Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #1966
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

That is the cutest baby quilt ever!!!!!

I'm so sorry about the coat and boots but even sorrier for kids that think it's ok to behave that way!!!!

I just spoke with RuthIE! She's having a very difficult time with pain and anxious about what life has in store for her, plz say an extra prayer! thanks
Restrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #1967
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hope the coat will show up!

the quilt is so cute and looks very soft and cuddley!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #1968
sewmess
DIS Veteran

RuthIE is still in my prayers.

The things that I think about teenagers who are, and parents who raise children to be, disrespectful to others is not DISboard friendly. It's absolutely the opposite of friendly...but (again on a lighter note) I hated teenagers when I WAS a teen.

The quilt turned out fuzzy! I mean fabulous!! I know what you mean about baby-quilt wrestling. I was "smart enough" to piece quilt the very first baby quilt I made. I haven't been brave enough to try another. I'd much rather make baby clothes or knit something.

Hope MOA trip was FUN!

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #1969
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Your baby quilt is awesome! And yes, it is a quilt regardless of whether its pieced or not. The only good thing about binding is that you know the quilt is nearly finished!

Have a great weekend and stay warm - we had 60 degree temps on Wednesday and snow today...
Iamthequeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #1970
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

Did the school not even deal with the person who they know took the boots? That stinks that they don't seem to be doing anything to help the situation! I was also wondering how a kid can come home/wear a new coat without the parents wondering about it. Espcially a North Face! Or maybe the person who took it has it on ebay already.

That quilt is fabulous!! Love the colors! They are going to absolutely love getting it. And you did it so quickly. I just know I'm going to have to make one now. It is tooooo cute!

Hope you had fun at MOA. My friend's memorial service was yesterday, which was a celebration of his life, so not too sad. That is until his little grandson got up to tell how his Grandpa was his hero. Not a dry eye! But after the service I went to a luncheon that a friend had to celebrate another friend's birthday and turned out to be a celebration of mine as well since we couldn't ever get together in November. So it was nice to go to something that I could laugh and enjoy great food and company after the memorial.

I wish I could do something to help RuthIE out somehow. Poor thing. It would come under the heading of workers comp, right? But oh the pain she is having. Must be excruciating. Even though i don't "know" her, my heart just really goes out to her. I will of course continue to pray for her.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #1971
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
OH MY! I miss a day or two and look at all I miss!

So sorry about RuthIE, she is definitely on my prayer list!

As for the school....This really rocks me! As you may know, two years ago, just before we left for Disney, my Special Needs son took a $100 bill to school. (he was told by the other kids he had to pay them to be his friend! They took turns each day 'being his friend'.)

We never saw that money again...the school said I could not 'accuse' the child that took it....because I only had my son's word that it was given to him! (I only wanted the mother to know that we NEEDED that money for our trip, and I was sure she 'noticed' her second grader suddenly had extra money!

The child's rights are paramount...if they are doing wrong! GRRR!

If my child came home from school with a pen that did not belong to them, I want to know why! I want to know where it came from....if it was bought, where the money came from...(yes, I am one of THOSE type of mothers!) If my child came home with a new COAT? Boy, there had better be a note from the person who 'gave' it to them as well as a receipt!

So sorry she is going through this...I know the feeling...you feel so violated (even if it is only "stuff"!) Loosing that sense of security is so sad....

I can't wait to see the quilt!

Nini
I remember that Nini... I was so angry for you too. It is just so frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Oh wow! I love the quilt.
Thanks Tink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
What a terrible story about the Uggs and the winter coat. How could somebody steal a kids shoes and jacket in such cold weather??? I hope that you are able to get the jacket back and I'm glad that you recovered the Uggs already.

My dd had her winter coat stolen when she was in first grade. She came home one really cold day without it. I figured she accidentally left it at school so we went back up there and combed through the school. I ended up replacing it. But several months later I noticed that one of the other kids in the class had a younger sister who was wearing Sara's coat. My Sara was so tiny that the coat fit on a much younger child.

So sorry that you have to go through the additional expense of buying another winter coat when you didn't expect to do that. Especially when you expected Alli to be able to wear it for a few years!

I just love your baby chenille quilt. It is awesome! I can just see the stripes and I love the car fabric on the back of the quilt.
Thanks Diane! Grrr... What an awful story for you too... I guess, my only other thought at this point, is that I hope it is keeping someone warm. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm sorry that Alli's coat hasn't "turned up" yet....that is just a sad statement on society. I blame the parents as much as the kids.

Continued prayers for Ruthie.

Love the baby quilt.

Have a great weekend if I don't get back here; I did one update yesterday and want to try to get another one done today.
I agree - I do blame the parents as much as I blame the kids.

Thanks for your prayers for RuthIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
That quilt is perfect! That chenille will be so soft and snuggly for baby boy!
Thanks! I just love how it turned out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Sorry to hear about the jacket.
What a great quilt! Lucky baby!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Ah the quilt is just precious!

Sorry the school is already wiping their hands of the whole incident. That's just sad but I'm sure not out of the ordinary unfortunately.
Thanks! I will do a school update below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
It's a shame that the school have washed their hands of the coat incident.

The quilt looks great
Thanks Lillian! I will do a school update below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Beautiful quilt!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Sorry that Alli didn't get her coat back.

The quilt is sooooo cute!
Thanks Ariana! I will do a school update below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrasz View Post
That is the cutest baby quilt ever!!!!!

I'm so sorry about the coat and boots but even sorrier for kids that think it's ok to behave that way!!!!

I just spoke with RuthIE! She's having a very difficult time with pain and anxious about what life has in store for her, plz say an extra prayer! thanks
Thank you Ruth! I totally agree - I will do a school update below.

Thank you for the RuthIE update as well, I did not get to talk or text her much yesterday, as I had a very busy day. She will continue to be in our prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hope the coat will show up!

the quilt is so cute and looks very soft and cuddley!
Thanks Lisa, I hope so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
RuthIE is still in my prayers.

The things that I think about teenagers who are, and parents who raise children to be, disrespectful to others is not DISboard friendly. It's absolutely the opposite of friendly...but (again on a lighter note) I hated teenagers when I WAS a teen.

The quilt turned out fuzzy! I mean fabulous!! I know what you mean about baby-quilt wrestling. I was "smart enough" to piece quilt the very first baby quilt I made. I haven't been brave enough to try another. I'd much rather make baby clothes or knit something.

Hope MOA trip was FUN!
Thanks Ruth! And I totally agree - people that don't teach their kids right from wrong are not people that I tend to associate with. Unfortunately - Allison does not enjoy very many of her peers, and I can't say that I blame her.

LOL I have to agree about the baby quilt - it was really fun to make, and I am glad that I made it - but it would definately have to be a VERY special baby for me to make another one. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
Your baby quilt is awesome! And yes, it is a quilt regardless of whether its pieced or not. The only good thing about binding is that you know the quilt is nearly finished!

Have a great weekend and stay warm - we had 60 degree temps on Wednesday and snow today...
Thanks! I am not sure that I know your first name??? But I feel like I should, because you post here so often... If you are comfortable sharing it (or perhaps you already have, and I've forgotten - which is likely) - I would love to try to remember it.

Hmmm... Sounds like you have some of our similar weather - well our similar March weather. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
Did the school not even deal with the person who they know took the boots? That stinks that they don't seem to be doing anything to help the situation! I was also wondering how a kid can come home/wear a new coat without the parents wondering about it. Espcially a North Face! Or maybe the person who took it has it on ebay already.

That quilt is fabulous!! Love the colors! They are going to absolutely love getting it. And you did it so quickly. I just know I'm going to have to make one now. It is tooooo cute!

Hope you had fun at MOA. My friend's memorial service was yesterday, which was a celebration of his life, so not too sad. That is until his little grandson got up to tell how his Grandpa was his hero. Not a dry eye! But after the service I went to a luncheon that a friend had to celebrate another friend's birthday and turned out to be a celebration of mine as well since we couldn't ever get together in November. So it was nice to go to something that I could laugh and enjoy great food and company after the memorial.

I wish I could do something to help RuthIE out somehow. Poor thing. It would come under the heading of workers comp, right? But oh the pain she is having. Must be excruciating. Even though i don't "know" her, my heart just really goes out to her. I will of course continue to pray for her.
Thanks Lois! I will do a school update below.

I am glad that your friend's memorial service turned out to be one of celebration. I am also glad that you were able to meet up with your friends - such fun!

I know - I just feel so helpless, I would love to do something to help out RuthIE - I just don't know what I can do?

RuthIE Update: Unfortunately, I don't have much to update about RuthIE - my day was so crazy yesterday, I didn't get much of a chance to talk to her or text her. I know her spirits are pretty low right now as she struggles with how she is going to take care of her animals and herself. Even though this falls under Workman's Comp - WC still does't cover her entire wage or any of her responsibilities to her animals... This is just a horrible situation for anyone to be in, and I feel so greatly for her.

I wish there was something I could do! Does anyone have any ideas? I know where RuthIE lives, and I would love to put her in touch with someone who may be willing to help her out with her animals (at least) -but I am not sure where to start or how to go about doing this with out infringing on her privacy. I do not know her address or anything personal like that, but I would like to try to help... As I would for any of my Dis family.

Alli's school update:

The first principal I was working with (the one who originally responded) washed her hands of the situation... I guess - how I understand it - each grade has their own principal (news to me???) and she is not Allison's??? She did give me the name of Allison's principal... So, I sent him an email yesterday morning to give him some of the background info.... At about Noon I received a phone call with an update.

So, Allison was called down to the Principal's office. They let her sit there and go through the security tapes herself. She told me (after she got home) that she was watching them for about 2 hours. I was quite shocked that they let her go through the tapes, but in a way - I was kind of happy that they did - because it kind of gave her some power in the situation. After about 2 hours, she finally found the girl on the tapes who was walking out of the locker room wearing the clothes and carrying the bag that was in the locker with her boots. The girl was also carrying an additional backpack that was not in that locker... So she had another locker that wasn't searched. Pretty sure her coat was in that backpack in the other locker.

Allison called me from the bathroom after she found the girl on the tapes... She was so excited!

So, the principal called the girl down to the office. The girl flat out denied everything. The principal also called some of her friends/team mates down to the office - none of them knew anything. So, he called the girl's parents - who also didn't notice anything. Right now - it seems we are back at square one.

Now... If this were me - as a parent, in this situation, and I got a call from the school saying that one of my girls did something like this... You can darn well bet that I would be questioning them, and very possibly searching their room that night looking for the coat. So, if her parents are parents that give a darn - it may still turn up. And let me tell you... If I was the parent, and I found the item among my girls' posessions... YOu can bet that we would be personally taking that item back to the person it belonged to, and personally apologizing - among other things... You know, grounding... Maybe some volunteer work... There would be consequences - and lots of them.

Ok - back to the story...

So, I told the principal that I wasn't just going to let this drop. I asked him - at what point do I get the police involved? And he told me that I was welcome to do that at any time, however they probably weren't going to do much. I realize this, but I would want to do it to maybe give Alli some of that power back that was taken from her - however - I think this is a decision that I am going to let Alli make. And I really just told the principal that to maybe get him to see that I was serious, and very angry. I also told the princpal that I expected to see some headway regarding this. He told me that he wasn't going to "falsely accuse" someone... However, C'mon... They have PICTURES of the locker with Alli's stolen Uggs and leg warmers in it - with the theif's coat and bag inside... They also have video of the theif walking out of the locker room, wearing those items, plus an additional backpack. Clearly... They KNOW who did it -and they have evidence.

Llike someone else told me (Nini - perhaps?) - there is only so much a school can do, and the Police have more rights. If anything - we could at least make sure that the girl knows this is serious and so are we.

Anyways, I think I am going to leave the decision up to Allison whether she want to take this higher or not, but I think I am going to encourage her to do so. The final point to this is NOT to get her jacket back (which I don't think we are going to), but to teach this girl that theft is not right. Because, at least, if we don't get the jacket back, we for sure have evidence that the took the Uggs in the first place... And why didn't she get punished for that??? Even though we got them back before she got away with them, that doesn't make it right. And at this point in time, she got away with that portion of it.

OK - so that is where we are at with this right now.

Yesterday, I went to the MOA to do a Dismeet with a Diser (mom2_3girls) I have been trying to coordinate a Dismeet with for quite some time. We initially met on the March 2012 trip planning thread, and we were actually planning to do a Dismeet on our AK day last year, because we were both there... And we actually had very close ADR times at Tusker House - but we just couldn't make it work. Once we returned home, we vowed to get together - but here we are almost a year later, finally meeting. We met at The Disney Store at the MOA, and Rachel and her dd were just so sweet! I am so glad that I got that chance to meet both of them. And, of course the photos to prove it happened...

After we did our Dismeet... My bff and I stopped at Bath and Body Works - they were having their hand soap sale... One of the few home items that I ever splurge on... I should be stocked up on hand soap for the next year.

Then, we hit Hollister... Diane told me that they were having their "70% off Redlines sale" Thanks for that info Diane... I totally stocked up... I got the girls a TON of tank tops... Ahem $2.97 each. And I got them each a couple of sweaters... Total spent was $60 and I got 16 items. Not bad... Honestly - I would love to go back and get more at that price, because my girls wear those tanks under everything... But sigh... I think we have enough.

The whole time we were there, I was on the look out for a new coat for Alli - but I am picky about their winter coats being warm enough (sigh and Grrrr) - I think I will be ordering a new one online.

After that - we hit Joanns... An in and out trip.

Then we began our grocery shopping...

At Target, with all of BFF's help on couponing - I saved 40% on my bill.

At Cub (our actual grocery store) - I only saved 30%... but I did have 2 amazing coupons which I have to share about. There was an in store non coupon special going on... But one box of Orville Reddenbacher popcorn for $3.89 and get one free. Then there was a coupon hanging on the display - buy ONE box and get 2 FREE 2 Liters of soda... So, for each box - you got 2 free. Then BFF had a manufacturer coupon for $1 off. So, for a grand total of $2.89, I got 2 boxes of Orville Reddenbacher popcorn and 4 2 liters of soda (name brand too). That was a fun deal to stumble upon... normally we don't get deals like that around here.

So that was fun... I think I will have BFF help me with my grocery shopping from now on, she is very good at it. And as long as I can stick to one or two stores, I am OK finding the deals... It's just the running from store to store (like we did for Thanksgiving) that drove me crazy, and I refuse to do.

So, today, I hope to get up to my sewing room... I would like to take a few hours to help V with her one order of Lanyards, just so that we can get them out the door. She has informed me that from now on, she will take requests for themes, but no more orders.... She is a bit overwhelmed, and doesn't like the pressure. Which I totally understand and I was a bit concerned about that happening.

Then, I hope to work on a little bit of baby stuff this weekend.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #1972
Terkina
DIS Veteran

A lot is happening at your side of the world. I hope Alli decides to go to the police. Even if she doesn't get her jacket back hopefully the girl will get a lesson.

How great that you got the DIS meet together.

It's so nice of you wanting to help RuthIE. I hope she gets someone to look after the animals.

Saving 30% in the grocery store is great. Better to save something than nothing

Have a wonderful weekend

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Terkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #1973
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thanks Diane! Grrr... What an awful story for you too... I guess, my only other thought at this point, is that I hope it is keeping someone warm. Sigh.

He told me that he wasn't going to "falsely accuse" someone... However, C'mon... They have PICTURES of the locker with Alli's stolen Uggs and leg warmers in it - with the theif's coat and bag inside... They also have video of the theif walking out of the locker room, wearing those items, plus an additional backpack. Clearly... They KNOW who did it -and they have evidence.

Then, we hit Hollister... Diane told me that they were having their "70% off Redlines sale" Thanks for that info Diane... I totally stocked up... I got the girls a TON of tank tops... Ahem $2.97 each. And I got them each a couple of sweaters... Total spent was $60 and I got 16 items. Not bad... Honestly - I would love to go back and get more at that price, because my girls wear those tanks under everything... But sigh... I think we have enough.
D~
When Sara's coat was stolen, she was little and it wasn't a super expensive coat but it also wasn't something we had planned to replace. Luckily for us it was about this time of year so I found another on a good clearance sale. It was like six months later when I saw the kid's younger sister wearing the first coat. And while I was still upset about it, I didn't say anything because the family that had it was a family that was struggling financially and the father had been hospitalized/lost his job. The school had done a food and clothing drive to help the family. I figured that Sara's coat may just have gotten mixed up in the clothing drive somehow. It was supposed to be a secret about who the food and clothing drive was for, but it was one of those things where everybody knows. Either way, that was a situation where the family really needed the coat. So in that way it is very different than what happened with Alli's coat. Alli's coat was taken because some girl saw the chance to take something valuable and attractive without having to work hard for it.

I hope that you can get the police to do something because I agree that it is absolutely clear that the girls stole the Uggs at the very least. If you got them back or not, it shouldn't matter. All that matter is that the girls tried to take them and there are pictures of of her with them. At the very least, it might be a wake up call for this girl. Right now she thinks she has gotten away with stealing the coat. That really stinks!

I'm glad that my Hollister tip helped you. I went to a third Hollister yesterday and bought a few more things for my girls. And most of it is summer stuff. And even funnier, I have my MIL going to a Hollister down in Florida to look for a jacket that we couldn't find in the right size up here. We saw it in two of the stores up here but it was too small and Sara really wants one for her trip to Europe. Luckily my MIL loves to go shopping and doesn't care if she is shopping for herself or for somebody else.

Sounds like you did great at the grocery stores yesterday. I've never gotten 40% off my grocery bill and your deal on the popcorn and sodas was awesome. Sounds like you'll need to do a movie night.

I hope that V can finish her lanyards and that you get your sewing done.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #1974
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Then we stopped at Joanns for a few things. I have yet to be able to find an online retailer that sells Gutermann thread in bulk - then I would NEVER have to take another trip to Joanns again. However, I did find some of the most adorable Minnie and Mickey black and white fabric... So, I did get some.

D~
Just an FYI....you can get Gutermann much much cheaper at http://www.wawak.com/products/catego...id/105/Thread/

Join their mailing list and they send you a coupon with their catalog that is good for $10 off your first order. And they send out monthly specials and every few months Guterman is on sale.

They also have fantastic prices on zippers.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #1975
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I am not sure that I know your first name??? But I feel like I should, because you post here so often... If you are comfortable sharing it (or perhaps you already have, and I've forgotten - which is likely) - I would love to try to remember it.

Hmmm... Sounds like you have some of our similar weather - well our similar March weather. LOL
My name is Terry. I'm not sure if I ever posted it or not. Though I might have used Tess - which is what all my quilting friends know me by!
Iamthequeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #1976
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hope the school will do some sort of repremand to the girl, so not right!

sounds like you had a fun day of shopping! and got some great deals!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #1977
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

A DIS meet! What fun. And she looks thrilled with her bag! If I ever talk hubby into a trip to MOA, I'll for sure see if we can do a meet.

I agree that the police need to be involved if Ali is comfortable with it. I think it's a good idea to let her make that call, even though as mother bears, we want to do it for them and try to make everything better. I honestly believe that everything Ali has had to go through this year will make her an even stronger individual and will serve her throughout life. You've got a great girl there who is learning to face the unpleasant part of life and not only survive but thrive. Good for her and good for you for allowing that!

My DD is amazing with coupons. I used them when the kids were all home, but don't use them much any more. I should do it, but just don't take the time. I think saving 30% on groceries is awesome. And the pop corn/soda savings...WOW!

Thanks for the heads up on BAth and Body Works. I always stock up on their hand soap when they are on sale. Guess I'll be going there today!

I just got a new desk for my sewing room. I had been using my youngest DD's desk from her room, but now that she has a home, she wanted it. I like to use a desk because I like to have a center drawer. It's just a thing for me. DH wanted to built something for me with countertops etc., but I wanted the desk. What can I say. It's whatever each person is comfortable with I guess. Long story short to say I am hoping to get down there today to get back to some projects. You really do inspire me on a daily basis!

As far as RuthIE is concerned, I was wondering if she belongs to a church where they would be able to help her out with whatever is needed. If she doesn't belong to a church, there may be one in her area that does helpful things as an outreach to their community. DH and I are part of this type of group in our church. When we are made aware of a need in the community, we go into action with whatever needs done. It's sometimes so hard to ask for help when we really need it. I feel RuthIE would be the first to help others when she could, so I really hope she find someone to help her through this time.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #1978
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the baby quilt!

I cannot believe that the the school is not going to reprimand the theif! It would be one thing if they did not have SECURITY TAPES of her with Alli's property on her body, but they do! At my son's school, that student would have been expelled (or at least suspended) had that happenned! (but then again it was not a public school, and they had a school policy that stated the consequences and they actually held the students to them!) I have a BIG problem with kids not being held responsible for their actions. By them not doing anything about it, they are telling her it is okay and she is getting ready for a life of crime. And I am with you...if it were MY child and I saw this happenning, I would probably be going a little ballistic on him...but then again, I know there are so many parents out there that are afraid to or are unwilling (lazy) to "parent" their children.

Sorry for the rant...just really ticks me off when I hear stuff like that...

Lynn
Old 02-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #1979
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I did not have time to update this morning, there's nothing exciting going on anyways... I will do replies tomorrow...

Anyways... I've been texting with RuthIE a bit this morning, and she asked me to put out an S.O.S.

If anyone lives in central Fl, and is willing to help her care for her animals - if you could please PM me... She has a LOT of red tape she is having to go through, and because of her injuries - it causes her great pain to care for her dogs and horse right now... She has contacted everyone she can possibly think of, and there just isn't anyone who can help her right now.

She has tried at her local church - and they don't have any resources that can help her. She has tried at her local humane society - but all they can do is sieze her animals...

Workmans comp does not cover her entire wage - even though that makes NO sense to me. And they do not cover the costs for her to hire someone to care for her animals.

So, if there is anyone out there that lives in that area, and is willing to help her out - even if it's only a one time thing, please send me a PM - I know she will take any and all help she can get right now.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #1980
Alysa
DIS Veteran

I wish we lived close by (22 hours by car - we tried). We love dogs and my daughter would pay to take care of a horse! She's been riding since she was 3. Prayers to Ruthie that someone can help soon.
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: