Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #1381
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Monroe, GA
Posts: 2,855

What do you mean? Santa isn't real?????


My oldest is 35, and youngest is 10. Our family rule is, if you don't believe in Santa, he simply stops bringing you gifts. If you spoil Santa for a young child, NO ONE gives you gifts.

We might have an issue in a couple of years...MY SIL and daughter have decided they are NOT going with the whole Santa thing... At least I can write them off my list then! LOL!!!

My favorite Christmas decoration is a sign a former co-worker gave me...It says "We STILL Believe!!"


Nini
__________________
Nini Morris

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?



NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #1382
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran
 
Pluto0809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,063

Have a great time at the concert tonight!

I wanted to let you know that I do plan on sending you some pics from my trip with my bags. Most of the good ones though are on Photopass which I still haven't ordered. I've been too busy with Christmas stuff to get to that. I'm hoping to work on them on my lunch today and get it ordered but I also have a few more Christmas gifts to order first. I promise I will get them to you as soon as I can!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #1383
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,774

have fun at the concert tonight...Megan's was last night and they did a wonderful job!

Megan figured out Santa when she was almost 9...but still wants him to bring stockings and gifts! and still believes in the spirit of Santa...we have an agreement, take a Santa photo every year for me, Santa will deliver hey I'm not above bribery have spots in her Santa album until she's 18!!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #1384
solana131
DIS Veteran
 
solana131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,200

I am so far behind! So....

I like the 3rd floorplan...the one with the smaller addition.

No, you absolutely cannot stop your ramblings! It takes FOREVER to get caught up when I slack off, but it just wouldn't be a D~ report without all those little tidbits

Love the Jack bag! You know I love that black swirly fabric

The elf stockings look adorable, but the cute little round toes don't have much room for candy and toys in there. From a mom perspective...I would love them, from a kid perspective....I would want bigger ones

And I think the signature idea for the quilt is definitely a keeper. It will mean so much more to them to have that personal touch. And if they want it more "crisp looking", they can just stack presents over it.

Have a great time at the concert tonight. We have our first one too! The kindergarten class will be singing 3 songs....can't wait!
__________________
Me(Suzi) DH(Bill) DS7(Bradey)
1985,1989,1992 Offsite
Feb'12 Poly July'12 POFQ Aug'13 Poly June'14 GF



Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #1385
sewmess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 820

Caught up....Whew!

Good luck with the renovations. We're in the same place "stuck" in the house we have. We just got the roof replaced and need to have some siding work done, but I let DH and his dad bond over that stuff. I would love to replace our steep front steps with a full porch and steps with landings. What you're thinking of is huge compaired with that.

It's a little early for us to talk about snow down here, but at least we're below 60. MM looks like he's having so much fun in the snow. I had a big ol' grey tom cat who turned into a prissy kitty in the snow. He'd take one step, shake off that paw, another step, shake off that paw, etc. We called it his snowdance.

The rule in my family was Santa came until age 12.

The Jack Skellington bag looks, per usual, awesome. Saw that frost fabric on the bat tie. And congratulations on selling across the pond.

If you think you can, do a little thing for your auction, otherwise, I'd just cancel it. And that's hard, because I don't like having to go back on any promises.

But tonight, have a good time at the concert!
__________________

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #1386
Terkina
DIS Veteran
 
Terkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nortern Norway
Posts: 990

All caught up
I have been in London for a week so I haven't been on the DIS.
The decision about building on the house or move is a tough one. I know what I would prefer, but you have to think long and hard about what you really want and what you think will be easiest and best for you and your family.

Both the Elf stocking and the more tradisional stocking looks great. I think the style in the house and the style of the rest of the Christmas decoration in the house has to decide which stocking you should go for.

Last but not least the Nightmare before Christmas bag It looks AMAZING I can't wait to see it in real life About the pin on the map in your sewingroom.
Just remember to stick the pin in north of Norway This is the furthest north you have ever sent a bag and maybe ever will, unless you send another bag to the very north of Norway. The bag will travel to almost 70º north
__________________
Disneyland 1981, 1986, 2013
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990, 2013
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011


My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #1387
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran
 
LadyBeBop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Kentucky, right outside Cincinnati
Posts: 1,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina
Just remember to stick the pin in north of Norway This is the furthest north you have ever sent a bag and maybe ever will, unless you send another bag to the very north of Norway. The bag will travel to almost 70º north
Wow! You are far north.

Are you above or below the Arctic Circle? I know that is about 66 degrees north.
__________________
Next trip: When my next grandchild turns five. Probably around the turn of the next decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #1388
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
What do you mean? Santa isn't real?????


My oldest is 35, and youngest is 10. Our family rule is, if you don't believe in Santa, he simply stops bringing you gifts. If you spoil Santa for a young child, NO ONE gives you gifts.

We might have an issue in a couple of years...MY SIL and daughter have decided they are NOT going with the whole Santa thing... At least I can write them off my list then! LOL!!!

My favorite Christmas decoration is a sign a former co-worker gave me...It says "We STILL Believe!!"


Nini
Oooh, I really like that part where if you spill the beans YOU don't get gifts. Hmmm... Honestly, I've never had anyone spill the beans - my dad, however, came close several times. Geesh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Have a great time at the concert tonight!

I wanted to let you know that I do plan on sending you some pics from my trip with my bags. Most of the good ones though are on Photopass which I still haven't ordered. I've been too busy with Christmas stuff to get to that. I'm hoping to work on them on my lunch today and get it ordered but I also have a few more Christmas gifts to order first. I promise I will get them to you as soon as I can!
It was a fun concert! Thanks!

I can't wait to see the pics! I am so excited! That's my favorite part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
have fun at the concert tonight...Megan's was last night and they did a wonderful job!

Megan figured out Santa when she was almost 9...but still wants him to bring stockings and gifts! and still believes in the spirit of Santa...we have an agreement, take a Santa photo every year for me, Santa will deliver hey I'm not above bribery have spots in her Santa album until she's 18!!
Thanks, it was a lot of fun!

LOL - Love your agreement! I am also not above bribery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I am so far behind! So....

I like the 3rd floorplan...the one with the smaller addition.
Me too... Which is why, once I finally got it drawn out, I was able to let my mind rest about it. Sometimes (I know, I am strange) I get an idea in my head and I can't let it go until I find a solution. I know, bizarre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
No, you absolutely cannot stop your ramblings! It takes FOREVER to get caught up when I slack off, but it just wouldn't be a D~ report without all those little tidbits
Awww... Thanks. I just feel like a lot of people don't read, or have stopped reading my PTR/TR because either I talk too much about my life, or they just can't stay caught up, and I feel badly. But if you all enjoy hearing about my life, I'll continue to keep on keepin' on. Trust me though, it is quite boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Love the Jack bag! You know I love that black swirly fabric
LOL I was actually thinking of you when I was quilting the bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
The elf stockings look adorable, but the cute little round toes don't have much room for candy and toys in there. From a mom perspective...I would love them, from a kid perspective....I would want bigger ones
Hmmm... That is definately a dillema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
And I think the signature idea for the quilt is definitely a keeper. It will mean so much more to them to have that personal touch. And if they want it more "crisp looking", they can just stack presents over it.
Thanks! Nini will be happy that my fabric markers came in the mail yesterday. I ordered 2 boxes. They came sealed in a little bubble mailer. They were delievered by a giant semi parked in front of my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Have a great time at the concert tonight. We have our first one too! The kindergarten class will be singing 3 songs....can't wait!
Thanks! I hope Bradey had fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Caught up....Whew!

Good luck with the renovations. We're in the same place "stuck" in the house we have. We just got the roof replaced and need to have some siding work done, but I let DH and his dad bond over that stuff. I would love to replace our steep front steps with a full porch and steps with landings. What you're thinking of is huge compaired with that.
Been there, done that. It took us 2 years to replace all of the windows, replace a front wall, add a bay window, add a front porch and replace all of the siding. It's a mess that I never want to repeat. I will try to remember to post the link to my album when I get to the bottom of my post - it's a lot of fun to look through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
It's a little early for us to talk about snow down here, but at least we're below 60. MM looks like he's having so much fun in the snow. I had a big ol' grey tom cat who turned into a prissy kitty in the snow. He'd take one step, shake off that paw, another step, shake off that paw, etc. We called it his snowdance.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
The rule in my family was Santa came until age 12.
Santa will come here forever. Although, Santa is much less extravagent than he used to be. He used to bring the BIG gifts... Now he usually just brings the accessories. He still fills the stockings though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
The Jack Skellington bag looks, per usual, awesome. Saw that frost fabric on the bat tie. And congratulations on selling across the pond.
Thanks! I really like how it turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
If you think you can, do a little thing for your auction, otherwise, I'd just cancel it. And that's hard, because I don't like having to go back on any promises.
I agree, that is why I haven't officially announced anything yet. I am going to try to, at least, get a wallet/lanyard combo done. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who aren't true to their word, and it would bother me a lot to be one of them - so I am going to do my best to, at least, do something small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
But tonight, have a good time at the concert!
Thank you, we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
All caught up
I have been in London for a week so I haven't been on the DIS.
The decision about building on the house or move is a tough one. I know what I would prefer, but you have to think long and hard about what you really want and what you think will be easiest and best for you and your family.
I was getting worried about you Lillian - thanks for checking in.

We are leaning heavily towards staying here. Even if we did move - it wouldn't be for 2 years, at least. And by then, we are locked into the same area, because I promised myself that I would never make my girls switch schools again - it's just too hard on them. And besides, we love our neighbors and our town... I still feel a bit uncomfortable because of the elections, but I hope that once the new people sit on City Council and realize that we aren't bad people, maybe it will be better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Both the Elf stocking and the more tradisional stocking looks great. I think the style in the house and the style of the rest of the Christmas decoration in the house has to decide which stocking you should go for.
And, I guess that's my problem. LOL I have never seen Brian and Myrthe's house - they purchased it and remodeled it last year. I've seen pictures, but even then, things are decorated way different over there than they are here. Their house is decorated sparsely and modern - bright colors. I guess that is why I am leaning towards the Elf stockings - besides, they are cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Last but not least the Nightmare before Christmas bag It looks AMAZING I can't wait to see it in real life About the pin on the map in your sewingroom.
Just remember to stick the pin in north of Norway This is the furthest north you have ever sent a bag and maybe ever will, unless you send another bag to the very north of Norway. The bag will travel to almost 70º north
YAY!!!!!!!!! OK... as soon as I get my map, I will do my best to pinpoint your location. I am super excited for you to get it, please let me know when it arrives... Due to it going over seas, I couldn't track it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Wow! You are far north.

Are you above or below the Arctic Circle? I know that is about 66 degrees north.


************************************************** ********

Well, I got a lot accomplished in my sewing room yesterday. I would have liked to get further, but it just didn't happen. I plan to start prepping the applique this morning.

Last night was V's concert - she did a great job. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures, I forgot the camera, and we had a seat in the back - so my phone wouln't capture it either. So, I just sat back and enjoyed the concert - which I rarely get to do because I have a camera stuck to my face.

Josh and I also took the girls to Target, V had some babysitting $$ she wanted to use for Christmas gifts. Both girls are now done with their shopping.

We even splurged (LOL) on McD's for dinner. We RARELY eat there, it's never our first choice, but it was quick and on the way.

I plan to work in my sewing room for just a little while this morning, then I have to grab Alli from school. She has a dermatologist appt for her Psoriasis... Unfortunately, that will eat up most of my day. I hope to come home and work on the rest of my applique.

Nothing else exciting is going on... I just can't believe how quickly Christmas is coming.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today.

D~

Link to our house album: Rebuilding our house

Last edited by DMGeurts; 12-12-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added Picasa House album link
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #1389
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,310

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the concert. Hopefully another parent got pictures of the group?

Christmas is approaching way to quickly. I haven't begun Christmas shopping yet. Thankfully dh has, helps that he works at a store.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #1390
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 260

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I do read along and like to read about your daily adventures. I am swamped with Christmas preparations, so maybe that's why others have been quiet as well.

I love the tree skirt idea. I want to make one for our tree, but no time this year. And I would go with the elf stockings, very cute!
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #1391
Terkina
DIS Veteran
 
Terkina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nortern Norway
Posts: 990

You have planed well getting your Christmas shopping done already
I have bought a few things, but even if I only have a few gifts to buy in the first place I still haven't bought the majority of them yet. I'm also going to make roasted almonds to give away as Christmas presents.

I hope you get more done in your sewing room than you think you would
Of course I will send you a message when I get the bag so you know it has arrived safely
__________________
Disneyland 1981, 1986, 2013
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990, 2013
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011


My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #1392
DisNorth
DIS Veteran
 
DisNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Oooh, I really like that part where if you spill the beans YOU don't get gifts. Hmmm... Honestly, I've never had anyone spill the beans - my dad, however, came close several times. Geesh...

Awww... Thanks. I just feel like a lot of people don't read, or have stopped reading my PTR/TR because either I talk too much about my life, or they just can't stay caught up, and I feel badly. But if you all enjoy hearing about my life, I'll continue to keep on keepin' on. Trust me though, it is quite boring.


YAY!!!!!!!!! OK... as soon as I get my map, I will do my best to pinpoint your location. I am super excited for you to get it, please let me know when it arrives... Due to it going over seas, I couldn't track it.

Nothing else exciting is going on... I just can't believe how quickly Christmas is coming.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today.

D~
I like the 'everyday' stuff, although I don't keep up, I do like popping in every once and a while. Love the photos of MM in the snow!

I still get things from Santa, if you don't talk about it the presents keep coming

I love your idea of a map! I'd love to do a wall map, but I don't have an extra wall, the room I would love to have it in is full of books.
Don't forget my pin, it's pretty north at 68° 21' N but not as north as Terkina (And not nearly as exotic as Norway).
__________________
DisNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #1393
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!
 
DMGeurts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DON'T feed the children!
Posts: 7,733

Good morning everyone! No time for individual replies this morning... We all overslept and I am running out the door for work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today! Happy planning!

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #1394
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran
 
Pluto0809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Good morning everyone! No time for individual replies this morning... We all overslept and I am running out the door for work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today! Happy planning!

D~
It's always a bummer when you oversleep and have to rush around! I hope the rest of your day goes better.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #1395
sewmess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 820

Wow...looked through your rebuilding photo journal. We bought our house in 2006 too, but it's only about 30 years old, not 130! DH is an artist, not a builder, so a lot of what we'll need to do will be through contractors.

I completely missed the whole tree-skirt thing. We had some water damage in our basement a couple of years ago and our tree-shirt was destroyed. I whipped up a felt tree-shirt that year that we've been using since, and every time I mention wanting to make a real on, DH says, "That is a real tree skirt."

I actually have been prepping for sewing!! I laid out an applique which I hope to finish tonight and I would have finished a t-shirt re-con but I forgot to wash it. That's on the list for tonight too - at least the cutting part.

Hope the rest of your day wasn't as rushed as your morning!
__________________

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: