Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #1291
sewmess
DIS Veteran

I feel the "Surprise!!" co-pay pain. I've a prescription where, with my last insurance, the first co-pay was $100!! Luckily the organization changed insurance providers and now it's only $30...sigh.

Life does seem to seperate us from the sewing room WAY too much. Don't ask me about refridgerators, sleepless nights, bronchitis, computer viruses or HR issues...That's been my week. I've got a project sitting, half cut out, for like, 4 days.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #1292
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Ok I'm caught up again. * LOVE * your tree. We used to do the farm and cut down the tree thing and then it also starting getting really sparse and also EXPENSIVE! While it was a nice tradition for a while, now we just visit the tree farm ONLY to see Santa because they have a GREAT one there. He sits up in his sled, no battling mall waiting lines and I can take my own photos and video without paying an arm and a leg! Then we buy a tree at the local hardware store usually!

Thanks for the well wishes. For the most part we are on the mend in our house. I'm dealing with the lingering congestion and so is DH and the kids for the most part seem fine. Maybe the occasional cough. Right now it's a bit crazy at our house though...I'll update my TR next with a personal update on all that jazz though and not hijack yours!!!

The past:* Sep/Oct '13 DCL WONDER* Aug '13:Disneyland *Jan '13: POP/SSR * Nov '12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV *Jun '12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun '11:BLT * Dec '09:SSR * May '09:BC&AKV * Oct '08:BCV DINING REPORT * Jun '08:POP * Nov. '07:OKW&SSR * Oct '06:AKL * Jan '06:CR * Feb '04:BDWLK * Oct '03:POLY * Sep '01:CR * Oct '99:POR * Feb '97:ASM
kittylady1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #1293
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
Glad Alli is feeling better. I have to say our Prescription plan is really good still.

Can't wait to see your latest project.
LOL I can't wait to see it eithe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
I can't wait to see it either
LOL - I bet you can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
No more trips to Rochester in our future. We used to be there the last weekend in December for a huge high school wrestling tournament with our youngest.

An glad Ali is feeling better, and thank God for good insurance.
I agree - I am so glad we have good insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
happy Alli is feeling better! ouch on the med $$ yay for ins!
enjoy your day at work and a good lunch!
Thanks Lisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Hope Alli is feeling better today, D~! I bet it was nice to have that mom/daughter time. I always enjoy having some one on one time with my girls. It doens't happen very often, but it's nice when it does.
Yah - I do enjoy having one on one time with them, unfortunately - it seems like Alli gets it more than V does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
I'm glad Alli is feeling better. Can't wait to see another bag from you
Thanks! Yah - I can't wait to finish it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
I feel the "Surprise!!" co-pay pain. I've a prescription where, with my last insurance, the first co-pay was $100!! Luckily the organization changed insurance providers and now it's only $30...sigh.

Life does seem to seperate us from the sewing room WAY too much. Don't ask me about refridgerators, sleepless nights, bronchitis, computer viruses or HR issues...That's been my week. I've got a project sitting, half cut out, for like, 4 days.
Ouch - that is a sucky co-pay. Glad it's down a bit now.

Oh no - your week sounds awful! I hope it got better for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Ok I'm caught up again. * LOVE * your tree. We used to do the farm and cut down the tree thing and then it also starting getting really sparse and also EXPENSIVE! While it was a nice tradition for a while, now we just visit the tree farm ONLY to see Santa because they have a GREAT one there. He sits up in his sled, no battling mall waiting lines and I can take my own photos and video without paying an arm and a leg! Then we buy a tree at the local hardware store usually!

Thanks for the well wishes. For the most part we are on the mend in our house. I'm dealing with the lingering congestion and so is DH and the kids for the most part seem fine. Maybe the occasional cough. Right now it's a bit crazy at our house though...I'll update my TR next with a personal update on all that jazz though and not hijack yours!!!
Yah - I wouldn't be surprised if we do the same thing next year... Before we moved here, we used to buy from the local home improvement store - and WOW - they are sooo much cheaper.

I am glad you are feeling better - it too bad that you all got sick right after your trip.

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday, I had planned on it, and then I got sidetracked.

Alli was up all night the previous night... She ended up with a very bad stomach flu. I suspect it was provoked by her flu shot? I tried to look up the side effects on the CDC website, and the flu isn't one of them... but she definately had something going on. I have not seen her that sick in several years. Poor thing. She was starting to feel a bit better last night, and she says she is feeling better this morning "but not quite awake yet to determine for sure". HOpefully she is better, because that was rough.

I did run to town yesterday morning, as I had a coffee date with a friend. We chatted for about an hour, then I came back home to Alli.

I spent the day in my sewing room. I managed to finish the front applique, and the back applique - and believe it or not, I also started some of the assembly. I am very happy that I was able to get so much accomplished. I hope to work up there again for a couple of hours today, and maybe a couple tomorrow. I really want to have this bag wrapped up by the end of the weekend - still not sure it will happen though. The hardest and longest part is the very last step.

I am not sure, but I think Josh and I may venture out and try to find the other piece to his Dad's Christmas gift. Unfortunately - it would be located at the MOA... As a hard and fast rule - I don't go to the MOA on weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas - and I especially don't go there with Josh... Those crowds are not good for him. So, we will se how adventurous he is? If we can get there right away at opening, and get out, we might be OK. But Josh is still in bed - so that doesn't look like it will happen either.

MM did receive a surprise in the mail the other day... Wendy (gosh her Dis name slips me right now) picked up an Eeyore for Max... He was so excited to get it. I took a picture of him, and he was just a happy little guy. About an hour later - we noticed that Eeyore was missing an ear already (Eeyore does not have small ears, mind you). I searched the office and the ear was no where to be found. So, I put Eeyore on a high shelf, until MM learns not to eat his Eeyores. This morning, I woke to a large pile of "something questionable" (ahem - vomit) on my office floor... Then I noticed the pink of Eeyore's ear in the pile... Yup - I found it...

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #1294
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

Eyeore may be on that shelf for a long time!

My dog is 11 1/2 years old and still is a shredder of his "babies"...usually eyes and nose first then ears and limbs then the sqeaker and stuffing...soon we are left with an empty carcass that he carries around......but he LOVES his babies!

Lynn
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #1295
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hope Alli is feeling better....the flu shot won't make her have the stomach flu...totally different type of Flu...

MM is a naughty boy...bummer about the ear and the after effect

and finally photos of megan's room

Last edited by mommy2mrb; 12-01-2012 at 01:19 PM.
mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #1296
DisneyTeacher01
Mouseketeer

LOVE

the colors of the room!!!

Great Job!

~Jennifer

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post51079465

2014~All Star Sports (I'm finally going back!!!)
2010~One Day only
2005~All Star Movies
2004~All Star Movies
2001~WDW College Program
1996~Off Site
DisneyTeacher01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #1297
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Wow! Finally caught up after being off for a week! Love the new tree. Glad MM is leaving it alone. When I still had my dog Bear and we'd get a live tree I had to make sure to check the water 2 - 3 times a day because he would drink the water from there instead of his water bowl that would be full!!

Hope the shopping trip went well this weekend if you were able to make it.

Glad that it sounds like Allie is feeling better. How are things at school for her?

Hope you were able to finish your new bag on time. Can't wait to see pictures of it.

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:57 AM   #1298
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Any one at WDW now or going soon ?

Just thought I'd tell you on authority of the electricians at the
site the Test Track construction wall is coming down tomorrow and
it will open as scheduled on the 6 th !
Old 12-02-2012, 06:45 AM   #1299
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Megans' Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher01 View Post
LOVE

Great Job!

~Jennifer
Love the room too but I have to say the colors made my
Disney heart a happy glow Iimmediately thought of Sully & Mike !
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #1300
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
Eyeore may be on that shelf for a long time!

My dog is 11 1/2 years old and still is a shredder of his "babies"...usually eyes and nose first then ears and limbs then the sqeaker and stuffing...soon we are left with an empty carcass that he carries around......but he LOVES his babies!

Lynn
Yah - poor Eeyore... If he only knew he would be relegated to a life on the shelf and missing an ear... Poor guy.

Ruf did that too -but he usually took his time and enjoyed his "woobies" for a few weeks - then he destroyed them.

Max seems to think that Woobies are meant to be destroyed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hope Alli is feeling better....the flu shot won't make her have the stomach flu...totally different type of Flu...

MM is a naughty boy...bummer about the ear and the after effect

and finally photos of megan's room

Thanks for sharing these here Lisa - I love how Megan's room turned out! It looks so professionally done and the perfect teen room! I just love it! So, did she choose the colors, or did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher01 View Post
LOVE

Great Job!

~Jennifer
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Wow! Finally caught up after being off for a week! Love the new tree. Glad MM is leaving it alone. When I still had my dog Bear and we'd get a live tree I had to make sure to check the water 2 - 3 times a day because he would drink the water from there instead of his water bowl that would be full!!

Hope the shopping trip went well this weekend if you were able to make it.

Glad that it sounds like Allie is feeling better. How are things at school for her?

Hope you were able to finish your new bag on time. Can't wait to see pictures of it.
LOL - MM hasn't touched the tree water yet.

Thanks for asking about Alli, things at school seem to be going fine. She is just now finally catching up after the 4.5 days I pulled her out - which is very frustrating, because all of these teachers promised to send ALL of her work via email - and they didn't. But we didn't know that until after she went back. Then, on top of that - she missed 2 days this week from shots/being sick... It's a rough start to the school year.

The school itself seems to have rebounded quite well. Which I am very happy about. Thank God - is about all I can say - it was so scary there for a while. Hopefully everything continues to progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
That is awesome Ruth... I know someone who is there right now, and her son would be thrilled if it was running before they left - but I am not sure that will be the case. I know they are planning another trip though. Thanks so much for letting us know.

Quote:
Love the room too but I have to say the colors made my
Disney heart a happy glow Iimmediately thought of Sully & Mike !
LOL Yes, they do.

I worked in my sewing room all morning yesterday. I managed to completely assemble the exterior, and I am almost done assembling the interior - one more pesky thing to do. Then I have to put them together and do that "last step" - which might take me several hours. I hope to have it done today though. Although, photos won't be posted until tomorrow though, I know that for sure.

Then... Josh wanted to do some Christmas shopping yesterday... So, V and I went with him... He drug us from store to store, mall to mall... We were gone for about 5 hours and didn't purchase one. single. thing. LOL So, we stopped by home to pick up Allison - and Josh took us out for Chinese for dinner - he was going to take us to a movie too, but as we were in Walmart (gasp) - we realized that we still had 2 hours to kill before the movie started, and nothing to do. So, we opted to buy a movie, bring it home, pop some popcorn... We'll go back today to watch the matinee of the movie we were going to see yesterday.

I am trying to work on ordering fabric for a project I would like to work on in the coming year... For those of you that haven't heard yet... BIG NEWS!!!! Josh's brother (Brian) and his wife (Myrthe) are expecting their first baby in June!!! We are all so excited - as this will be the very first true "first cousin" for the girls... they have been the only grand children (both sides of the family) their whole lives! Unfortunately, Brian and Myrthe live so far away (The Netherlands) - we won't get to see the baby much... but I have dreams of making many (MANY) baby items in the near future... Most especially - a baby blanket from America... A diaper bag for Mom... And the above project - a set of Christmas stockings for the new family - we recieved a set the year Alli was born, and we have used it every year... It was a really great gift. So, I have been trying to find "the perfect fabrics" for this project.

OK - I better get a move on today... I have lots to get done! Josh just yelled out the "four hour warning" for leaving. Have a wonderful day everyone!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #1301
cogero
DIS Veteran

Wow you have been busy. Congrats on becoming an auntie. My kids only have cousins on my side of the family. Gs brothers have no children.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #1302
solana131
DIS Veteran

How exciting to become an Aunt! And what a lucky little girl to be your niece...she is gonna be showered in fun D~ Stuff her whole life!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #1303
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Congratulation on becoming an aunt

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #1304
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Congratulations on the new little addition to the family

Megan has two boy cousins on my side and one boy, one girl on Jim's side.

thanks for the room love! the colors where choosen from the existing bedding she had, the green is actually a bit more apple green than the photo shows...told her she'd better love them as I wasn't going to be painting again for a LONG time

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #1305
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great news! We arrive in the World on the 6th.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: