Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #2551
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Hello all my lovely Diva ladies!

I've been putting off posting because it makes it "real"--but I have decided I am not going to be able to do the "trip" this year. As some of you know, I have been having some physical mobility issues since last Summer and although it's better, I just don't think I am up for four non-stop days of fun. So, I talked to Mel and made the decision that I am not going to attend this year--HOWEVER, I may try to make the Meet and Greet and the Mimi's breakfast (and maybe some other activities that aren't in the parks). I just don't know at this time how much I will be able to tolerate so don't want to get anyone's hopes up!

I hope you all have a fantastic time (I know you will) and will look forward to seeing pics of everyone in their Diva finery!

Love,

Cheryl
I was hoping to see you

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #2552
Belle1997
I married a beast and found my prince
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

Quote:

I've been putting off posting because it makes it "real"--but I have decided I am not going to be able to do the "trip" this year. As some of you know, I have been having some physical mobility issues since last Summer and although it's better, I just don't think I am up for four non-stop days of fun. So, I talked to Mel and made the decision that I am not going to attend this year--HOWEVER, I may try to make the Meet and Greet and the Mimi's breakfast (and maybe some other activities that aren't in the parks). I just don't know at this time how much I will be able to tolerate so don't want to get anyone's hopes up!

I hope you all have a fantastic time (I know you will) and will look forward to seeing pics of everyone in their Diva finery!

Love,

Cheryl
Hey Cheryl I was hoping to race you again. Do you not have a scooter anymore? I would be willing to help you rent one for at least a day. Sorry you are not making it this year. Was looking forward to seeing you again.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #2553
Belle1997
I married a beast and found my prince
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

If the spot is still open for Story tellers I would like to go.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #2554
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1997 View Post
Yes, there is room for you at Storytellers

Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #2555
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Cheryl, I am sorry that you can't make it, but I hope we still get to see you at some of the events. Looking forward to meeting you!

I have been making progress today! I bought my snacks and tiara (just a dollar store one) and started getting some things in the suitcase. I've made an appointment to get my nails done on Saturday, and even made a Diva siggy.

6 more days!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #2556
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley7580 View Post
gosh! I dont know if my body can handle sitting on the ground for 3 hours!
I'm used to it. I usually the one waiting for Fantasmic when I go with my family. If anyone wants to come join me later on, you can. Just don't wait too long because it gets so packed and then you cannot move between the people! lol

Quote:

Love,

Cheryl
I posted on FB, but we are going to miss you being there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1997 View Post
I'll add you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I have been making progress today! I bought my snacks and tiara (just a dollar store one) and started getting some things in the suitcase. I've made an appointment to get my nails done on Saturday, and even made a Diva siggy.

6 more days!!!
Love the siggy.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #2557
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

I have been keeping up with FB not so much here. I basically wanted to come see my ticker

Hi everyone

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #2558
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

This DIS Divas trip is something I would definately be interested in for next year!

When would a thread for next years trip start?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #2559
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
I have been keeping up with FB not so much here. I basically wanted to come see my ticker

Hi everyone
Hi, Michele! That is a might fine looking ticker you got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
This DIS Divas trip is something I would definately be interested in for next year!

When would a thread for next years trip start?
Hi, there!! There's still time, just come this year!!

The trip thread is essentially ongoing, but once we get back from this trip, we will start right in on the next one!
Basically, unless something major happens on this trip to change it, the dates will be the same time frame for next year. It's easier to have it set so people can plan far in advance. Anyone is welcome to join. There is a FAQ section on the first page of this thread that has a lot of good info in there.
If you have any other questions, let us know. We love to get new ladies to join the Disney fun!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #2560
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hi, there!! There's still time, just come this year!!

The trip thread is essentially ongoing, but once we get back from this trip, we will start right in on the next one!
Basically, unless something major happens on this trip to change it, the dates will be the same time frame for next year. It's easier to have it set so people can plan far in advance. Anyone is welcome to join. There is a FAQ section on the first page of this thread that has a lot of good info in there.
If you have any other questions, let us know. We love to get new ladies to join the Disney fun!
I wish I could make the trip next week

I read all the FAQs and it definately looks like fun and something I would love to do next year. I have never been to DL, so it would be all new to me.

I hope you all have a wonderful trip and I look forward to chatting with everyone and getting to know the 2014 Dis Divas
Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #2561
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I hope you all have a wonderful trip and I look forward to chatting with everyone and getting to know the 2014 Dis Divas
Sounds good! We look forward to getting to know you as well. It's really a great group of gals.
Oh, and keep an eye out for pics when we get back.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #2562
nwdisgal
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone! Just checking in. I can't believe our trip is this week. I am very excited.

Made the shuttle ressies today and just need to start packing. My Red Neck gift exchange stuff arrived in the mail.... Now just waiting for a Disney t-shirt to wear for Saturday and will be all set.

I am really looking forward to this trip. It has been a tough month.I haven't been on the DIS boards or FB much because there has been a lot going on. Unfortunately about three weeks ago my dear friend contracted viral encephalitis. She is a doctor and usually very healthy. It was very scary how suddenly it came on . She's been in the hospital since. She has given so much to healing people and helping her community. It is very upsetting to see her in this situation. Everyone has been rallying around her (all of our friends, her family etc), but it was a real wake up call for me that you really just have to enjoy every moment. I almost considered opting out of the trip and staying home, but I know my friend would want me to go on the trip and have a fun time. Thankfully with technology, I can keep in touch with her while I'm on the trip. Fortunately, she is getting better. She is through the worst part. It is just going to take a lot of time and pixie dust because this is such a devastating disease.

Anyway, focussing now on getting all the last minute stuff done for the trip. Looking forward to meeting everyone and to partying with you all. Now to the packing...
Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #2563
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

I'm still waiting for my redneck gifts to arrive, getting a little nervous about them, actually. And I still haven't found a lime green shirt. I might work on that this weekend.

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #2564
mommaU4

Pam, I am so sorry you've been going through so much lately. How scary for your friend. I don't know much about that disease, and I'm almost scared to look it up! Is it contagious?
I am glad to hear she's on the mend. And, I am glad you didn't cancel the trip. I'm sure she would not have wanted that for you, but you are a good friend to be so worried for her. Think of it this way, while you are at Disney, you can go shopping for something fun to bring back to cheer her up!

Heather, good luck with your lime green shirt hunt! Walmart had a bunch of bright colored womens tees, including bright green. Not sure if it was technically "lime" but you'll see that everyone has different shades of green on anyway.

Have a great Saturday, ladies!!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #2565
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

Okay, today I received my M&G outfit, which is a little tight, hope it doesn't shrink in the wash. But then again that might add to the redneck-edness (!) of it, huh? I also received half of my gift exchange gift, sure hope the rest gets here soon, or I'l have to find something to replace it at the last minute.

M&G outfit - check
M&G snack table item - check
M&G gift - half check
tiara - check
lime green shirt - shopping tomorrow
hot pink shirt - UPS delivering Monday
favorite Disney shirt - UPS delivering Monday
grey shirt - check
scavenger hunt outfit - check
Mickey Mouse pajamas and robe - check
door sign - yeah... need to get on that

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: