Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Talking Dear Santa, I'd like a Disney Trip for Christmas! - TR started!

Hi Everyone! I am a huge fan of the disboards and I love to regularly check out PTR and TR's! I believe I am roughly six months away from my own Disney vacation so I thought I need a PTR too.

Here is a little info on my trip. IT IS MY VERY FIRST DISNEY TRIP EVER! And because of my boyfriends schedule the only time that suited him was Christmas time. But what better time to visit the magical world of Disney than the most wonderful time of the year? I've read many, many...many horror stories just about everywhere from Disney guide sites to other TR's about how busy this time of the year is and how crowded it is but it was the only time that worked...and well..I LOVE Christmastime. We will be arriving 12/24 and leaving 1/1 and we will be staying in the All Star Movies Value resort. I am very excited.

Introductions
Anniversary and Flights?!?
Extreme Worry and Doubt!
A little less panic...and ZELDA!
200 Days! And Food Talk!
I Let the Worries get the Best of Me!
MVMCP, PP and DECOR
A Little More About Me
Dining Rough Draft
ADR's and 180 DAYS!
To Do List Ramblings
What I've been up to...
Mini-Planner
Disney-Do's
Mini-Planner 2
Moderate Resort?!?
Dreamin' of Food
For the Love of Purses
Life Update through Pictures
Fa la la!
Pity Party
LGMH
Happy October!
Lion King 3D?!
Ramblings
Mini-Planner 3
October Snow!
Day One Plans!
Disney Maps!
Day Two Plans and The Countdown is up!
Video Camera Help!
The No Plan Day 3 Plans
Harry Potter Lovin'
More Harry Potter Lovin'
Epcot plans!
25 days
Cameras
Packing List!

Last edited by poisonapple_PRINCESS; 01-15-2012 at 04:37 PM.
poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Meet the Cast!

Me and DBF

I am Stephanie and I am (like most of you) a huge Disney freak!! I love anything and everything Disney and I have been dying to go for YEEEEARS! Literally. My little brother and I would sit and watch the planning DVD and plan out our dream vacation. I am 19 years old, I work at a Daycare with children of all ages, and I am working towards getting my CDA!

DBF is a wonderful boyfriend. He also loves Disney and has been there oodles of times. (I'm jealous and tell him that often) He is away at college all the time and all year round which is the reason for our limited choices of dates...well basically we had no choice but to go over Christmas....but thats besides the point. He's great and we've been together for 3 years...tomorrow actually.

I am also obsessed with pictures so there will most likely be a TON! Sorry this one is light on the pics....I personally find PTR's and TR's without pictures boring. So I will do my best and try to always add pictures.

That's all for now. I'll try to update often....

Next Post!

Last edited by poisonapple_PRINCESS; 12-28-2011 at 06:18 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

I had to try really hard to keep myself from posting a third update yesterday! I figured I can at least wait until this morning! So good morning everyone. I hope you're all have a wonderful Sunday morning. Today is my 3 year anniversary with DBF. Time flies. He bought me Snow White and the seven dwarfs on dvd/bluray...I guess I need a bluray now!

So now onto some details about my Disney trip. We will be there over Christmas which I have heard is a insane time..but I am so excited to finally go to Disney and that I will be there during my favorite time of the year. As of now it is just DBF and I but a few others might join us before its time to leave...one never knows with our families.

I have gotten advice to keep a close eye on flights and dont book just to book....this makes me nervous. I was told that closer to my dates the prices MIGHT (not 100%) drop in price. I do not like taking chances. I'm afraid I'll end up with no flights at all! and we'll have to drive from PA to FL through all the holiday travel. little side note: I have also never flown before.

If anyone has any flight tips I am all ears!

One last little fact about me...I LOVE TO SCRAPBOOK. and I bought a Disney scrapbook so after I can home I can relieve my trip asap and scrapbook it.

There is my scrapbook..it has some autographs on it. Its simple but I just fell in love with it.

Thats all for now. Sorry if I bored you at all. Let me know if you're reading along. I would love to hear from you and I am in need of veteran disney trip advice!

I will most likely post again later today with a few questions I have. But this is all for now.

Next Post!

Last edited by poisonapple_PRINCESS; 07-28-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
mommytominnie
Mouseketeer

Well Hello

Well Hello, poisonapple princess. My family (me, husband and daughter) are taking our first trip to Disney World in December as well. We will be there from Dec. 16 - Dec. 22 and we are staying at POFQ. The trip is a surprise for our daughter. She has no idea we are going. This will also be our first time flying. I told my husband I may have to visit the bar before boarding so I won't be so nervous.

We will be flying from Texas and I bought tickets to Orlando. I am still checking flights for our return. Can't wait to hear more about your plans
mommytominnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

oh I havent even begun to think of how nervous it will be to fly for the first time! That totally slipped my mind with all the other things I have to get done first! ohhh boy....haha

Old 06-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Scared out of my mind!

WARNING: The Following Message Is Filled With Extreme Fear and Doubt.
Sooo, I posted a different thread asking for december disney trip tips. and after reading a couple of the comments I am in a panic about the dates we're going. (and boy do I mean panic!)

right now i'm worried i'll have a horrible time. i'll never want to go back. DBF and I will both be cranky. (I DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH THAT ON VACATION) we wont get to do anything at all...i'm worried. very worried. because so far i've heard nothing good about this week at disney and like i said before...I AM PANICKING!

This is not what I intending on my next update being about...but right now I am just in pure panic mode. and i have to go to work in 30 minutes.

Even though I am panicking about the horrible conditions of my trip, I would really appreciate more tips and facts about Christmas at Disney. Thank you.

I will return later tonight after work and post my intended update. And I would also like to introduce everyone to my new lovebug, Zelda. Can anyone guess what she is...?

Tootles!

Next Post!

Last edited by poisonapple_PRINCESS; 07-28-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

A little less panic...

So I've calmed down a little from my previous post..but there is still some worry. (alot of worry) I texted DBF immediately after that post to see if there was any possible way we could go the week before....its highly unlikely, but we'll see. *fingers crossed!* DBF says we will have a great time regardless. Let's hope.

Anyway...thats enough worries for one day. Now its onto the Disney planning fun stuff! List of things to discuss: 1. Photopass 2. Dining Plan 3. Flight/Driving

Photopass:
I am a picture taking nut! I love pictures, scrapbooking and all the memories that looking through photo's bring back. I think a photopass CD would be an awesome thing to have because we can both be in the pictures! PLUS I've seen some really cool pictures with characters. Love those. I think the preordering deal sounds good but I need to do some more research on it. If i preorder it, will there be any other fees after that?

Dining Plan:
This is a topic I am extremely unsure about. I feel like I might need one because of the very busy time we're going at, but then again I'm still unsure if I want to purchase the plan. I dont know which plan would suit us best and I do not want to spend the money on something if we wont use it. If I understand correctly, all your meals are prepaid minus tip? Need to do more research on this as well.

Flight/Driving:
Is there anyone out there who's drove from PA to Disney? I like to look at all my options and if it is at all possible that driving might be cheaper, I might just suck it up and drive. And then does anyone have tips for holiday travel? (flying or driving?)

That's all for this post. But last but not least, I would like to introduce my little furball, Zelda. I just purchased her. I work at a Daycare and I thought she might be a nice little addition to our classroom. The kids have named her Zelda Bunners.

Next Post!

Last edited by poisonapple_PRINCESS; 10-17-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Joining in! 1st trips are always so exciting! And y'all make a very cute couple!

My family (me, DH, and our two DDs) has been to WDW twice, both times in October (I've been twice as a kid, too but those were in spring)... I would LOVE to go during Christmas to see all the decorations! I bet they're so beautiful.

It's hard not to panic, but I think if you go the dates you have scheduled and have a plan in mind, you'll be ok. You know it will be busy and there will be crowds... so personally, I would try to NOT do everything. I'd rather try to relax and get the attractions done that are most important, than to try and fit everything in and get frustrated if you can't get to it all. If that makes sense...

I have never purchased PhotoPass, so I don't know much about it. But I think if you buy the CD package before you go you will save about $50!

We've had the Dining Plan on our trips... it was worth it for us, but we also had FREE Dining, so of course it was worth it! There are many options available but the one we had was the DDP... each person gets one Quick Service (fast food) meal, one Table Service (sit-down) meal, and one Snack per day. You're correct that tips are not included.

I detest flying... I'd rather be in a car for 10 hours than in a plane for 2! So naturally it makes sense that I'm flying to WDW in September, LOL! I've flown a few times, and every time it's been by myself... I've not had my DH or a friend or family member to be on the plane with me to keep me company. So I usually just look at a magazine (I can't read for very long, I get motion sickness if I do) or listen to my iPod and doze off!

This comment is getting rather lengthy, so I think I'll stop here... looking forward to more of your plans!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I'm joining too!
First off, you are a cute couple.
I'm very excited for you for your first trip! I've never been there any time that wasn't value season (low crowds!) but I do have some advice.
My parents were there in February. They said yes, it's crowded and yes, the lines are long, but if you plan ahead a little, take advantage of rope drops, and most importantly KEEP CALM and PATIENT that yes, you can have a marvelous time! Just keep remembering that even if you're standing in long lines, you're in Disney! Smile and look around at the amazing decor and archetecture.
Look at it this way - if you ever get the chance to go back during a slower season, you'll be that much calmer knowing you've already braved the "worst"
Happy planning!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Thank you both for your advice! I'm trying my best to prepare myself for the crowds. But your advice about trying not to do EVERYTHING is something I'll have to try really hard to focus on!
Thank you both for your words of wisdom! haha. I greatly appreciate it after yesterdays panic!

Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

mmm....food talk

200 DAYS UNTIL I"LL BE IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited. I dont think I can say that enough! I AM SO EXCITED! I have waited so long to go to Disney and FINALLY it is going to happen!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have already decided that my next visit will take place in october some time so I can attend MNSSHP. Now that sounds super fun! I am bummed I wont be at Disney during the MVMCP dates...but I guess I'll survive.

So in 20 days I can make my dining reservations. UGH. Sooo much to think about. Sooo many options. They dont make this stuff easy do they?! I've read so many good things about SO MANY Disney restaurants on the disboards...so now I'm trying to figure out which of these places I'd like to try out for myself! (Hmm...all of them?!?!?) Does anyone have a fav that they HAVE to eat at when they visit the World? Help me make my decisions.

Places I'd Like to Eat:
1. 50's Prime Time
2. Chef Mickey's
3. Le Cellier Steakhouse
4. Rainforest Cafe

Those are just the few that really stuck out that I just REEALLY want to try.
Then I was also thinking about the fantasmic! dining package. If anyone has done this I would love to hear what you thought about it!

That is all for right now...I'm off to search the boards for anything and everything I can find...

Next Post!

Last edited by poisonapple_PRINCESS; 06-08-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #12
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Woohoo for 200 days!

I've never been to MVMCP, but I have been to MNSSHP... it was great! We loved the parade and seeing all the characters in costume.

As for places that we HAVE to eat at when we're at WDW... we have 2:

Boma (at the AKL) - We've only had dinner at Boma... it's great to see the AKL and animals out back, and the food is amazing!

Crystal Palace - We've only had breakfast here. The food is great and we love seeing the characters!

Of the places you'd like to dine, I've been to 50sPTC and Chef Mickey's. I'd go back to 50sPTC, but not sure about CM. The food at CM was just ok, but it is great to see the characters. I thought the food at 50sPTC was very good!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #13
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post

Boma (at the AKL) - We've only had dinner at Boma... it's great to see the AKL and animals out back, and the food is amazing!

Crystal Palace - We've only had breakfast here. The food is great and we love seeing the characters!
Hmm, I might need to try these! It would be awesome to see all the animals! And I think I will add Crystal Palace to my list! I looove a good breakfast place!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #14
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Hi! I'm joining in.

I've gone to WDW twice during the holidays (arrive Dec. 26 leave Jan 4 or so).

A few observations and tips for that time of year:

1) Definitely have park hoppers; if a park (MK or Epcot) is too crowded for your liking head over to AK or DHS for a break. You can always go back in the evening and usually the crowds will thin out by that time.

2) Plan to arrive at the parks early bc there will be an influx of locals and off-site guests. Disney has different capacity level closings and the best way I have found to keep informed of what is going on is by taking the Disney buses. One year, we drove in to MK, but it was closed - the gate attendant said that hotel guests could still get into the park but only via Disney transportation.

3) We are not much for drunk and disorderly persons, especially on NYE. We found that Epcot on NYE day is actually quite doable, later in the afternoon is when the crowds build up. Then we head over to DHS for their party. It is fun (dance parties, etc.), still serves alcohol if you would like to toast in the new year, and the crowd isn't as large.

4) If you go to MK on Dec. 30th, the fireworks display is the same as NYE since they are doing a test rehearsal; it may/may not have the perimeter fireworks, but they do the countdown, etc. The crowd is also more manageable this night too.

5) I have heard it is best to avoid MK on Christmas Day itself. I have not been there for that day, but I would think it would be incredibly crowded.

6) Develop a game plan and use fast passes as much as possible. Know that you are not going to see everything, and it is a perfect reason for another trip! Have a list of must-do's, and a few backups (eg. oh, HoP is starting, let's pop in there to get out of the parade crowds).

7) While you do not need the dining plan, you will need ADRs. Tusker House has a fabulous breakfast at AK.

8) If there is time, check out some of the resorts' decorations, especially GF's giant Gingerbread House.

9) The Candlelight Processional is amazing!!!! It is also extremely popular. If you are thinking about seeing this, book a dinner package otherwise you will be waiting in the standby line for hours, to *Possibly* get in the theater.

I hope this helps!

Villainess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #15
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
7) While you do not need the dining plan, you will need ADRs. Tusker House has a fabulous breakfast at AK.
Like I said before...I LOOOVE a good breakfast place! My list of places to eat breakfast just keeps getting longer and longer!

Thank you for all of your tips!
I have made some changes to my trip just this morning....
I shall be back to post them later tonight...
Dun Dun Dun...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: