Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #1276
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Talking Ruths & Ruthie

so if i typ really fast this post should be right
underneath one of the Ruths and this is Ruthie
hopefully D & anyone else interested can then keep the 'players'
straightd

to answer your question D I have 2 Dds Francine
is 38 & the USMC referred to in my sig & Jenny is 36 what
can I say it was the 1970's

good luck at dermatologist...the dick !

Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #1277
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Your shopping day sounds as if it was quite successful. And I love your tree. I can't remember the last time we had a live tree. Red Lobster, in general, has gone down in quality I have found.
I don't think we have every done a fake tree? Maybe later in life? In our old house, the aroma of the live tree filled the house every holiday season. I am not sure why, but in this house, I can never smell it... Kind of annoying. I think it has to do with the fact that our old house had really high ceilings and the whole floor plan was very open - this house, the ceilings are quite low (comparitively) and the livingroom is very closed off from the rest of the house.

I would have to agree with you about Red Lobster... Although, yesterday at the MOA, we ate at Bubba Gump - and that was VERY good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post

D~ sounds like your family had a nice Thanksgiving and a busy weekend. I'm glad your BF shift at Target was not too crazy. All your Girls Only shopping trips sound like fun. MM's stocking looks great and I love the "M" on it. Your tree looks very nice - I think last year was the first year I put non-paper ornaments towards the bottom of the tree. Curtis tends to take the ornaments off the tree to look at them.
Hi Liz! Thank you! LoL about Curtis... My girls still do that.

Quote:
:I have done NO Christmas shopping this year. I'm kind of at a loss for what to get the kids this year. I have no good ideas.
I wish I could help you out with that... What are their ages again? I always enjoy spending other's $$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEs*Mommy View Post
Look at you tree decorated and even have wrapped gifts under! We are so slacking this year lol. We have our tree up and lights on it ha ha.
LOL - it's not as good as you think... All of the gifts under the tree are from Josh's dad, they left them at the lake for us when they were there this summer. They didn't think they would make it home again for Christmas - so we have had them for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Yeah for no cavities! Sorry she can't enjoy the turkey pies, although I understand...I can't eat large quantities of turkey because it makes me sick.
Yah - we are done with turkey leftovers now... Ate the last of them last night.

Quote:
So, is your Doctor the dick or the dermatologist the dick? I just got a little confused.
OK - so I read this while I was sitting in the Dr.s office with Alli, and I nearly died! Our Dr. is very nice - very, very nice. Our dermatologist is the Dick... And yup - she referred us back to the derm, however, I protested and she told me they would find us a different derm - which they did. We go in 2 weeks.

Quote:
I've got so much to do for Christmas...and what did I do yesterday instead of working on it? Pilates. Well, kind of half pilates until the dog decided he was hungry and came and laid on me.
OMG Ruth... You nearly had me in hysterics yesterday, and again this morning. LOL I can totally see this happening to me.

Quote:
All these Ruths following you makes me remember a great story from my babysitting days. The boys I sat with regularly were watching Rugrats and one of them turned around and said, "Hey! Tommy doesn't have a babysitter!" The title of the episode was "Ruthless Tommy."
LOL

Quote:
Looking forward to more Christmas excitement and baglike goodies.

Ruth
I am hoping to have more bag like goodies this weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
so if i typ really fast this post should be right
underneath one of the Ruths and this is Ruthie
hopefully D & anyone else interested can then keep the 'players'
straightd
By default, everyone that follows my PTR/TRs are now named Ruth/Ruthie. That way, I won't get confused at all.

Quote:
to answer your question D I have 2 Dds Francine
is 38 & the USMC referred to in my sig & Jenny is 36 what
can I say it was the 1970's
I hear that a lot - I was born in the 70's, so I don't remember much.

Quote:
good luck at dermatologist...the dick !
OMG!!! THis had my LOLing too...

As usual, everything in my life is crazy... I can have the best laid out plans, and they never work out right.

So, just as I was ready to walk out the door for shopping at the MOA yesterday. Josh calls from work... He forgot both phones, his keys and his laptop. Since the hospital is right across the highway/airport from the MOA - he asked kindly if I would drop them off "on my way".... I am a good wife, I saw it as an adventure.

I wound up at the MOA just at opening, so I got a great parking spot. My philosophy, when going there, is that I park in the same ramp every time, and I drive straight to one of the top floors - I always get a great parking spot.

My Aunt and Cousin were still about 40 miles away...

I took this opportunity to take a picture of the rotunda... They have a light show here that plays approx every 15 minutes.

Also, the part you see in the picture is about 1/8th of the mall... There is another ideantical hallway behind me, and four more of those that create the whole mall, with the theme park in the center.

So, I headed to Sears to check out their Lands End section (if you haven't noticed, I've really been loving LE lately)... They had an amazing sale going on. I managed to snag myself 2 long sleeved tees and a fleece half zip sweatshirt, for more than half off.

Just as I was finishing up, my family texted me that they were there, and told me to meet them at The Disney Store.

Perfect... So, just to give you a little perspective.... Sears is on a corner of the mall... I was on the 2nd floor... TDS is on the first floor, opposite side of the mall... So, I booked it. Only to get there, and find out they wanted Cinnabon for breakfast - which is right outside of Sears... So, we walked all the waaaaaay back... Only to find out that it was so close to lunch - and I had to leave early - so we decided to eat lunch... Which was on the 3rd floor, directly above TDS. I criss-crossed the MOA 3 times in less than 10 minutes...

It was a lot of fun though, we had a good time.

Then it was off to Alli's Dr. appt. She had a good appt - everything is normal.

Stopped at the grocery store to get her meds - found out they don't stock them, so they will be there today.

Which means another trip to town this afternoon.

Fun, fun...

So, I better get up to my sewing room and get something done today while I can.

Have a great day all!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 AM   #1278
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a busy day. Although we've been to Rochester, Minnesota three times, we never found the time to drive to MOA.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #1279
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

You are one busy lady! As the third Ruth I also have three kids born in the 70s. Carrie (40), Jason(37) and Jeremy ( Jody 34). Yes names from that era! I also have a bonus baby Emily (20) away at school. We Ruth's are busy! Have a great day!
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:07 AM   #1280
Terkina
DIS Veteran

sounds like you have busy days. Take care of yourself and don't stress yourself out

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #1281
babynala
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing that neat picture. I guess you worked up quite an appetite for lunch and got your exercise for the week all in 10 minutes.

Glad Alli had a good doctor's appointment.

Hope you have a good day sewing today.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #1282
solana131
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing all those tidbits about MOA. I hope to make it out there someday soon I have tried to plan a trip out there for my birthday (early June) every year for the past 10 or so, but it has never come together. Maybe this year will be my year...

Yikes! That's alot of walking....at least you could have lunch without feeling guilty about all the calories because you just crisscrossed the MOA 4 times That's like running a marathon, right?

Glad everything is looking good for Alli.

Sorry I haven't been commenting alot, rest assured...I have seen every single post from my phone, just a PIA to comment from it

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #1283
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
You are one busy lady! As the third Ruth I also have three kids born in the 70s. Carrie (40), Jason(37) and Jeremy ( Jody 34). Yes names from that era! I also have a bonus baby Emily (20) away at school. We Ruth's are busy! Have a great day!
I would be a kid born in the 70s, and would be classified a "bonus baby" as my closest sibling is 9 years older than I. I have no kids, but I do have a full time job with 8 direct reports.

I miss going to real malls at Christmas...they're so much cosier than the "malls" we have here - strip mall "shopping Centers." All outdoors and stuff. Blah.

Here's rooting for a good day in the sewing room. I actually got a couple of projects cut last night before I gave myself an astma attack. I'm my own worse enemy.

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #1284
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sounds like a busy day. Although we've been to Rochester, Minnesota three times, we never found the time to drive to MOA.
Well, if you ever make it to Rochester again - let me know... It's about a 45 min drive for me and I would love to meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
LOL - I love hearing about all of "my Ruths"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
sounds like you have busy days. Take care of yourself and don't stress yourself out
Ahhh... No stress here at all - seriously. LOL Coming into my home stretch before Christmas, and only 2 more bags to go until my holiday "break" - which is more like... "sewing like mad for my family". LOL

Quote:
Thanks for sharing that neat picture. I guess you worked up quite an appetite for lunch and got your exercise for the week all in 10 minutes.

Glad Alli had a good doctor's appointment.

Hope you have a good day sewing today.
Yup. Thank you - I hope you have a great day too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Thanks for sharing all those tidbits about MOA. I hope to make it out there someday soon I have tried to plan a trip out there for my birthday (early June) every year for the past 10 or so, but it has never come together. Maybe this year will be my year...

Yikes! That's alot of walking....at least you could have lunch without feeling guilty about all the calories because you just crisscrossed the MOA 4 times That's like running a marathon, right?

Glad everything is looking good for Alli.

Sorry I haven't been commenting alot, rest assured...I have seen every single post from my phone, just a PIA to comment from it
I hope you make it out here too... I'd be happy to give you the grand tour. Just know ahead of time - Cinnabon is across the mall from TDS.

Yes, sort of like running a marathon.

It's OK - I know you are still around. When I get worried, I just stalk you on FB.

Quote:
I would be a kid born in the 70s, and would be classified a "bonus baby" as my closest sibling is 9 years older than I. I have no kids, but I do have a full time job with 8 direct reports.

I miss going to real malls at Christmas...they're so much cosier than the "malls" we have here - strip mall "shopping Centers." All outdoors and stuff. Blah.

Here's rooting for a good day in the sewing room. I actually got a couple of projects cut last night before I gave myself an astma attack. I'm my own worse enemy.
LOL Ruth... So, I have 1 Ruth with a bonus baby (we call them a caboose) and I have 1 Ruth that IS a bonus baby. Interesting...

I had a sort-of decent day in my sewing room... If you'd call it that. I got up there early and started drawing out my applique... Right as I was finishing - I got a call from the school nurse - Alli was feeling "woosy" from her shots. ACK! So, I had to go to town to get her early.

While we were in town, I tried to pick up her psoriasis prescription, but they said it wouldn't be ready until 10... So, we had an hour to kill. What do you do when you have an hour to kill? But, go to Target, of course.

We killed a portion of an hour at Target, then we went to get pizzas for dinner (I knew with my morning off in the sewing room - I wouldn't have time to make dinner - because I'd be sewing all day)... Ran into a friend and chatted for a little bit.

Finally, Alli's prescription was ready... Thank God for good medical insurance! I about had a heart attack when our co-pay was $40... Then the pharmasist told me the price for the ointment with out insurance... $500+ OUCH!!! Yikes... This his her normal prescription, she's used it many times before - I know it's gone up considerably in price, because my co-pay used to be $25.

So, I came home and appliqued all day... I've managed to almost finish my front applique - I really wanted to have it done yesterday, but it just didn't happen.

Alli was feeling considerably better by dinner time.

I work at Target all day today... And because of our holiday hours - I have to be there an hour earlier than normal. The only good thing about that, is my shift is longer - so instead of a 5.5 hour shift where all I get all day long is a 15 min break (makes for a very LONG day)... I actually have a 6.5 hour shift, so I get a break and a lunch... Which makes my day soooo much easier. And, bonus, I can eat with out burning my mouth.

Tomorrow, the entire day will be devoted to finishing my front applique (I might try to sneak some of it in tonight after dinner) and completing my back applique, as well. I will have to work one day this weekend (not sure which day yet), so I can get started on the assembly. I have a feeling that I won't finish this bag until Monday.

So, I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #1285
cogero
DIS Veteran

Glad Alli is feeling better. I have to say our Prescription plan is really good still.

Can't wait to see your latest project.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #1286
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

I can't wait to see it either
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #1287
KatMark
DIS Veteran

No more trips to Rochester in our future. We used to be there the last weekend in December for a huge high school wrestling tournament with our youngest.

An glad Ali is feeling better, and thank God for good insurance.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #1288
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

happy Alli is feeling better! ouch on the med $$ yay for ins!
enjoy your day at work and a good lunch!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #1289
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Hope Alli is feeling better today, D~! I bet it was nice to have that mom/daughter time. I always enjoy having some one on one time with my girls. It doens't happen very often, but it's nice when it does.
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #1290
Terkina
DIS Veteran

I'm glad Alli is feeling better. Can't wait to see another bag from you

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: