Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #1456
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
you said AG came out in 1986 when I was in 6 th grade....... then I started doing the math & guessing you were 11 it would have you right in the of my 2 daughters 1st born '74
2 nd born '76

right now I feel like Sophia of thr Golden Girls !!!!!!
You are not allowed to do the math!!!

My oldest was born in 77 and my youngest was born in 01.... So I guess that makes me Mom as well...or maybe younger aunt....

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #1457
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

I love the new bag!!! I am drooling over this to carry my camera.

PrincessMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #1458
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

My oldest was born in '72 and my youngest in '92 , I feel a bit like Sophia or perhaps Grandma Moses!!

Love all the AG dolls! We must have about twenty. I was very depressed when my baby out grew them. Ruth
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #1459
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Sorry everyone, replies will be very short this morning, since I have to work at Target and we are also in a Winter Storm Warning - Blizzard warning to the counties just south of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

D~ Thanks for letting me thread jack, I love showing off my Pluto collection to people who actually appreciate it. I think most people outside of Disney lovers think I'm a little nuts.

Glad you had a great day yesterday and can't wait to see pictures later today.

That's wonderful that you have four days off for Christmas. I'm extremely spoiled at my work. They give us three days for Christmas so I have 24th - 26th off. Unfortunately this Friday I have to drive about an hour and 1/2 away for a class. Not looking forward to that!
That is awesome that you get that many days off for Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
LOVE this bag!

My silly DIL asked me to make her a camera bag for Christmas..I declined. I said I would wait for yours and maybe get her one next year. (I know where my talents lie...and this ain't it! LOL

Beautiful....

Nini
Thank you Nini. I am sure you could make a bag if you try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
This is amazing!!! Type more in a minute

Quote:
you said AG came out in 1986 when I was in 6 th grade....... then I started doing the math & guessing you were 11 it would have you right in the of my 2 daughters 1st born '74
2 nd born '76

right now I feel like Sophia of thr Golden Girls !!!!!!
LOL You are very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I don't know an DSLR camera, but I still love that bag! I just love all the organization! It's a winner D~.
Thanks Suzi!

Quote:
this is perfect most bags are too big or too small I love to do the parks

hands free & hate having ro stuff impt need right away things in shirt or pants pockets The seperate compartments and esp the back zippered area solves so many wants/ needs

Bravo well done AND feminine :-)
Thanks Ruthie!

Quote:
I think the DSLR bag is perfect. And the outside fabric is not boring at all. I think it is very classy.
Thank you Ariana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
The bag looks great
Thanks Lillian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
The outside of the bag is not boring, it matches all my work cups/mugs. They are black and white (or clear) and have that type of pattern. That's so when I leave them somewhere, everybody will know who it belongs to.

The bag is great, though. One can never have too many compartments or pockets.
LOL Thanks Ruth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
We must be the same age because I was in 6th grade in 1986 as well.

I LOVE the camera bag and am now going to BEG my husband to let me get one designed by you although sadly I know it won't be before our next Disney trip.
Thank you! We must be very close in age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
The bag looks great. I love that the lining fabrics add a bit of color but think that this will a wonderful bag for Alli to use with or with out her camera on a regular basis. I imagine that the bag looks even better in real life. I love the idea of the zipper on the main part of the bag because it gives you the option so you can secure your stuff when you are going to take the bag off. Great for rides too! Not having the foam is nice too because I think you will have better results if you need to wash it. The water-proof lining is a good idea but I always just keep a big zip lock in my camera bag for pop up storms and rides on Splash Mountain. I it nice that you got some great input on this bag because you did an amazing job creating something that is attractive, protective and useful.

And you are an expert with bias tape. I am pathetic when trying to work with it. I thought it was because I was trying to make my own but I was a fail with the store bought bias tape too. I guess if I wasn't so lazy I could do a better job pinning before sewing but that is too much work for me.

So, now I have to wait until after Christmas to see what Alli is getting to go with her new bag.......
Thank you Liz! I do make my own bias tape... I think the kind I make is much easier to work with than the store bought. I don't pin for the first part, only the last part.

Quote:
Ariana - you have so many cute Pluto items. I love the "Talk to the Paw" and the "bling" Pluto. So many fun things. Thanks for sharing
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The bag looks awesome...great job!
Thanks Kathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love the bag!! You did a really great job on it! What are the bags dimensions? (sorry if you wrote them out and I missed it)
Thanks... Hmmmm... Approx 13" wide x 9" tall? That's a rough estimate off the top of my head... I know the width is pretty close, just not sure about the height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I think with all the quilted layers in this bag, you really don't need any foam in it. Its a very nice camera bag! I can tell that lots of thought went into it. BTW - I love bags with lots of pockets. I made a bag for our last trip to WDW last year and added lots of extra pockets. Decided the bag just was not quite large enough, so I'm making a new one for our trip in the fall. I really needed a pocket for a water bottle, so I want to be sure to add that in too.

I did get several complements on my bag and several people asked me where I bought it. It was just a Simplicity pattern, but I made it with Mickey fabric and added a button trim (think hidden mickeys).

I'm thinking I might try an applique on my new bag. Just need to decide what to applique....
Thanks! That is awesome - I am glad that you got so many comments on your bag. Applique is fun!

Quote:
You are not allowed to do the math!!!

My oldest was born in 77 and my youngest was born in 01.... So I guess that makes me Mom as well...or maybe younger aunt....

Nini
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMickey View Post
I love the new bag!!! I am drooling over this to carry my camera.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
My oldest was born in '72 and my youngest in '92 , I feel a bit like Sophia or perhaps Grandma Moses!!

Love all the AG dolls! We must have about twenty. I was very depressed when my baby out grew them. Ruth
Thanks Ruth...

OK... Busy day in the sewing room yesterday... Finished the bag, as you all know. Then I made Alli a cute coordinating camera strap. Then I started on V's gift.

Today is a Target day...

I am also starting my December auction this morning.

Hopefully the roads are ok when I get off of work. We always have visibility issues in our area - and our main hwy is notorious for drifting closed... Hopefully I make it home OK. I always worry, I have had some very scary close calls.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #1460
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ariana - you have so many cute Pluto items. I love the "Talk to the Paw" and the "bling" Pluto. So many fun things. Thanks for sharing
You are welcome! I enjoy showing it off.

D~ - Have a good day at work and be careful driving home. I used to live in Erie, PA and I hated driving in the snow. Oh, and good luck with the auction.
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #1461
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Sorry everyone, replies will be very short this morning, since I have to work at Target and we are also in a Winter Storm Warning - Blizzard warning to the counties just south of us.

Hopefully the roads are ok when I get off of work. We always have visibility issues in our area - and our main hwy is notorious for drifting closed... Hopefully I make it home OK. I always worry, I have had some very scary close calls.
Be careful out there. I guess y'all are used to driving to work in a Winter Storm. Here, the city pretty much shuts down during a Winter Storm. No one goes out shopping, unless they need emergency supplies. And going out in a blizzard here? I don't even think emergency personal go out in blizzards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #1462
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Alli's bag turned out cute!
stay safe in the storm!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #1463
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post

Looks like I'm the youngest Ruth/ie. I was born in the mid 70s.

Stay Safe in the Weather, D~

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #1464
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Love all the new bags!! Remmy turned out really cute and I love how everything matches!!

Drive safe today!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #1465
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

LOL... with friends like me....

I was about to share your latest auction on Facebook...until I realized I was the high bidder! The next bid amount will go over my max for my gift to myself...so I am being selfish and keeping it quiet! LOL

I know ...terrible friend. And I can't really 'wear' my camera in the parks...but I love it so much better than that silly nylon strap that came with the camera!

Selfish Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #1466
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
You are welcome! I enjoy showing it off.

D~ - Have a good day at work and be careful driving home. I used to live in Erie, PA and I hated driving in the snow. Oh, and good luck with the auction.
Thanks Ariana. Surprisingly, my drive home was better than my drive in - not by much - but it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Be careful out there. I guess y'all are used to driving to work in a Winter Storm. Here, the city pretty much shuts down during a Winter Storm. No one goes out shopping, unless they need emergency supplies. And going out in a blizzard here? I don't even think emergency personal go out in blizzards.
Thanks! I don't usually drive when there are storms predicted... I had 2 really close calls. The first one was the first year we lived here, and the second one was 2 years ago... Because of the hills and valleys in SE MN, it causes the roads to drift closed very quickly. On our highway, the plows have to keep going non-stop, or it 's a lost cause. There have been several times over the years where we were stranded home because they closed the hwy. So, I get a bit paranoid when I have to work during storms like that, I am always so afraid they will close the highway while I am at work, and I won't be able to get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Alli's bag turned out cute!
stay safe in the storm!
Thanks! It wasn't as bad here as it looked to be when I went to work. We got lucky this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Looks like I'm the youngest Ruth/ie. I was born in the mid 70s.

Stay Safe in the Weather, D~
Thanks Ruth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Love all the new bags!! Remmy turned out really cute and I love how everything matches!!

Drive safe today!!
Thanks Sandra!

Quote:
LOL... with friends like me....

I was about to share your latest auction on Facebook...until I realized I was the high bidder! The next bid amount will go over my max for my gift to myself...so I am being selfish and keeping it quiet! LOL

I know ...terrible friend. And I can't really 'wear' my camera in the parks...but I love it so much better than that silly nylon strap that came with the camera!

Selfish Nini
OMG! This made me ROFL this morning. And, just to up the ante... It coordinates with your bag.

Yes, I had a crazy drive in to work yesterday... The road was clear of other cars, so I stopped and took a picture...

The snow was very light and dusty, but under that was ice... It was a bit white knuckled for a little while, but I made it, and I had a good day at work. I am gonna miss all the high stress/business of the holiday season.

I came home last night to the start of feeling sick... Took 2 Nyquil before bed, and woke this morning with a "man voice"... and for those of you that have actually talked to me IRL - I have a man voice anyways. LOL So - I just sound that much worse now. And a killer sore throat. Sigh... The girls' only lasted a couple of days, so I hope to be feeling better by our first Christmas party on Sunday.

Last night, Josh logged in to our FSA... Yah - was have about $550 to spend by the end of the year... So, even though we haven't gotten a bill from the dentist yet, I am going to stop in there and see if I can pay it, and get a receipt... That will help with a chunk of it. Then, I think Josh is going to get a new pair of glasses... I was supposed to get another pair this year, but I didn't - since he actually wears his, I feel that he should get another pair.

And my girls.... Awww.. They are so cute today!

Alli has her "Ugly Christmas Sweater" day at school today...

And V has a holiday dress up day at school...

They are soooooo cute!

There is a story behind this (surprised? Probably not)... Alli borrowed her "Ugly Sweater" - which isn't all that ugly, IMO - from a neighbor... Since then, V has been to every neighbor's house for 3 square blocks, trying to find an ugly sweater for today. When she went to bed last night - she was so crabby, because she had NOTHING to wear. So, this morning, she came down with the red striped shirt on. As the morning progressed, they girls happened to find a pair of Christmas socks I bought at 90% off last Christmas, and they just made her outfit perfect. She hot glued her headband this morning, and dug out her red Converse... And if you ask me, this was the most adorable impromptu outfit ever.

I just love V's facial expression in this one... LOL

And this one is my favorite:

And please, ignore all the gifts in the background... Everyone has been mailing their gifts to our house, because all the festivities will be centered around this area - so we have 3 families worth of gifts under our tree at the moment. No, all of them are not ours.

I wanted today to be a sewing day... I still have so much to finish! I think I will go up there for a couple of hours this morning... Then I will head to town to get all my last minute stuff done... You know... Grocery shopping, Dentist, Liquor store, Pharmacist, Target (it's our Holiday meal today - so free lunch - whoot), meat market, vet...

Guaranteed, I will be working on Victoria's gift tomorrow, with my sewing room door closed. Sigh... I was hoping to be further than this.
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #1467
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the pics of the girls....so fun.

Did you end up with a lot of snow? Our 2 to 4 inches ended up being a dusting on the grass . But poor Markie and Alisha ended up with over 13 inches and no power for over 6 hours.if I don't get back here, I wish you, Josh and the girls a very Merry Christmas!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #1468
Terkina
DIS Veteran

I hope you get better soon and get to finish all the Christmas gifts in the sewing room. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #1469
solana131
DIS Veteran

Oh, I hope you feel better for your festivities! That always seems to happen in our household, right when we need to be at our best

Well IMO, Alli's "ugly" Christmas sweater is beautiful...I would wear that. In fact, I am sure I have uglier that I do wear every year I have this one sweatshirt that has snowmen on it. I wear it every time we have a really snowy day here. I love it, but hubby thinks it is ugly.

Love V's socks! If I could pull off skinny jeans, I would get a pair of those.

I'm a nervous wreck today....we had a threat circulating around Facebook the past couple of days saying what happened in CT will happen in Southern Maine on the winter solstice. We all got messages yesterday saying they knew about the threat and were taking extra security measures. But I still had a really hard time deciding to let Bradey go to school today. And I jump every time the phone rings I can't wait until 2:00 when I can go get him!

Anyway....hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'm sure we will chat before the big day!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #1470
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Love the girls pictures. Those striped socks and striped top make her look adorable! There's no ugly there. What does her headband look like that she hotglued?
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: