Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #241
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate70s View Post
Sorry if this has been answered many times, I read through the thread but just want to make sure I've got it right now that our plans are changing nad we may be traveling with non-military family. My DH is active duty. My niece and her family are also planning a trip to Disney this spring also so we contemplating going during the same time. Here is my understanding of the salute discount.

1. If we buy them Salute tickets my DH or I have to be there the 1st day of use, correct? Do we have to also be there the 2nd 3rd, and 4th day they enter the parks?
2. I though I read somewhere that I could reserve up to 2 rooms with the discount, but then I read something else saying that the military or spouse has to be staying in the room that you reserve. Is this correct? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

At WDW your whole party needs to be together to activate the tickets, not necessarily for the 1st day of use as you can activate them ahead of time. You may all then use the tickets separately.

You can reserve up to 3 rooms with the AFS discount and the military member (or spouse) need to be staying in one of them.

Hope you have a great time!

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #242
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
Hi,

At WDW your whole party needs to be together to activate the tickets, not necessarily for the 1st day of use as you can activate them ahead of time. You may all then use the tickets separately.

You can reserve up to 3 rooms with the AFS discount and the military member (or spouse) need to be staying in one of them.

So unless DH and I have seperate rooms, we can't book the discount for them, right?
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #243
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydovesx2 View Post
We plan to go in October 2013. I know the 2013-2014 discounts won't be available when we plan to book this and they may not be available when we have to make our final payment 45 days prior to arrival. If we pay our reservations in full then the new rates are released can we modify our reservation and receive a refund if we are able to get our package at a lower rate?
I wouldn't think applying the AFS rate once announced would be a problem. Disney has been very good about this in the past. One thing some people ran into this past August though was if they had a very specific room type (such as a princess room) there were some problems getting the discount on the same type room.

Right now I'm expecting an August renewal, but as usual will be pressuring Disney to commit earlier.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival

Last edited by Steve TLT; 01-13-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #244
Steve TLT

Quote:
So unless DH and I have seperate rooms, we can't book the discount for them, right?
No you and DH need to be in one, your guests can be in the other(s)

Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #245
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No you and DH need to be in one, your guests can be in the other(s)
Oh good, that's a much better option!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #246
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Quote:
Hi,

To clarify your point a bit. . .the whole party doesn't need to actually be physically there when the ticket is activated. We have never had to do that. I go to the Guest Services counter while we're at DTD, I activate the tickets while the wife and kid do some shopping, and we are on our way.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #247
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post
To clarify your point a bit. . .the whole party doesn't need to actually be physically there when the ticket is activated. We have never had to do that. I go to the Guest Services counter while we're at DTD, I activate the tickets while the wife and kid do some shopping, and we are on our way.
Well... I know people do/have done that, but Disney's rules state that the whole party must be there for activation. I never like to tell people to count on anything else.

But you are right, some cast members will do it without everyone there.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #248
mckryan
DIS Veteran

1. No, you do not have to accompany them through the turnstiles. You only have to activate their tickets. You don't have to go into the parks with them.

2. You can reserve up to 3 rooms, but you must accompany your guests at check-in and throughout their stay. You do not have to have a military member or spouse staying in each room. http://www.shadesofgreen.org/booking.htm
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #249
mckryan
DIS Veteran

We just activated tickets in December, and they wanted to see the whole party and see their driver's licenses when we activated their tickets.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #250
interstate70s
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well... I know people do/have done that, but Disney's rules state that the whole party must be there for activation. I never like to tell people to count on anything else.

But you are right, some cast members will do it without everyone there.
an we activate them at the hotels, or just guest services?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #251
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
an we activate them at the hotels, or just guest services?
Guest services at the gate of the park you are at that day. I *think* you can also activate them at the ticket window DTD.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #252
christianweecare
DIS Veteran

I have another military question. Sorry to high jack your thread! Does anyone know if you can use Disney gift cards to purchase military tickets at Shades of Green?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #253
Steve TLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianweecare View Post
I have another military question. Sorry to high jack your thread! Does anyone know if you can use Disney gift cards to purchase military tickets at Shades of Green?
Not at Shades, only at a Disney ticket booth, where you'll pay sales tax on top of the ticket price.

I recommend you use your gift card for food, souvenirs, etc. from Disney and use another method to pay for the tickets at Shades without tax.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #254
christianweecare
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much. Exactly what I needed to know.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #255
MegN529
Mouseketeer

My husband, kids and I have always purchased the military 4-day hopper passes which we plan to do again in April. However, my husband has been suggesting we add a few extra days in the park so we can take our time a bit more. What options do I have for tickets? Do I purchase a standard ticket at full price or are there any other military tickets available at a lower rate? I would appreciate any input you all may have!

MegN529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: