it could happen later but it's pretty unlikely given that there is a trip (we hope) in Dec/Jan of next year.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #835
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

nothing like a nice relaxing beach afternoon, and a cold adult drink to boot...

enjoyed the photo tour of the afternoon and the relaxing.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #836
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Yay for Kendall!

Ooo, I hope your Aulani plans work out. Very nice to have "a few extra points laying around" that you need to do something with!

What a great afternoon you had at the beach. It sure does look a lot different than the sand and surf that we got there just a few weeks before you. Disney must've had time to clear all of the seaweed away.

Dang, if I'd have thought about it, I could've left you some grafitti in the sand.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #837
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Just caught up on your posts, I am so sorry to hear about all those close to you especially your nephew, please let us know if you find out more
Thank you, I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Let me start with: you are the bravest DISer ever posting a full bikini shot. And you look great.
Hah! Don't know about that. I think you are braver, you've had them up on FB! Seriously though I really debated about posting it for a variety of reasons but we literally have only 2 family shots the whole trip and well, frankly I worked darn hard for 4 months to fit back into it.

Quote:
Congrats to Kendall. ODP is super political here as are a lot of things Utah.
She's made the pool twice before, once moving on to the regional camp. But it's been a number of years and she hasn't even tried out the last few (maybe 3?). I don't doubt that it isn't quite political, wouldn't surprise me a bit. Not that K or even her mom are playing hte politics. But her coaches? Yeah, maybe.

Quote:
Aulani?
Well we will see. I could get Jeff to commit to booking the 4 nights with the points that will expire. Nothing beyond that yet. Me, I'm ready to book airfare but he's reeling with college expenses at the moment. Hopefully he won't sit on it so long the nights we want to add are gone. Not so worried about the airfare as it is far enough out. But I don't want to borrow a point unless I get the green light on buying flights. I think it's likely to happen at some point...but it might slide to Sept. Realistically though, May would be such a better time for us for a ton of reasons. Probably kind of like Michael is being with your August DCL trip that you'd like to take, huh.

Worst case I think we will bank to RCI versus renting though. Lots of good Cabo options that have plenty of availability, we just aren't in a place to lock that one one like that. At least with Aulani I can move the ressie or cancel without penatly. Once I deposit into RCI..they are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
nothing like a nice relaxing beach afternoon, and a cold adult drink to boot...
What more does anyone really need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
enjoyed the photo tour of the afternoon and the relaxing.
Thanks, I wish I was there now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Yay for Kendall!
Yes, very exciting times for her

Quote:
Ooo, I hope your Aulani plans work out. Very nice to have "a few extra points laying around" that you need to do something with!
Me too. It is more of a wish than a true plan at the moment but I'm working on it! The extra point thing is kind of a fun story all on it's own, which I will share at some point. A bonus prize if you will.

Quote:
What a great afternoon you had at the beach. It sure does look a lot different than the sand and surf that we got there just a few weeks before you. Disney must've had time to clear all of the seaweed away.
I'd hope in the month or so between our trips that they would. LOL! It does look a lot different though that is for sure. Mother nature is fascinating. It was a spectacular afternoon.

Quote:
Dang, if I'd have thought about it, I could've left you some grafitti in the sand.
Wouldn't that have been cool? Oh man, we could have all coordinated something (though I don't know that anyone went after me)
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #838
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Caught up again! Looks like you are enjoying a fun resort day. Yay for Eric making it through the whole bike ride!! Alex has been riding his bike almost every weekend so I think we've made it over the hump. He'd learned last year in the fall but lost his confidence over the winter. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

I'm so sorry to hear about all of the people in your life facing health issues. I'm glad you feel comfortable to share here - don't feel guilty about it, that's what we are all here for! Well... and to read about your Disney trips.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #839
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Caught up again! Looks like you are enjoying a fun resort day. Yay for Eric making it through the whole bike ride!! Alex has been riding his bike almost every weekend so I think we've made it over the hump. He'd learned last year in the fall but lost his confidence over the winter. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

I hope it doesn't happen with Eric either. Part of his problem is that he needs a new bike! Which won't happen till spring I don't think. Looking for a decent used one in his size is not easy but I can't stand the idea of paying full price for something they will outgrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about all of the people in your life facing health issues. I'm glad you feel comfortable to share here - don't feel guilty about it, that's what we are all here for! Well... and to read about your Disney trips.
Thanks Amy
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #840
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Are you still considering a Disney Cruise ????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: