Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
itzkelly
Earning My Ears

Disney Princess Tea Party

Do you think a young girl who is just turning two years old (last day of the cruise!) is too young for the tea party? She is currently 22 months old and is already getting into putting on my clothes and our 3yr old neighbors dress up clothes, so I have recently ordered her some size appropriate Disney princess dresses to bring on the cruise with us. I thought this tea party may be fun to bring her to (along with the 3yr old neighbor who will be travelling with us, and her mom as well ), however, if it's geared more for older girls, I can understand.

Any input is appreciated!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzkelly View Post
Do you think a young girl who is just turning two years old (last day of the cruise!) is too young for the tea party? She is currently 22 months old and is already getting into putting on my clothes and our 3yr old neighbors dress up clothes, so I have recently ordered her some size appropriate Disney princess dresses to bring on the cruise with us. I thought this tea party may be fun to bring her to (along with the 3yr old neighbor who will be travelling with us, and her mom as well ), however, if it's geared more for older girls, I can understand.

Unless she gets spooked by the Princesses, I don't think it would be a problem at all. It is geared for all ages. I'd dress them up, grab a table for 4 and have a good time.

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
r2d2jsh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil530 View Post
Unless she gets spooked by the Princesses, I don't think it would be a problem at all. It is geared for all ages. I'd dress them up, grab a table for 4 and have a good time.
I agree with PP. I know my DD (now 5) would have eaten it up at that age; for that matter, so would my DS, who will be 3 when we sail in September .
r2d2jsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Patricia1
Love everything Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2d2jsh

I agree with PP. I know my DD (now 5) would have eaten it up at that age; for that matter, so would my DS, who will be 3 when we sail in September .
Took 2yo DD and she loved it, so much so that at picture op, she ran to character (yes cut in line, but apologized and went to the back . She didn't like the tea though. It was really cute.

Patricia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
owensjro
DIS Veteran

We actually hated the tea party and won't go to it again. It was a complete disaster. Where there should have been lines for characters there was complete chaos. Where characters tried to come around to tables they were mobbed and never made it anywhere.

Thankfully my daughter was old enough that it didn't bother her too much...I was just appalled at the other parents and the complete lack of control, not to mention Disney's failure to handle it.

I imagine not all of them are this way as so many people do seem to have a good time at them.

Jim
Disney Magic 7N Eastern - 1/17/09
Disney Magic 7N Eastern - 12/19/09
Disney Wonder B2B 5N KeyWest/5N DoubleDip - 6/8/10, 6/13/10
Disney Magic 14N TransAtlantic - 5/14/11
Disney Fantasy B2B 7N Eastern/Western - 6/29/13, 7/6/13
owensjro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
iheartcruising
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzkelly

On which ship is the Princess Tea Party?
iheartcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
itzkelly
Earning My Ears

We are sailing on Magic, not sure if they are on all the ships but I would imagine so?

I am glad to hear your 2yr olds enjoyed it! I am looking forward to seeing her reaction when she sees *real life* princesses vs. the ones currently on her sippy cup and pj's.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartcruising View Post
On which ship is the Princess Tea Party?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzkelly View Post
We are sailing on Magic, not sure if they are on all the ships but I would imagine so?

I am glad to hear your 2yr olds enjoyed it! I am looking forward to seeing her reaction when she sees *real life* princesses vs. the ones currently on her sippy cup and pj's.
The Magic & Wonder have the Tea with _______(Princesses, Alice, Disney Friends, whichever characters are available) on their 7 night and longer cruises. Fantasy doesn't do them.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
MCBWHITE
Mouseketeer

We did the Tea Party on the Wonder in May with our DDs: 4, 3 and 18 months and they all liked it a lot! If your little one seems afraid of the princesses, I wouldn't worry - they seem to have a good sense of whether the littles are open to them getting too close and I think they pretty much follow the kids' leads: if the kids run up and give hugs, they'll hug back and if not, they kind of just stand back and do cute little waves. It's a cute little tea party - think it was less than an hour - and we got some of our cutest pictures there! For the pictures, our 18 month old didn't want to sit on Belle's lap, so they let her sit on Belle's dress, sort of next to Belle and it turned out really cute! I'd say give it a try - if it's a complete flop, you can always duck out the side door!
MCBWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
The Magic & Wonder have the Tea with _______(Princesses, Alice, Disney Friends, whichever characters are available) on their 7 night and longer cruises. Fantasy doesn't do them.

We had Tea with Alice on the Magic NYC to Canada (5 night) It was ticketed and I got the tickets the day we boarded at Guest Services (I think) It was a little show with Alice and the Mad Hatter and after they invited people down for photos. It was very well organized, with the CM saying "this side can come first and line up here and then the other side"

btw, the 'tea' was apple juice which cracked us up! My daughter is 13 but a good sport and we went mostly because my 78 year old mom loves tea. so, we all got a big kick out of it when we poured the tea and found out it was apple juice!!

I would bring your 2 year old without a doubt...if she hates it, you can leave!!
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: