Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #2476
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....

Linda, what wine would you pair with road kill? I will join you!

Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
Old 02-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #2477
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I baked buffalo chicken strips and tater tots in the oven. And to add that special touch, I had celery and carrot sticks dipped in blue cheese dressing with it.
See, now THAT sounds good. Chicken strips and tater tots. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedoo View Post

At Disneyland now, weather is great! Have APs again. .
Yay for APs!
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #2478
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I am good with the road kill, but I might go for a girly fruity drink. Not a wine drinker.

Today has been a good day mostly. We almost bought a dog. We fell in love with a puppy over the weekend, but when we went back to get her on Monday, we were told she was adopted. I was heart broken. I just loved her. So I talked DH into making a visit there tonight, and she was there. Anyways, we were so close to getting her, but then our landlord changed his mind on letting us get a bigger dog (she was a shepherd mix). Sigh. So wish we had our own house right now!

Now we are about to sit down and watch some Greys and eat some junk food. This is no day for a diet!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #2479
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Isn't there a day of going to company D?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
Old 02-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #2480
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post

Cliff and I celebrated Valentines last night since he works tonight. I made him wine braised short ribs, au gratin potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts. It was super yummy (if I may brag ). Then we watched a movie and exchanged gifts. Today he's meeting me at work and taking me to lunch.

Like Beth said, we like to do things for each other randomly and not on specific holiday's because we feel it's more special that way. But we wanted to celebrate this years since it's our first "official" Valentines together. I'm just blessed to have found him!
Yes you are!

Your dinner sounds delish too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
I am getting rather tired of going to doctors and having to have test. Geesh I am feeling great, look fine from the outside but it seems I am always at a doctors appt and having test. I had a mamo in Oct and mentioned I felt a lump or mass under my arm but she never really got into the area I felt. So when I had my annual exam I mentioned it to my doctor. She also felt it and said it was best to see a breast surgeon. So the other day while in the shower I did my own exam as I do monthly except this time I found a lump on the other side. So while at the surgeons I told her about them and she found them too. So now I get to have another mamo and u/s on both. I have to wait until next week for test then go back to see her day before trip. I hate that I can't just go to the doctors and they say your doing great see you in a year.lol
Michele, been thinking and praying for you. Hopefully everything will come out good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Ahhh, Monday. You're here again. I hope everyone had a good weekend.
This is going to be a busy week. Just lots of "stuff" going on. The biggest is Adam is going go have surgery on Friday for his hernia. I am nervous, but I don't want to post that on Facebook. I don't want to worry him. But, I am trying not to think about it right now. I don't like the thought of him going under.
Anyway...
Beth, you and Adam are on my mind and prayer list today. Hoping that everything is going smoothly and that you are not a nervous wreck. Let us know as soon as possible how things are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Speaking of health problems. My daughter had a mammogram a couple weeks ago because she found a lump in her breast and it has been growing. Yesterday she had an appointment for a biopsy .

During her appointments I tried to keep cool for her sake because I know how nervous she was but inside I was freaked the heck out .

I keep trying to reassure myself that she's not even 16 yet so it's probably not breast cancer, but until I get the results, I'll be a nervous wreck. Ugh I feel the ulcers growing as I speak.
I must have missed this in my super fast reading this week. Sorry....
I don't blame you at all for being a wreck.
When will you get the results back from her biopsy?
Hugs and prayers to Adara and you!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #2481
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Well, we are done with the fundraiser. Whew!
Took in $190,000.00 this year.

Dave and I got home last night, showered and really didn't eat much. I had yogurt and granola. Wow!

Tonight we going out to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner, to make up for yesterday.

Debbie, Yay for APs. I'm renewing mine this trip.

Sarah, that is the pits. Who asked for time off first by the way? Somehow, that is just not fair!

Kerri, your dinner sounds good. I love chicken with lemon and spices. I have a favorite that is soooo simple. Stuff the chicken with half lemon, herbs and half garlic bulb. Rub the outside with olive oil and sprinkle on more fresh herbs. Just bake and it comes out so moist and flavorful.

Hi to everyone else!

In 2 weeks ladies, and I will be wining, dining and riding my silly self away with you all!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #2482
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
I baked buffalo chicken strips and tater tots in the oven. And to add that special touch, I had celery and carrot sticks dipped in blue cheese dressing with it.

But guess what? Two weeks from today I will be gulping a glass of wine eating road kill with 60 of my new (and old) BFF's!!!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.
wine and roadkill, sounds amazing!

Quote:
Happy valentines day ladies. .

At Disneyland now, weather is great! Have APs again. .

YAY for APs

Quote:

Yes, but we have to wait for the CM's to get their schedules so we can try to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post

Dave and I got home last night, showered and really didn't eat much. I had yogurt and granola. Wow!

Tonight we going out to our favorite Italian restaurant for dinner, to make up for yesterday.

Debbie, Yay for APs. I'm renewing mine this trip.

Sarah, that is the pits. Who asked for time off first by the way? Somehow, that is just not fair!

Kerri, your dinner sounds good. I love chicken with lemon and spices. I have a favorite that is soooo simple. Stuff the chicken with half lemon, herbs and half garlic bulb. Rub the outside with olive oil and sprinkle on more fresh herbs. Just bake and it comes out so moist and flavorful.

Hi to everyone else!

In 2 weeks ladies, and I will be wining, dining and riding my silly self away with you all!
Thanks, it was really good! One of my favorite ways to make chicken. Yours sounds amazing too, I have a whole chicken in the freezer, think I may need to pull it out and use it soon. That sounds so good!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 02-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #2483
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

It was a heartbreaking decision on the APs. I disagree w the huge price increase.....ugh. Disney empire also sucks us in.

I will keep an eye out for company D day. . Now with having APs I will be able to make an appearance. . Like the CMs with my company. We work ALL the time.

There are three classes of people: those who see, those who see when they are shown, those who do not see. Leonardo da Vinci
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #2484
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

So, good news and bad news.

Good news: I got a job! It's a temp job with Bank of America. The scheduling and pay is great and works well with my classes. I go in on Monday to officially get hired and Tuesday I have to go get fingerprinted.

Bad news: If I start right away, I won't be able to go to the meet at all. I work nights 4 - 9pm. I doubt they will start me next week because I still have to complete orientation and training.

But overall I'm extremely happy and relieved that FINALLY I have a job.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #2485
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello, ladies!! TGIF!

This morning was Adam's hernia repair surgery. I was nervous, but he did great! He's home resting and has some good drugs to help with any pain. Thanks for all the well wishes. Hopefully he will recover soon. There is no school on Mon and Tues so he's got a four day weekend to recover. Not sure if that will be enough. If not, we do have a doctor's note excusing him for up to a week. So, we'll see.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post

Today has been a good day mostly. We almost bought a dog. We fell in love with a puppy over the weekend, but when we went back to get her on Monday, we were told she was adopted. I was heart broken. I just loved her. So I talked DH into making a visit there tonight, and she was there. Anyways, we were so close to getting her, but then our landlord changed his mind on letting us get a bigger dog (she was a shepherd mix). Sigh. So wish we had our own house right now!

Now we are about to sit down and watch some Greys and eat some junk food. This is no day for a diet!
Aw, bummer, Andrea. I'm sorry about the pup. What an emotionally up and down time.

Quote:
A CoD trip has been talked about, and we've gone on previous trips. But, it's something that I prefer to leave up to the girls who work there to decide. It's a nice thing that Jill started one year, but I don't want to assume anything each time, kwim? They know when is most convenient for them, and they know if it will work out or not. So, I'm just waiting until they decide and will follow their lead. I know they are all very busy with work and family right now. Especially Jill who's probably lovin on her new grandbaby!

Quote:
Beth, you and Adam are on my mind and prayer list today. Hoping that everything is going smoothly and that you are not a nervous wreck. Let us know as soon as possible how things are.
Thanks, Mel. It went well. He seems to be doing okay right now. Tomorrow they said would be more painful. He was joking around with Noelle a bit ago and said something about smacking her (just in play, they weren't fighting) and she said, "Oh yeah? Come at me, bro", knowing full well he can't get up. LOL It was funny.

Quote:
That is awesome, Mel!! Wow. Way to go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post

Good news: I got a job! It's a temp job with Bank of America. The scheduling and pay is great and works well with my classes. I go in on Monday to officially get hired and Tuesday I have to go get fingerprinted.
That's great news, Cristabel!! I'm so happy for you. Hopefully scheduling works out for the trip, but if not at least this is a good reason to miss.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #2486
CamoMama
DIS Veteran

So annoyed. The Seattle color run was supposed to open for registration today, but today it's completely full. So we don't get to do the run. So disappointing!

Feb/Mar 2014 - DLR Diva Trip - GCH
Feb/Mar 2013 - DLR Diva Trip - HoJo's
July 2012 - DLR - Anaheim Carriage Inn (never again)
May 2012 - DLR - Motel 6 ~ Read my solo trip report here!
February 2012 - CBR
July 2010 - DLR - Embassy Suites
1978-1990 - DLR - multiple trips, all offsite
Old 02-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #2487
debbiedoo
DIS Veteran

Thanks Beth for explaining. . Sorry just new to this all. And didn't feel like multi quoting so please forgive me.

I use to be a HUGE planner back east with vacations. Nowadays things are different and my company runs a little different out here on the west coast. You would think is the same.....nope.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #2488
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

This is for those of you ladies who ordered "pink" tees shirts and did not have them shipped.

We need to make arrangements for you to pick them up before Thursday. I will be at Trader Sam's Wednesday night for dinner and drinks. If you are unable to meet then, then I can make arrangements for you to pick them up from the front desk at the "Disneyland Hotel." Or you can come to my room at the hotel. Just let me know what works.

Also, for those of you who ordered "sweatshirts." I can make the same arrangements if you would like them before the Meet and Greet. Otherwise I will bringing them to the Meet and Greet.

I need to know all of this ahead of time, as I will be packing everything up ahead of time in two separate boxes. One for the Trader Sam's/Disneyland Hotel and one for the Meet and Greet.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #2489
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
I luvs tater tots and haven't had them in forever....... I may have to pick some up today. Yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post
Linda, what wine would you pair with road kill? I will join you!
Anything from the fine Boone's Farm collection would be just smashing

Quote:

Holy schmoly, that's a lot of steak sandwiches!! You go, girl (WHERE do you get the energy???????) See you in a few days for wining, dining, and riding silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
But overall I'm extremely happy and relieved that FINALLY I have a job.
Congrats on the job, Cristabel. Way to go.

Betty - good to hear Adam is annoying his sisters. That means he's doing just fine

Mel - a great big thank you again for all the hard work and effort you've put in to making not only this year's shirts, but the sweatshirts and other shirts. I truly appreciate you and your blingy talents! I have no idea where you find the time and energy, but you totally ROCK
Old 02-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #2490
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Beth, hoping everything is OK with Adam.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: