Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #766
MEK
DIS Veteran

Denny and I ran on that path and all I remember was I was really HOT!!!!!!!!!!! Nice bike ride! Cute picture of the 4 of you.

The health club at HHI sounds like its about the same size as the one at Vero. Just enough room for 2 people.

Yeah - Mickey bars for lunch. I didn't know they actually sold them in grocery stores. Cool.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 11-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #767
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Dan beat me to the Coffee on the verandah comment.

A 7 mile path,,,, Great job on getting the troops out there and it looks and sounds like you guys had a blast.

Mickey bars for lunch That my kind of vacation.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #768
MeMom
DIS Veteran

The girls will enjoy the mini-golfing next summer. We'll have to hold off on the bike riding until they are a little older, but I'd love to walk around the preserve area.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #769
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #770
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

What a fun bike ride and Yay for Mickey bars!! A perfect treat on a hot day!!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #771
15isto2
DIS Veteran

With a 13yo I wondered where this was going with boys balls and bars LOL

Old 11-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #772
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Fun update!

The bike ride looked like a lot of fun. I'm glad it didn't turn into the same type of adventure as the paddleboats...

You don't even want to know what popped into my mind when I read "Hammock Preserve". Yes, I truly pictured a bunch of trees with netting strung in between.

What a terrific lunch! Mickey Bars and Leftovers are my favorite food groups!

BTW- I do know where you got your inspiration for the title of this chapter!

Last edited by natebenma; 11-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #773
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

You know the whole "you can't forget how to ride a bike - you just get back on and ride" thing?

Yeah.

I'm pretty sure I'd go riiiiiight over if I attempted even getting ON a bike right now. Which is too bad because this sounds like a lot of fun!

I can't wait for the cruise part of your trip! I've been mulling around the idea of doing a solo cruise

Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #774
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Bike ride looked fun !!! Mickey Bars for lunch What a MOM!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 11-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #775
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am anxiously awaiting your next update because I am hoping you are going to reveal some tentative plans for your future blow-out big family trip.

Oh - and thanks for giving me the name of that starbucks. I'll get it in the store and put it in my k-cup holder. I don't want to buy starbucks in the kcups because they are too expensive and I do like the San Francisco bay stuff for that. The price is right.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #776
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
That looked like a nice little bike ride!
it was just right! Loved it and very glad we did it, even if it did mean less beach time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
And Mickey Bars for lunch....no wonder your kids were thanking you for this vacation!
Seriously! And surprisingly enough it was my idea to have them before real food. I think they all figured I'd lost it in the heat and they should seize the moment. Which was smart of them. Love that you can buy them in the resort stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Surely they're compensating you for time spent working while on vacation, right?
Sort of, basically I didn't take full vacation days on the days I worked, logging in only 6 versus 8 hours or whatever for the 5 days I ended up putting in some work. I ended up taking at least one less full vacation day as a result and it might have been more, I don't actually remember. It actually worked out well as then over labor day weekend I was able to take a day to hang with the in laws when they visited and I wouldn't have otherwise. Though it didn't make it suck any less at the time!

Quote:
What is this, the 1970's? You guys weren't that far from civilization.
Seriously, can you believe it? We sure couldn't.

Quote:
Maybe they lost the balls in the ocean? I see a couple of holes-in-one there.
Oh there was a fight of some sort and if memory serves, possibly even allegations of cheating. They were NOT happy when I came upon them at the ping ping table.

Quote:
Nice job Eric!
For a kid who actively resisted learning for as long as he did, he surprised us with how well he did.

Quote:
Darn. If you're ever in the Tampa area, I can direct you to a manatee viewing area where they're almost always hanging out.

Or you can just go to the Seas pavilion in Epcot.
If we'd have been at Vero longer we'd have done a manatee outing but there just wasn't time.

Quote:
Mickey bars for lunch! Best mom ever!
I got some points on the board with that one for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
That bike ride looked like such a wonderful time!
It was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
A Mickey Bar is a great treat after that hot ride! I love hodge podge lunches!

And, I'm in love with Micheal Phelps too!
What's not to love about all of that? I actually loved my lunch that day, after my appetizer I made myself a quesadilla with the leftover tortillas and cheese. Hit the spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
What a fun ride! The trail looks really great and Mickey Bars for lunch! What a great idea to pick them up the day before!

Can't wait for more! opcorn:
I'd picked them up thinking we'd have them after the pool but we ran out of time and it was too close to dinner so it was kind of fun to surprise everyone with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
well i guess since you got in late the "morning coffee on the verandah" was in order

Isn't it always in order?

Quote:
anyway moving on, the bike ride sounds nice...and i love leftover lunch/dinner, nothing better...
Generally speaking I don't do leftovers but it worked out well in this case.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #777
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

What a fun day. I love mini golf. The bike ride sounds like fun. Too bad you did not see a manatee.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #778
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm late, but I'm HERE!

Between catching up on Glenn's report and yours, I am wanting a Vero trip ASAP! LOL What a wonderful, relaxing resort. And how AMAZING that you got to see both the laying eggs and hatching on your turtle walk!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #779
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Evan still had a crispy back and Eric burns if you look at him so extra time in the sun

I'm sorry Cynthia but you make them sound like Rotisserie Chickens...
That is hysterical!

Quote:
Nice bike ride and kudos to Eric...
He did really well for his first outing, I was very pleased and so was he! It was worthy of a Mickey Bar for lunch just for that!

Quote:
What was wrong with those people in the gym?... No Olympics watching? I obsessively watch the Olympics especially the swimming events...I love Michael Phelps... he's so goofily cute ( and am really glad that he medaled as much as he did... I was worried that Ryan Lochte might overshadow him...)
It was a little bit of a bummer having our trip during the Olympics as we usually watch them obsessively as well and as a result, 2 things occurred.

1. TV on, while on vacation. I don't like that and generally it's a no no. But it was the Olympics and for the most part was at least quality family tv time.
2. Missed a bunch of events that we'd have liked to watch.

I also found the local coverage availability and Vero in particular to be horrid and frustrating.

Quote:
(Funny David swims and he was watching the men's swimming and he noticed that the men swimmers were -well built well... and he asked me if he swam a lot if he could get a "six pack" and we had the whole talk about really needing to go through puberty... to be able to build that kind of muscle...-that's when he told me he thought he had a bit of a "juice box"...

He then went on to ask me if I thought the girls like six packs and he told me he thought they did... and that he would like one- a six pack- someday but he wanted a girl that liked him because he was nice and smart and then she could like him for his six pack... I'm sorry... he's 10...where does this stuff come from? He is hardly very slick right now with girls his own age... I guess he's planning for the future...
Oh he cracks me up! Eric is a girl magnet in his weird geeky way. Always has been and I can't quite figure it out. He is clueless about them (and that and not interested, maybe that's why. We used to joke that he had a harem.

Quote:
Mickey Bars = yum... why do they taste better than ice cream bars not shaped in Mickey heads?

Ugh to the slow wi fi connection...
I don't know but they do! I think it's the chocolate. It is really good chocolate!!!

The wifi was horrendous. Gods way of saying not to work on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Denny and I ran on that path and all I remember was I was really HOT!!!!!!!!!!! Nice bike ride! Cute picture of the 4 of you.
Yeah, it was mostly in the sun so pretty warm but it was a cute little ride.

Quote:
The health club at HHI sounds like its about the same size as the one at Vero. Just enough room for 2 people.
I think there were 6 people in there while I was there and honestly, that tapped it out.

Quote:
Yeah - Mickey bars for lunch. I didn't know they actually sold them in grocery stores. Cool.
Regular grocery stores, I don't think so, but they have them in all the resort stores in the freezer section.

Quote:
I knew someone would. But we did have coffee. On the verandah no less. So it would have been inaccurate not to say so.

Quote:
A 7 mile path,,,, Great job on getting the troops out there and it looks and sounds like you guys had a blast.
We really did, the kids loved it.

Quote:
Mickey bars for lunch That my kind of vacation.
I need to break the rules like that a little more often on vacation, it was pretty fun to shock the kids with my idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
The girls will enjoy the mini-golfing next summer. We'll have to hold off on the bike riding until they are a little older, but I'd love to walk around the preserve area.
The mini golf is so cute and Bella and Brooklynn should be just right for it. Cute kids play area back there too, I didn't take pictures of it though. I wouldn't mind checking out the preserve though it would be a bit of a walk to get there without the bikes. You could probably drive back there somehow though.

Quote:
Yeah yeah...

Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #780
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
What a fun bike ride and Yay for Mickey bars!! A perfect treat on a hot day!!
It really was! A very fun late morning and lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
With a 13yo I wondered where this was going with boys balls and bars LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Fun update!

The bike ride looked like a lot of fun. I'm glad it didn't turn into the same type of adventure as the paddleboats...
I had that fear, thank heavens it didn't!

Quote:
You don't even want to know what popped into my mind when I read "Hammock Preserve". Yes, I truly pictured a bunch of trees with netting strung in between.
It almost seemed wrong that there wasn't some!

Quote:
What a terrific lunch! Mickey Bars and Leftovers are my favorite food groups!
It was the perfect lunch and a great way to clean out the fridge.

Quote:
BTW- I do know where you got your inspiration for the title of this chapter!
I knew you would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
You know the whole "you can't forget how to ride a bike - you just get back on and ride" thing?

Yeah.

I'm pretty sure I'd go riiiiiight over if I attempted even getting ON a bike right now. Which is too bad because this sounds like a lot of fun!
NO you wouldn't. But I do know what you mean. I had that fear many years ago when Jeff and I were first dating, he wanted to go for a ride (and I mean a real ride....25 miles or so) and I hadn't ridden in oh...at least a decade...and my bike weighed a bazillion pounds, and we live in a VERY hilly area and and and.

UGH!

I survived. And bought a new, better bike! I miss it a ton, I can't really ride much due to eye issues but the little ride was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
I can't wait for the cruise part of your trip! I've been mulling around the idea of doing a solo cruise
I think a solo cruise could be lovely! We aren't that far away from the start of the cruise now. Probably 3 updates I'm guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Bike ride looked fun !!! Mickey Bars for lunch What a MOM!!!
Can't go wrong with Mickey Bars for lunch!

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: