Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #31
Betsy82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Google military ID DAVPRM.

DoD issues the cards. If your friend shows up with a 100% letter from the VA and DD 214, they'll find their instructions on how to enter the information to get the designator on the ID card. It's a standard procedure, and RAPIDS is all about standard procedures.
Thanks! I found the form online (edited in my earlier post after I found it!) and sent it to him. He called and said his letter says 100% permanent, but hasn't gotten ID yet because there is no reason to where we live.

Closest RAPIDS is 75 minutes (maybe) so easily doable.

I appreciate your help. I was pretty confused, it's all a little overwhelming for me but I've been trying to help him plan a trip and we were waiting to see if they did military discounts again and if he'd be eligible. Happy to see he is! Thanks again.
Betsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #32
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
No, the tickets are only for 4 days and none can be added. But, if she gets the Water Park Fun & More option, the ticket will also have 4 entries to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Quest and mini-golf. It's definitely possible to stretch those 4-day tickets with the WPF&M option out over 7 days of fun.
This is correct but let me just elaborate a bit as it is a little confusing to people who aren't used to how the disney tickets work:

They are 4 day tickets but they don't mean that they're good for 4 calendar days. They're good for 4 days of park entry. If you get the base ticket with hopper then you have 4 days of park entry, hopping from one park to another on the same day. No more. The ticket expires at the end of the promotional period, so in this case somewhere around Sept 2013.

If you get the Water Park and More option with the base ticket (or hopper and water parks, for an added cost) you also get 4 entries into the minor parks: water parks, disney quest etc. Those 4 entries do not have to be used on the same days as park entries, so like Claire is saying, you can stretch those out to actually having 8 days of things to do.

However, if you use a park day in the morning and a WP at night you've used 1 park day and 1 wp&m entitlement. If you use Blizzard beach in the morning and typhoon lagoon at night you've used 2 wp&m entitlements.

Hope that makes sense. It's like having two different sets of tickets rolled into one.
CR: July/Aug 2003
CSR: July 2009 (split SOG)
SOG: Dec 2006, July 2009, June 2011, Aug 2012
ASMo: May 2014
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #33
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much - I knew I'd get an answer here!
I'll let my sister know.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #34
TPBChick
Mouseketeer

Guard and Reserves

I assume that active members of the Guard and Reserves means that they are actively drilling. I ask this because wasn't there a promotion one time where a member of the Guard had to show that he/she had been activated during the year. Did I just dream that?
TPBChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #35
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPBChick View Post
I assume that active members of the Guard and Reserves means that they are actively drilling. I ask this because wasn't there a promotion one time where a member of the Guard had to show that he/she had been activated during the year. Did I just dream that?
My husband is in the reserves, but does it full time. They have never asked for any orders as the military ID's do show whether you are active, reserve or National Guard. He just shows his id and we are done.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #36
GettingFuzzy
MIL was all up in my underwear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB2K View Post
To determine eligbility on service-disabled veterans, all 100% disabled veterans (drawing benefits from the U.S. Veterans Administration) hold a tan-colored ID photo ID card issued by the U.S Government (DD Form 1173).

Examples are listed here.
Except of course, when they are 100% perm and total for the VA and chap 61'ed by the military and have a blue ID card.

Oh the Government, it's funsies.
GettingFuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #37
TPBChick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
My husband is in the reserves, but does it full time. They have never asked for any orders as the military ID's do show whether you are active, reserve or National Guard. He just shows his id and we are done.
Thanks, I already told my family (7 of us) that I would treat them to Disney World next summer. My one son is in the Army National Guard. It sure will help if we can get six tickets at this military rate.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #38
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
I do believe that one of the very early promotions did require this (or perhaps it was how members of the guard got to stay at SOG back in the day). But you're not dreaming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Active Duty Guard soldier would have a different color ID than M-Day.
but, in any case, m-day guard is still eligible for the promotion.
Disney is using the term "active" to mean "current".
CR: July/Aug 2003
CSR: July 2009 (split SOG)
SOG: Dec 2006, July 2009, June 2011, Aug 2012
ASMo: May 2014
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #39
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPBChick
It means anyone serving in the Reserves or National Guard as long as you have an ID card. My DH (Reserves) drills once a month and we qualify, all we have to do is show the card, no orders needed.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #40
TPBChick
Mouseketeer

Thanks buffettgirl and PrincessSuzanne! That's good news.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #41
Betsy82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It was approximately 3 years ago.

My husband was in IRR at the time and we were eligible because he'd been reactivated (for a 1 day muster) and had orders. That was 9/08 and I believe the promotion came to light after that but the orders had to be within the last year so it worked out for us.

Last edited by Betsy82; 08-10-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Betsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #42
swimchick1984
Mouseketeer

I have a question, If I buy two four day tickets can they both be added to my room key as eight ticket days? Or do I have to do it individually?
swimchick1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #43
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimchick1984 View Post
I have a question, If I buy two four day tickets can they both be added to my room key as eight ticket days? Or do I have to do it individually?
I didn't think these could be added to your room key, but if they can, I believe it will still be (2) 4 day hoppers.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #44
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

1. The Military Salute tickets cannot be added to a room key.

2. If a MYW ticket is added to a room key (which the military tickets are not) only one ticket can be on the room key.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #45
swimchick1984
Mouseketeer

Thanks Cheshire, can I still do two four day tickets and use them as eight day tickets. Or is that not allowed?
swimchick1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: