Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #526
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Well if anyone who has a pin and is feeling like spreading the magic to a family with triplets plus one, feel free to PM me!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #527
Aunt Stepody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylove1021 View Post
That's what I just did. No luck for me tho. I hope you have one!
Thanks! We didn't have one with our name. However, my sister had one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pills View Post
Looks like my parents (who have a PIN) are coming with us, so we get free dining in November!

In 2010, I had a PIN. I was able to share it with my brother and my parents - we were in a grand gathering. This time, I called and asked under what conditions PINs could be shared. I was told that if the hotel and length of stay were exactly the same, the PIN could be shared.

Would it be unethical for the DIS to set up a PIN sharing buddy system?
I don't know what to do. We scheduled our trip for Nov 11-19th. I've already made our air and WDW ressies. Then my sister calls me today and says she has the free dining attached to her name. She said we can share the promo. However, they will not arrive until the 13th (2days later). She said that we can split our ressie and be on our own for meals the first 2 days. Then get free dining for the rest of the trip with her. I don't know if I should do that or wait and see if they offer to the public. My boys are considered adults now, so the dining plan is a savings for us. What do you guys think?

On a side note: I am SO excited that I got reservations for all 8 of us at BOG one night. YAY!!! My sister is getting married while we"re there and Beauty and the Beast has always been one of her faves.
Aunt Stepody is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #528
Fredericks44
Earning My Ears

On a side note: I am SO excited that I got reservations for all 8 of us at BOG one night. YAY!!! My sister is getting married while we"re there and Beauty and the Beast has always been one of her faves. [/QUOTE]

Wow I am so jealous! I had to split my party into 2 for ours, and we really have 9 people but have two ressies for 4 people each. I hope it will be ok since 2 are infants, and of course I keep checking for a ressie for 9 but it feels hopeless!!! What night did you get? I was on the computer at 6am and called at 7am and there was nothing available for my week 11/11-11/16. It just seemed weird to me that there was nothing on my 180th day.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #529
Aunt Stepody
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredericks44 View Post
On a side note: I am SO excited that I got reservations for all 8 of us at BOG one night. YAY!!! My sister is getting married while we"re there and Beauty and the Beast has always been one of her faves.

Wow I am so jealous! I had to split my party into 2 for ours, and we really have 9 people but have two ressies for 4 people each. I hope it will be ok since 2 are infants, and of course I keep checking for a ressie for 9 but it feels hopeless!!! What night did you get? I was on the computer at 6am and called at 7am and there was nothing available for my week 11/11-11/16. It just seemed weird to me that there was nothing on my 180th day.[/QUOTE]

Oh...I am sorry. Maybe keep calling to see if something comes open. We are booked for Monday 11/18. Best of luck to you.
Aunt Stepody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:21 AM   #530
Fredericks44
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Stepody View Post

Wow I am so jealous! I had to split my party into 2 for ours, and we really have 9 people but have two ressies for 4 people each. I hope it will be ok since 2 are infants, and of course I keep checking for a ressie for 9 but it feels hopeless!!! What night did you get? I was on the computer at 6am and called at 7am and there was nothing available for my week 11/11-11/16. It just seemed weird to me that there was nothing on my 180th day.
Oh...I am sorry. Maybe keep calling to see if something comes open. We are booked for Monday 11/18. Best of luck to you. [/QUOTE]

Don't be sorry! Lol I'm just happy we got something! Congrats to your sister
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #531
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I don't know what to do. We scheduled our trip for Nov 11-19th. I've already made our air and WDW ressies. Then my sister calls me today and says she has the free dining attached to her name. She said we can share the promo. However, they will not arrive until the 13th (2days later). She said that we can split our ressie and be on our own for meals the first 2 days. Then get free dining for the rest of the trip with her. I don't know if I should do that or wait and see if they offer to the public. My boys are considered adults now, so the dining plan is a savings for us. What do you guys think?

I would totally split my stay to get free dining for 5 days. You can pick up your park tickets 3 days early so you wouldn't need to split those. The only fear is having to move rooms. From what I read here I feel that is <50% chance of happening. For me, moving rooms wouldn't be too bad. Totally worth the $1000+ you would save.

Quote:
I have BOG on 11/11 for 8. I got it on my 180+7 day. Definetly tough. I hope something opens for you.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #532
Haywardhauler
Earning My Ears

Looking for a PIN Code 11/9 - 11/15

Quote:
Ugh! Disney has sent me an email EVERY day this week with the "fake" offer sx6. I say fake because when I run my dates and resort with if, I get the same price!

I booked my vacation myself (I just became a travel agent!) so I don't think disney realizes I've booked yet. Hopefully that means they'll send me a pin code when they realize I won't bite on their dud offer.
I took one of the poster's on this forum's advice and called WDW looking to see if there is a PIN Code associated with my name. The CM said there was not, however, he said that he was going to add a note to my file for the marketing dept indicating that I was interested in traveling in Nov 2013. A few days later I got a "Move Ahead D***** Family" flyer via snail mail. I was totally psyched when I opened it, only to be extremely disappointed when I opened it to find a "fake" code - R4G - which when I priced it out came out exactly as the rack rate for our dates. (BTW, our AAA discount for 6 nights Std view at the Poly with DD came out to about 8% off published rack rates) However, I did notice that the arrival dates listed on this flyer are 11/1/13 - 11/22/13 and 11/30. I know these are not the same as the FD offers I have read about on this thread. But here is my question. Could these arrival dates be included in as part of a future pin code promotion that Disney may be offering in the future? Has anyone ever gotten one of these "fake" codes in the past, only to receive a "real" PIN code later on?
Haywardhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #533
luke7203
Earning My Ears

I think the dates just match the fall room pricing. Rack rates are higher the week of Thanksgiving.
luke7203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #534
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If the 11th is included in the pin code dates, you can get free dining. Your dates do not have to match your sisters, they only have to overlap. Don't change your dates, have your sister call and book the room for you, it will be fine.
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #535
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

I hope your theory is right! I got a "fake" code SX6 earlier this year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywardhauler View Post
I took one of the poster's on this forum's advice and called WDW looking to see if there is a PIN Code associated with my name. The CM said there was not, however, he said that he was going to add a note to my file for the marketing dept indicating that I was interested in traveling in Nov 2013. A few days later I got a "Move Ahead D***** Family" flyer via snail mail. I was totally psyched when I opened it, only to be extremely disappointed when I opened it to find a "fake" code - R4G - which when I priced it out came out exactly as the rack rate for our dates. (BTW, our AAA discount for 6 nights Std view at the Poly with DD came out to about 8% off published rack rates) However, I did notice that the arrival dates listed on this flyer are 11/1/13 - 11/22/13 and 11/30. I know these are not the same as the FD offers I have read about on this thread. But here is my question. Could these arrival dates be included in as part of a future pin code promotion that Disney may be offering in the future? Has anyone ever gotten one of these "fake" codes in the past, only to receive a "real" PIN code later on?
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #536
Fredericks44
Earning My Ears

Ok so I got my second fake code in two weeks. Last week I got the fake code through email and today I got fake code r4g in the mail. Come on, disney! Third times a charm, make it a REAL offer!! Stop trying to trick me!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #537
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Ok so I got my second fake code in two weeks. Last week I got the fake code through email and today I got fake code r4g in the mail. Come on, disney! Third times a charm, make it a REAL offer!! Stop trying to trick me!
I got my 3rd fake code via snail mail today SX6 I lost count of how many I got thru email must be 50 +

Glad I was able to book with *** and get a good discount, I'd be nuts if I was still waiting on Disney

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #538
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I got my 3rd fake code via snail mail today SX6 I lost count of how many I got thru email must be 50 +

Glad I was able to book with *** and get a good discount, I'd be nuts if I was still waiting on Disney
I have gotten several fake pins. Ready for the real one.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #539
Haywardhauler
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

What is *** ??

Thanks
Haywardhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #540
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywardhauler View Post
What is *** ??

Thanks
It stands for a travel agency that is banned from discussion here.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: