Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #16
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebit0863 View Post
We think that Bella will be ok as long as granny is there, and Cooper is over the moon that she is going!
Yay for excellent MILs! She gets three dancing guys in tuxes (am I the only one who thinks of guys in tuxes with this smilie?):

Quote:
She is a bit heavyset, and she is really worried that people will see her get off her scooter to wait in a line and then make fun of her "fat cart." (She rode one once in the grocery store and a lady called it that.)

Next time someone pulls that, she should ask them, "Where's you license for policing my life?" Of course, she doesn't have to say it aloud. But seriously -- they were the ones out of line, not her. Some bullies never grow out of their need to control others.

I think that's less likely to happen at WDW (I've seen people say as much -- that they get more rudeness at home than there), but OTOH, she'd probably be happier at WDW if she practices at home, so, I dunno.

Quote:
(also cannot find a single pic of my stepfather in law)
I was noticing in my pre-trip report I have posted NO pictures of my eldest daughter when writing up my 2010 report except the one of everyone (where she's hiding from the sun and barely visible); went looking for some for the 2011 trip, and the only ones of her are a blurry shot of her sitting in the condo that my second son took, and two of her ducking out of resort shots her dad is taking. Some people, you gotta work at it to get them in front of the camera.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #17
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

Wow,can't believe I'm 3 weeks out from checking into our hotel. It's been 3 years in the making! My mother in law got horrible news. I mentioned before how she has bad feet problems and walking is very painful for her. Well, she does work but has been trying to apply for disability, as she can't really walk more than 15/20 minutes at a time without being in a lot of pain. She really needs a surgery to break her feet and reset the bones but the doctor told her she can expect to be off her feet for at least 5-6 months. Disability would be a huge help to her family. Well she has been trying for about a year and a half, and her atty called her on Friday to tell her good news, she has a hearing set. Only problem is, it's when we are at Disney. She asked her atty to ask for a reset, but her atty told her most likely her case will be thrown out and she will need to start from scratch. She should find out in the next few days. She talked it over with her husband, and they have decided to still go to Disney. This trip is really going to be a once in a lifetime thing for them, they would never be able to afford it if dh and I weren't paying, plus my fil can rarely take a full week vacation, plus mil takes care of her own mother, and having a "meemaw sitter" for an extended period of time is rare. It was a perfect turn of events that allow them to go, and she says she would rather start over with applying for disability then miss this opportunity.

I really, really hope the judge will allow for a reset date.
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really, really hope the judge will allow for a reset date.
Hoping along with you and sending some pixie dust your way.

shalom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: