Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #31
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I'm here! Looking forward to reading your plans. It's good that you can take Jared out of school for a few days for a trip with his mom and grandmother.

Loved the Beach Club when we stayed there back in 2010! I have a feeling you're going to love it too!
I hope Jared's teachers don't get upset with me. It's just for 3 days since they are out for 2 over Labor Day anyway. School will have only been in session for a couple of weeks, I'm sure he won't miss too much.

I remember reading your report when you stayed at the BC! And now you've got me wanting to stay at the Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I finally got the chance to join your PTR! Now to read & catch up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I woud love to stay at BC, such a lovely resort. My DH finally admits he likes it at Disney, but likes it better when we have children with us!

We will be at WDW the day after you leave, we arrive Sept.10! Too bad, it would have been fun to meet!
Hi Doris!

Bummer we are just missing each other
Old 07-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #32
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Doesn't that look just make you want to smack 'em?
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #33
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Michelle, I am here! I haven't been dising a lot lately....been very busy! Can't wait to read along. I would love to stay at the Beach Club.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #34
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Michelle, I am here! I haven't been dising a lot lately....been very busy! Can't wait to read along. I would love to stay at the Beach Club.
Hi Erika!! I understand completely, sometimes life gets in the way of DISing, I hate it when that happens!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #35
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Day 1, Saturday, September 1st

Our flight departs at 6:55am, which means a 4am wake up call for me. Normally this would be a big deal, but not when I'm headed to WDW. I'm always too excited to sleep anyway! We are flying Southwest, using Don's miles - yay, free flights!! Sometimes I feel kind of bad stealing miles that he travels so much for, but not bad enough to stop doing it.

We have a layover in Dallas and then a stop someplace else (not even sure where) so we won't land until 1pm. I'm hoping for quick ME service

that will get us here in a hurry

Still going back and forth on whether or not I want to do online check in. I did it 3 trips ago and had to wait for quite awhile because there were several other people in front of me that had also done online check in. Both stays last year I did NOT do it and I walked straight up to the counter and checked in, soooooo

Anyway, as soon as we are checked in we are going to drop our carry-ons and head here

I'm taking a tip from Sarah (wdwgirl03) who has said many times that Animal Kingdom clears out after the parade. I hope that holds true for us!

Tops on Jared's list, and mine, is a ride (or two, or three...) on Everest. Mom will probably ride it once, but no more than that.

Gotta ride the safari too, hoping it's not too hot and we actually get to see some animals

If time permits maybe we will catch my favorite show in all of WDW

We have a 5:45 ADR at Yak & Yeti

I can't wait for those pineapple & cream cheese wontons - Oh.So.Good!!

After dinner the park will be closed so we will head back to the resort to unpack, swim, maybe watch the movie on the beach, no real plans.

Of course, who knows, maybe I won't be able to stand it and I'll have to pop into Epcot for a Grey Goose Slushie

and Illuminations

Last edited by SoonerGirl; 08-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.
SoonerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #36
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Sounds like a fabulous 1st day I am looking forward to trying a Grey Goose slushie for the first time in August

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
mommys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #37
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great first day!

For some reason, I really like starting my trip at AK. I actually really like the afternoon parade. It's one of my favs!

Yeah for EE followed by Y&Y. Have you tried the fried green beans? Heaven on a plate!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #38
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great first day plans, Michelle. I love the idea of checking ini and then heading to the AK. I've heard that the park empties out after the parade. We loved Yak & Yeti when we were there in 2008 (I still haven't been able to get it back on our schedule.

I have a feeling you'll stay at the pool so that Jared has some pool time; you can always get a cocktail at the pool.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #39
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Great day one plans. I think for most of us DISers that we have trouble sleeping the night before we leave for Disney!

I think going over to AK is a great idea. I noticed during our past trip how much the park clears out after 4 or so. I think that's a great strategy. Also, try to go to the last safari. We did, and we saw so many animals up in the cooler evening.

Those pineapple/cream cheese wontons look yummy-licious!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #40
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Ooo, those wontons look delicious! Great first day plans.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #41
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Love your first day plans!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #42
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Day 1 sounds great and hurrah for free flights! Isn't it so cool to be able to pop into Epcot for a slushie and fireworks!?! No bus, monorail, boat needed! Soooo easy peasy. I'm warning you...you may get attached to that entrance! And it is even better on the way out when most are heading to the buses after Illuminations.

2xcited2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #43
stace208
DIS Veteran

Great plans! The park sure does clear out. We went one year in the afternoon when we first arrived and it was dead (and this was spring break week!). We did one of the last safaris and saw many animals. In fact, I would say that it was our best one until this summer...in the rain...who knew?? They told us at the rope that the animals love the rain and they were right as it was hands down the absolute best safari we've ever had. So, go, even if it rains!!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #45
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

What a nice first day! I'm with you - I will get up early without complaint if I'm heading to WDW! Free flights? Yup, that's a good thing!

We will be hitting AK on our first day this next trip too. I think it does empty out more after the parade. All those people who say it's a 1/2 day park can't do much else after that I guess.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: