Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #2431
staley7580
Hangs Out With Hyenas
He is cute now!! Before he was just illegal
I like big butts and I cannot lie
 
staley7580's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 24,436

Hello ladies! I finally booked my flight! I knew if I kept putting it off I just wouldnt do it. Then I would be all like.. oh well! anyways. Ill be ther friday and saturday. Now, do I need a tiara? For... what? or is that just for the meet and greet? Anything else I need to know? Im going to do some browsing around to see what I need to pick up for the trip.
__________________
me DH DS(10) DD(7) DS(3) DD(3) DSIL(18)


staley7580 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #2432
Califgirl

VMK MVP
I heart my DIS VMK friends
Looked for Stitch, but found Huck Springs!
 
Califgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,970

Wow, Mel. You are one busy lady.

Does your brother want to go up to Disneyland with you (okay, who wouldn't?!) or is he just being kind and driving you up? I'll be going up on Wed. and I don't live far from Oceanside, so if you want me to pick you up, let me know. I have a station wagon, so lots of room for your luggage and t- shirts and whatever else you need to bring. I'd be happy to do it.
__________________
Califgirl is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #2433
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley7580 View Post
Hello ladies! I finally booked my flight! I knew if I kept putting it off I just wouldnt do it. Then I would be all like.. oh well! anyways. Ill be ther friday and saturday. Now, do I need a tiara? For... what? or is that just for the meet and greet? Anything else I need to know? Im going to do some browsing around to see what I need to pick up for the trip.
The tiaras are for the group photo, I think that's going to be Saturday morning. We all wear tiaras and smile prettily with the Princesses. I'm so excited.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #2434
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post

I will keep Adam in my prayers. I know that must be so tough having your baby having surgery.
Thank-you, Kelly. That is nice of you. I do appreciate it.

I hope your sore foot continues to heal. And, I have to say, your summer plans sound like a lot of fun! Educational, too. I'd like to tour those places one day, especially Savannah. Enjoy the planning.
__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #2435
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!
 
stacielee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Peoria, AZ (originally Michigan)
Posts: 2,831

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
The tiaras are for the group photo, I think that's going to be Saturday morning. We all wear tiaras and smile prettily with the Princesses. I'm so excited.
Well, maybe not ALL of us...

Okay, here's mine
__________________
stacielee is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #2436
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube
 
VintageDisneyRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 1,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Much easier for blondes to quit.

Not so easy for dark hair.

I refuse to gray for a long long time.
Me and you both! And I'll never get the "old Lady" haircut. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by staley7580 View Post
Now, do I need a tiara? For... what? or is that just for the meet and greet? .
Yes you do, despite what some of the others say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
. The biggest is Adam is going go have surgery on Friday for his hernia. I am nervous, but I don't want to post that on Facebook. I don't want to worry him. But, I am trying not to think about it right now. I don't like the thought of him going under.
Anyway...

!
Sending good thought and pixie dust to Adam. Hopefully he is not nervous.
__________________
,
VintageDisneyRules is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #2437
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califgirl View Post
Wow, Mel. You are one busy lady.

Does your brother want to go up to Disneyland with you (okay, who wouldn't?!) or is he just being kind and driving you up? I'll be going up on Wed. and I don't live far from Oceanside, so if you want me to pick you up, let me know. I have a station wagon, so lots of room for your luggage and t- shirts and whatever else you need to bring. I'd be happy to do it.
Chris, that is really kind of you.

Not sure what to tell you yet? Maybe my brother really wants to do it?

I will be talking to him soon, so I will get back to you.

Thanks!
__________________
tinkermell is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #2438
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers
 
tinkermell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Central California
Posts: 7,662

Beth, is Adam's surgery, an in and out the same day kind? And I totally understand about your son going under. It is a mother's right to worry. But everything should be just fine. I will keep him in my prayers too.

Kelly, our family did the same thing as yours. Except we drove the whole way. I loved, loved Charleston and Savannah. So much, that Dave and I went back again for our 25 anniversary.
We also did Williamsburg, DC, New York, Philidelphia, Amish Country, Gettysburg, Niagra Falls and so on. We didn't do the Arch, as we went too far down south into San Antonio, Houston and New Orleans. We did a loop of the US. So much fun. I adore road trips! Dave and I just the other day talked about doing another trip. There is so much to see out there.
Have fun!
__________________
tinkermell is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #2439
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

Good morning, ladies!!

Megan, I am so glad you got your flight booked. I can't wait to see you again. It's been too long, girl!!

Kerri, I am so excited to wear my tiara, too. We totally need a tiara pic together.

Stacie, see how good you look in your tiara! Can't wait to see it on you in person.

Hi, Chris! See you soon!


Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Sending good thought and pixie dust to Adam. Hopefully he is not nervous.
Thanks, Trudi. He doesn't seem nervous. I don't know for sure though. He hides it pretty well. I know it's been bothering him, so I think he just wants it done with.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Beth, is Adam's surgery, an in and out the same day kind? And I totally understand about your son going under. It is a mother's right to worry. But everything should be just fine. I will keep him in my prayers too.

Kelly, our family did the same thing as yours. Except we drove the whole way. I loved, loved Charleston and Savannah. So much, that Dave and I went back again for our 25 anniversary.
We also did Williamsburg, DC, New York, Philidelphia, Amish Country, Gettysburg, Niagra Falls and so on. We didn't do the Arch, as we went too far down south into San Antonio, Houston and New Orleans. We did a loop of the US. So much fun. I adore road trips! Dave and I just the other day talked about doing another trip. There is so much to see out there.
Have fun!
Hi, Mel!! Good luck today with the sandwiches. Sell, sell, sell!
Thank you for the prayers for Adam. I have to call on Thursday to find out what time the surgery will be. Ruben is taking him, but I'm not sure if I should go or not. I might make it worse being all nervous and such. When Ruben had his surgery, I started crying when the anesthesiologist came in to talk to him. I don't want to do that with Adam!

I love road trips, too! Aren't they the best? There are so many neat things to see in the U.S.! We had a blast driving from CA to MI and then from MI to NV. We saw so many fun things, including the Arch. I'd love to go to Savannah one day. And, I think Adam would love the history around Williamsburg.

I am fine tuning our road trip for this June. We have so many different places booked. We'll be staying in everything from a regular hotel, to a cabin, a yurt, an RV, a rental home. I tried to make our overnight stays as varied and fun as possible. We love a good adventure in our family.
We'll have to talk road trips when we are waiting for Fantasmic. LOL
__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #2440
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World
 
pixidustmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 979

I am getting rather tired of going to doctors and having to have test. Geesh I am feeling great, look fine from the outside but it seems I am always at a doctors appt and having test. I had a mamo in Oct and mentioned I felt a lump or mass under my arm but she never really got into the area I felt. So when I had my annual exam I mentioned it to my doctor. She also felt it and said it was best to see a breast surgeon. So the other day while in the shower I did my own exam as I do monthly except this time I found a lump on the other side. So while at the surgeons I told her about them and she found them too. So now I get to have another mamo and u/s on both. I have to wait until next week for test then go back to see her day before trip. I hate that I can't just go to the doctors and they say your doing great see you in a year.lol
__________________

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
pixidustmom is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #2441
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Good morning, ladies!!

Megan, I am so glad you got your flight booked. I can't wait to see you again. It's been too long, girl!!

Kerri, I am so excited to wear my tiara, too. We totally need a tiara pic together.

Stacie, see how good you look in your tiara! Can't wait to see it on you in person.

Hi, Chris! See you soon!


Thanks, Trudi. He doesn't seem nervous. I don't know for sure though. He hides it pretty well. I know it's been bothering him, so I think he just wants it done with.



Hi, Mel!! Good luck today with the sandwiches. Sell, sell, sell!
Thank you for the prayers for Adam. I have to call on Thursday to find out what time the surgery will be. Ruben is taking him, but I'm not sure if I should go or not. I might make it worse being all nervous and such. When Ruben had his surgery, I started crying when the anesthesiologist came in to talk to him. I don't want to do that with Adam!

I love road trips, too! Aren't they the best? There are so many neat things to see in the U.S.! We had a blast driving from CA to MI and then from MI to NV. We saw so many fun things, including the Arch. I'd love to go to Savannah one day. And, I think Adam would love the history around Williamsburg.

I am fine tuning our road trip for this June. We have so many different places booked. We'll be staying in everything from a regular hotel, to a cabin, a yurt, an RV, a rental home. I tried to make our overnight stays as varied and fun as possible. We love a good adventure in our family.
We'll have to talk road trips when we are waiting for Fantasmic. LOL
YES, we definitely need pictures together!! I can't wait to finally meet you, I've known you forever but we've never met....LOL I'm excited to see Michelle, my roomies (you guys are awesome to let me stay with you!), my scavenger hunt team and everyone else.
I missed your post about Adam's surgery, if it was me I would probably stay home, or just not go into the meeting with them because I know I would cry. Cassidy had a mole removed from her back when she was about 7, I held her hands while they did it and I just about cried, she didn't even feel it. LOL I'm sure he will be fine but I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
I am getting rather tired of going to doctors and having to have test. Geesh I am feeling great, look fine from the outside but it seems I am always at a doctors appt and having test. I had a mamo in Oct and mentioned I felt a lump or mass under my arm but she never really got into the area I felt. So when I had my annual exam I mentioned it to my doctor. She also felt it and said it was best to see a breast surgeon. So the other day while in the shower I did my own exam as I do monthly except this time I found a lump on the other side. So while at the surgeons I told her about them and she found them too. So now I get to have another mamo and u/s on both. I have to wait until next week for test then go back to see her day before trip. I hate that I can't just go to the doctors and they say your doing great see you in a year.lol
(((HUGS))) keep us posted
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #2442
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy
 
MamaKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,183

Mel~ Good luck with your sandwich fundraiser! I know how much work you all put into that and I can't wait to hear how much money you all make this year .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
. Just lots of "stuff" going on. The biggest is Adam is going go have surgery on Friday for his hernia. I am nervous, but I don't want to post that on Facebook. I don't want to worry him. But, I am trying not to think about it right now. I don't like the thought of him going under.
Anyway...
Hugs Beth. Sometimes you feel so helpless when it comes to our kids. But I really think you should go. Just try to keep a brave face. Devin had surgery on both his legs when he was 10 and he thought it was the coolest thing ever get put under. Now he has to get his tonsils out and he is looking forward to it...weirdo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
I am getting rather tired of going to doctors and having to have test. Geesh I am feeling great, look fine from the outside but it seems I am always at a doctors appt and having test. I had a mamo in Oct and mentioned I felt a lump or mass under my arm but she never really got into the area I felt. So when I had my annual exam I mentioned it to my doctor. She also felt it and said it was best to see a breast surgeon. So the other day while in the shower I did my own exam as I do monthly except this time I found a lump on the other side. So while at the surgeons I told her about them and she found them too. So now I get to have another mamo and u/s on both. I have to wait until next week for test then go back to see her day before trip. I hate that I can't just go to the doctors and they say your doing great see you in a year.lol
I know exactly how you feel! I had some major health problems over a year ago and ever time I went to the doctor, I thought I would be fine because I looked fine, but I kept getting bad news. Stay strong and you will get through it even though it really sucks right now!
__________________

Last edited by MamaKate; 02-12-2013 at 04:32 PM.
MamaKate is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #2443
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy
 
MamaKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,183

Speaking of health problems. My daughter had a mammogram a couple weeks ago because she found a lump in her breast and it has been growing. Yesterday she had an appointment for a biopsy .

During her appointments I tried to keep cool for her sake because I know how nervous she was but inside I was freaked the heck out .

I keep trying to reassure myself that she's not even 16 yet so it's probably not breast cancer, but until I get the results, I'll be a nervous wreck. Ugh I feel the ulcers growing as I speak.
__________________
MamaKate is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #2444
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidustmom View Post
I hate that I can't just go to the doctors and they say your doing great see you in a year.lol
I know! That's why I hate going! It's always something every time I go. After the ladies trip, I have to go back for my follow up mammo. I went 6 months ago, that's when I had the mammo, ultrasound, and biopsy. They said it was fine, but then they said to follow up in 6 months. So, who the heck knows what they are going to say when I go back. I don't even want to go.

Hang in there. We'll have to get together and treat ourselves to a day of shopping, lunch and pampering once our appts are all over!




Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
I'm sure he will be fine but I'll keep him in my thoughts.
Thanks, Kerri.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post

Hugs Beth. Sometimes you feel so helpless when it comes to our kids. But I really think you should go. Just try to keep a brave face. Devin had surgery on both his legs when he was 10 and he thought it was the coolest thing ever get put under. Now he has to get his tonsils out and he is looking forward to it...weirdo!
Well, I guess it's good he's not scared or worried! But, yes, when it comes to our kids, it's just so hard not to worry.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Speaking of health problems. My daughter had a mammogram a couple weeks ago because she found a lump in her breast and it has been growing. Yesterday she had an appointment for a biopsy .

During her appointments I tried to keep cool for her sake because I know how nervous she was but inside I was freaked the heck out .

I keep trying to reassure myself that she's not even 16 yet so it's probably not breast cancer, but until I get the results, I'll be a nervous wreck. Ugh I feel the ulcers growing as I speak.
Wow, Katie. Poor Adara. And, poor you. A biopsy is not fun. I've had two and it was upsetting for me. I can't imagine being doing it at her young age.
That's good she was on top of doing checks and found it. Keep us updated and let us know. I'll be thinking of you both!
__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #2445
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!
 
LisaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,023

Prayers for Adam and Adara and hugs to the mommies. Same lot of nuthin going on here. Had jambalaya for dinner to celebrate Fat Tuesday. Other than that, just been plugging away on various creative projects for the trip. Forgot to make a Valentine to send to my mom (oops), so when I talk to her Thursday, I'll have to fess up that her card will be late. Bad daughter. LOL. So I have to make a Valentine for mom, one for Mr Grumpypants, a birthday card and a baby shower card in the next 4 days. Eek.
__________________


LisaCat is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.