Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Wink Disruba Engagement Trip! Update 6/17: THE VIDEO!

Welcome to my December Engagement Trip Report!

This Trip was unlike any other Disney trip I have ever taken, it was PERFECT and I still cannot comprehend most of what went on!

First, let me introduce myself! I'm Mindy and I LOVE Disney!

I'm 22 and I recently graduated College. I'm a labor and delivery nurse, which is the best job in the world! I credit my yearly Disney trips for getting me through nursing school sane! This was my ninth time to the World and it couldn't have been better! This trip was a graduation present to me from me and I wanted to recreate my childhood Disney memories by staying at the Beach Club, seeing the Osborne Lights, and going to MVMCP ! It would have been too much to go to Disney in December while I was in school so BAMM first December out of college I knew where I was going!

Next, let me introduce my FIANCEE Brett!

So weird to say fiancee! I feel so french! He's 23 and works for Apple, he graduated College last year. He isn't as much of a Disney fanatic as me, but he loves seeing me happy and goes along with everything so he's a keeper !

Our trip dates were December 6th-December 13th. You're all probably wondering what "Disruba" means, right? Well since Disney is my favorite place ever and Aruba is Brett's favorite place ever, we planned a two trip vacation! Some of our plans got changed, but you will hear more about that later! There are many surprises to come and I cannot wait to share my story with all of you! I know how much I enjoy reading trip reports on the Dis so I wanted to share some of the love .

Table of Contents

Day 1: Thursday, December 6th
Chapter One: Good Morning & HELLO BEACH CLUB

Chapter Two: Epcot and Les Chefs!
Chapter Three: MGM Fun and the Osborne Lights!
Chapter Four: Le Cellier, Epcot Fun, and Illuminations!

Day 2: Friday, December 7, 2012
Chapter Five: Hollywood & Breakfast
Chapter Six: Finally MK!

Chapter Seven: THE PROPOSAL!
Chapter Eight: More Photos, Sharing the News, and MVMCP!
Day 3: Saturday, December 9, 2012
Chapter Nine: Epcot with the Whole Gang!
Chapter Ten: Osborne Lights Part Dos & Spirit of Aloha!
Chapter Eleven: Aruba!

Our Video!

Last edited by princessmelinda; 06-17-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
coconutsunshine
DIS Veteran

Sounds fun, I'm in congratulations!!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Good Morning and HELLO BEACH CLUB!

Chapter One: Good Morning and HELLO BEACH CLUB!
Thursday, December 6th, 2012

The only times in life I enjoy waking up early is for vacation and Christmas....that is it, luckily it was DECEMBER 6th Christmastime AND Disneytime!!
The day I had been waiting for for over a year!

Brett woke up with the song "single ladies" stuck in his head...Coincidence? I think not? When has he ever sung that song? NEVER, anywho we were excited to get going!!

FINALLY!

We were up and at em' at 3:30, out the door by 4 and got to Logan around 4:30. Security was a breeze and we were to our gate by 5. I was SOOO excited I couldn't eat and I obviously wanted to save room for Disney food !

Me displaying my excitement, Brett excited for Starbucks

*Notice my upside down bow earring...oops*

Our flight was perfect and we landed around 9:30 or so! We boarded the fake monorail and I skipped my way/Brett walked to Magical Express!!

It was time to board our motorcoach! Funny story: My cat's name is Abbey and we have a lot of nicknames for her including ab, abbor, bore, boris...it's strange how many nicknames we have for her, but anyway our ME driver's name was Horace BOREland and I thought it was hilarious !

Love the ME voice guy!

The first resort we stopped at was Art of Animation! I was so excited I got to see how it looked! I Definitely want to stay there in the future it looks great! Then we stopped at Coronado Springs, then finally the Beach Club!

THE SMELL OF THE LOBBY IS UNBELIEVABLE! It smells like Christmas!!

I had done online check in for the first time and I'm glad I did! A woman (I forget her name) greeted us right when we got off the bus she was great! Then we got our room keys but had to check our bags because it was only 10:30 AM or so.

We got situated and were off to Epcot!!

How perfect is the Beach Club? It makes me want to cry how perfect it is especially with the Christmas decor!

What a perfect day it was! And for the FL opening/TT opening the crowds were not too too bad!

Up Next: Epcot and Lunch!

Last edited by princessmelinda; 01-11-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutsunshine View Post
Sounds fun, I'm in congratulations!!
thanks so much!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm in! It's great to find another young couple on here! Congrats on your engagement! Enjoy the wedding planning...it flies by fast!

By the way, LOVE you hair!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
JOCELYNM
Mouseketeer

WOW..sounds familiar!!!

Can't wait to read the rest of your post!!! Sounds WONDERFUL!!!! And a bit familiar!! We went on a 2 week Dis/Honeymoon!! 1 week to the World, and the second week to Aruba!!! WOW!!!
Your first post already brought tears to my eyes! You're a very cute couple!!! Thanks for sharing your Disney Engagement story with us!!! It's my most favorite place in the world...only wish my DH felt the same! That's ok, my Mom & Sister & I go every other year for girls' trips!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
JOCELYNM
Mouseketeer

Oh yeah....

You're close by...always cool to find another DID fan who is close to home!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm in! It's great to find another young couple on here! Congrats on your engagement! Enjoy the wedding planning...it flies by fast!

By the way, LOVE you hair!
Thanks so much! I haven't even started to plan and I'm so overwhelmed! And thanks so much again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOCELYNM View Post
Can't wait to read the rest of your post!!! Sounds WONDERFUL!!!! And a bit familiar!! We went on a 2 week Dis/Honeymoon!! 1 week to the World, and the second week to Aruba!!! WOW!!!
Your first post already brought tears to my eyes! You're a very cute couple!!! Thanks for sharing your Disney Engagement story with us!!! It's my most favorite place in the world...only wish my DH felt the same! That's ok, my Mom & Sister & I go every other year for girls' trips!!!
AHH Disney and Aruba are the best places in the world! I consider Disney a trip while Aruba a vacation and you definitely need a vacation after Disney! I'm thinking we are going to do a 2 week honeymoon in Disney then Aruba again or somewhere tropical! I wish my fiancee felt the same about Disney too, we just can't spend too much time in MK due to the lack of alcohol lol! I'm thinking my family is going to have to start a Mom and Sister trip just like yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOCELYNM View Post
You're close by...always cool to find another DID fan who is close to home!!!
Yay Massachusetts!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
JOCELYNM
Mouseketeer

New Fantasyland has adult beverages now!!

I hear that the new Fantasyland serves beer now! This is the first time ever We usually hop on the monorail over to the Poly and have a Mai Tai for a mid-day break!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Epcot and Les Chefs!

Chapter Two: Epcot and Les Chefs
Thursday, December 6, 2012

We walked through the international gateway and made a B-line toward test track.

Beautiful Epcot!

We knew that it was the grand opening day and we didn't want to wait TOO long but it was still early so we used our My Disney Experience apps to see how long the wait was: 70 minutes. Why not! Our first REAL Disney line, HOW EXCITING! It was now about 10:20 or so and we had a Les Chefs ADR at 12, perfect LET'S WAIT!

Five minutes into waiting I received this on my phone:

Figures the room only took 10 minutes! No worries though!

The new queue was great and we got to look at some pretty cool things that kept us entertained!

Our favorite part was designing the car! We didn't really care/pay attention to performance and at the end of the ride we came in second to last haha oh well! We had a cool car! We saw the wait time hiked up to 90 minutes but we ended up waiting about two hours by the end of it, it was 12:20 when we were leaving Test Track and I was freaking out!

We got to Les Chefs and they took us right away. We were in the back room near the fountain. I had never eaten in that area before and it was nice! I got some white wine (I forget exactly which one!) and Brett got Beer (forget which one oops!). I have eaten at Les Chefs my last three Disney trips and none of those times I got to see Remy and finally I got to see him! Brett and I LOVE ratatouille and cooking so I was really excited! He's adorable!

The bread is phenomenal and we were starving so we ate one whole bread then asked for another one and took it with us . Hard breakfast bread is my favorite! I got the Gratin de Macaroni and Brett got the Croque monsieur et salade verte, we both loved it and were so full!

While we were making our way back from the international gateway, we saw a Bride and Groom getting their pictures done on the bridge going to the Boardwalk *foreshadowinggggg?*. It's so weird we always see proposals or wedding things everywhere we go! We witnessed one proposal when we went to see Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, then we saw one last year in front of the castle!

We went back to the Beach Club to pick up our bags and bring them to our room! We were on the second floor and I was so excited to have at least a half balcony because I brought Christmas lights! Unfortunately we didn't have a balcony at all BUT the room was amazing nonetheless! I'm the worst trip report maker ever, I did not get one picture of our room ! I was so excited to be in Disney I just soaked it up and forgot to take pictures...oops again!

Some Beach Club pictures!

Our room was right near this main stairway, it was perfect!

After some pictures we headed to Hollywood Studios!

Up Next: MGM Fun and the Osborne Lights!

Last edited by princessmelinda; 01-20-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I totally in and can't wait to read more about the proposal....
Beach Club looks fantastic!

I got engaged at Magic Kingdom in December 2005!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 01-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #13
JessM
We all have a dream

You sound just like me and my DBF! I LOVE Disney, grew up going every year, and discovered December as my sweet spot with all the Christmas decorations! My favorite resort is also the beach club so I'm a little jealous reading this. My DBF LOVES Aruba and has gone there every year since he was a kid. I won out this year and we went to DW a few weeks ago but I think we will have to go to Aruba next year : ) Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #14
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Yay for an update!

Of course the room would be ready already!

DH is so excited to see TT all revamped!

I really want to eat there sometime! We never have!

How nice to be right by the stairs!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I totally in and can't wait to read more about the proposal....
Beach Club looks fantastic!

I got engaged at Magic Kingdom in December 2005!
The Beach Club is phenomenal! I just wish it was slightly more affordable! AWW! What was your engagement like!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
You sound just like me and my DBF! I LOVE Disney, grew up going every year, and discovered December as my sweet spot with all the Christmas decorations! My favorite resort is also the beach club so I'm a little jealous reading this. My DBF LOVES Aruba and has gone there every year since he was a kid. I won out this year and we went to DW a few weeks ago but I think we will have to go to Aruba next year : ) Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Thanks so much! There's nothing like Disney at Christmas! And that's so funny your DBF likes Aruba! Thats great you guys go to go to the world recently though, hope your trip was magical! I think we are going to do an every other year type thing to make everyone happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Yay for an update!

Of course the room would be ready already!

DH is so excited to see TT all revamped!

I really want to eat there sometime! We never have!

How nice to be right by the stairs!
Your DH is going to love it! It's a happy medium too because its still pretty much the old one but just revamped and futuristic! And it makes the long wait time more interesting!

Tags
beach club, december, engagement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: