Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #151
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post

We're up to Day 7, and day 7 will take us back to the Magic Kingdom.
The really exciting thing about this day is that it is currently listed as a 1.1 on the crowd calendar! I have never been to the Magic Kingdom when crowds are projected to be that low and I'm so excited to see what that actually means!

Not to mention, that Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from LTT has been calling my name.......

Yay for a 1 day! That's gonna be awesome!!!

That Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake has me wanting to go back to LTT. I was thinking I might take my friend there when we go in March. Each time she goes, I try to show her a new place to eat. Seeing that dessert is making me think it's time to go back in time for her newest Disney dining experience.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #152
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound great!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Happy Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #153
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

We have a couple low number days in our October trip - I am anxious to see that! Even on our late January trip I don't think we had any 1s or 2s!

That toffee cake sounds good - I wish I could just have that to go!

One more week for you!! Are you packing yet?
Mndisneygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #154
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Jared started the 6th grade, his last year of elementary school, next year is going to be so strange not having a kid at the elementary school!

Justin began his junior year. Makes me slightly ill to think about how close he is to graduation
Sixth grade is so much fun! I love my sixth graders! They're still so sweet!

Rachel started her junior year too! Hard to believe they'll be seniors next year at this time!

Quote:
BUT, I also really like the new button pattern

I am in LOVE with the button pattern!

Quote:
And if we ever get hungry after our huge lunch, we will eat at Earl of Sandwich

How I can be so in love with a sandwich shop never ceases to amaze me!
We ate there for the first time ever during our May trip, and I am officially obsessed!

Quote:
The really exciting thing about this day is that it is currently listed as a 1.1 on the crowd calendar! I have never been to the Magic Kingdom when crowds are projected to be that low and I'm so excited to see what that actually means!

WOW! A 1.1?? I expect lots of pictures of empty streets and non-existent lines!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #155
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

I see you are getting closer!!! YAY!!!! Enjoy your trip!!!! Love your plans....hope the next days go fast for you!

Oh....and this trip didn't change DH's mind about Disney....actually....he said he won't go again for a long time What is wrong with him?!?!!!!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #156
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
You are so close Michelle!

I like your plans! Leaving Splash until last is so smart. We didn't on our December trip and were not happy campers for awhile. Uh, not so smart.

Your boys are so handsome in their first day of school photos.
I know, just one more week!!!

I really don't like being super wet and walking around the park. Of course, if it's super hot I might change my mind!

Thanks Kelli, they sure are growing up fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hi Michelle!
I hope school is going well for the boys! I have fallen behind on the DIS due to getting back into the swing of things...

You must make time to see The Magic, The Memories and You show. It is just incredible! Baylor told us that he saw a picture of Marc and I in the show when we were there in June. IF he actually did, I missed it. LOL!!!
I know the start of school is so crazy for teachers! Hope you are starting to get settled in.

How exciting that you guys made the show! But, total bummer that you missed seeing it, at least Baylor caught it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I've gotten so behin on Dis and tryiong to do a little catch up this morning.
Yeah!! Single digit dance!
I am trying via napoli in Nov too. Has nothing to do with the eye candy at all....I swear!

I can't wait to see how excited Claire is about SAB too. I am not a big swimmer, but I know this will be a huge hit for her.

You've got some great plans lined up. Are you packed yet?
We are eating at lots of the same places! I think you'll like Via Napoli, even without the hot waiters

Grab a float and just go round and round in the lazy river at SAB, that's what I plan on doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Yay for a 1 day! That's gonna be awesome!!!

That Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake has me wanting to go back to LTT. I was thinking I might take my friend there when we go in March. Each time she goes, I try to show her a new place to eat. Seeing that dessert is making me think it's time to go back in time for her newest Disney dining experience.
We have two very low crowd days, this one and the next, I'm so excited for that!

LTT has some really good lunch options, I think it's a great place to take your friend! Are you going with Kay?
Old 08-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #157
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Your plans sound great!
Thanks Janell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
We have a couple low number days in our October trip - I am anxious to see that! Even on our late January trip I don't think we had any 1s or 2s!

That toffee cake sounds good - I wish I could just have that to go!

One more week for you!! Are you packing yet?
Isn't it exciting to see 1's & 2's on the crowd calendar?

Go up to the podium and ask if you can get the toffee cake to go, I bet they would let you!

I have not started packing yet. I have one very very small pile with a couple of books and some cheap disposable ponchos in it and that is all.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Sixth grade is so much fun! I love my sixth graders! They're still so sweet!
Most of the kids in Jared's grade are really good kids. I know it gets hard for them though because they are starting to feel grown up, yet they are still in elementary school and have all those 'little kid' rules that still apply to them. They start to revolt about March if I remember right

Quote:
Rachel started her junior year too! Hard to believe they'll be seniors next year at this time!
Hush Michelle, we are not thinking about that yet!!!

Quote:
I am in LOVE with the button pattern!
Isn't it great?!

Quote:
We ate there for the first time ever during our May trip, and I am officially obsessed!
Crazy, it's just a sandwich for goodness sake, but it's oh so good!

Quote:
WOW! A 1.1?? I expect lots of pictures of empty streets and non-existent lines!
That day MK is a 1.1 with an overall of 3, the next day both MK & AK are listed at 1.1 with an overall of 1! I can't wait to see what that looks like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue View Post
I see you are getting closer!!! YAY!!!! Enjoy your trip!!!! Love your plans....hope the next days go fast for you!

Oh....and this trip didn't change DH's mind about Disney....actually....he said he won't go again for a long time What is wrong with him?!?!!!!
Welcome home! I hope you had a great trip even if it didn't unGrumpify your DH. Is that a TR link I see in your siggy? I promised Jared I would watch a movie with him, but I'll head over and check it out afterwards
Old 08-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #158
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Our last full day will be Saturday the 8th and we plan on spending it at Animal Kingdom. This is projected to be another very low crowd day, even lower than the day before if you can believe it!

I'm sure we will ride EE & the safari again, but I really think I want to head out to the Conservation Station first thing.

I've read that if the vets will be working on the animals that they will most likely do it in the morning, so I think it might be cool to run out there and check that out!

I also want to walk the trails to see my favorite, the gorillas

and also the tigers

If we didn't catch Festival of the Lion King on our previous visit that will be a must and Jared also wants to see Nemo, and we will if time permits.

What is tops on his list, however, is getting his grandma on Dinosaur!

Oh, and we must be honorary bugs too!

I'm on the fence about Kali, I'm not really a big fan but Jared likes it and wants to ride, so we'll just play that one by ear. I did buy a couple of cheap 88 cent ponchos that we can wear while we ride and then just throw away afterwards.

Lunch will be at Pizzafari

And at some point during the day a stop by the Dawa Bar will have to be made for a Lost on Safari

I'll also need an jalapeno cheese pretzel, it's my favorite snack in all of Walt Disney World - yum!

We have no real evening plans. Jared wants to check out the ESPN Club so I think we will eat dinner there and then just hang around the Boardwalk for awhile.

At some point that night we will have to pack to go home. The next morning we have a 9am breakfast ADR at Cape May Cafe

The UNmagical Express will pick us up around 10:45 and back to reality we will go

Old 08-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #159
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

Just found your PTR and looking forward to catching up.

Ahhh Beach Club.... It's my dream to stay here!

Can't wait to read...
Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #160
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I love all your updates! I finally loaded all the photos off my camera... Can you believe it was all of last year?! Gasp! I have to organize them! So I might have to finally try to get my TR going... Never mind that I have so many other things I should be doing!! And yes, I think we ought to plan for next fall! We will have to look into that for sure. I am trying to get in a four night trip in Dec... When I go for training... We are already spending a full day in Orlando after the cruise, but probably just DTD... Maybe water park we'll see. Our flight home was pushed back several hours so this gives us a day... Which I'm happy for!

You leave in a few days!!! How fun!! I liked that button pattern, FYI... I like my wristlets, as you know! But I could see you with that button bag or the bow bag!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #161
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Sounds like a great last day (other than the fact that it IS your last day)! The ESPN Club is always fun and hanging around the Boardwalk is a great idea! Maybe you'll be able to catch some of the performers.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #162
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggers View Post
Just found your PTR and looking forward to catching up.

Ahhh Beach Club.... It's my dream to stay here!

Can't wait to read...
Hi and Thanks for joining in!

I'm so excited for the Beach Club I can't hardly stand it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I love all your updates! I finally loaded all the photos off my camera... Can you believe it was all of last year?! Gasp! I have to organize them! So I might have to finally try to get my TR going... Never mind that I have so many other things I should be doing!! And yes, I think we ought to plan for next fall! We will have to look into that for sure. I am trying to get in a four night trip in Dec... When I go for training... We are already spending a full day in Orlando after the cruise, but probably just DTD... Maybe water park we'll see. Our flight home was pushed back several hours so this gives us a day... Which I'm happy for!

You leave in a few days!!! How fun!! I liked that button pattern, FYI... I like my wristlets, as you know! But I could see you with that button bag or the bow bag!
In December I'd shoot for DTD instead of a water park! But who knows, you might get a nice warm day and the water park would be good. And of course, you northern folks are used to the cold so it probably wouldn't be as bad for you

I know you like the wristlets, and I thought I would, but it has just never grown on me. I'm totally leaning towards the button bag....

I'm going to try and start posting some pics from our trip today, feel free to throw yours in too and offer a little commentary as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Sounds like a great last day (other than the fact that it IS your last day)! The ESPN Club is always fun and hanging around the Boardwalk is a great idea! Maybe you'll be able to catch some of the performers.
That's what I thought too, I bet Jared would get a kick out the Boardwalk performers!

I haven't been to the ESPN Club since 2000 and the kids have never gone!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #163
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Michelle, it would be neat to see the doctors at work in the Conservation Station. That's a fun place that sometimes gets overlooked I think.

Just because of you, I am going to get a jalapeno cheese pretzel on our October trip. Can you remind me where to find them?

We also have a Cape May Cafe reservation. I read very good things about it! Great plan!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #164
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love your last day plans, Michelle. I really love Animal Kingdom and want to get all of that done when we are there next month too (especially the cocktail ). I'll have to Dinosaur myself as Mark won't ride it after his neck surgery.

We've never been to ESPN Club...I'll be interested in hearing what you thought of it.

Gotta love those disposable ponchos (Mark sells to dollar stores and we get the two pack for $1 every year for our trip).
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #165
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I would think first thing is a great idea and seeing the vets would be really neat. We were a bit dissapointed when we went but it was miserably hot, not much vet action and the train took forever to get there, then there was a medical emergency and we got stuck out there for quite a while until the train started running again. On a low crowd day, early, I think it would be a vastly different experience!

The rest of the day and evenign look great, nice and low key with lots of flexibility. Cape May on the last morning is a great way to end your trip!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: