Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #16
grahamfam3
Mouseketeer

Was there any mention as to what military discounts there might be for hotel rates if not staying at Shades of Green?

Ok to go and answer my own question after a bit of searching:

From the Disney Armed Forces Salute Press Release, 8 August 2012:
Active and retired U.S. military personnel can also take advantage of specially priced rooms at select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort hotels! This offer is valid for stays most nights from Oct. 1, 2012 through Sept. 28, 2013 except for:
• Nov. 22 – Nov. 24, 2012
• Dec. 23 – Dec. 31, 2012
• Mar. 25 – Apr. 4, 2013
---------------------------------------------------------------
From Disneyparks.disney.go.com:
The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in the room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges apply at the Walt Disney World Resort if there are more than two adults per room. Other restrictions apply.
Also, active and retired U.S. military personnel can also save up to 40 percent on rooms at select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort hotels. The offer is valid for stays most nights now through Sept. 28, 2013 and certain blockout dates apply. For full details, click “here” (here leads to disneymilitarysales.com which doesn’t give room rate discount details).

So I would "assume" that means the previous 20/30/40% discount (or whatever it has been) depending on the catagory of hotel (Value, Moderate, Deluxe)?

Last edited by grahamfam3; 08-09-2012 at 07:47 AM.
grahamfam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

this is pretty much what the original promotion looked liked as well. In 2009 there was a set limit on tickets, all had to be activated at once and if you didn't use all 6 you were out of luck. Fast forward to the extension and the rules changed quite a bit to what they are during the current promotion ending in september 2012.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
katiemely
Proud Seabee Wife

Like a PP said not to look a gift horse in the mouth but we take multiple trips a year and there are only two of us. I don't like having to buy all six at once.

Family Trips 1988, 1994/High School Choir Candlelight Processional 2001/Honeymoon - July 2010 SOG/May 2011 POFQ/Family Christmas December 2011 SSR/Trip with the Austins - April 2012/Hubby's Bday Trip - September 2012 WL/Girls Trip!! OKW Jan 2013Valentine's Day getaway - Feb 2013 BWV/ Christmas Family Trip - Dec 2013
katiemely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #19
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

As long as we can change the person using the tickets if necessary I have no problem with it--we will definitely use them all, just not sure yet for who! We might be taking our other 2 grandchildren in the spring and if that happens, my sister will be out of luck, as long as we can change the names on the tickets to their names. I would think we'd be able to do that just by taking the tickets to Guest Services but would like to be sure. Cheshire????????
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #20
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Eligibility: Active and Retired U.S. Military, including National Guard, Reservists, and Coast Guard. It also includes Permanently Disabled Veterans with a Government ID showing DAVPRM.
To determine eligbility on service-disabled veterans, all 100% disabled veterans (drawing benefits from the U.S. Veterans Administration) hold a tan-colored ID photo ID card issued by the U.S Government (DD Form 1173).

Examples are listed here.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #21
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemely View Post
Like a PP said not to look a gift horse in the mouth but we take multiple trips a year and there are only two of us. I don't like having to buy all six at once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
As long as we can change the person using the tickets if necessary I have no problem with it--we will definitely use them all, just not sure yet for who! We might be taking our other 2 grandchildren in the spring and if that happens, my sister will be out of luck, as long as we can change the names on the tickets to their names. I would think we'd be able to do that just by taking the tickets to Guest Services but would like to be sure. Cheshire????????
I'd like to know about this as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if name changes weren't possible though.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

How much are the seasonal passes and do they expire in Sept or do they expire one year from purchase?
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #23
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
How much are the seasonal passes and do they expire in Sept or do they expire one year from purchase?
What do you mean seasonal passes? They expire at the end of the promotional period however they're only good for 4 park day entries and/or 4 WP&M entries.

the new military promotional tickets will be this ( from the first post in this thread)

There will be three types of tickets available at WDW.
Four Day Park Hopper - $156 (plus tax)
Four Day Base with Water Parks Fun and More - $156 (plus tax)
Four Day Hopper with WPF&M - $184 (plus tax)
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
Betsy82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB2K View Post
To determine eligbility on service-disabled veterans, all 100% disabled veterans (drawing benefits from the U.S. Veterans Administration) hold a tan-colored ID photo ID card issued by the U.S Government (DD Form 1173).

Examples are listed here.
I can't read the tiny cards on my screen, but thank you. I'm assuming this is the card he will get when he finally gets to a RAPIDS location?

He said they told him his card would say retired. So if that's the case, he wouldn't have any issue getting the tickets.

I think he just needs to finally go get his ID.
Betsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
Betsy82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
DAVPRM (Disabled Veteran Permanent) is a particular status which does not correlate with the disability percentage.

During the present offer those with a military issued ID card (like a retired military ID not a Va card) which grants access to bases and has DAVPRM in the rank block were eligible for the offer.

Unfortunately the percentage of disability does not matter in this instance.

100% disabled are eligible for a program at Shades of Green though.
I just found this! http://www.cac.mil/docs/1172-2-Instructions.pdf which helps me, but it says DAVPRM is for 100%. I'm fairly certain his issues are permanent but I'll send him this and make sure. Thank you all!

Ok. So is DAVPRM a status listed on a card issued by the VA? Or a card listed by RAPIDS? Because the RAPIDS location closest to our house (where he called) had no idea who was eligible to get a card that stated that.

The VA system confuses me greatly so I appreciate your help. He's asked me to help figure this out for him but I'm pretty clueless about military offers and wording and whatnot.

I couldn't even find anything when I googled DAVPRM to help figure out who those cards are meant for.

Last edited by Betsy82; 08-09-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Betsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #26
parrotheadlois
DIS Veteran

My sister is planning a 2013 trip with her grand-daughters. Her husband is in the Air Force. She's not a "Dis-er" so I thought I'd ask this for her. The 2013 military discount rates just came out to buy tickets. There is a 4-day hopper rate. They will be there 7 days and I guess would want 7-day tickets. Would they be able to add days at a discounted rate?? thanks.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
...[t]here are only two of us. I don't like having to buy all six at once.
Then just buy two. And use them. And be thankful for the huge discount you got on the two tickets you used.

Or buy four. And be twice as thankful

Or buy six (and say to yourself as you buy them "I don't like doing this, but it will save us so much down the road that I think I can cope with my dislike"), and be three times as thankful.

Sea World solves this "problem" by tying the annual free entry to a specific ID card. One entry per ID per year.

In comparison, I think the WDW method is much more generous, especially when combined with the Resort Hotel discounts.

Thanks, CF, for posting and clarifying, and thanks to the WDW and Disney executives who thought this gesture was worth continuing for another year.

Last edited by larryz; 08-09-2012 at 01:12 PM.
larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #28
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy82 View Post
I couldn't even find anything when I googled DAVPRM to help figure out who those cards are meant for.
Google military ID DAVPRM.

DoD issues the cards. If your friend shows up with a 100% letter from the VA and DD 214, they'll find their instructions on how to enter the information to get the designator on the ID card. It's a standard procedure, and RAPIDS is all about standard procedures.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #29
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
I don't either, and I was planning 3 trips next year, but I don't want to be out the money if we don't get to go.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #30
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrotheadlois View Post
My sister is planning a 2013 trip with her grand-daughters. Her husband is in the Air Force. She's not a "Dis-er" so I thought I'd ask this for her. The 2013 military discount rates just came out to buy tickets. There is a 4-day hopper rate. They will be there 7 days and I guess would want 7-day tickets. Would they be able to add days at a discounted rate?? thanks.
No, the tickets are only for 4 days and none can be added. But, if she gets the Water Park Fun & More option, the ticket will also have 4 entries to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Quest and mini-golf. It's definitely possible to stretch those 4-day tickets with the WPF&M option out over 7 days of fun.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: