Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #16
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Uhhh! I can only see a few of the pictures but what I did see are great! What a pretty beach and the water looks free of seaweed and other yucky stuff.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #17
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Uhhh! I can only see a few of the pictures but what I did see are great! What a pretty beach and the water looks free of seaweed and other yucky stuff.
I know it! I don't know what's going on with them. When I looked last night all the pictures from this TR were down, but this morning most of them are back up, so hopefully, they'll all be back up soon!

It is a beautiful place!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
Bell<3Disney
Mouseketeer

Sound like fun so far!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell<3Disney View Post
Sound like fun so far!
Yes it was! With much more fun to come!

Glad you're here!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 08-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #20
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yay! I can see all the pictures now. Looks like ya'll had a blast at the beach and ended the evening with some tasty pizza.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! I can see all the pictures now. Looks like ya'll had a blast at the beach and ended the evening with some tasty pizza.
Yay! I don't even know what was going on with them the other day, but I'm glad they're all back up now---what's a TR without pics!?

I love the beach - I just can't talk Davis into going very much!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #22
Bridora
DIS Veteran

“Got out of town on a boat goin’ to southern islands…”
(I've always loved this song by Crosby, Stills, & Nash)

Or a ship…

Specifically, the Disney Dream goin’ to the Bahamas!

And boy, was our hotel bustling that morning! I'm guessing most of their business is from cruisers. I noticed a big group of people with matching t-shirts would be boarding the Carnival Sensation that morning. (This won't be the last you hear of the Carnival Sensation either!)

Anyway, if you’ve read any of my other trip reports, you’ll remember that the kids and I love-love-love continental breakfast at the hotels. When we went out in search of the breakfast room we only had to follow the sounds! Well, we already knew where the breakfast room was since we had to pass it to get to our room, but still…

It was a madhouse in that breakfast room! So much of a madhouse that we decided to skip out on the free breakfast that morning. I didn't even see an empty table. Instead, I made a run out to the van and raided our “Disney breakfast” stash - individual sized cereal boxes for the kids and Special K bars for Davis and myself.

After eating, we took our bags and shuttle vouchers to the appointed shuttle meeting room and saw there was a line coming out the door. I don’t know if there was another shuttle loading or what, but we joined the line out in the hallway. Before too long, the line began to move and we found ourselves in a nearly empty conference room with rows of chairs and a TV. The kids made themselves comfortable in chairs while Davis and I stood against the wall, out of the way with the bigger luggage.

Our shuttle driver arrived, gave us some instructions, including how to arrange for our pick-up after the cruise, and then we were off to the terminal! I think they usually have two shuttles running, but for some reason or other there was only one today and he was running a bit late. They ended up loading for two pick up times instead of just ours--oh well--at least it was a fairly short ride! And there was a cruise ship at the end of it!!!

Our first glimpse of the Dream:

Soooo excited!

Allison - modeling the cool sunglasses she found at Ron Jon. Notice that Davis and Luke had to stand.

Pulling in to the terminal…

We got off the shuttle, made sure all our bags were off the trailer and with a porter, and then went right down the sidewalk to a little gated-off entrance.

We only had to wait a few minutes outside at the gate before we were ushered inside, through security, and up the escalator. We were greeted by Cast Members who directed us to fill out the form stating we weren’t sick and then to the check-in desk. Check-in was a breeze and we were given our boarding number: Group 10.

Not too shabby! After taking care of business we hopped in line to meet Minnie Mouse.

And took some time to look at the model ship that was on display:

They had begun calling groups to board while we were in line to meet Minnie. The closer they got to calling “10” the more excited we became. Before we knew it they had called our number and we were going through these doors:

(I borrowed the above picture from All Ears because I didn’t take one of my own.)

Almost on the “boat” ….almost on the “boat”!!!

We found a small line inside the hallway - we were waiting to have our picture made. While waiting I spotted someone I knew was going to be on our cruise...someone I’d hoped we’d run into - it was Mickeystoontown - Lisa and her family! I hollered out “Lisa!“ and we all chatted for a few minutes while waiting to have our pictures made.

After smiling for the photographer and giving our name to the Cast Member at the door - we found ourselves walking right into the atrium with an awesome welcome! Directly behind us was Lisa’s family. As they walked in the piano player began playing “happy birthday” - just for her son. We thought that was pretty cool!

We were told staterooms would be ready at 1:30 and informed that Cabana’s was open and serving lunch. I was just following those in front of us at that point. We went down a hallway and that’s when I had my first “porthole sighting”. Yeah, pretty funny thing to be excited about, I guess!

And there's the Carnival Sensation!

Seeing how much we were enjoying playing in the portholes, Lisa offered to take a family portrait!

Thanks Lisa!

I'm not sure were I snapped these next few pictures:

I can’t remember if we took an elevator to get to Cabana’s or not, but these elevator shots lead me to believe we may have:

We did eventually pop up in Cabana’s where we were greeted by Cast Members armed with hand sanitizing wipes - nice!

After filling our plates to the max, we found a table where we could enjoy lunch. It just happened to be right by the drink machines and right by Lisa and her family! Hi guys!

And no, it’s not filled to the max, lol! This was a combination of my first, appetizer-type plate and my fears of stuffing myself silly on a cruise with all-you-can-eat-because-you’ve-already-paid-for-it meals. I was trying to be good!

...Continued in next post or here...

Last edited by Bridora; 08-15-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
Bridora
DIS Veteran

...Continued...

We hung out at the table for a while - just taking in our surroundings.

Wish I could still choose from those wireless networks right now!

Allison in the hoodie from Ron Jon - she practically lives in that thing still!

That covered area on the right side of the picture is where we were dropped off not too long ago!

Another cruise ship outside! I don’t know which one that was.

The kids were itching to try out to Aqua Duck - or at least get into the pool - so we headed that way. The kids joined lines for the restroom so that they could change into their suits. Davis and I waited for them at a table and stashed their things in our carry on bag. (Forgot to mention that I had one of those packed with our suits, cruise documents, flip-flops, and sunscreen!) Luke almost left his shirt behind, but remembered and ran back inside to get it.

While the kids got in line for the Aqua Duck, I wandered around and took a few pictures before deciding to change into my suit to join them.

Davis kept watch on our things and on the time. When 1:30 rolled around, we gathered everything up and went off to find our stateroom: 8100.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was looking at the pictures of you guys with Minnie and I see us waaaaay over in the left hand corner of the picture. That's me in the red shirt and the straw hat.

Who would have ever thought that we would run into each other not once but twice? There were loads of folks getting on the ship so the odds were probably pretty high. Hey, we shoulda bought a lottery ticket that day.

You did a whole lot better than me on planning. I didn't even think to pack out swimming suits/trunks to change into before setting sail. Smart of you!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #25
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was looking at the pictures of you guys with Minnie and I see us waaaaay over in the left hand corner of the picture. That's me in the red shirt and the straw hat.

Who would have ever thought that we would run into each other not once but twice? There were loads of folks getting on the ship so the odds were probably pretty high. Hey, we shoulda bought a lottery ticket that day.

You did a whole lot better than me on planning. I didn't even think to pack out swimming suits/trunks to change into before setting sail. Smart of you!
I looked back at the picture and saw you!

I know - I'm glad we did! I guess we're better at being in the same place at the same time on a cruise ship than in the parks!

Packing a day bag with swimsuits/other necessities is one of the things I read about in others' trip reports and in our cruise planning stuff from Disney that I actually remembered to do!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
Bridora
DIS Veteran

"To understand the future, you have to go back in time..."
I still haven't seen Men in Black III, but I've heard the song!

I am interrupting your regularly scheduled Trip Report to show you the following:

I didn't even think to check Davis's phone for pictures until last night. It turns out that he had a lot - some from days I've already written about. Silly me!

Here are some better shots from The Hammock. You can get a better feel for the nature trail in these:

Anything up there?

These next shots are from Thursday, May 24:

A better look at the sidewalk where we were dropped off that morning. That's our shuttle driver giving us instructions there in the bottom left hand part of the picture!

Here's the inside of the terminal. Those people in the bottom left are filling out the "We're not sick" sheet. The left hand side of the picture has the check in desks, straight ahead is where we met Minnie. You can see the Mickey shaped doors in the center of the picture. I think that line of the right hand side was to sign your kids up for the kids' club/activities. We didn't have to wait for that because the kids were older.

Admiral Donald

Me at lunch. You can't really see me, but you've got a good view of what's outside!

More of what's outside.

Luke and his lunch. I guess that was Allison's pizza in the other picture, then!
Looks like he had macaroni and cheese, french fries, and chicken strips.

These next few pictures Davis must have taken at some point while we were Aqua Ducking. Which was a lot of fun, by the way! I don't think I said that earlier.

I just noticed the guy in Mickey ears in the center of the picture -

Last edited by Bridora; 08-19-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad that you thought to look at Davis's phone pictures. There were some really cool ones in there. I think I was a little overwhelmed when we entered the terminal because I didn't take very many pictures in there. Good to see that Davis was calm, cool and collected and thought to do so.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #28
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #29
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so glad that you thought to look at Davis's phone pictures. There were some really cool ones in there. I think I was a little overwhelmed when we entered the terminal because I didn't take very many pictures in there. Good to see that Davis was calm, cool and collected and thought to do so.
Me too! I can't believe I didn't think about it sooner, though!

The terminal was so busy! Add to that making sure you had everything taken care of check-in wise and listening for your boarding number, it was easy to forget to take pictures. That must be what happened to me, too! Which just proves that we're the ones who take of business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in.
I'm so glad you're here! Hope you enjoy!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #30
BsAngel
Earning My Ears

Awwww

You have caught the magic in ways others havent I cant wait to read more

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: