Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #676
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

I'm so glad I'm not the only person falling behind on DIS things. But hey, we got to get our priorities straight, right? Spending time with John before had to go back to Afghanistan is a lot more important than something you have all the time in the world for. But it's so great to have you back here, Joni!

Anyways, I'm all caught up again even though I think I only fell behind an update this time lol So jealous you are going back TOMORROW! I still have a year of waiting and planning (which is more than I could ask for after two years of deprivation and not knowing). And I'm so happy I'm not the only person who adores Merryweather! Sleeping Beauty was my favorite Disney movie as a kid and she was easily the best part of that whole movie. I mean...

*talking about Briar Rose's dress on Merryweather* "It looks awful"- Merryweather
"That's because it's on you, dear."- Flora

Nuff said.

Have a great time at Disney (not that you would expect any less)! Take lots of pics of AoA and New Fantasyland (though I'm sure that is a no-brainer lol)!

P.S. Your TR is now home to my 10,000 POST! I must celebrate here! ...YIPEE! Okay I'm done.
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #677
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Oh man, I love that pool! I wish I could use it while staying at Boardwalk in September. But, oh well!

I can't wait to see the shirt that matches your bag, cause I'm pretty certain I have it!!!

Lol at the frump post pool pictures! love it!!
Isn't it amazing? I feel like they should let Boardwalk guests use it too, since it's just right there!

It has the same Minnie and Mickey in their summer gear on it! It is such a cute shirt!

Haha thanks! I'm a geek, so I couldn't resist sharing how terrible I looked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
That beach bag is so adorable!! I'm not a beach person because I'm so fair skinned that I just burn, but I would absolutely go if I had a bag that looked like that, haha.

I hope I get to hang out at that pool someday!
Thank you! I am a sun worshipper, so that beach bag was the perfect gift for me!

It is so amazing! I hope you get to as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Breakfast on the balcony sounds divine! It seems like such a peaceful way to start the day. We always ate our breakfast in the room, but a dark, boring room at Pop doesn't seem as nice as the brightness of a balcony with a view!

Haha, I love that pool hair! You're too cute
It was so amazing! It was such a peaceful and private moment in the usually crazy Disney World! I'm sure your breakfast at Pop was still fun, since it was just you and Howard enjoying your privacy!

Awww thanks! I was a mess that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
What a great, relaxing way to start the day! And it looks like it was really a beautiful day!
It was such a wonderful morning, and the weather was gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I am joining in a little late. I haven't gotten all the way through your report but I love how you're including songs with each update (not gonna lie, I enjoyed the Aly and AJ one...).

I totally agree about Stormalong Bay. It is so awesome!

YAY for your next trip being so soon!
You're not late! I'm so glad you're reading along, and I'm really glad you're enjoying the music! Aly and AJ are my guilty pleasure too haha!

Isn't it the best? I love it!

I'm here RIGHT NOW! I still can't believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magichusky View Post
HAHA the John photos are hilarious- can't figure out which is funnier: the mountain under the covers or the bodiless head under the waterfall! And what an abs adorable beach bag! I adore Stormalong Bay- isn't there a slide attached to a pirate ship there or something...? My dream is to whoosh down the volcano slide at the Poly- the pool at Shades of Green, where I usually stay, is unfortunately slideless.
Hahaha isn't he a trip? He always cracks me up! Thank you! I love that bag! Yeah there is a slide in a pirate ship! We didn't go on it, but it looked really cool! I've never even seen the Poly pool, but I heard it is amazing!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #678
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Joni!!! So glad you're back and updating! Hope you had an amazing couple of months with John! And you're going to Disney this weekend! I can't believe I missed you by a week, I just got home Monday! I feel like we're always in Disney within a couple weeks of each other!

I have SO many TR's to get caught up on, but I decided to read yours first! I love your drawing! I've never seen UP! Is it really good? I think my mom has the DVD, maybe I should give it a try...I mean, it is a Disney movie, and I think that dog is ridiculously cute!

OMG your Stormalong Bay update made me miss the Beach Club SOOOOO much! I'm not going back to Disney until the end of the year, and we're booked at the Yacht Club, so at least I'll get to see Stormalong Bay again, but not for SOOOOO long! Seriously, I don't know how I'm going to make it!

But yes, Stormalong Bay is the BEST pool ever! Brandon likes swimming more than I do too, but I'm not a big lay out in the sun kind of person either, however, when we were there in May I actually kind of enjoyed it! It's just so beautiful over there, how can you not!

Hopefully I'll get around to updating my TR soon! I'm having a hard time going on the DIS after this trip, knowing my trip is SO far away!
Thank you so much! It was wonderful having him home! I'm here RIGHT NOW! I can't believe it! I'm so bummed we missed each other again! Haha, one of these days we will manage to meet up!

Awww thanks for reading mine first! I feel so special! OMG JEN. You have so see Up like...now. Seriously, go watch it. It is probably like, my second favorite Disney movie of all time, no joke. It is SO GOOD!

I'm sorry your next trip is so far away, but at least it's booked so now you can focus on making it perfect! It will be here before you know it!

Stormalong Bay is hard to resist! And as someone who could literally spend her entire summer by a pool and be perfectly happy, I really didn't want to leave it!

I know what you mean, I always have a hard time getting back on the DIS when my next trip is a long time away. Just think, the more you get on the DIS, the more excited you'll be to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimmons View Post
Ahhhhh! Nothing better than sandy toes! And you, my darling, are such a cutie patootie!

Love the bag, btw.
Aww thanks so much! You're so sweet!

Thank you! I love that bag so much. I carry it to work sometimes with my graded papers in it, just to make myself feel beachy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
YOUR TRIP IS SO SOON! Feel free to Disney text me again! WOOOO!

John and I have something in common: sleeping with our butts in the air. (I think that's what he's doing at least. I didn't want to stare too long. I felt weird. HAHA.)

That bag is the cutest thing ever! Good choice, in laws.

YOU ARE CORRECT. Toes in the sand = amazing. Toes in the sand at Disney World = living the dream.

SAB looks amazing. One day, I tell ya... one day. AND BTW, your 'gross pool self' picture is the cutest thing! 'Gross pool self' my behind.
MARISSA, I'M IN DISNEY RIGHT NOW. AHHHHHH! I will definitely text you!

Hahahahaha that's exactly what he's doing! He sleeps like he was sitting up on his knees and just like...fell forward? It's funny.

I was so proud of my in laws for that gift! They know me so well!

Thank you! I'm glad you agree with my sandy toes theory.

It is SO amazing! You are going to love it! Awww, thank you! You are too nice to me. I look like I had stuck my finger in a light socket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
I love everything about this update. I mean, your morning just makes me happy. I know that probably seems like a weird thing to say but I LOVE those types of mornings where you just take it easy, enjoy some quiet time, and ya know.. SWIM AT STORMALONG BAY!

I love that pool so much, and I think it's one of those places where if you get to stay there and experience that pool, it's hard to want to stay anywhere else! Ugh it's just wonderful. But I loved your face because it's pretty perfect for when entering SAB! SO EXCLUSIVE, you must show proof! I'm glad they do that though, because otherwise so many people would sneak into that pool!

John is hiding under the same waterfall that Matt loves in that photo! Hahaha, also your photos of him swimming made me laugh, too. Hahaha.

Hahahaha your photo with your hair all pool-y made me laugh out loud, enough for Matt to ask me what I was laughing at. I think you should have just left it that way. It's perfect.
I know exactly what you mean! It made me happy just writing it! That was such an amazing morning!

I completely agree with you! I love all of the Disney resorts so much, but I know I will always miss Stormalong Bay anytime I stay anywhere other than Beach Club. But really, is the very definition of entering SAB. I feel like royalty! Seriously though, if they didn't that pool would be like that picture that's going around on the internet of the one in China or whatever, where you can't even see the water through all the people!

He looks so silly in that pool! He seems like...really intense. Haha John's not too big on smiling, but he was still super happy to be in SAB!

Hahaha thank you! I hate dealing with my hair when I get out of the pool. It is always a total trainwreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
Stormalong Bay looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! And the beach is so pretty, it must have made the wait for the "exclusive" pool to open much more bearable. John looks like he's having a great time under that waterfall! It totally looks like he's sleeping!

You look adorable even after swimming all morning! I'm so glad you guys had a relaxing time at Stormalong Bay. We always make time for a pool morning and/or afternoon and it's always so nice! I bet that the pool alone must have made the BC the best place to stay!

Looking forward to your next update! Are you so excited for your sister trip?!
I love SAB! Haha yeah, the lovely white sand beaches did make the wait for it very bearable! Haha I really do think he was sleeping!

Aww thanks! You guys are all so nice to me! We had such a wonderful morning! Seriously, SAB makes BC 1,000 times more amazing than it already is, which is tough because that resort is SO amazing already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I LOVE that beach bag!

OMG that picture of John in the water cracks me up too... you know he is just loving life in that moment.

I LOVE YOU FOR TAKING A PICTURE OF YOUR POOL HAIR. This is a fact of life that is very rarely documented for all to see. I salute you.

I WANT MORE UPDATES!! But you'll probably be a bit busy, you know, with going to Disney World and all. So I can't wait for the Twitter updates! ;D
Thank you!!

Haha yeah, that is pretty much John's happy face. He looks very peaceful.

Hahaha thank you! It took a lot to post that, but I figured we needed to face the awful truth!

AHHH I'm here RIGHT NOW! I can't believe I'm actually here! Don't worry, I already have several updates typed up for when I get home, though!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #679
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Gorgeous pics of SAB, looking at your photos makes me wish I was there right this minute. October seems likes ages ago!

I can't believe you're going again this weekend!!

Have fun and we can't wait to hear all about it
Thank you! Seeing those pictures makes me wish I was there too, and I'm in DISNEY RIGHT NOW! EEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I'm so glad I'm not the only person falling behind on DIS things. But hey, we got to get our priorities straight, right? Spending time with John before had to go back to Afghanistan is a lot more important than something you have all the time in the world for. But it's so great to have you back here, Joni!

Anyways, I'm all caught up again even though I think I only fell behind an update this time lol So jealous you are going back TOMORROW! I still have a year of waiting and planning (which is more than I could ask for after two years of deprivation and not knowing). And I'm so happy I'm not the only person who adores Merryweather! Sleeping Beauty was my favorite Disney movie as a kid and she was easily the best part of that whole movie. I mean...

*talking about Briar Rose's dress on Merryweather* "It looks awful"- Merryweather
"That's because it's on you, dear."- Flora

Nuff said.

Have a great time at Disney (not that you would expect any less)! Take lots of pics of AoA and New Fantasyland (though I'm sure that is a no-brainer lol)!

P.S. Your TR is now home to my 10,000 POST! I must celebrate here! ...YIPEE! Okay I'm done.
Yeah, the DIS is so much fun, but sometimes life gets in the way, and spending time with John was definitely my top priority! I'm so lucky to have all of these wonderful friends here on the DIS who are so welcoming, even after I've been gone for months! Thank you!

I am in Disney RIGHT NOW! I can't believe I'm actually here! I'm so glad you finally have a trip set in stone! That is awesome for you! You deserve it!

Hahaha awww I love that quote! Merryweather is so precious! All of the faeries are such frumps!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #680
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Hi everyone! It's Joni, and I'm broadcasting live from.......

DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!

Yep, you read that correctly! I am here right now, and on the DIS! Yay! I just wanted to pop in really quickly an apologize for not updating once more before I left, but I promise I will get back to it as soon as I come home!

As for now, I'm hanging out in my AMAZING Art of Animation Little Mermaid room with a belly full of 'Ohana! We had a really interesting trip getting here (I'll save that story for the TR) but we are here now, and having a blast!

I am off to bed for now. We have an early morning at Magic Kingdom planned! See ya real soon, DISers!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #681
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Maybe ill see you at MK tomorrow morning! Say hi if you see me!!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #682
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

I can totally imagine reading by the pool- you painted such a wonderful picture!

Hope you are enjoying your trip. I NEED me some Disney ASAP- October is sooo far away!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #683
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Loved the Disney bag. I agree SAB is great. Last time we stayed at the BW the Luna Pool was closed so we go to use SAB, so sometimes you can use it when you are at the BW. The pool hair pix cracked me up. Thanks for sharing.

ENJOY YOU TIME AT DISNEY! I AM SO JEALOUS!

Especially since it is snowing here. Looking forward to the finish of your current trip and reading about the new one.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #684
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to pop in and say have fun at AoA!!!!

I LOVE how the CMs there say "Have an ANIMATED day." instead of "Have a MAGICAL day."!

Love the report on Stormalong Bay!(Disney's third water park!)

I can't believe you and Jess are both at AoA!It's like there is a Frump Convention or something going on!
WEDWDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #685
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

Hey I've been a stranger but I just wanted to say have a good time at DISNEY!!!
A few day trips as a child. A day trip in Jan 06 to meet my dad's (then) fiancee. Serveral day trips as a CM Aug 06-May 08.Most memorable. 1st date w/boyfriend (then co-worker/friend) on Oct 9, 2007 . Surprise breakfast at Ohana's, then day at Epcot w/friends on bday.April 11, 2008 for Aunt's bdayA few day trips with DIS MEETS when I moved back in 2010.1st time staying on property 12/24/10-01/01/11 at Coranado Springs
dancin_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #686
theEncode
Mouseketeer

I am so happy to hear you are back in Disney!!!! And you are going back in May???? I will be there May 30-June 8! Originally I would have been there tomorrow but we had a change in plans. No more changes, I cant take the waiting any longer LOL.

I had been missing your reports, I look forward to them! So glad to hear you got to spend so much time with John! I know when hubby's are away it seems like an eternity before they get back so time is precious!

Have a great trip!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #687
dzd
Mouseketeer

Enjoying this tr as well Joni.. I have always been a lurker of your TRs. I did want to say that I requested to follow you no twitter in case you were wondering who DZdee was. I haven't really updated my profile on twitter since I only follow journalist really and you now, with your permission.

I also want to say I think your TRs are the best on the DiS! I love following you on your WDW trips and always think to myself how cool it would be to have friends like you and John. My wife and I are big Disney fans and struggle to find people to share that with at the obsessive level.

Look forward to more from your big trip and maybe some highlights from the many others you have had this year and last!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
dzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #688
erinlovesmickey
Earning My Ears

I have been keeping up with your trip reports but I have finally decided to start actually posting on the DIS.

I LOVE that beach bag!! Do you know where your in-laws got it?

Hope you are having a great time!
erinlovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #689
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I love how you posted from AoA! I hope you had a WONDERFUL time!! You deserve it!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #690
cutejellybeen
Earning My Ears

Love the storm along bay update!! We walked by there on our nov trip . I've almost got jase convinced we should stay there sometime. Though to be truthful, I'm just thrilled he wants to go back at all, AND wants to stay on site lol.

Hope your sister trip was amazing!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: