Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
CandyMakin2002
Earning My Ears

Is it silly...

...That I have been missing my job I had at Disneyland and then later at Disney World so much that I joined this app to live it through others?? Lol

I was a candy maker and baker at Disneyland and Downtown Disney in California from 2002-2003, then I was a baker at the Main Street bakery in the Magic Kingdom in Florida from 2003-2006. Now I am back living in Oregon and I am missing it like crazy. I want to nice back to California so I can make candy for the mouse again! ;-)

So I started this discussion to ask you all what your favorite Disneyland candy is?? Or caramel apple. My favorite to make was the apple pie apple!! So full of yummy goodness!! ;-) I loved making all of the treats and then seeing people enjoy them. I worked in the production kitchen, Main Street USA, and near the Winnie The Pooh attraction. ;-) I also for a short while worked at Marcelle's Confectionary at Downtown Disney!

Just hearing people's memories and favorites will give me a great fix! The year I spent as a cast member in California was better than any of the 3 years I spent in Florida! You get a much more personal touch in California! Even though the parks are smaller, taking the family to the Disneyland Resort is way better than the Florida Resorts! I cannot wait to hear your stories!! Thank you in advance for sharing!

~~~CandyMakin2002
CandyMakin2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
lana772
Disneyland Lover

Oh I LOVE all the treats!! I could hug you for making some of them!!!
We always try to get Tigger Tails and apples. The flavor of apple we get changes. I've never had the apple pie one. I'll have to get that next time.
I understand you missing the job. I often thought about how fun it would have been to work there when I was younger.
lana772 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

My favorite is the peanut brittle. DH and I buy at least one bag every trip. We think DLR peanut brittle tastes better than anyone else's. Don't know what makes it so good, but we like it best!

Better come down for a visit!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
Congo Queen
DLand Devotee Since 1966

My DH loves the English Toffee and I must say I never decline a piece when offered. My step-dad loves the fudge that comes in the rectangular foil mini-pan and so we always buy him a slab as a gift. You can tell all the confections are created by talented candy-makers using top quality ingredients - real butter, fresh nuts, etc. It's candy worth cheating on your diet for. I literally just got back from a visit to beautiful Oregon (left Ashland at 6:30am and was in the Bay Area by noon). Surely, you can sneak away for a few days to get in a visit to Disneyland.
Congo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

We love the Fudge Mallow squares, and try awfully hard to justify buying LOTS of them! We also love the Pretzel Rods with cashews, caramel, and milk chocolate! Our favorite apple was the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Caramel Apple--we've only ever seen it TWICE at the Parks!
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #6
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Well that sounded to be a very interesting and tasty job indeed! And thank you.

Granted I have not had an opportunity to date, so as to sample everything, but maybe one day? In the meantime, I do especially like the chocolate covered strawberries, peanut brittle (What is made on site, not shipped in) and of course, last but by no means least..... chocolate covered caramel apples.

Maybe you can work at DL again? Why not I say. Until that might become the case, I hope that you will be able to visit very soon. Southwest Airlines offers wonderful promotions often. So definitely keep an eye open for those opportunities. Normally specials/promotions are released on a Tuesday. Why that day? I have no idea, I just know what I was told by a Southwest Airlines Customer Service Rep.

Now if you still make all of those wonderful confections, really please do mail me a chocolate covered caramel apple. After all it is more than just a tag line, it is a request.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

I am forever in love with the apple pie apple, and then the pumpkin spice brittle was to die for. I've been going through withdrawals of the holiday season when I was working in Trolley Treats and the smell from making the brittle was just filling our entire store (well, mostly behind the candy counter).

Oh, and pineapple skewers!!

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
BirdsSingWords
...and the Flowers Croon

I just love to get a dark chocolate covered strawberry when I'm in DL. Nowhere else in the world can you find them made with such huge, perfectly ripe strawberries. Yum!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: