Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #31
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
We'll be there the weeks before you and have many of the same ADRs, so you must have excellent taste! (At least I hope so since this is our first time. ) We have WCC, Chefs, GF, and Sci-Fi as well. In fact I think other than Le Cellier, Cali Grill, and Kouzzina those were all of our non-kid choices.
I know what you mean about changing ADRs, too. I thought I had them settled at 180 days, then our flight came in the night before, so we had to add one which required moving another one, then we discovered the Tea Room, so we had to add one ... its a disease I tell you!
Congrats on completing chemo. DH is an oncology pharm tech, so he sees and tells me how difficult it is going through that.
I always say great minds eat alike! Sorry we will miss you guys. Please do a trip report so we know how great a trip you had. I see you did the Tea Room, we wanted to do that but just don't have time this trip. Maybe next time. That is the great thing about DVC, we know we will be back!

Thanks for the congrats but I was very lucky and got to skip the chemo. I only lost 1 lobe of my lung and as long as my scans come back negative then no chemo for me.
disney212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #32
disney212
DIS Veteran

Day 5...a little beach and a little candlelight...

Plan on getting up early and taking a drive to the beach to watch the sunrise! We saw it is about a 1 1/2 hour drive so not too bad that time of year. We have a 4:40 dinner (EARLY) at the Garden Grill as we have the Candlelight Processional that night. Our narrator has not been announced yet but it worked best for our schedule. Hope we get someone good! Since we were up so early we hope to head back and watch the electrical parade from our hotel. We will make it an early night. By this point we will be pretty worn out so an early night should do us good. We are not as young a we used to be.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #33
disney212
DIS Veteran

Wikshes or no wishes, that is the question...

I have mentioned booking the Wishes Dessert Party for DH & I as a surprise for him. I go from it being a "must do" to "meh, I wonder if it is worth it". This is our first time at Christmas so it thought it may be more magical somehow. We have not been to a dessert party before. Money is not an issue due to the fact we are using our Disney Visa rewards and we buy Disney Gift Cards each week at Kroger (love those fuel points) using our Disney Visa so we have a nice budget for eating out and extra's. I did think about doing the "behind the seeds" tour but think I may say that for our F&G trip in the spring. Does anyone have any advice? Is the party good, DH does love dessert and it is a "treat" we he gets it (gotta keep him healthy). Will it be a better experience at Christmas? We would not be sacrificing anything else to go to this. We always come back with leftover $ on our Gift Cards that we use for the next trip. HELP!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #34
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney212 View Post
I have mentioned booking the Wishes Dessert Party for DH & I as a surprise for him. I go from it being a "must do" to "meh, I wonder if it is worth it". This is our first time at Christmas so it thought it may be more magical somehow. We have not been to a dessert party before. Money is not an issue due to the fact we are using our Disney Visa rewards and we buy Disney Gift Cards each week at Kroger (love those fuel points) using our Disney Visa so we have a nice budget for eating out and extra's. I did think about doing the "behind the seeds" tour but think I may say that for our F&G trip in the spring. Does anyone have any advice? Is the party good, DH does love dessert and it is a "treat" we he gets it (gotta keep him healthy). Will it be a better experience at Christmas? We would not be sacrificing anything else to go to this. We always come back with leftover $ on our Gift Cards that we use for the next trip. HELP!
I haven't done it, since I haven't been yet, but I've heard nothing but fabulous things about it (if you're the type that loves dessert and hates fighting crowds to watch stuff).
I really wanted to book it but in our budget we could do either the Wishes Dessert Party or an IllumiNations cruise, and the IllumiNations cruise won.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #35
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't done it, since I haven't been yet, but I've heard nothing but fabulous things about it (if you're the type that loves dessert and hates fighting crowds to watch stuff).
I really wanted to book it but in our budget we could do either the Wishes Dessert Party or an IllumiNations cruise, and the IllumiNations cruise won.
I did think of the IllumiNations Cruise too but decided to wait until next October to do it with our adult kids. I was also concerned about the temp in December, we have been in late November and early February and would have frozen out on the water. We wore sweatshirts and jackets once the sun went down. When are you doing the cruise, I would love to hear about it.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #36
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
When are you doing the cruise, I would love to hear about it.
We booked for Dec 5th, our last night in the 2 bedroom before our party splits and we go down to a 1 bedroom. That was partly why we wanted to do it sooner, since my party sans children is already a pontoon half full. We filled the other half with DISsers on the find a cruise to share thread over on the Strategies>Community board.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #37
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We booked for Dec 5th, our last night in the 2 bedroom before our party splits and we go down to a 1 bedroom. That was partly why we wanted to do it sooner, since my party sans children is already a pontoon half full. We filled the other half with DISsers on the find a cruise to share thread over on the Strategies>Community board.
I completely understand wanting to get that in. I never thought about sharing with other DISers! What a fabulous idea, I will keep that in mind for next October. I am sooooo glad you posted that! You guys going back in October 2013
Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #38
disney212
DIS Veteran

Day 6...let's party!

We return our rental car this morning. After much discussion we decided (at least today ) that we will cancel the rest of the car reservations. After reading the threads here on holiday crowds and traffic and taking into account we will not be visiting AKV or DHS anymore on this trip we figured we would try it. If push comes to shove that is what taxi's are for. We plan on taking it easy this morning, eating a late breakfast in the room, maybe hitting the hot tub...ahhhh. We need to be at MK by 5:30 for our dinner reservation at the Plaza. Then on to our first MVMCP and we can't wait. We did MNSSHP last year and fell in love with that so much we are going back next year and taking the "kids"! We plan on shutting the place down. Maybe head back to the TOWL after for a nightcap then more sweet dreams as we have a big and busy day tomorrow. Thanks for reading along!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #39
disney212
DIS Veteran

Only 99 days left!!!!

No update on the trip today since we are busy celebrating only 99 days to go. I only think I love more than the double digit dance is the single digit dance!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #40
disney212
DIS Veteran

Day 7....still in Disney Magic Heaven!

Sorry it has been a few days since my last PTR detailed day report. Today is another EPCOT day! Always a favorite for us. I ended up moving a few of our ADR's around AGAIN! We had planned on eating at O'hana this day but with it being the Friday before Christmas I was worried about the crowds if we left the parks to eat at a hotel and then wanted to return. We moved our O'hana dinner to Tuesday and our ADR for lunch at Via Napoli to Tuesday too, didn't want 2 buffets in 1 day. So this day we have a lunch at Biergarten (our first time) and enjoy the Holidays Around the World Santa's. We plan on a light day with lots of stops, a little shopping, a little holiday beverage cheer and dinner ADR's at hubby's request of places to eat, Chefs deFrance. He loves their food. We have read awesome reviews and horrible reviews but we have always had a very good meal, great service and a nice atmosphere for our meals. If past trips are any indication we will roll ourselves back to our room anhe spend the rest of the evening digesting!

Only 2 days left in the trip..

Last edited by disney212; 09-13-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: added something
Old 09-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #41
disney212
DIS Veteran

Day 8, BOG & we hope our last full day at the parks is great &

This is our last full day in the parks. So we are hoping to make it extra fun. This day is also the Saturday before Christmas so we are planning on the parks being jammed pack. We plan on taking it easy in the morning. Have our coffee on the balcony maybe. Then off to MK. We have 2 ADR's this day as I was concerned about the crowds. We have an early lunch at 11:30 at LTT, we figure a nice holiday meal will get us in the Christmas spirit. We plan on doing a lot of people watching this day and maybe catching the holiday decorations one final time. We have a 7:30 pm ADR for BOG! We are so excited we got our first choice of date and time. One final time to TOWL lounge, maybe a final dip in the hot tub before our final slumber at BLT.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #42
disney212
DIS Veteran

Day 9, my last day home I will try not to whine

Our last morning waking up at "home". We plan on getting an early start this morning. We have to catch the ME back to MCO at noon. Still have not decided if we are going to try to an ADR for breakfast this morning. Figure we will take one final walkthrough of MK. Grab a snack before we head to the airport, and pick up a few last minute gifts since it is Christmas Eve Eve, hope that made sense. This brings the day by day play of this PTR to an end but I am sure I will continue to have updates as we near our departure. I just saw that WCC changed their menu and it doesn't look like there is much on there I can eat now.....Thanks for following along and I do plan on doing a "real" trip report once we return.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #43
disney212
DIS Veteran

Canceled WCC

Canceled our arrival night ADR's at WCC. Due to my Crohn's there wasn't much on the new dinner menu that I can eat. We are now thinking about going to DTD that night to pick up our AP's and TIW card. We may end up grabbing at bite at WP Express or maybe checkout Earl of Sandwich since folks on the boards seem to love it. Hope it is not too much like Panera. Don't get me wrong, I love Panera but we try to get things on vacation that we can't get a home. Only 74 more days!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #44
taaren

Quote:
Canceled our arrival night ADR's at WCC. Due to my Crohn's there wasn't much on the new dinner menu that I can eat. We are now thinking about going to DTD that night to pick up our AP's and TIW card. We may end up grabbing at bite at WP Express or maybe checkout Earl of Sandwich since folks on the boards seem to love it. Hope it is not too much like Panera. Don't get me wrong, I love Panera but we try to get things on vacation that we can't get a home. Only 74 more days!
No clue about Earl of Sandwich, but WP Express is on our must-do list. WP Express was pretty much our favorite meal in Vegas on our honeymoon, plus the one in Waikiki is delicious when we island hop, so I'm psyched about there being one in WDW! I thought about cancelling WCC but DH still wanted the skillet, in spite of the price, so I figure I'll go and enjoy an appetizer or two. Really for us its more about the antics anyways. Can see avoiding it if you have dietary restrictions that don't work well with the menu though.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #45
disney212
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No clue about Earl of Sandwich, but WP Express is on our must-do list. WP Express was pretty much our favorite meal in Vegas on our honeymoon, plus the one in Waikiki is delicious when we island hop, so I'm psyched about there being one in WDW! I thought about cancelling WCC but DH still wanted the skillet, in spite of the price, so I figure I'll go and enjoy an appetizer or two. Really for us its more about the antics anyways. Can see avoiding it if you have dietary restrictions that don't work well with the menu though.

We love it too. I know that is where we will end up! Be sure to let us know how the new skillet is. Maybe it the change isn't as much of an issue that I am making it out to be. I would love to hear a description.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: