Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #136
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

This is pretty much the way it's been every year since the promo started--great confusion for the first few weeks ITTs don't have the tickets or know how they work, etc. You can always buy them at the gate if you have to, even if it is a few extra dollars per ticket. Or at SoG.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #137
IrishTink
I do believe in faeries, I do, I do!
Wow i didn't realize how excited i am

I have 1-day base tickets purchased several years ago that have never been activated. Can I go through the turnstiles first and then upgrade at Guest Services *inside* the park to get the current value applied to the Military tickets, or do I have to do it outside the park and get the price applied that we actually paid?

Also, the four of us really need a 5-day ticket. I know you can't add days to the Military ticket, but can a 5th pass be purchased that can be used by each of us for one day during the duration of our stay?

Thanks!!!
IrishTink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #138
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTink View Post
I have 1-day base tickets purchased several years ago that have never been activated. Can I go through the turnstiles first and then upgrade at Guest Services *inside* the park to get the current value applied to the Military tickets, or do I have to do it outside the park and get the price applied that we actually paid?

Also, the four of us really need a 5-day ticket. I know you can't add days to the Military ticket, but can a 5th pass be purchased that can be used by each of us for one day during the duration of our stay?

Thanks!!!
Taken from Cheshire Figment's Everything About WDW Tickets sticky:

If you have unused non-promotional tickets and wish to have them applied to the purchase of Tickets, this may be done provided the value of the unused tickets is equal to or less than the value of the tickets being purchased or upgraded. You cannot use a GAD ticket to upgrade to an Armed Forces Salute ticket.

I take that to mean that you can only present an UNUSED ticket to apply it to the purchase of a Military Salute ticket. That's what I plan to do, just to be safe.

For the second part, the answer is definitely no. The Military Salute tickets require finger scans, plus you have to give a name/address/DOB for each person that will be using a MS ticket, and those names are printed on the tickets (if you buy them at Guest Relations, which you will if you're trading in unused tickets). There's no easy way to get a 5th day. Either cut back to 4, or add the Water Parks Fun & More option, which gives you 4 entries to water parks and/or DisneyQuest and/or mini-golf and/or a 9-hole round of golf. That gives you plenty to do on a 5th day.

Hope this helps and have a fun time!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #139
P'colaBeachBum
Go 'Noles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
This is pretty much the way it's been every year since the promo started--great confusion for the first few weeks ITTs don't have the tickets or know how they work, etc. You can always buy them at the gate if you have to, even if it is a few extra dollars per ticket. Or at SoG.
We went over to SOG because they are selling the 2012/13 tickets now.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #140
IrishTink
I do believe in faeries, I do, I do!
Wow i didn't realize how excited i am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
Taken from Cheshire Figment's Everything About WDW Tickets sticky:

If you have unused non-promotional tickets and wish to have them applied to the purchase of Tickets, this may be done provided the value of the unused tickets is equal to or less than the value of the tickets being purchased or upgraded. You cannot use a GAD ticket to upgrade to an Armed Forces Salute ticket.

I take that to mean that you can only present an UNUSED ticket to apply it to the purchase of a Military Salute ticket. That's what I plan to do, just to be safe.

For the second part, the answer is definitely no. The Military Salute tickets require finger scans, plus you have to give a name/address/DOB for each person that will be using a MS ticket, and those names are printed on the tickets (if you buy them at Guest Relations, which you will if you're trading in unused tickets). There's no easy way to get a 5th day. Either cut back to 4, or add the Water Parks Fun & More option, which gives you 4 entries to water parks and/or DisneyQuest and/or mini-golf and/or a 9-hole round of golf. That gives you plenty to do on a 5th day.

Hope this helps and have a fun time!
Thanks Claire! I didn't think we could purchase a 5th ticket for "sharing" -- but it sure would have been nice! Also, I know we can upgrade using an old ticket, but didn't know if you could only do it at Guest Services outside the gate prior to going through the turnstile. I didn't want to use the 1-day base ticket to enter the park and then have them tell me it couldn't be upgraded because it was already activated. That's the part I was trying to get clarification on.
IrishTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #141
kramerzoo
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been able to purchase tickets at ITT at their base as of today? We are still a little over a month out til we leave but I am getting antsy...
kramerzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #142
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerzoo
Has anyone been able to purchase tickets at ITT at their base as of today? We are still a little over a month out til we leave but I am getting antsy...
Ours is still only selling the current ones.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #143
MadAlice1025
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard
Thanks so much. I didn't know we could get them at the parks, I thought it was only through ITT.
Oct 2012: Saratoga Springs Resort (first DVC stay!)
Sep 2013: Grand Californian and Aulani
Apr 2014: Disney Cruise on the Dream (first cruise!)
May 2014: Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Apr 2015: Disney Cruise on the Dream
MadAlice1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #144
piratesfirst
Earning My Ears

We are looking at going at the beginning of December 2013 and my father-in-law is a retired marine. They will be going with us. Is there a high probability that this promotion will be extended throughout the next year? How many years has this been offered? We could potentially go at a different time but would prefer then. Thanks!

Many, many trips to WDW over the years!
Family trip 2014! 6 adults and 8 children!
October 31-November 8! ASMu (1 night) FWC (7 nights!)
piratesfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #145
piratesfirst
Earning My Ears

One more question, are you able to add the dining plan when you purchase these tickets and reserve a discounted room on property? Trying to put together a package to present to my in-laws
Thanks!

Many, many trips to WDW over the years!
Family trip 2014! 6 adults and 8 children!
October 31-November 8! ASMu (1 night) FWC (7 nights!)
piratesfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #146
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesfirst
One more question, are you able to add the dining plan when you purchase these tickets and reserve a discounted room on property? Trying to put together a package to present to my in-laws
Thanks!
You can add the dining plan to the room only reservation with the military discount without having to add tickets, since they are sold separately.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #147
Iris
Not-so-secretly wishing to own the Disney Wonder
Loves her Cats

Just love all the confusion at the beginning of the new promotion...LOL

Ok, so I read through everything here, everything on the internet, the Q&A from military tips....just want to be clear - we DO NOT have to purchase all of the tickets at once?

I know when the first promotion started - the year it was a 5 day ticket and the service member got their ticket free, we had to purchase all of the tickets at the same time. The last promotion, we were able to purchase a few on one trip and the rest on another which made it much easier. We are going in November but only need to purchase 3 tickets at that time, but we will also go in March and I want to be sure we can purchase 2 more at that time. This seems to be the case but I guess I just need to know for sure. I am not prepared to purchase 5 tickets in November but will if I must. Activating the tickets is not an issue since one of us is traveling on both trips. Cheshire?

Formerly of #462 and #737 Disneyland-1967&1987 : Prior trips to WDW-1971,1975,1976,1981,1986,1991,Every year since 1994 Disney Wonder Cruises: 2001,2002,2003; Nov.3, 2004-DVC AKL (last trip as a CM~ )December 7-10, 2004 Pop with DD for 1st trip to Pop Warner ChampionshipsJune 2005-DVC SS; Dec. 8-11, 2005 All stars with DDs for Pop Warner ChampionshipsDec. 23, 2005 - Boardwalk~Christmas at WDW!! Royal Carribbean Cruise 2005July 6-13, 2006 ~ Boardwalk DVCDLR ~ February 17-22, 2007~1st time in 20 years!June 18-25, 2007~OKW DVC September 9-13,2007~AKL DVC;June 2008~OKW DVC;JUNE 2009~ OKW DVC September 2009~DVC WL; 2 trips in one year!;Aug29-Sept.5,2010-DVC OKW~Taking DD to WDW for CareerStart!!;December 9-15, 2010 @DVC SSR to see Steph! February 26-March 4, 2011~OKW DVC to see Steph as a Character Performer!!:May 11-16,2011~OKW DVC to help move Steph permanently to Florida!;June 22-27,2011-quick trip to see Steph;Oct. 13-22, 2011-Girls trip!;Dec.4-10, 2011~DVC SSR to see Steph in the castle show!,3/27-4/1/12~Off property to help Steph move!:Nov.8-13,2012~DVC-F&W5K&visit Steph!
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #148
k_null81
Mouseketeer

we leave in 9 days and my dad was just about to drive over to are ITT office at the closest base to get are tickets and they had shipped them back yesterday even though you can purchase them till the 27th...so irritating...anyways I'm debating going to SOG the first morning we are there to get are tickets or get them at the ticket office/guest relations at the first park we visit? Does anyone know what the taxes would be on 1 ticket at the $138 price if we buy them at the park instead of SOG?

TIA for the help!
K-
k_null81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #149
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

8 something per ticket tax as we paid 293.94 with tax for two tix at the gate this week
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #150
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The tax is 6.5%.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: