Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #121
anc876
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
The WDW and DLR ticketing systems do not talk directly to each other. People at one location in Guest Relations can look at the other system's tickets, but this is only done to confirm validity of tickets if there is a crossover situation.

The Armed Forces Salute limitations are separate for the two locations. And you cannot purchase tickets for one coast from the other.
Thanks for the info. What do you mean about not being able to buy tickets for one coast from the other? According to my local AFB's ITT website (I am in AZ), I can purchase Florida tickets but they are special order and may take up to 14 business days to receive.
anc876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #122
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anc876 View Post
Thanks for the info. What do you mean about not being able to buy tickets for one coast from the other? According to my local AFB's ITT website (I am in AZ), I can purchase Florida tickets but they are special order and may take up to 14 business days to receive.
It means you can't buy your Disneyland tickets while visiting Disney World.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #123
anc876
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid

It means you can't buy your Disneyland tickets while visiting Disney World.
Oh I see, thanks.

Called ITT today and was told that the military ticket promotion for DLR and WDW is indeed separate, so a service member can purchase 6 tickets for DLR and another 6 tickets for WDW.
anc876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #124
kramerzoo
Mouseketeer

I have a question for everyone...I have checked with ITT at a military base nearest our house and was told that they wouldn't get any tickets for the new promotion until probably October 1st. She told me that they haven't even ordered the new tickets. However, I know I read somewhere that tickets would be available after August 17th.
I am just concerned because we leave October 11th and there is no guarantee they would be in by the 11th.
Has anyone bought tickets at their base or post recently for the new promotion year??
Any thoughts or ideas?? We aren't staying at Shades and have ADR at AK first thing on Friday the 12th.
Guess I am just being really antsy and paranoid...haha
Thanks for the help!
kramerzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #125
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you cannot get them at a military base (or SoG) you can buy them at any Park Ticket or Guest Relations Window (not at a Resort), but it will cost about $10 extra per ticket as Sales Tax must be charged.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #126
kramerzoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
If you cannot get them at a military base (or SoG) you can buy them at any Park Ticket or Guest Relations Window (not at a Resort), but it will cost about $10 extra per ticket as Sales Tax must be charged.
You mean the ticket windows at the park entrance....or do we have to go to TTC. We are staying at AKL.
kramerzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #127
becky11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerzoo View Post
You mean the ticket windows at the park entrance....or do we have to go to TTC. We are staying at AKL.
Any park ticket window (TTC for the Magic Kingdom), or Guest Relations at DTD. I don't believe you can buy them at the resorts.

Retired USAF 11/1/12 after 21 years!

Apparently, I'm a runner. Who knew?
------------------------------------
Race for the Taste 10K (WDW) 11 Oct 09 -- Tower of Terror 13K (WDW) 24 Oct 09 -- Inaugural Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 2 Oct 10 -- 2nd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 1 Oct 11 -- Inaugural Tinker Bell Half Marathon (DL) 29 Jan 12 -- Royal Family 5K (WDW) 25 Feb 12 -- 4th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 26 Feb 12 - CtC! -- 5th Annual Expedition Everest Challenge (WDW) 5 May 12 - DH's first race! -- US Air Force Marathon (Dayton, OH) 15 Sep 12 - first full marathon! -- Inaugural Tower of Terror 10-miler (WDW) 29 Sep 12 -- 3rd Annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon (WDW) 10 Nov 12 -- 5th Annual Princess Half Marathon (WDW) 24 Feb 13
becky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #128
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

I have an upgrade question. DH and I are going in Feb. We are using the salute 4 day passes and are staying for 5 nights. We are also FL Residents. This will be the only trip for 2013.

We check in on Sunday and out on Friday. Can we arrive and go to MK for EMH on Sunday night using our salute passes and then upgrade on Monday to the weekday select?

I am only trying to add one more park day to our trip and this looks like it is the least expensive option for us. Is it possible to do?

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Pyrate_Pryncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #129
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
I have an upgrade question. DH and I are going in Feb. We are using the salute 4 day passes and are staying for 5 nights. We are also FL Residents. This will be the only trip for 2013.

We check in on Sunday and out on Friday. Can we arrive and go to MK for EMH on Sunday night using our salute passes and then upgrade on Monday to the weekday select?

I am only trying to add one more park day to our trip and this looks like it is the least expensive option for us. Is it possible to do?
No, you can't add a day to them, but I believe you can exchange them towards the purchase of a more expensive ticket.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #130
Pyrate_Pryncess

I know we can't just add Sunday! Thats why I was asking, if we timed it right, if we could upgrade it to the more expensive Weekday Select annual pass!

The question is, can we upgrade them AFTER we have already used a day or 2 off of them or do we need to upgrade them before we use them!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #131
P'colaBeachBum
Go 'Noles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerzoo View Post
I have a question for everyone...I have checked with ITT at a military base nearest our house and was told that they wouldn't get any tickets for the new promotion until probably October 1st. She told me that they haven't even ordered the new tickets. However, I know I read somewhere that tickets would be available after August 17th.
I am just concerned because we leave October 11th and there is no guarantee they would be in by the 11th.
Has anyone bought tickets at their base or post recently for the new promotion year??
Any thoughts or ideas?? We aren't staying at Shades and have ADR at AK first thing on Friday the 12th.
Guess I am just being really antsy and paranoid...haha
Thanks for the help!

EDIT: SOG have the Armed Forces Salute 20012/13 tickets now.

I too read that they were available Aug. 17.

I just got back from Patrick AFB ticket office and they don't have the new ones either. I was told they should have them first week of Oct. I was hoping to get them now because we will be at WDW tomorrow (using up the last one) and want them for our Oct.3/4 trip. Waiting to hear from SOG to see if they have them.

Last edited by P'colaBeachBum; 09-04-2012 at 01:58 PM.
P'colaBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #132
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

As I stated in Post #1 of this thread, the only way Salute tickets can have days added is to upgrade to any level of AP the person is eligible for. For Weekday Select or Seasonal proof of Florida Residency is required. And there is no price-bridging to MYW equyal; you only get the gate value (plus tax) toward the cost of the AP.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #133
Pyrate_Pryncess

Thanks! Thats what I needed to know!

Old 09-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #134
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The key is a service member may activate no more than six tickets during the entire promotion. If six are activated, one must be for the service member. Once the tickets are activated the service member does not have to be present for use.

The name, date of birth, address and telephone number of each person must be entered in the Automated Ticketing System at the time of activation.

Some of the pointws are not yet clear. For example, the Press Release says all must be activated at the same time, and it con only be done once during the promotion. The internal information implies that activation can only be done once. There are still other points which require clarification.
I have been hearing conflicting reports. Do all 6 people need to be there at ticket activation or just my husband who is the service member??
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #135
MadAlice1025
Mouseketeer

What I don't understand is why do the ITT not have the tickets if WDW page states they are available for sale 17 August? That makes no sense. Our ITT doesn't have them, or know when they will get them. It is making me very nervous to get them before our October trip. To make them work they way they are supposed to, they need to have them available by 17 September since it takes 2 weeks for them to arrive and the new tickets start 1 October.
Oct 2012: Saratoga Springs Resort (first DVC stay!)
Sep 2013: Grand Californian and Aulani
Apr 2014: Disney Cruise on the Dream (first cruise!)
May 2014: Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

MadAlice1025 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: