Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #76
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Question for those of you who have stayed at the BC. I've heard bus service to the MK can be slow. Would it be better for us to go through Epcot and just monorail over to the Poly, or maybe even walk to DHS and catch the Poly bus? I'm leaning towards walking through Epcot, taking the monorail to the TTC and then walking to the Poly, thoughts??

Currently our ADR time is for 6:55, I've been trying to get something earlier because I want to make it over to the Magic Kingdom for the Main Street Electrical Parade, but so far nothing doing.

I'm nervous about this ADR. I've only eaten at 'Ohana once, years ago, in 2005. We didn't care for it at all. The service was slow, the meat was dry and tough, I swore I'd never go back. But everyone here just raves about it, so I figure I must have caught it on a bad night. I'm giving it another try, hope I don't regret it.....

You really have 4 options,
1- Bus to MK and then Monorail/boat to poly
2- Walk through EPCOT and then Monorail to TTC and walk/ Ride to Poly
3- Get to DHE - walk /boat and then bus to Poly which can be slow OR bus to TTC and then walk to Poly.
4- Taxi to Poly

The busses all make stops and that time of year may be only BC/YC or all 5 DOl/SW, YC/BC, BW

The Busstop for TTC is pretty far from either the path or the boat dock at TTC but you can stalk the 2 bus stops and take wichever comes first.

I would either monorail or go to DHS - only my opinion but I have not really had good luck with the busses at deluxe resorts.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #77
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I find this very interesting since she lives with Mr I Wont Rent a Car! But I have to add that we got a killer deal for our June car. $145 for 10 days. So the deals are out there and it really makes things so much more convenient.
Poor old Mr I Won't Rent a Car and resolved himself to getting the rental with we book flights. He doesn't want to listen to me complain about bus transportation. Plus we like to do our own grocery shopping.
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #78
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Michelle, while I would be more than happy to come along and show you everything wonderful about Beach Club, my principal would frown on me taking more days for Disney since she knows I'm going in October.....
Just weave through the halls looking for exit signs. You will find your way to the quiet pool and then you are very close to the IG.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #79
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
You really have 4 options,
1- Bus to MK and then Monorail/boat to poly
2- Walk through EPCOT and then Monorail to TTC and walk/ Ride to Poly
3- Get to DHE - walk /boat and then bus to Poly which can be slow OR bus to TTC and then walk to Poly.
4- Taxi to Poly

The busses all make stops and that time of year may be only BC/YC or all 5 DOl/SW, YC/BC, BW

The Busstop for TTC is pretty far from either the path or the boat dock at TTC but you can stalk the 2 bus stops and take wichever comes first.

I would either monorail or go to DHS - only my opinion but I have not really had good luck with the busses at deluxe resorts.
I think I'm leaning towards the walk through Epcot & the monorail, but I'm also really starting to like the taxi option......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Poor old Mr I Won't Rent a Car and resolved himself to getting the rental with we book flights. He doesn't want to listen to me complain about bus transportation. Plus we like to do our own grocery shopping.
He's a good man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Michelle, while I would be more than happy to come along and show you everything wonderful about Beach Club, my principal would frown on me taking more days for Disney since she knows I'm going in October.....
Just weave through the halls looking for exit signs. You will find your way to the quiet pool and then you are very close to the IG.
Those principals, always so concerned about you actually being at work, what the heck is wrong with them?

I'm sure I'll find my way around, I was just trying to figure out a way to see you again

On another note, when you have time, if you'll let me know how much shipping is going to be on the MP pillow, I'll send you the money for the pillow & the shipping. Thanks so much for picking that up for me, can't wait to see it in person! You're the best!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #80
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Great plans!!! I love the IG. It is a true gem and so much fun. It makes you feel like you have your own private entrance to the magic.

We have eaten O'hanas twice. One time was phenomenal and the second was just as you described. Hope you have a great time and enjoy it.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #81
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Great plans!!! I love the IG. It is a true gem and so much fun. It makes you feel like you have your own private entrance to the magic.

We have eaten O'hanas twice. One time was phenomenal and the second was just as you described. Hope you have a great time and enjoy it.
Fingers crossed that this time 'Ohana is phenomenal, I know it has to be good more often than not with as many people that love it.

I know I'm going to get spoiled using the IG!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #82
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Day 3, Monday, September 3rd

Today we are doing something I have never done before, we are headed to a Disney water park! I really had no plans to do this originally, I mean we are staying at the Beach Club, we have an awesome pool right there at our disposal, BUT after reading about and seeing all of Rinky's (RinkyTinkyTinky) fabulous pictures from their visit to Typhoon Lagoon, I decided we just had to give it a try!

So, our day will be spent here

They open at 10am and I want to try and be there as close to opening as we can. It will be Labor Day and I'm a little nervous that it will get pretty crowded as the day goes on. I read on allears that you can rent 2 chairs with an umbrella & 2 towels for $40. I really want to be assured of having a place to leave our stuff, and having a bit of shade would be nice too, so I think this will be money well spent. Of course, they are first come, first served, they don't take reservations for them, so again, I want to get there early!

Mom is really excited about snorkeling at Sharks Reef

I'm not so sure, and Jared is dead set against it, so she might be doing that one on her own

I love water slides and it sounds like Typhoon Lagoon has some great ones that I can't wait to try out!

And a float in the lazy river will be awesome too

The park closes at 5, but I seriously doubt we will stay that late, my guess is that we will leave around 3 to head back to the resort and rest for awhile.

We don't have a dinner ADR this night and have no real plans. I figure we will probably eat at Beaches & Cream

Where we will not be brave enough to try one of these

but I'm sure one of these will be consumed

After that we will just go wherever our feet take us. We may stroll over and play a round of mini golf

Or head to DHS for Fantasmic!

I've never seen this and I think it's about time I work it into the plans. They have EMHs that night too so we could stay and play for awhile.

Or we might just go over to Epcot for Illuminations

We will have a couple other opportunities to see it later in the week though, so this option seems unlikely.

Finally, if we miss the Main Street Electrical Parade the night before, we could go to the Magic Kingdom for that

It feels weird to me to not have a definite plan for this night, I'm so not a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl, but I'm sure whichever way we decide to go we will have a great time!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #83
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Sometimes a Typhoon Lagoon day, followed by a no-plans evening is the best kind of day!

You can not stay at BC, and not have a kitchen sink!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #84
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Oooh, I love the water parks. You are going to have so much fun. You have to try the shark reef. Very cool experience!!! Plus, you are no where near the sharks so no danger there.

I have never eaten at Beaches and Cream. We must add that to our list! Looks delicious.

You have to see Fantasmic. It is my absolute favorite show on property.

Looks like a relaxing day.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #85
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Uggggg! Got a jury summons today. First time ever, I was hoping I'd go my whole life and never have to do it. The worst part is that I have to report at 9am the day after we get back from Disney World
Old 08-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #86
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Uggggg! Got a jury summons today. First time ever, I was hoping I'd go my whole life and never have to do it. The worst part is that I have to report at 9am the day after we get back from Disney World
Dang! At least it wasn't during the trip! I work in the court system, and have always wondered what it was like on the "other" side as a juror. Have never been summoned yet. My DH got on a DWI jury a few years back.
Mndisneygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #87
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Geez, what a bummer. I have had 3 and all have been cancelled beforehand. Maybe you will get lucky and that will happen.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #88
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

You have never seen Fantasmic!?! We never miss it! Can't wait to hear what you think about it

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
mommys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #89
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

My frst time to see Fantasmic was last Sept. you must see it, a wonderful experience.

Blizzard Beach was lots of fun, they had great water slides & I love the lazy river.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #90
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

You are going to love Typhoon Lagoon!!! Such a neat place with incredible theming!

Your ideas for the evening sound lovely, too -- whatever you decide to do, it will be a great time!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: