Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #3136
lovingeire
DIS Veteran
 
lovingeire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 742

Put in our room requests for our stay in Aug! We booked a Woods View bunk bed room and requested a high floor and Otter Pond. I would love to see the castle from our room...and if we saw an odd monorail my 2 year old would flip out! He is obsessed! When you ask him what he wants to do for his birthday he will tell you, "ride the monorail at Disney World"!
__________________
Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (3) DS (4 months)



DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #3137
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
And we're so glad you did....because nobody does it better!!
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #3138
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
Put in our room requests for our stay in Aug! We booked a Woods View bunk bed room and requested a high floor and Otter Pond. I would love to see the castle from our room...and if we saw an odd monorail my 2 year old would flip out! He is obsessed! When you ask him what he wants to do for his birthday he will tell you, "ride the monorail at Disney World"!
Sounds great. You should take DS over to the Contempo Cafe to watch the monorails and maybe get a cupcake - or two

(We miss each other by 3 days in July)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Couldn't do it without all you great WL/VWL DISers

(Just noticed in the Log that we miss each other by one day in July)

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 04-04-2013 at 11:03 AM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #3139
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,536

I remember in 2010 WL has 'special' photographers available where you could book a photo package with pics taken exclusively around WL for a very reasonable price.

I heard last year they were at other resorts but not WL.

Anyone know if they are at WL THIS year? ( I can't find who to call.)

__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #3140
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
I remember in 2010 WL has 'special' photographers available where you could book a photo package with pics taken exclusively around WL for a very reasonable price.

I heard last year they were at other resorts but not WL.

Anyone know if they are at WL THIS year? ( I can't find who to call.)

Since you're staying CL, just email or call the IPO and they will find out for you.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #3141
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sounds great. You should take DS over to the Contempo Cafe to watch the monorails and maybe get a cupcake - or two

(We miss each other by 3 days in July)


Couldn't do it without all you great WL/VWL DISers

(Just noticed in the Log that we miss each other by one day in July)
Really!!?!?!?
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #3142
cmdg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sounds great. You should take DS over to the Contempo Cafe to watch the monorails and maybe get a cupcake - or two
We are going to spend at least one afternoon doing this!
__________________
2005 SSR, 2006 VWL, 2007 VWL, 2008 Poly honeymoon, 2009 CL Deluxe Room WL anniversary trip, 2013... first family vacation
cmdg is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #3143
Lucys dad
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 84

Concierge Level

We have now stayed at WL for our last 2 visits and having stayed at a number of resorts over the years have decided this is the one for us. Our next visit will be the last week of May first week of June 2014. Coming from Scotland we stay for at least 14 nights. Would love to try Concierge level but 14 nights CL is a little excessive. After booking a 14 night vacation would it be possible to perhaps upgrade for a couple of nights to CL during my stay, perhaps for a weekend ? Not looking to change rooms just pay the extra to use the CL facilities. Would there be scope to do this ?

Also, for work reasons our vacation had always been the first 2 weeks in October so how will the crowds at WL and the parks compare to the end of May start of June.

Thanks folks
Lucys dad is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #3144
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"
 
Z28KatCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maine!!
Posts: 227

Put in my request to IPO today and the person who answered my email didn't know what they were talking about. I asked if they could book the "Her Royal Highness" birthday celebration at CRT but she told me "CRT doesn't do makeovers that is at the BBB and you can reach them at......" She also told me that they don't have bottled water. Does anyone know I that is true? I asked about booking a golf tee time and pricing for club rental and she gave me the info to book it myself. I am going to try again and hope for a more helpful IPO CM.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
KatDH DD 7
You're going there, again? In the hottest mth of the yr? & With whom? ~July 2013 ~PTR


1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Z28KatCar is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #3145
Dr Ken
Don't want to "earn" my ears. I'm retired!
 
Dr Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Albion, RI
Posts: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28KatCar View Post
Put in my request to IPO today and the person who answered my email didn't know what they were talking about. I asked if they could book the "Her Royal Highness" birthday celebration at CRT but she told me "CRT doesn't do makeovers that is at the BBB and you can reach them at......" She also told me that they don't have bottled water. Does anyone know I that is true? I asked about booking a golf tee time and pricing for club rental and she gave me the info to book it myself. I am going to try again and hope for a more helpful IPO CM.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
They have Desani bottled water but sometimes they only have large glass bottles not plastic 1/2 liters.
__________________
- Dr Ken

Have enjoyed visiting 8 Disney theme parks (4 in FL, 2 in CA, 1 in Tokyo, and 1 in Paris)




Dr Ken is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #3146
Z28KatCar
"A wish is a dream your heart makes"
 
Z28KatCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maine!!
Posts: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ken View Post
They have Desani bottled water but sometimes they only have large glass bottles not plastic 1/2 liters.
Thank you!!
__________________
KatDH DD 7
You're going there, again? In the hottest mth of the yr? & With whom? ~July 2013 ~PTR


1974-1992 off site 2x/yr!, 1989-1992 Participant in the Candlelight procession ,1995 ASMV, 1997 AS, 1999 POFQ, 2003 Day Trip, 2010~2 wks ASMo, 2013~2 wks WL CL
Z28KatCar is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #3147
lovingeire
DIS Veteran
 
lovingeire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 742

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sounds great. You should take DS over to the Contempo Cafe to watch the monorails and maybe get a cupcake - or two

(We miss each other by 3 days in July)
Mmmm...cupcakes! We have reservations at Chef Mickey's so I'm sure there will be some monorail riding and watching while we're there! But now I might have to squeeze in cupcakes at the Contempo too! I am really hoping to do the Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise from the Contemporary too on a down day, or our arrival day at the moment. I really need to add an extra day for everything we want to do! Too bad I can't extend enough for a meet up with the great WDWKOOK!
__________________
Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (3) DS (4 months)



DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #3148
andychris14
DIS Veteran
 
andychris14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: NY USA
Posts: 1,420

Hi, we have never stayed at the wildnerness lodge before and are planning on staying there in august. We have stayed at moderates and values. We are a family of 4, kids are 18 and 16. We will be using the buses. Can anyone please tell me what room/area I can request?
Any information regarding this hotel will be greatly appreciated.
thank you
__________________
countless day trips as a kid
October 1993-pre-children DTD(Travelodge)
Sept 1998- off site/Hilton Grand Vacation
May 2000- off site/Sheraton Vistana
August 2002-off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Port Orleans French Quarters
August 2005-Pop Century
August 2006-Off site/Sheraton Vistana Villages/universal
Disney Wonder
Pop Century
August 2010-Coronado Springs
August 2012-Coronado Springs
July/August 2013- Royal Pacific-Universal/Wilderness Lodge
andychris14 is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #3149
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Current Home of the Stanley Cup!!
Posts: 4,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychris14 View Post
Can anyone please tell me what room/area I can request?
Check out post #2 of this thread for very detailed descriptions, and pictures, of the different room types, views and locations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by andychris14 View Post
Any information regarding this hotel will be greatly appreciated.
thank you
Posts 1-10 are loaded with awesome, detailed information.
__________________
ME DW DS12

Last edited by dansdad; 04-05-2013 at 05:55 AM.
dansdad is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #3150
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucys dad View Post
We have now stayed at WL for our last 2 visits and having stayed at a number of resorts over the years have decided this is the one for us. Our next visit will be the last week of May first week of June 2014. Coming from Scotland we stay for at least 14 nights. Would love to try Concierge level but 14 nights CL is a little excessive. After booking a 14 night vacation would it be possible to perhaps upgrade for a couple of nights to CL during my stay, perhaps for a weekend ? Not looking to change rooms just pay the extra to use the CL facilities. Would there be scope to do this ?

Also, for work reasons our vacation had always been the first 2 weeks in October so how will the crowds at WL and the parks compare to the end of May start of June.

Thanks folks
Glad you have found your "home" . We love the WL as we've stayed there twice and had great trips both times. As far as CL, you would have to book a CL room as there is no way to book a regular/standard room and just pay for CL amenities. If you wouldn't mind moving, you can always book CL for a few nights at the beginning or end to give it a try. If you do that, I would book at the end of the trip rather than go from CL to a standard room. WL CL was our first CL stay and we loved it. The food offerings were great, the lounge had plenty of seating, and the CL CMs were top notch. If it's doable and you wouldn't mind changing rooms, I would definitely recommend trying CL.....you won't regret it .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: