Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #121
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great update! Your pictures went along with the update perfectly. Great picture of Happydog and JenJolt!.

Bummer about the castle show coming to a close. It is so good and Yes - it does start about 15 minutes after Wishes. I hope you get to see it. So bummed I won't be seeing it in October.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #122
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay, I will tell you that those tacos are freaking amazing. I had them. OMG!! Those and the blood orange or some thing like that margarita. It had chili on the rim, wow, fabulous. One of my favorite dinners! We went back with Matt when he got to WDW this summer. I went first with the boys. Way tasty, promise! Just like the tacos at f&w. You know I'm there if you go back for f&w next year

I think your plans look great!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #123
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

for Mickey mail! That just makes it even more real, doesn't it?

I would definitely recommend that you try to watch The Magic, the Memories,and you show. It is amazing! We loved it so much we hung around during the encore show after Wishes.

I understand your need to ride Peter Pan first. It's always the first place my family goes, but it you'll remember, we went to Dumbo first during this past trip. I wanted to be sure to get to check all the new stuff out.

I will give the fried shrimp at CHH a thumbs up!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #124
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post

On our way to Fantasyland. I want to ride the new & improved Dumbo, but I just know my feet will take me directly to Peter Pan's Flight

It would just feel wrong to not make this our first ride of the day. I don't think I'd say that it is my favorite attraction in all of WDW, but I can say that it is the one that makes me feel like a kid more than any other and it immediately puts a smile on face.

So after I get my Peter Pan fix, we will head to Dumbo. I haven't ridden this in years, but I feel compelled to with the re-vamp and I really want to check out the new 'non queue'!

With Dumbo the way it is now - double Dumbos and the unique queue, hitting Peter Pan first is the smart thing to do. We used to do Dumbo, then go over to PP and usually ride twice, then on to other things. Now, it's Peter Pan first.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #125
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Great plans for this day! Those shrimp tacos look yummy.

There is nothing like an MK opening to really get the day going!

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #126
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Yay! Mickey Mail!

Monster's Laugh Floor is really funny...you should go.

Jill in CO
That's what everyone tells me. I'm just terrified of being 'that guy' that everyone talks about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Mickey Mail time!!! It is really getting close and REAL now..

Yes, get in early for IaSM when you can. You never know....he might consent to a second round on the day.
No, I can guarantee you he won't agree to another ride on IASW, I was totally shocked when he told me he would ride it once. To be honest, I don't think I could ride it more than once in a day. Once can only take so much of those happy dolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Your Mickey mail is interesting. I'm going after you are & I got my Mickey mail over a week ago.

Your plans look great! I'm bummed that we won't get to see the Memories show again. That was such a wonderful show.
Well, I would have gotten my tags earlier if I had called Disney and asked them to mail it directly to me, I forgot to do that so they went to owner of my agency first and then she had to send them on to me. No biggie, I still got them in plenty of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great update! Your pictures went along with the update perfectly. Great picture of Happydog and JenJolt!.

Bummer about the castle show coming to a close. It is so good and Yes - it does start about 15 minutes after Wishes. I hope you get to see it. So bummed I won't be seeing it in October.
Isn't that pic of Jen & HD cute? We had fun playing in the graveyard! You should have seen HD & I playing in the Pooh queue a few nights later, we were like a couple little kids!

I read somewhere that it actually plays twice, once before and once after Wishes. Unless 'Ohana is just dreadfully slow we should get over to the MK in plenty of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Okay, I will tell you that those tacos are freaking amazing. I had them. OMG!! Those and the blood orange or some thing like that margarita. It had chili on the rim, wow, fabulous. One of my favorite dinners! We went back with Matt when he got to WDW this summer. I went first with the boys. Way tasty, promise! Just like the tacos at f&w. You know I'm there if you go back for f&w next year

I think your plans look great!
Oh, I'm so glad to hear the taco are good! And they are the same ones from F&W? I know I'll love them then! Ooooo, that margarita sounds good too, adding that to my gotta try list right now.

I think we just need to go ahead and plan a return F&W trip for next year.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
for Mickey mail! That just makes it even more real, doesn't it?

I would definitely recommend that you try to watch The Magic, the Memories,and you show. It is amazing! We loved it so much we hung around during the encore show after Wishes.

I understand your need to ride Peter Pan first. It's always the first place my family goes, but it you'll remember, we went to Dumbo first during this past trip. I wanted to be sure to get to check all the new stuff out.

I will give the fried shrimp at CHH a thumbs up!
Ok, so they do play the show twice! I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

I don't think I can skip Peter Pan as our first ride, it would just feel wrong!

My mom had the fried shrimp and she really liked it. I'm such a sucker for 'tradition' though, I almost HAVE to order the Anchors Aweigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
With Dumbo the way it is now - double Dumbos and the unique queue, hitting Peter Pan first is the smart thing to do. We used to do Dumbo, then go over to PP and usually ride twice, then on to other things. Now, it's Peter Pan first.
That's kind of what I thought too, I didn't figure the line would get too out of hand if we did Peter Pan first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Great plans for this day! Those shrimp tacos look yummy.

There is nothing like an MK opening to really get the day going!
Well, Happydog tells me they are the same shrimp tacos that they serve during food & wine. I had one last year and they are sooooo good, I can't wait!

If I'm feeling grumpy, I just put on the music from the MK opening ceremony and it instantly lifts my spirits!

Not sure how many of you have heard, but Disney made it official today. Be Our Guest will begin taking ADRs at noon on August 20th. First official dinner seating will be on November 19th, so anyone going after that, get ready to make your ADRs!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #127
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

AWESOME! I hope some of you get ADRs to Be Our Guest. I'll have everything crossed for those of you going after Nov 19th.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #128
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I realized I forgot to weigh in on online check-in, I've only done it once out of the last 5 check ins and it was by far the most painful with our room being ready the latest. In that case I didn't get my room request but did get "upgraded" which at the time I wasn't happy about but ended up loving the room. However, when I've waited and done it live, my room requests have been met every single time for the other 4. Well, 3, I didn't make any request on one except for in my mind. LOL!. I'd vote not to, especially with how early you get in.

Do you realize I've never seen the opening show? I actually started a top 10 list for my Oct trip this am and that, and Dumbo, are on it! I love La Hacienda, YUM!

YAY for Mickey Mail! I can't wait to see mine show up.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #129
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Michelle, for Mickey mail.

I love your Day 5 plans. I'm with you...I have to see, if at all possible, the opening show at least once at the MK.

We saw Laugh Comedy a couple of times...once would be enough for me. It's cute, but not something I have to do every trip.

The fried shrimp at Columbia Harbor House is very good...I get it almost every time.

Have I told you lately that Jared is one smart son? One trip on the "Slow Boat to China" is enough on a visit to Disney.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #130
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
AWESOME! I hope some of you get ADRs to Be Our Guest. I'll have everything crossed for those of you going after Nov 19th.
I have to eat there once just for the decor! It will be next fall though, because I don't see myself getting back before then.

Disney actually changed the time too, they will start taking ADRs at 7am Monday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I realized I forgot to weigh in on online check-in, I've only done it once out of the last 5 check ins and it was by far the most painful with our room being ready the latest. In that case I didn't get my room request but did get "upgraded" which at the time I wasn't happy about but ended up loving the room. However, when I've waited and done it live, my room requests have been met every single time for the other 4. Well, 3, I didn't make any request on one except for in my mind. LOL!. I'd vote not to, especially with how early you get in.

Do you realize I've never seen the opening show? I actually started a top 10 list for my Oct trip this am and that, and Dumbo, are on it! I love La Hacienda, YUM!

YAY for Mickey Mail! I can't wait to see mine show up.
My gut was telling me to not do online check in, and you just validated that for me!

Yes! Make a point to see the opening show at MK, it's a great way to start the day.

Mickey Mail is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Michelle, for Mickey mail.

I love your Day 5 plans. I'm with you...I have to see, if at all possible, the opening show at least once at the MK.

We saw Laugh Comedy a couple of times...once would be enough for me. It's cute, but not something I have to do every trip.

The fried shrimp at Columbia Harbor House is very good...I get it almost every time.

Have I told you lately that Jared is one smart son? One trip on the "Slow Boat to China" is enough on a visit to Disney.
It was several trips before I ever saw the opening ceremony at MK, but ever since that first time, I've had to see it at least once each trip.

I hear great things about the fried shrimp, but I really love that sandwich! Maybe I can talk Jared into the shrimp and he'll let me have a sample

Jared HATES IaSW! I feel like it's a necessary evil
Old 08-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #131
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Before I talk about day 6, my kids went back to school this week, so I thought I'd share their first day of school pics:

Jared started the 6th grade, his last year of elementary school, next year is going to be so strange not having a kid at the elementary school!

He is sporting his new buzz cut. First time we've done one of those, but we had to get rid of a bleached blond mohawk that he had done for baseball.......

Justin began his junior year. Makes me slightly ill to think about how close he is to graduation

A little story about his shirt, just because it makes me a proud mama. He is part of a group of upperclassmen that mentor the incoming freshmen. You first have to be nominated for the group and then have to go through an interview process to make it. He has to take a leadership class along with it. I think he is really going to get alot out of this experience, not to mention how good it will look on a college application

Day 6, Thursday, September 6th

We will be able to get to our park of choice with ease again today. Have I said how excited I am to use the IG entrance into Epcot? Oh, I have? Well, I'm saying it again!!

We will use this morning to hit up anything in FW that we want to do that we missed on Sunday.

Living with the Land

Spaceship Earth

We will probably spend some time in Innoventions

And might even hit up Ellen's Energy Adventure!

We will head to WS as soon as it opens though. We want to do an Agent P mission or two. I need to check this out and report back to my nephew who will be in WDW in October. To say he is excited about these missions is a HUGE understatement!

I hope to finally see the candy lady in Japan

And I'd like to catch the Voices of Liberty as well

We have a 1:15 lunch ADR at Le Cellier. I need to get my mushroom filet fix and see no reason to spend $15 more for the same steak at dinner.....

After lunch we will roll out of WS and head back to the resort for a couple of hours.

The evening will be spent in Downtown Disney

I really prefer DTD in the morning to avoid the crowds, and I thought about cancelling our Le Cellier ADR and doing DTD this morning and Epcot later, but I just can't bring myself to give up that ADR!

I have a couple of things on my must have list. I want to look for a couple new beads for my Pandora bracelet, and I need a new Dooney to add to my collection. I'm still debating which one I want to get however.

I absolutely adore the white Minnie bows one

I bought the small clutch in that pattern last year, but I rarely use it, it's just too small, it barely holds my iphone! So, I may need to get a full sized purse this time around.

BUT, I also really like the new button pattern

Decisions.......decisions......

Days of Christmas will be a must! I buy a new ornament for our 'main' tree every trip, but I also want to pick up a few more for my small Disney tree that I put up in my bedroom every year.

Jared wants to go to Design-a-tee. They were closed for remodeling last summer when we were there before our cruise and he was bummed!

He will also want to stop by Pin Traders

We don't actually trade, but we do collect. I think I am going to take a picture of what we have before we leave this time to make sure we don't get any duplicates, sometimes we forget that we already have a certain pin at home!

Shopping aside, a stop at the margarita bar will be a must

And if we ever get hungry after our huge lunch, we will eat at Earl of Sandwich

How I can be so in love with a sandwich shop never ceases to amaze me!

And thus ends one more glorious day in the World!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #132
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Love Jared's new haircut!
What a cool program for Justin to be in. I agree - looks good on the college apps! You're going to have a big year next year when he's applying and Jared starts middle school!!

I love Epcot - I used to not think much of FW, but I'm liking more of it now. Soarin is my favorite!
I think you and I would be doing the same things in DTD!! You mentioned most of my favorite places!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #133
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Wow, that is so crazy that your kids already went back to school! Most schools around here don't start until after Labor Day (though we also end later...). In fact, the day you just posted plans for will be my 3rd day of school!

Great plans for the day! You should do Universe of Energy. I know a lot of people think it's boring but it's actually more entertaining with Ellen in it. LOL.

Love the Dooney and Bourke bags...so cute! I really like the Buttons one but the Minnie bows one is a little more subtle. Just get one of both. haha
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #134
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Before I talk about day 6, my kids went back to school this week, so I thought I'd share their first day of school pics:

Jared started the 6th grade, his last year of elementary school, next year is going to be so strange not having a kid at the elementary school!

I feel your pain, Eric will be in 6th!

Quote:
Justin began his junior year. Makes me slightly ill to think about how close he is to graduation

A little story about his shirt, just because it makes me a proud mama. He is part of a group of upperclassmen that mentor the incoming freshmen. You first have to be nominated for the group and then have to go through an interview process to make it. He has to take a leadership class along with it. I think he is really going to get alot out of this experience, not to mention how good it will look on a college application
You should be proud!!! that is quite an accomplishment, he sounds like a wonderful young man.

Quote:
I have a couple of things on my must have list. I want to look for a couple new beads for my Pandora bracelet, and I need a new Dooney to add to my collection. I'm still debating which one I want to get however.

I absolutely adore the white Minnie bows one

I bought the small clutch in that pattern last year, but I rarely use it, it's just too small, it barely holds my iphone! So, I may need to get a full sized purse this time around.

BUT, I also really like the new button pattern

Decisions.......decisions......
I don't know if I will make it to DTD on our Oct trip but if I do, an ornament is in order for me as well. LOVE both bags. Clutches are hard, not only are they size challenged, they get awkward to carry unless it's just for a dinner.

Your plans look good!!!! Fun day, someday I'll make it to LeCellier and actually spend time in Innovations.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #135
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Look how tall your boys have gotten! Practically young men now. Happy and sad at the same time.

Your plans are great. I hope you get a buzz from entering from the IG and spending the day at Epcot. I love the button design D&B. Hadn't realised they had come out - so thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: