Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #226
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldnDaisy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 466

Hoping for FD or a good discount! If one if offered dh cleared us leaving and checking in two days earlier!!!
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #227
email_shell
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upper Peninsula MI
Posts: 126

discount ? of course

Ok...Jersey Week; Veterans Day... I know there are blackouts for both. Historically, what day do the discounts resume after this timeframe? I wanted to go 7th-14th, now not so sure.
email_shell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #228
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…
 
goofy78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by email_shell
Ok...Jersey Week; Veterans Day... I know there are blackouts for both. Historically, what day do the discounts resume after this timeframe? I wanted to go 7th-14th, now not so sure.
A friend of mine went last year 11-11-12 to 11-16-12 and had free dining so I'm wondering if Veterans Day is always blacked out? We are going 11-9-13 to 11-16-13 and would love a room discount. Mouse savers shows there was a discount last year but I'm not sure of the black out days.
__________________
goofy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #229
Twizzles
Ready for 2nd trip!
 
Twizzles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 43

We are planning for a November trip as well (10 -16). Any discount would be appreciated. I haven't made the phone call yet, but will probably do so within the next 2 weeks. Sometimes, I wish I lived right down the road from WDW, but then I would probably never have a life outside of the parks.
__________________
First trip ~ WDW ~ May 2012 ~ Coronado Springs
Twizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #230
tracydeech
Mouseketeer
 
tracydeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 194

Does anyone know the blackout for nov 2012 for free dining? As the historical dates for free dining r there but can't find blackout ? I'm guessing FD was b/o for Veterans Day ...... We r goin the day after Veterans Day 2013 so..... Just wondering if we have a chance

Last edited by tracydeech; 03-17-2013 at 12:31 PM.
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #231
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,285

I asked this same ? on a different thread and was told that in 2012 they did offer free dining over the Veterans day weekend.It was not bo. So there may still be hope. I too am going Nov 10-16 and whould love to get free dining. If it's not offered then it will actually be cheaper to pay oop since its only my son and I . For what they charge per person for the qsd its not worth it. I usually budget 60.00 per day and still have money left over each day. My son is 16 so we don't do character breakfast anymore. Not sure if Veterans day was bo in 2011.
__________________

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #232
tracydeech
Mouseketeer
 
tracydeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65
I asked this same ? on a different thread and was told that in 2012 they did offer free dining over the Veterans day weekend.It was not bo. So there may still be hope. I too am going Nov 10-16 and whould love to get free dining. If it's not offered then it will actually be cheaper to pay oop since its only my son and I . For what they charge per person for the qsd its not worth it. I usually budget 60.00 per day and still have money left over each day. My son is 16 so we don't do character breakfast anymore. Not sure if Veterans day was bo in 2011.
Thx! Same here. Will pay oop as well. I have a 10 and 11 yr old that are considered adults so..... Only if its free. I want to book flights but am so nervous to cuz what if I'm a day or so off of free dining- then we miss out. I haven't booked a flight in years and am not sure if I should wait on that as well- a pro of doing it now is that I'm assured of departure and return times as opposed to getting a bit better price with leftovers. I dunno just nervous - wanting to make good decisions as this is my kids 1st time to Disney
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #233
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
Thx! Same here. Will pay oop as well. I have a 10 and 11 yr old that are considered adults so..... Only if its free. I want to book flights but am so nervous to cuz what if I'm a day or so off of free dining- then we miss out. I haven't booked a flight in years and am not sure if I should wait on that as well- a pro of doing it now is that I'm assured of departure and return times as opposed to getting a bit better price with leftovers. I dunno just nervous - wanting to make good decisions as this is my kids 1st time to Disney
if they don't offer it by June/July then they probably won't. As for airfare, I usually go southwest and those flights won't be out till May 6th. But let's hope for some pixie dust on that free dining
__________________

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #234
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran
 
MomtoGKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,726

I'm planning a trip for friends who have never been to Disney and say this will be their one and only trip. They are totally flexible with dates in November. I am hoping I can help them get some kind of discount - either room only or maybe free dining. They will be staying on the monorail but haven't picked which hotel yet - I'm working on the prices for them now. So much fun to spend someone elses's money on Disney!!
__________________
Amy

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
MomtoGKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #235
MCFADDEN5
MCFADDEN5
 
MCFADDEN5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sunderland, Ontario
Posts: 272

Well, we just booked our November trip. Staying at the Boardwalk
November 5-14. We were originally hoping for YC but they only had water view rooms available, as did BC. So, we are trying something new, have never stayed at BW before.
Anyway, was talking with the CM and he said that he was confident that there will be deals available in July or August as usual.
So fingers crossed for some great deals for all!
__________________
DH: DW:: DD: : DS DS::
January 98, offsite, January 99, offsite,
January 01 offsite, Feb 04 Wilderness Campground,
Feb 07 Riverside,Feb 08 Frenchquarter and Grand Floridian,Dec 08 Yacht Club,
Feb 2010 Caribbean Beach, December 2010 Riverside, September 2011 Beach Club,
September 2012 Beach Club,
MCFADDEN5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #236
RMoneyTheHBomb
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 76

Hey gang. As we all wait for discounts , I was wondering how it works if they end up doing free dining for people who don't book packages? We are booked for hotel but are using our premiere passes. If you don't qualify for free dining, can you opt for a hotel discount instead?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
RMoneyTheHBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #237
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 984

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoneyTheHBomb View Post
Hey gang. As we all wait for discounts , I was wondering how it works if they end up doing free dining for people who don't book packages? We are booked for hotel but are using our premiere passes. If you don't qualify for free dining, can you opt for a hotel discount instead?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
You sure can, as long as the discount is available.
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #238
Promomx2
DIS Veteran
 
Promomx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: va.
Posts: 3,107

To get free dining, are you still required to have 2-day passes along with the room reserved?
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #239
JaimeV
Earning My Ears
 
JaimeV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
To get free dining, are you still required to have 2-day passes along with the room reserved?
You are still required to have at least two day passes with your room to get any sort of dining.
__________________
Over 20 visits to WDW in 29 years! '85 CR/ '86 CR/ '87 PR/ '88 WL/ '89 CR/ '90 CR/ '91 WL/ '92 CR/ '93 CR/ '94 Christmas at the CR/ '95 ASMus/ '96 ASMus/ '97 ASSport/ '98 ASSport/ '99 ASMovie/ '00 ASMovie/ '01 ASSPort/ '02 CR/ '03 CR/ '04 Off-site/ '08 Off-site/ '10 ASMovies (Engagement Trip)

JaimeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #240
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldnDaisy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 466

Suspense is making me nuts!!!! No one else understands, tell me I am not crazy!!!!
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.