Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #1711
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I have eaten at the Wave twice and the food was good both times !!I am pretty sure I had the steak both times !! I know I had different trios for desset but have no idea what the y were !! Very cool birthday surprise for K !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 04-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #1712
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I got that tour for Jennifer when she turned 16. She enjoyed it. I may have been more excited that she was at times but she is kind of "low energy"
Hmmm maybe that's Kendall's style. "low energy" I think though for her it's more of an innate shyness, she's just not demonstrative in general, happy or sad.

Quote:
Chris got the Segway tour. He liked that one too.
Eric would like that one.

Quote:
I did have a great dinner at the Wave. Would not say it surprised me but it sort of did. Great service and I did like the trios of desserts. Made me not feel so guilty, I got three to try so I did not have to decide too much, except to figure out which three I wanted.
It always seems like I am interested in 1-2 out of the 3 but not all 3. I'd only heard good things about The Wave but wasn't sure what the family would think. They definitely liked it although for the kids I do think the (lack of) ambiance played a factor and as a result not on a top list for them to go back to, only as there are other places they like better. Out of the restaurants from this trip that were new (all of them lol) Olivia's won hands down. Go figure.

Quote:
Still have to make it to the top of the World. {sigh} Someday but Poly beach seems to usually win out.
I'd never have guessed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I love the view of Wishes from TOTWL!! I agree- very calm and relaxing. Our kids were allowed into the lounge while we waited. We just got soda and water but we were able to sit in one of the little side "rooms". Very cool!!
I can't believe you haven't seen Wishes from MK!! Crazy! You must rectify that (although it's yucky for the crowds!).
Oh I have, just not recently with the kids. I have many times over the years and we did in 2004 with the E's (but they don't remember). In 2009 we had horrid timing with dinners and changing fireworks times and missed almost all of them as a result. 2010 we saw it from the GF, again, timing. 2012...didn't go into MK so TOWL was our only option other than the Poly Beach. I think we wrecked them a little with the Illuminations cruise and that's why they love it so much. Spoiled rotten monsters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
The Wave food looked good! Very cool birthday gift for Kendall, I'd love to hear about that tour. Hope they still have it in oh, about 4 years when Sarah hits 16. She's ALL about animals!!
I think you all had a pretty great day - busy exhausting and mostly fun!
They've had the tour for several years I think so I bet they still will in 4 more. It was a pretty great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
That does sound like a long time to get off the ship and the shuttle.
Mara is so good. Love that place.
Yeah for the Savannah view.
Glad they swam.
Never could be tired of seeing giraffes.
The Wave is a good restaurant. Only had 1 bad thing there and it wasn’t really bad just described wrong.
December I am going to have to remember to go to TOTWL. I always forget.
All caught up again.
It was too long to get off the ship and do the shuttle. Big drag. Check the blackout dates in Dec, there are some but it's not awful. We are there 12/29 to 1/7 and we will be able to do it at the end of the trip with everyone and definitely plan to.

Never too many Giraffes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I have eaten at the Wave twice and the food was good both times !!I am pretty sure I had the steak both times !! I know I had different trios for desset but have no idea what the y were !! Very cool birthday surprise for K !!!
The steak was fabulous. Kendall was pretty excited about her gift, it was cute.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #1713
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Hmmm maybe that's Kendall's style. "low energy" I think though for her it's more of an innate shyness, she's just not demonstrative in general, happy or sad.
I cannot remember who or how she got that term "low energy" but for her at times it fits. With Jennifer, she can be very detached and well flat, emotion wise. She has and kind of still does need lots of sleep.
Since she has becone a night shift person she is a bit better. Her birthday trip with me to Disney had lots of down time.... She would get tired easily and getting up for the tour ( 8am ) and 3 hours about wore her out.

Quote:
Eric would like that one.
I made Chris do the free demo ( when they had it ) before I booked it. The boy never really learned how to ride a bike so I feared this might be met with some unwillingness to "ride" and have to learn a skill.
He did great and we were lucky - the CM running the tours ( LaMonte) was also at the free demo so a bond was formed early. He really helped Chris out to chill out and enjoy and not stress over having to lern how to ride the Segway.

Quote:
It always seems like I am interested in 1-2 out of the 3 but not all 3. I'd only heard good things about The Wave but wasn't sure what the family would think. They definitely liked it although for the kids I do think the (lack of) ambiance played a factor and as a result not on a top list for them to go back to, only as there are other places they like better. Out of the restaurants from this trip that were new (all of them lol) Olivia's won hands down. Go figure.
Only got in an Olivia's breakfast but I need to make time to do it right. It was post half-marathon and well other than it being food I don't remember too much.

Quote:
I'd never have guessed that

What can I say - I am predictable....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 04-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #1714
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great update! The Wave is on my shot list of ones I want to try sometime. Love the pics from the Top of the World, I love Wishes, your pics weren't too bad, I kind of like those squiggly fireworks pics, they look cool.

Do they pipe in the music for Wishes up there?

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #1715
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I cannot remember who or how she got that term "low energy" but for her at times it fits. With Jennifer, she can be very detached and well flat, emotion wise. She has and kind of still does need lots of sleep.
Ambivalent is the emotion that K seems to channel. With the sleep she can go go go but when she crashes, it's HARD.

Quote:
I made Chris do the free demo ( when they had it ) before I booked it. The boy never really learned how to ride a bike so I feared this might be met with some unwillingness to "ride" and have to learn a skill.
He did great and we were lucky - the CM running the tours ( LaMonte) was also at the free demo so a bond was formed early. He really helped Chris out to chill out and enjoy and not stress over having to lern how to ride the Segway.
Free Demo is a great idea, I believe all the Segway tours are cancelled. I would love to do a 16th trip with each but I'm not sure that's going to work out. We will see.

Quote:
Only got in an Olivia's breakfast but I need to make time to do it right. It was post half-marathon and well other than it being food I don't remember too much.
Dinner was outstanding, I would like to try it for breakfast as well at some point.

Quote:
What can I say - I am predictable....
And there is nothing wrong with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great update! The Wave is on my shot list of ones I want to try sometime. Love the pics from the Top of the World, I love Wishes, your pics weren't too bad, I kind of like those squiggly fireworks pics, they look cool.

Do they pipe in the music for Wishes up there?
They do pipe in the music, I loved that. They also piped it in over at the GF and it really does add a lot. I liked the squiggly ones as well, I did skip posting the truly blurry as all get out ones but the squiggly made me smile.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #1716
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Looks like another wonderful meal! Your description of Kona is exactly how I felt about it. I could see myself trying The Wave with just adults for the yummy food.

What an awesome gift for Kendall. Can't wait to hear how she enjoyed it.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 04-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #1717
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Looks like another wonderful meal! Your description of Kona is exactly how I felt about it. I could see myself trying The Wave with just adults for the yummy food.

What an awesome gift for Kendall. Can't wait to hear how she enjoyed it.
I keep debating about whether to have Kona on our maybe list for exactly that reason but it is darn good food!

I am glad we went to the wave, it was the perfect trip for it.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #1718
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Haven't had much time to comment this week--trying to catch up!

Looks like it was a very nice evening. Love the fireworks pictures--what a view!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #1719
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Haven't had much time to comment this week--trying to catch up!

Looks like it was a very nice evening. Love the fireworks pictures--what a view!
I know that feeling! It was a very nice evening, just relaxed and enjoyable and the view was pretty nice too!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #1720
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great night! The Wave is awesome, I really enjoyed it there. It is hard to photograph though! Great shots of the fireworks - I'd love to stay at CR and see them from my balcony! The doors at AKL really are heavy, aren't they?

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 04-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #1721
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Sounds like you had a great night! The Wave is awesome, I really enjoyed it there. It is hard to photograph though! Great shots of the fireworks - I'd love to stay at CR and see them from my balcony! The doors at AKL really are heavy, aren't they?
I imagine with a tripod and a better camera and distance lens, it might be possible to get some good shots. Skills far superior to mine needed for sure.

They were heavy. And LOUD.

It was a great night though and the bed was nice and comfy so even loud doors didn't matter all that much.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #1722
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

AKL is by far my favorite resort that I've stayed at. On my first "Mom/Daughter" trip with my DM we got a Savannah view room. Looooved waking up to the animals and just chilling on the verandah watching the animals.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #1723
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
AKL is by far my favorite resort that I've stayed at. On my first "Mom/Daughter" trip with my DM we got a Savannah view room. Looooved waking up to the animals and just chilling on the verandah watching the animals.
It really is magical, isn't it!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #1724
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Great gift for Kendall...

The Wave is a bit of a puzzle to me...

I do like the lounge...

We ate there once before a Pirates cruise that left from the Contemporary Docks...

I thought the food was really solid... very good... & the concepts of the menu were strong... (although I think with some tweaks it could be great) but the atmosphere is a little eh... it doesn't have a strong sense of place or identity...I think they were starting something in the lounge that they didn't quite carry through...

Nice place to watch the fireworks...
Old 04-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #1725
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

My friend has wine glasses like those, minus The Wave logo.

Food look delicious. The Wave wasn't on my radar....until now. I love that Jeff stole, err I mean ate all that cheesecake. Must have been a heck of a workout later that week.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: