Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #46
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

As long as you activate all the tickets at the same time. But I am waiting for some clarifications from Ticketing Operations as there are differences between the internal information and the Press Release.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #47
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
As long as you activate all the tickets at the same time. But I am waiting for some clarifications from Ticketing Operations as there are differences between the internal information and the Press Release.
I'm glad I have a few weeks before I have to buy my tickets so all of this can shake out and everyone is working off the same page on the rules and regs. Thanks for all your hard work keeping us updated on everything! I truly appreciate it.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #48
DisFor20
Earning My Ears

I know you're the tickets guy, Chesire, but do you have any information on room discounts? It seems like this time the member can only sponsor one room instead of 3. Is that right?

DisFor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #49
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
My son-in-law works as a civilian contractor on an AFB and can get these passes with his military ID. We are going to WDW this fall on a family vacation. He and my daughter have APs that have not been activated yet. My husband and I also have APs. Another of my daughters is coming with 4 of her children and her husband is coming later in the week. All 6 of them will need tickets.

My question is can my son-in-law buy the 6 tickets and activate them for the members of the family who will need them? He will be there with them but won't need one for himself. If he needs to use 1 himself can he then give the ticket he uses to his brother-in-law that is coming later?

Where do you activate the tickets? Are they activated when you buy them? He would purchase them on the base not at SOG. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not trying to break any rules or cheat the system just looking for some answers. Thanks in advance.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #50
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
My son-in-law works as a civilian contractor on an AFB and can get these passes with his military ID. We are going to WDW this fall on a family vacation. He and my daughter have APs that have not been activated yet. My husband and I also have APs. Another of my daughters is coming with 4 of her children and her husband is coming later in the week. All 6 of them will need tickets.

My question is can my son-in-law buy the 6 tickets and activate them for the members of the family who will need them? He will be there with them but won't need one for himself. If he needs to use 1 himself can he then give the ticket he uses to his brother-in-law that is coming later?

Where do you activate the tickets? Are they activated when you buy them? He would purchase them on the base not at SOG. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not trying to break any rules or cheat the system just looking for some answers. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure that he's eligible for THESE tickets. Other disney tickets, perhaps, but these are usually not available to civilians.

From the first post: Eligibility: Active and Retired U.S. Military, including National Guard, Reservists, and Coast Guard. It also includes Permanently Disabled Veterans with a Government ID showing DAVPRM.
CR: July/Aug 2003
SOG: Dec 2006, July 2009 (split CSR), June 2011, Aug 2012
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #51
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
I'm not sure that he's eligible for THESE tickets. Other disney tickets, perhaps, but these are usually not available to civilians.

From the first post: Eligibility: Active and Retired U.S. Military, including National Guard, Reservists, and Coast Guard. It also includes Permanently Disabled Veterans with a Government ID showing DAVPRM.
Thanks for the reply.

He did find that he is eligible for the ones that are currently offered but those are going to expire Sept 29 or 30. Some of us are arriving 28 and 29. I got got a little ahead of myself with excitement when I saw this new offer. Are these tickets different some how? It seems like the same as the current ones only a little more expensive.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #52
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

He did find that he is eligible for the ones that are currently offered but those are going to expire Sept 29 or 30. Some of us are arriving 28 and 29. I got got a little ahead of myself with excitement when I saw this new offer. Are these tickets different some how? It seems like the same as the current ones only a little more expensive.
The only way that he is eligible for either the current offer or the one that begins on 10/1 is if he is active or retired military. He is possibly eligible for the MYW tickets that are offered at ITT and those will save money because they can be purchased tax free. The tickets under the current promotion have to be used by 9/30 and unused days will expire on that date
Old 08-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #53
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
The only way that he is eligible for either the current offer or the one that begins on 10/1 is if he is active or retired military. He is possibly eligible for the MYW tickets that are offered at ITT and those will save money because they can be purchased tax free. The tickets under the current promotion have to be used by 9/30 and unused days will expire on that date
Thanks.

They went to WDW in May. He tried to get the current tickets on the base and they told him that he could purchase them but he should have come in earlier as they have to order them. Does this sound right?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #54
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub

Thanks.

They went to WDW in May. He tried to get the current tickets on the base and they told him that he could purchase them but he should have come in earlier as they have to order them. Does this sound right?
He can't use the tickets under this promotion. He can possibly get the regular MYW tickets without paying tax on them and yes, some MWR offices don't keep them in stock and do have to order them. Our office keeps a limited number of some of the tickets and would have to order them.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #55
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
He can't use the tickets under this promotion. He can possibly get the regular MYW tickets without paying tax on them and yes, some MWR offices don't keep them in stock and do have to order them. Our office keeps a limited number of some of the tickets and would have to order them.
Thank you for the reply.

Are the regular MYW tickets reduced at all or just tax free? Are they the same as you would get from WDW?
Old 08-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #56
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Thank you for the reply.

Are the regular MYW tickets reduced at all or just tax free? Are they the same as you would get from WDW?
It depends on the base. We have one AFB and one Navy base here and I've gotten reduced prices at both. Prices vary depending on when they order the tickets. I got an excellent deal on our last annual passes because they had older stock on the kids' passes and I saved over $30 per ticket.

My husband is both an Army Reservist and works for the Navy as a civilian. He has 2 different IDs and they are not the same - the Navy ID says "Civilian" on it while his Army ID says "Uniformed Services." The civilian ID can't be used to activate the Military Salute tickets. If your son-in-law is just a civilian, he's not eligible to use the tickets. Go with the MYW tickets.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #57
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Thank you.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #58
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The following are specifically not allowed:
CIA
Department of Defense Civilian
FBI
Homeland Security
International Military
Non-Appropriated Fund employees
Veterans (except for DAVPRM)
Affiliates (such as contractors)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #59
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Even if the base ticket office sells them to him and tells him he's eligible(which he isnt, unless he meets the criteria set forth in previous posts) he won't be able to activate them at
CR: July/Aug 2003
SOG: Dec 2006, July 2009 (split CSR), June 2011, Aug 2012
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #60
AUDramaQueen
DIS Veteran

I have the same question as DizBub, but my dad is retired AF so he is eligible.

He and my mom have AP's so can they buy the tickets for family members as long as they are there with those family members to activate them?
AUDramaQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: