Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
kahrani
Earning My Ears

AKL Savannah vs Arusha

When I look at the packages on the Disney US site it give me the option of a Savannah room or for slightly more an Arusha Savannah room. What is the difference between these two options? Are there different animals or something?

Thanks
kahrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
sndral
DIS Veteran

Arusha is the central savanna, you see it as you look out the back of the main lobby, sunset savanna is to the left and uzima savanna is to the right. There are different animals on each savanna, but anymore, generally the 'big' draws - giraffes and zebras are on all 3 (altho' uzima's zebras may now be replaced by donkeys - they move some of the animals around a bit.) To me, which savanna is less important than where on that savanna my room is (right above a waterhole being ideal, IMO) and how far up I am floor wise. I don't think it's worth it to pay more for Arusha view, but others do think so.
Here's the AKL picture thread - it'll give you a sense of various room views - just set aside a bit of time to browse through it.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1863944 Post 24 has a pix of a map, as well - which shows Jambo and each savanna.

Last edited by sndral; 05-15-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: add link
sndral is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

And one thing I learned when I posted basically the same question while I was planning our trip is that standard club level will give you an Arusha view. I think it was about $50-$75 more a night over the regular Arusha room. But staying club level came with the regular club benefits and enabled us to book the Sunrise Savanna -- which people seem to love. Good luck!
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykorf001 View Post
And one thing I learned when I posted basically the same question while I was planning our trip is that standard club level will give you an Arusha view. I think it was about $50-$75 more a night over the regular Arusha room. But staying club level came with the regular club benefits and enabled us to book the Sunrise Savanna -- which people seem to love. Good luck!
Rats. I meant book the Sunrise Safari.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
kahrani
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys! Will check out that picture thread
kahrani is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: