Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #1801
MEK
DIS Veteran

Did I miss one or two updates? ???

OH well, one of these days I will get properly caught up. I love your safari pics and I am jealous that you have 2 lion pictures. I have - 0! Yes - a big fat zero! I may try to ride it early this summer to see if I have better success, but somehow I doubt it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #1802
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Great update Cynthia! I love the safari. The Africa bumper stickers make me laugh because Michael's been there 3x. No bumper stickers to be found like those.

I love the giraffes too. They're so elegant and beautiful.
I wouldn't expect that there are bumper stickers like that in Africa! They crack me up. Giraffes are mesmerizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Oh heck that made me . All I can say is I am glad I did not have a drink in my mouth.
Ah but drink spewing moments are such a good thing don't you think?

Quote:
Another one. That was hilarious.

Quote:
Great safari- Like you already confirmed your driver was able to stop a lot and you all got some great shots.
Very lucky, may well be the most animals we have ever seen on a safari.

Quote:
I heard about the zebras and did get to see them once but the report I saw said they were not acclimating and even biting each other. I guess they were not stressed and not happy - Hopefully there will be more at AKL.
I remember that, about the biting each other. I learned some interesting info about this, and then saw some in action later in the TR but you'll have to wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Did I miss one or two updates? ???

OH well, one of these days I will get properly caught up. I love your safari pics and I am jealous that you have 2 lion pictures. I have - 0! Yes - a big fat zero! I may try to ride it early this summer to see if I have better success, but somehow I doubt it.
Ummmm, maybe? Not sure where you left off but there were 2 AK morning updates. The good lion pictures are from 2009 and Evan took them! Mine from this trip are just the back of her head.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #1803
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

seems like the last year or so the giraffe numbers have really grown at AK, wonder if they brought more in or had that many babies over the years that have grown up.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #1804
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Lots of good safari pictures. I don't think I've ever seen the cheetahs laying out there in the open where you can actually see their colors like that. They're always some little dark blob hiding back there in the shadows.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #1805
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
seems like the last year or so the giraffe numbers have really grown at AK, wonder if they brought more in or had that many babies over the years that have grown up.
Good question but I agree, there was no shortage that's for sure, both at AK and AKL/AKV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Lots of good safari pictures. I don't think I've ever seen the cheetahs laying out there in the open where you can actually see their colors like that. They're always some little dark blob hiding back there in the shadows.
I know! That was pretty cool, we got to see a lot, and a lot more, than usual. Couldn't have been better.

Well unless the lion was out but can't be greedy can we?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #1806
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I got updates done to my PTR and TR, and I am now coming to all of my favorite people's TR's.

Love your photos on Dinosaur. I only get to ride that if I go alone because Mark worries bout his neck and feels he shouldn't ride it.

Great pictures of the lovely Devine.

I've eaten where you've gotten breakfast in AK before; you are right, not a lot of selection and the good stuff goes first thing in the morning. I do like their cappuccinos thought.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can NEVER have too many giraffe pictures. Mark enjoyed looking at the elephant pictures...his favorites.

I can never get a picture of either the male or female lion...so good for you.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #1807
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great safari pics.

We saw a zebra but it wasn't where it was supposed to be. The next time we went it was gone.

I am still glad they got rid of the baby fake elephant.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #1808
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I got updates done to my PTR and TR, and I am now coming to all of my favorite people's TR's.
Are you guys dry? I can't believe all the water stories today. Amazing how one can forget things like basements and sump pumps when you live in a land where such things don't exist.

Quote:
Love your photos on Dinosaur. I only get to ride that if I go alone because Mark worries bout his neck and feels he shouldn't ride it.
It's pretty darn jerky, I'd imagine that is a wise choice. SM bothers my neck more though I ride it anway.

Quote:
Great pictures of the lovely Devine.
She is stunning isn't she?

Quote:
I've eaten where you've gotten breakfast in AK before; you are right, not a lot of selection and the good stuff goes first thing in the morning. I do like their cappuccinos thought.
It hit the spot, wasn't the best iced drink ever but it worked.

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can NEVER have too many giraffe pictures. Mark enjoyed looking at the elephant pictures...his favorites.

I can never get a picture of either the male or female lion...so good for you.
Good...because well, there may be more giraffes still to come. Well this years lion (ess) hardly counts but that 2009 one was pretty amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great safari pics.

We saw a zebra but it wasn't where it was supposed to be. The next time we went it was gone.
Lost zebra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I am still glad they got rid of the baby fake elephant.
me too, it always felt so cheesy and forced...like they took it out of the jungle cruise and tried to plop it into real life...always kind of cheapened the end to me.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #1809
KatMark
DIS Veteran

This should answer your question about the water:

This is our park where the kids played baseball, soccer and football.

Luckily, we had minor water in our basement and it has now receded.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #1810
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Well I have to admit I'd be kind of grossed out by a random person offering me their resort mug to use, while at the park.
Haha Not me - I would take it. I probably wouldn't use it until it went through a proper wash, but I have this weird thing about the resort mugs. I love to collect them and I don't really like to use them at home. I just hoard them. Is that weird? Ok don't answer that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
IF the mugs haven't changed by next Dec you can be assured I'm packing the ones I have and yes...Owners Locker, we should discuss that sharing idea again after you get back from HH
I think the mugs have to change soon. Didn't we get them originally in May 2010? I just took four to HHI. I may have had a soda or two, but mostly I bought them for adult beverages. Everything tastes better in a Disney mug.

Yes - OL - it could work.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #1811
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

I'm glad you weren't hit too badly, it looks nightmarish. I can only imagine what my old Wheaton house was like, maybe even the Winfield one.

That field won't see a baseball game anytime soon, ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Haha Not me - I would take it. I probably wouldn't use it until it went through a proper wash, but I have this weird thing about the resort mugs. I love to collect them and I don't really like to use them at home. I just hoard them. Is that weird? Ok don't answer that.
It would be so hard though as I might assume lots of folks had them already but I guess you never know. You know me though, I''m averse to carrying anything I don't have to in the parks and that would include a mug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I think the mugs have to change soon. Didn't we get them originally in May 2010? I just took four to HHI. I may have had a soda or two, but mostly I bought them for adult beverages. Everything tastes better in a Disney mug.

Yes - OL - it could work.
Yep, we did get them in May of 2010 so you would think they are due to change. Not only does everything taste better in a Disney mug (even though I otherwise avoid plastic mugs like the plague) but they are pool friendly! Unlike the glassware in the room so MUCH better to put an adult beverage in!
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #1812
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you only had minor water in the basement.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 04-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #1813
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow Kathy that is a LOT of water
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 04-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #1814
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

It's so fun to read about your AK day. The pictures of all of the giraffes so close together are beautiful. When we were there in January, it seems like there were a lot more giraffes on the Safari than in the past. We also drove through the zebra area and (one of the times we went through) there were SO MANY zebras standing together. They were really close to the vehicle and it was really a wonderful experience.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #1815
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
It's so fun to read about your AK day. The pictures of all of the giraffes so close together are beautiful. When we were there in January, it seems like there were a lot more giraffes on the Safari than in the past. We also drove through the zebra area and (one of the times we went through) there were SO MANY zebras standing together. They were really close to the vehicle and it was really a wonderful experience.

Can't wait to read more!
Oh how cool that you got to see the zebras there and so many of them! I'm sad I never got to see it and that it didn't work out. How is the recovery going?

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: