Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1771
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

No you can't have too many giraffe photos... they are beautiful creatures...

The problem I think with the Disney Bagels is that they're more like a roll with a hole... a bagel is supposed to have a chewiness to it... the texture is different...

Really cute photos of the Es & K out in front of Dinosaur... very spontaneous and natural looking...

Glad you made it to the rope drop... Starts the day off with a bang... (so does all that coffee... takes one to know one & I noticed those full mugs were followed up at that bakery with more... that sounds like the coffee plan I'm on too...
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #1772
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Let's go on a Safari, con't.

Sorry for the gap! Let’s finish this safari!

Continued from previous

Enough Giraffes, what about the mighty elephant?

Oops, can't go there!

And...more. He isn't moving much is he? Or she.

Bye bye elephants, time to move on, big and majestic as you are you were a little boring today.

Ilove these guys

Continued in next post (really!)

Last edited by eandesmom; 04-15-2013 at 12:25 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #1773
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Let's finish a Safari!

Continued from previous

Somebody's sleeping!

Someone else is in the middle of the road

At least this guy isnt being picked on by the birds

Love those horns!

Are you ready for your close up?

I mean REALLY close up?

The classic back of the head& No King, only the Queen and shes too busy to say hello.

The mighty...Ostrich!

No more little red&...and apparently I hear now, no more zebra's either. Failed assimilation. They didn't play nice.

Bummer

It was a great Safari, one of our better ones in terms of overall animal viewing.

Up next, a never done is done!

Last edited by eandesmom; 04-22-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #1774
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Safari pix Cynthia !!!
Thanks Rosie! Finally got the rest of them up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Love the safari pics! Never too many giraffes - and there were a lot of them!
Thanks Sheree, there were a ton of giraffes out, no shortage that's for sure. Finally got the rest of the safari up lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Safari is the best! Never the same "ride" twice, which is probably why we take so many pictures every time we do it (after saying we won't take any)!
I really go through phases on the pictures on the Safari, definitely took more than my share, as did the rest of the crew! It is never the same ride twice, that's the beauty of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
I think Dinosaur is so well-themed; your picture from the ride is great! If I could have convinced the family to ride it last time, our ride picture would've shown my 17-year-old DD with her face buried in my shoulder

I don't know what is its about that ride in particular but it cracks us up! Okay, Kendall and I. It scared the daylights out of Eric for a while and it isn't he or Evan's favorite still. They were not thrilled with it being the first ride of the day but I think that this time, once on, they actually enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I agree...you can never have too many giraffe pictures or enough safari pictures for that matter. It's one of my favorites at the Animal Kingdom.
Me too! Finally got the rest of them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
No you can't have too many giraffe photos... they are beautiful creatures...
Just stunning

Quote:
The problem I think with the Disney Bagels is that they're more like a roll with a hole... a bagel is supposed to have a chewiness to it... the texture is different...
Agreed, they are all kinds of wrong. Though honestly the E's might have been ok with it, they eat the icky ones from the grocery store, Seattle is a hard place to get a good bagel, Panera is about it and I'm the only one who seems to care, the rest will eat the Thomas or Sara Lee (which is likely what AK had) or whatever.

Quote:
Really cute photos of the Es & K out in front of Dinosaur... very spontaneous and natural looking...
Between that and the Chester and Hester and dump shop pics you can tell everyone was in a fabulous mood and having a good time. It was a great morning.

Quote:
Glad you made it to the rope drop... Starts the day off with a bang... (so does all that coffee... takes one to know one & I noticed those full mugs were followed up at that bakery with more... that sounds like the coffee plan I'm on too...
Yep, cup in the room, cup on the road, cup at the park. 3 cups. Pretty much our daily norm.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #1775
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Are you ready for your close up?

I mean REALLY close up?

Ha! This reminded me of my giraffe increasing-close-up shots!

(Wow, now that I'm quoting your post I can see that your photobucket links are huge...is that due to the new PB or your filing scheme? )

Quote:
No more little red…...and apparently I hear now, no more zebra's either. Failed assimilation. They didn't play nice.

Bummer
Yeah, I was disappointed that it didn't work out, I was looking forward to that new area.

Quote:
Up next, a never done is done!
Ooo, can't wait.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #1776
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Ha! This reminded me of my giraffe increasing-close-up shots!

(Wow, now that I'm quoting your post I can see that your photobucket links are huge...is that due to the new PB or your filing scheme? )
They are RIDICULOUS! I was convinced they were wrong, it's like they've double coded them and there is a shorter way to do it (which is how they were doing it before) but that would have been way more work for me. Part of it is filing scheme but certainly not all ir even most of it. I'm hoping they shorten up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Yeah, I was disappointed that it didn't work out, I was looking forward to that new area.
Me too, interesting that with all the buzz about it happening...the removal was very on the down low.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #1777
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

RE: the photobucket links - they ARE huge! I thought they were wrong and deleted and re-did it twice! Oh well, I guess that's the new deal for now.
I hate change.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #1778
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Wow you got lots of great Safari photos! It looks like it was a beautiful day too

Everyone seems to be having problems with the new photobucket And I hate how the free accounts have such limited storage now.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 04-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #1779
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
RE: the photobucket links - they ARE huge! I thought they were wrong and deleted and re-did it twice! Oh well, I guess that's the new deal for now.
I hate change.
I went back and looked at previous links to see and they definitely changed the code and made it much more complicated than it used to be. It used to be the image code would be something like this [ IMG ] URL.jpg [ / IMG] And now it does the full URL path, then the IMG like before, and closes the URL

So it's listing the full file path twice. Arguably one could go in and code it like the above shorter version and it works (Deleting the part before [ img ] at the front and after [ / img ] at the end), I tried it. BUT then you are manually adjusting every link you copy over. UGH and no thanks. I decided after doing like you did, starting over to test, that the bulk export outweighed some of the major annoyance of the super long file path.

Last edited by eandesmom; 04-15-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #1780
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

All that tech talk is making me URL!!!!~Great elephant and Rhino shots !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 04-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #1781
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #1782
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

I finally caught up, but on my phone so i couldn't see all the photos. Odd.

First, pepperplate - its a recipe storage and sharing site. I keep the app on my phone and nook, and upload recipes oncomputer. I now always have my favorite recipes with me. (That was a question back in March!)

Your disembarking day..ugh! But what a great way to surprise the kids! I noticed what a great menu they had in Mara in February.

Your standard view. Wow! Amazing! I liked the verandah comparison. I wonder if Jambo house verandahs are smaller because they started as regular resort rooms and then were converted?

Poor Jeff all that running, rain, and no beer. Hope the drink at the Wave made up for it! The fireworks looked great.

Cant wait to hear how Kendell enjoys her tour. The AK day looks good so far.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #1783
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Wow you got lots of great Safari photos! It looks like it was a beautiful day too

Everyone seems to be having problems with the new photobucket And I hate how the free accounts have such limited storage now.
It was a beautiful day and a great morning!

I will say PB has gotten better in the last week and over time, it has improved, they just launched that beta way before it was ready and they know it. They put a cap on the pro accounts too which no one is happy about.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:29 AM   #1784
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I am always in for a good safari! Thanks for all the pictures.
Mingos happen to be dear to my heart, as well, because my sweet Bella adores them.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #1785
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Looks like you really got some spectacular animal viewing on the safari. Although you found the elephants boring, it seems like you might have been there longer than normal. We always seem to zoom right by them and I'm lucky if I can snap more than 3 pictures before they are out of view.

That is really sad about the zebras. They were almost done building the enclosure when we were there in June.

The close-up rhino pictures are AWESOME!!!

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: