Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #811
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

very sorry to hear about this, i hope it helped you some by getting it out and off your chest...it is alot going on, will send prayers your way.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #812
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Oh, that all just stinks! It's a lot to have weighing on your family and you must know that you can always come to us DIS friends for support!
Lots of prayers being sent up for all of them.
I know it works - my friend with the brain tumor had a good surgery on Thursday and was released on Monday! Still a long road, but there are positives!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #813
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Joining in sending prayers and good thoughts.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #814
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Oh Cynthia, How hard for you to deal with all the news from all angles all at once.

I hope "lettin it spill" helped a little. We are all here for you sending good thoughts, love and prayers for everyone.

Cancer is horrible and pediatric heart issues are so scary. I hope the doctors can help everyone and also provide some great bedside comfort.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #815
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Sending lots of prayers and good vibes.

Chloe has been undergoing growth tx for the past 4 years. She's got Insulin-like Growth Factor Deficiency (IGF1- Deficiency) and takes 2 shots of Increlex a day. There's no cure either but the meds have helped her grow. Now that she's menstruating, she's got about 3/4 of a year left on the shots. She's 4'9" and 3/4 so we're hoping she hits 4'11'. www.magicfoundation.org
I bet she will be so excited to be done with it! I'm glad the meds have helped, I know another family dealing with that and it is difficult..and expensive! I am quite sure, based on what I do know, that is it the onset of puberty that has started the presentation of symptoms. I just hope that the meds can manage it and even better, improve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Keeping you and your family in thoughts and prayers.

Jill in CO
Thanks Jill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
very sorry to hear about this, i hope it helped you some by getting it out and off your chest...it is alot going on, will send prayers your way.

It does help. I feel bad though, I actually left my poor uncle who just lost half a leg to infection/diabtetes and another friend off the list. I really wish it wasn't so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Oh, that all just stinks! It's a lot to have weighing on your family and you must know that you can always come to us DIS friends for support!
Lots of prayers being sent up for all of them.
I know it works - my friend with the brain tumor had a good surgery on Thursday and was released on Monday! Still a long road, but there are positives!

It does work, we are seeing wonderful recovery after the brain surgery and my uncle who just had the amputation may actually have a chance at walking again, which would really change his entire life (and hopefully outlook!)

Thanks Sheree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Joining in sending prayers and good thoughts.
Thanks Christine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Oh Cynthia, How hard for you to deal with all the news from all angles all at once.
Yeah, I think it was the all angles that got me and then my nephew put me a bit over the edge.

Quote:
I hope "lettin it spill" helped a little. We are all here for you sending good thoughts, love and prayers for everyone.
it helped quite a bit

Quote:
Cancer is horrible and pediatric heart issues are so scary. I hope the doctors can help everyone and also provide some great bedside comfort.
I do too. I wish they didn't have to wait until next month to see the pediatric cardiologist. I am not sure why they are switching doctors as he's had a cardiologist his whole life but at some point, I'll get more info.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #816
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear this....sending thoughts and prayers your way.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #817
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, I am so sorry you have all of this going on. Saying prayers for you and your family. I hope someone finds a cure for your nephew's heart condition.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #818
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear this....sending thoughts and prayers your way.
thanks Angie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Cynthia, I am so sorry you have all of this going on. Saying prayers for you and your family. I hope someone finds a cure for your nephew's heart condition.
Thanks Jen, me too!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #819
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

The beached mermaid

Ok, I'm over my pity party. Yeah, that's not exactly what it was but it was a bit selfish and indulgent and I do thank you all for listening.

We did have some exciting soccer news today that eased the pain of the ouster from the state championship earlier than we'd have liked. Kendall was named to our district/league's all star 1st team! So that’s pretty cool to see in the paper. She made honorable mention last year so it's a pretty exciting upgrade. And, while I'm not quite ready to talk about the big WDW/Grand Gathering trip yet...we do have a tentative couples getaway planned for May. Basically we have a situation with some points that have to be used by a date, not really enough to do a family trip, and have to be used before the big trip. I've already done a solo trip and with our schedule in flux as it is, RCI seems too inflexible. Though I have to say, we saw some LOVELY Cabo options that would have worked and were avail...if we could book airfare now. Which we can't. Kendall made it into this years ODP (more soccer stuff blah blah blah) and that was an unbudgeted expense. But we do have to figure something out. Renting is of course an option but it seems wrong not to use them! As I don't want to risk what I need point wise for the big trip we only have so much to play with. Here is what we are thinking. It is not at all for sure and will be airfare and soccer tournament cost dependent but...... we've got 4 days booked and are hoping to make it 6. Where you ask?

Aulani!

The E's will NOT be happy but I plan (if we really do this) to promise them Aulani in 2015. Or sooner if for some reason the big trip falls through. And as far as the May trip goes, the nice thing is we do have the flexibility to push it out if we need to. And they are getting the big trip with their cousins, and just had a huge trip and...they can suck it up. LOL!

The plan is 5 nights on points, with one more as a one time cash purchase once we book flights. That cash purchase one is risky, nights could be gone but we can live with 5 if we have to as the one time points are non refundable.

So the question is, Memorial Day weekend. What would you do?

I have booked Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon already, Ocean View studio. I'd LOVE a 1 bedroom but just don't have the points and really...for 2 of us, the kitchenette will do. I need to add one night on points now, and ideally one later as cash. I have no feel for how fast these dates will book up in this category though I believe there will be a lot more inventory by then which may explain all the availability. Which one should I lock up on points and which hope to pay cash? It will be a bit, probably end of Dec, before we'd do that, maybe even later. Which do you think will go faster, the Thursday or the Tuesday? Should we try for Thurs-Tues or Fri-Weds? Point wise it doesn't matter, all nights are the same. Flight cost is equal on all days right now as well.

With that, back to our regularly schedule programming!

We had just finished a delicious lunch of Mickey Bars and whatever folks could forage out of the fridge, a nice hodge podge of things…and economical too! Somehow lunch took quite a awhile, I did a little bit of work and am guessing the Olympics came on, and we made some beach drinks, because my notes indicated we didn't make our next stop until almost 3!

Yikes. How the day had flown. In fact it had flown so much that when we stopped by the Green Cabin to inquire about rentals...they informed us there wasn't much time left, we could only have them until 5. I joked about a half day rate and they said "well….those ones over there look like they've packed in for the day, why don’t you take them?"

For free.

Score! And with that, and a very quick dump of our stuff we all RAN into the ocean. Aahhh…Boy that feels good!

After cooling off, I played with the panoramic app on my phone

Apparently the bike ride wore Kendall out

Or she and Phillip were discussing Phelps. Again.

That’s better!

Eric decided to try the board

It was very cool watching Eric. Before and after his time with the board he and Evan were racing out near one of the small buoys. I had never seen Eric swim that far and certainly not in the ocean. The lessons had actually paid off!

Evan, having learned his sunscreen lesson, had put on a swim shirt. Oh wait, I made him.

Apparently he’s running away from the GIANT wave

Made it!

I enjoyed the view

While Eric decided to try again

Or not

Apparently they both were more interested in the sand.

Evan's turn to be buried

Jeff and Kendall went for a walk

You can rent these

Eric wasn't making much progress

The beach cottages. I would LOVE to stay in one of these someday

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 11-26-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #820
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Continued from previous post
A view down the beach

I decided to go for a walk too! A solo walk, in the opposite direction. What a totally bizarre concept. It was LOVELY!

I got a kick out of the graffiti wall

And enjoyed viewing the resort

Looking back

Love notes in the sand

Some nice real estate

Little less crowded as I walk north huh?

As I headed back, I could see that Eric was still digging

And right about then Evan got hot, fed up and ran back to the ocean

His turn for the board

Not much wave to catch

Better than nothing I guess

Kendall & Jeff arrived back and the kids decided a repeat of the day before was in order. “Let’s bury Eric!”

Except this time, it took a bit of an art form

I never get tired of looking at this

Eric however, was starting to get tired. But was having trouble getting up

Whew! Time to get that sand off

And water play for all

Me? I was breaking in my new drinkware. Nope, not a coffee cup

A Tervis!

Ok that thing was AMAZING at keeping my beach drink cold! Loved it loved it loved it! Fabulous purchase. I'm too scared to put it in the dishwasher but they say you can.

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 11-14-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #821
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Continued from previous post

So in love I took a lot of pictures.

Might have been what was IN the Tervis. LOL!

Now it's time for less toss Eric! See a theme here???

I can never get the money shot. A kid actually in the air. Sigh.

They look miserable don’t they?

Jeff's turn for the board

Like a magnet it draws him. Back and back and back!

All I can think of in this picture is all the sand that must have been in his shorts!

At 4:45 we got a 15 minute warning, and at 5pm they kicked us out. Well not really, but out of the loungers. Which meant we needed one more thing since it was our last night at the beach.

A family shot. Have to prove I was there occasionally.

Eric looks a bit grumpy huh, let’s try again!

It's our last night in Vero. We've been dumped out of our beach loungers. 5pm. What should we do now?

Puddles and Pizza

Last edited by eandesmom; 11-24-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #822
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Congrats to Kendall! That's a great accomplishment!

I want to go to Aulani soooo badly!!! I think that would be amazing!

I love your beach photos! Beached mermaid! Too funny!!

Great familiy picture!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #823
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Oh, and I just read your life update. I am so sorry for your troubles! Please know that you and your family and friends are in my prayers. You have an amazing support system here on the Dis, and I hope you continue to reach out when you need help!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #824
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Wow....Hawaii. You lucky girl (I've not been since our honeymoon). It sounds like a great trip.

LOVE your beach day. Awesome for the chairs. And I love your new beverage glass.

The boys look like they were having loads of fun.

Congrats to Kendall. I remember how excited I was when our youngest made first team, all conference in wrestling.

The family shot is great.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #825
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

First I am glad you feel better and I know I speak for many when I say we areall here for you. You are on a bit of a roller coaster, and have no idea what may happen next or have much control so I know that stinks.

Second- Great news about potential trips. I know you will work it all out and I might think Thursday over Tuesday for more availability if I had to choose.

Third- A nice beach day and score on the loungers. Nice family picture and 5pm. Little more beach time then pool, then dinner. My guess is to use up leftovers in the villa but if that was done at lunch then another trip to Squidlips?
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: