Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #586
SarahD
DIS Veteran
 
SarahD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 706

Help! Have free dining pin, can ONLY go Thanksgiving week. Have always gone in very low crowds (January, early December, early November). HOW BAD WILL IT BE? We are used to ride times of 20 minutes for less popular, up to 45 minutes for the biggies. We are fast pass users, big time, but it only gets you so far! I see crowd predictions of 9 out of possible 10 for most of the week. Our kids are Disney adults, so free dining huge savings for us.
__________________
SarahD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #587
momof2mouses
Mouseketeer
 
momof2mouses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 234

SarahD, I'm in the same boat! Would love to hear the answers to your question. We've only been twice, both times low crowds.
__________________
DM DD DD14 DD10

momof2mouses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #588
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 500 miles away from my happy place
Posts: 1,023

I've been over Christmas with higher crowds and honestly I didn't find it that terrible. We're going over Thanksgiving too so I hope it's manageable. I think if you plan it right and take advantage of fast passes and a good touring plan it should be ok
__________________
MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #589
Fredericks44
Earning My Ears
 
Fredericks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 74

I'm not gonna lie... We went thanksgiving week in 2009. The beginning of the week was ok (7 out of 10) but it got progressively worse as the week went on. Black Friday, our last day, was the worse. We walked in the gates and tried to get to the bakery, couldn't and walked right out. The park was impassable with a stroller and people kept walking into it and pushing into it.
__________________
Fredericks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #590
Santa
DIS Veteran
 
Santa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: O hi O
Posts: 582

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahD View Post
Help! Have free dining pin, can ONLY go Thanksgiving week. Have always gone in very low crowds (January, early December, early November). HOW BAD WILL IT BE? We are used to ride times of 20 minutes for less popular, up to 45 minutes for the biggies. We are fast pass users, big time, but it only gets you so far! I see crowd predictions of 9 out of possible 10 for most of the week. Our kids are Disney adults, so free dining huge savings for us.
I'm with you, SarahD. We made the mistake of going during spring break this year. Most lines were 60+ with the exception of Toy Story Mania. At 9:10am the fast passes had a return of 3pm & a 60 minute standby. We got in line & after 2 hours were on the ride.

Plan on taking advantage of the fast pass system.
__________________
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, Just a dream away.

12/76, 7/05, 4/13, - Offsite,
03/97, 11/97, 11/99 - Dixie Landings, Alligator Bayou,
11/01, 12/04, 11/05, 04/10 - Port Orleans Riverside,
09/03 - Coronado Springs,
11/07 - Boardwalk 2 bedroom villa,
11/12, 11/13 - All Star Music
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #591
nicynot
Mouseketeer
 
nicynot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredericks44 View Post

I'm counting on a room discount (as well as a few of my clients that are also going in nov). I calculated the price increase to be $23 per adult (a bit less for child) total. Obviously a room discount or free dining will yield much higher savings... It's unfortunate but what can you do?
Have already booked and started to pay for upcoming vacation in November, if free dining be comes available and I call to get the free dining added, and take away the dining plan I am paying for, will it increase my whole package?
__________________



September 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort, Jamaica w/Free Dining
November 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter MVMCP w/ Free Dining
November 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort MVMCP w/ Free Dining MB's and F+


Saving for September 2015!
nicynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #592
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicynot View Post

Have already booked and started to pay for upcoming vacation in November, if free dining be comes available and I call to get the free dining added, and take away the dining plan I am paying for, will it increase my whole package?
If you already have the dining plan added, it will decrease your total when you add free dining.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #593
polyforme
Mouseketeer
 
polyforme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ma
Posts: 150

Hi everyone!!
wanted to go Nov. 17th-24th but need a room discount. this is the week before Thanksgiving. Does anyone know what Disney has done for discounts for rooms in previous Novembers? I know i saw the info somewhere but can't seem to find it again.
thanks!!
__________________
polyforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #594
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyforme View Post
Hi everyone!!
wanted to go Nov. 17th-24th but need a room discount. this is the week before Thanksgiving. Does anyone know what Disney has done for discounts for rooms in previous Novembers? I know i saw the info somewhere but can't seem to find it again.
thanks!!
Are you looking for a room only discount or free dining?
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #595
polyforme
Mouseketeer
 
polyforme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ma
Posts: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Are you looking for a room only discount or free dining?
I am looking for a room only discount and just wanted to know the previous years for the week before Thanksgiving if there had been any room only discounts
thanks
__________________
polyforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #596
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows
 
MickeyMomTo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,598

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyforme View Post

I am looking for a room only discount and just wanted to know the previous years for the week before Thanksgiving if there had been any room only discounts
thanks
Yes, the week before Thanksgiving usually has RO and free dining. That's my favorite week of the whole year. Low crowds, great weather, and Christmas decorations!
__________________
MickeyMomTo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #597
polyforme
Mouseketeer
 
polyforme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ma
Posts: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Yes, the week before Thanksgiving usually has RO and free dining. That's my favorite week of the whole year. Low crowds, great weather, and Christmas decorations!
Thanks so much for the info. It makes me feel a lot better about booking that week!! Now I just have to wait for the RO discount(hopefully). Do you know when in the past they have announced nov. discounts?
Thanks again!!
__________________
polyforme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #598
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?
 
zamboniman333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 471

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post

Yes, the week before Thanksgiving usually has RO and free dining. That's my favorite week of the whole year. Low crowds, great weather, and Christmas decorations!
Fav time to go also!!!!
__________________






zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #599
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows
 
MickeyMomTo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,598

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyforme View Post

Thanks so much for the info. It makes me feel a lot better about booking that week!! Now I just have to wait for the RO discount(hopefully). Do you know when in the past they have announced nov. discounts?
Thanks again!!
July/Aug
__________________
MickeyMomTo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #600
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(
 
pookie10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 371

Nov 7-14 for us!! Hoping for free dining for at least part of our stay!! If we get it we will do a split POR and POLY
__________________
nicole (29)Micah(12)Leah(7)
March 2013 AOA Lion King suite
February 2014 AKL Savannah view bunk bed
pookie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.