Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #256
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

You can purchase MYW tickets at a discount of 5%-10%. If purchased as SoG or a base MWR/ITT office there is no sales tax. You can see the Gate price in Post 18-A of the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets. Click on the link in my signature to get there directly.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #257
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegN529 View Post
My husband, kids and I have always purchased the military 4-day hopper passes which we plan to do again in April. However, my husband has been suggesting we add a few extra days in the park so we can take our time a bit more. What options do I have for tickets? Do I purchase a standard ticket at full price or are there any other military tickets available at a lower rate? I would appreciate any input you all may have!
If you live near one or more bases, check with the ITT/MWR office(s). We have 2 local bases and their prices are usually different depending on when each office ordered that particular ticket. You can also get tickets at Shades of Green, which is on Disney property across from the Polynesian Resort. Their price list is on their website.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #258
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegN529 View Post
My husband, kids and I have always purchased the military 4-day hopper passes which we plan to do again in April. However, my husband has been suggesting we add a few extra days in the park so we can take our time a bit more. What options do I have for tickets? Do I purchase a standard ticket at full price or are there any other military tickets available at a lower rate? I would appreciate any input you all may have!
Shades of Green and Your local base ITT ticket office sell a variety of Disney tickets. These are around 4-8% off the regular rate (the 4-day Armed Forces Salute tickets are 50% off). just price out what you are interested in and compare to the AFS. You can use the AFS tickets back-to-back if that works out based on the number of people in your party.

Here is a link to Shades of Green Prices: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Ti...et-Prices.html

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #259
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
Shades of Green and Your local base ITT ticket office sell a variety of Disney tickets. These are around 4-8% off the regular rate (the 4-day Armed Forces Salute tickets are 50% off). just price out what you are interested in and compare to the AFS. You can use the AFS tickets back-to-back if that works out based on the number of people in your party.
Here is a link to Shades of Green Prices: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Ti...et-Prices.html
I thought you couldn't do that this time - isn't there a 7-day period where you can't activate another ticket for the same person? Or is that one of the original stipulations that went by the wayside?

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #260
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
I thought you couldn't do that this time - isn't there a 7-day period where you can't activate another ticket for the same person? Or is that one of the original stipulations that went by the wayside?
Disney originally said that but very soon after decided it wasn't a good idea. I was able to impress upon them that they were discouraging longer guest stays in the hope of a later return trip, in essence loosing money.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #261
pachelbel9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
At WDW your whole party needs to be together to activate the tickets, not necessarily for the 1st day of use as you can activate them ahead of time. You may all then use the tickets separately.
Our family is coming from 3 different states. My brother, who is in the Air Force, will arrive on a Thursday night. Our parents are flying down with his children the following Sunday (brother is stationed in a different state). We are also flying down on Sunday. Can my brother activate his tickets when he arrives, and then activate ours when we show up? Just confused by the "whole party needs to be together" part. It would be even better if he could activate everything without us so we could skip the TTC, but I understand why Disney might not want that happening.

Also, he said in the past that he and his wife were each able to buy a set of tickets (she has a spouse military ID). But am I reading correctly that while that was allowed in the past, that would no longer be the case? Are they limited to 6 between the two of them? We were hoping for 8 tickets total, but we'll take what we can get!
pachelbel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #262
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The Service Member is limited to six tickets. If the SM is not present, the Spouse can purchase them, but they are considered (for recording purposes) as having been sold to the SM. So the total limit is six.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #263
pachelbel9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The Service Member is limited to six tickets. If the SM is not present, the Spouse can purchase them, but they are considered (for recording purposes) as having been sold to the SM. So the total limit is six.
Thank you!
pachelbel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #264
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

You've always been limited to 6 tickets between the service member and spouse with this promotion, unless they had more than 4 children. If they each bought 6 in the past they were just lucky lol.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #265
melbabeee
Earning My Ears

Our family is traveling to WDW in April. My father is retired military but may not be able to join us due to his health. My mom, a retired military spouse with an ID card is coming. Is she eligible to purchase tickets for our family of five?

Last edited by melbabeee; 01-19-2013 at 08:15 AM.
melbabeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #266
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbabeee View Post
Our family is traveling to WDW in April. My father is retired military but may not be able to join us due to his health. My mom, a retired military spouse with an ID card is coming. Is she eligible to purchase tickets for our family of five?
Yes she sure is, up to six tickets total, one must be for her.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #267
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
As far as Disney is concerned, a service member does not have to buy or activate all tickets at the same time. As long as you do not buy/activate more than six tickets during the promotion. Note that it seems that the military will only make the sale at one time. So if you will be buying the tickets on base, but doing more than one trip, you have to purchase all at one time on base only.
Cheshire - I have a question based on the above quoted change.

A friend of mine was supposed to go to Disney in October, but the trip was rescheduled for April because of Hurricane Sandy. They purchased their AFS tickets on base. When the trip was scheduled for October, their daughter was 2 so there was no need to purchase her a ticket. Now that the trip is in April, their daughter will be 3 and will need a ticket.

I understand the ITT office will likely not sell her a ticket for her daughter now, given what you've stated above - but will she be able to buy an AFS ticket for her daughter at the WDW ticket booths? (Note, they are not near the 6 ticket limit. It's just the MM, spouse and daughter.)

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #268
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
Cheshire - I have a question based on the above quoted change.

A friend of mine was supposed to go to Disney in October, but the trip was rescheduled for April because of Hurricane Sandy. They purchased their AFS tickets on base. When the trip was scheduled for October, their daughter was 2 so there was no need to purchase her a ticket. Now that the trip is in April, their daughter will be 3 and will need a ticket.

I understand the ITT office will likely not sell her a ticket for her daughter now, given what you've stated above - but will she be able to buy an AFS ticket for her daughter at the WDW ticket booths? (Note, they are not near the 6 ticket limit. It's just the MM, spouse and daughter.)
Yes. There is no problem. As long as the total number of tickets doers not exceed six during the length of the promotion we will sell and/or activate previously sold tickets.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #269
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the speedy response, Cheshire!

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #270
denisea51
Mouseketeer

Did I understand this correctly? DH (retired) and I are going in Sept. We will be there a week. Can we purchase 4 (2 for him 2 for me) and use them back to back in that one week? Thanks. Denise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: