Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #616
amandaw
DIS Veteran

What a fun day at DHS! I really like your pins you got. One of these days I'm going to just take the leap and get into pin trading.

The story about the girl on ToT is too funny! And I could really relate to the story about the 5 year old boy. On our last trip, my son (who's 4) kicked some rocks near One Man's Dream onto the walkway before I could stop him. 2 CMs were nearby and quickly looked at him. But before they could say anything, this Momma had her son picking them up and getting a scolding.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #617
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

To hoping 2013 is a wonderful year and brings many more magical moments (and Disney trips)!

PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #618
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Spent bits of yesterday and today catching up on your TR! So hilarious. I even had to read some parts out loud to Howard! Since I was reading from a LONG time ago, I didn't take notes so I don't have anything specific to comment on so sorry about that! Looking forward to more more more!!!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #619
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a great Christmas Joni and have heard from John frequently

Great day at DHS, I love One Mans Dream too!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #620
Cllong75
Fave Place on Earth

So I'm a major TR lurker, I read many to ease my "I'm not at Disney depression" and I've read all of yours in the last 2 weeks, I know I need to get a life but some people go to bed and read a book, I go to bed and read the DIS and usually regret how late I stay up .
Anyway, I love your reports, I love that you seem to write what you think and have such a great sense of humor. My kind of people. So anyway, just wanted to stop by and say Hi and tell you I love your reports and can't wait to read more

Nov '11 ~ Disneyland *Sept '10 ~ Pop Century * Jan '09 ~ All Star Movies * Sept '05 ~ All Star Sports * May '04 ~ All Star Sports * Sept '00 ~ All Star Movies * '85 ~ Off-site
Cllong75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #621
enchantedrosex
Why you ackin' so cray-cray?

I'm JUST reading your trip report now after stumbling across it.....and oh my god. I already love it!! Can't wait to read the whole thing!! You're so lucky to find a guy who appreciates your love of Disney ;D

FOLLOW ME:
twitter: @michelafinn
Instagram: michelafinn

enchantedrosex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #622
enchantedrosex
Why you ackin' so cray-cray?

Ps...just read about John's arcade addiction and had to comment! I SO get your frustration. My best friend has an arcade addiction as well and going to Disney with him was a nightmare in more ways than one. He literally blew $200 something in the arcade and spent hours in there....HOURS. I just don't even know...

Lucky for me, we went with a group so I wasn't stuck watching!

FOLLOW ME:
twitter: @michelafinn
Instagram: michelafinn

enchantedrosex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #623
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Where are you????

Hello!!!!
Where are you???
I'm hopeing everything is ok!!!!
We're doing fabulous!!!! We had a great birthday cruise...
I'm writing a fun trip report on cruisecritic.com
and
Now we just found out the my precious daughter just made the Disney College Program....
She'll be there from May to Jan... We're so excited...
I sure hope you come back to us... We are all missing the wonderful information and pictures of our trip!!!!
Please come back to us and post!!!!
We miss you!!!
Carolyn

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - YachtClub
TexasBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #624
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

I was just wondering how you were, too! Hope all is well!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #625
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I've just found your trip report and wanted to say hi . I've got a lot of catching up to do but enjoyed your introduction. I'm very curious about the cupcake ratings. Can't wait to see what your favorite is.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #626
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaima View Post
I just read through the entire report so far! You guys really had a great time!

I love going in One Man's Dream so much! All the models and everything. Wonderful pictures!
We had a blast! I hope you enjoyed everything so far!

Me too! It's so amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
...And that is why we are twins. WINNING! (It also must include an annoyingly sassy hand gesture. I can't remember if Courtney did anything like that, but I feel like we need to.)

YES YOU DO OMG. If I could have that as my WEDDING CAKE I seriously would. They are THAT GOOD. I think I know a perfect time for you to try one!

I want a Disney pillow pet so badly! I can't even deal with how cute they are. Also, I recently learned that there is a LADY pillow pet (as in, Lady and the Tramp) and there's a really good chance she'll be coming to live with me here soon.

Omg. Homegirl was squeezing your leg? What in God's name? That is just beyond weird. She honestly didn't know she was doing it? I'm baffled.

It's so weird to think that Thomas Kinkade is dead. His paintings are unbelievably beautiful. I mean, that Little Mermaid one... I just love it.

Those games look so cute! I want to do that! Did you have a choice of scenes that you could act out?

Walt Disney. There will never be anyone like him. I just don't even know what to say about him! So much love for that man.

Can't wait for more!!!!
I'm sure she had some kind of sassy move to go with it. I now feel obligated to incorporate a little bit of that crazy mess Tierra into our routine. I CAN'T CONTROL MY EYEBROW.

I think I know what you mean...

I love love loooove my pillow pet. I think I might get another one on my next trip, because I use my current one so much that it's starting to get a little bit lumpy!

Yeah, it was strange. Like, she was getting some high thigh action. I felt a little violated.

I know, I still can't believe it either. Plus, get this- I recently saw that there was a Jungle Book painting released from the "Thomas Kinkade Studios"...meaning, someone else painted in his exact style and they just put his name on it postmortem. I thought that was kind of weird.

Yeah, you can choose from a bunch of different scenes!

He is seriously so perfect. He has had such an impact on so many lives...incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
YEAH, all caught up! And I'm pretty sure my musical knowledge within and outside of Disney just grew because of that speed-reading. And it adds a nice ambiance to the reading. Nice low music + TR = Pure Magic! Can't wait to read more!
Yay! Timmy, I'm so glad you are enjoying the music that accompanies the updates. It's so fun picking the songs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Sorry I've been MIA from your TR for so long! Ugh, I definitely did NOT intend for that to happen, but I'm caught up now! I'm apologizing now because this comment is going to be absurdly long. Don't feel like you have to respond to everything, since I know you have tons of other comments to get through!

I'm a wee-bit obsessed with the MSEP sooo don't even worry about it... I actually cried when Mickey pointed to me and gave a thumbs up about my Anniversary pin last trip. No biggie, I'm just 5 years old.

I never saw MMY! Wompwomp. But I would've probably died seeing the Lanterns from Tangled. That was my iPhone cover FOREVER until it finally chipped and I replaced it with an Up iPhone cover. I love that scene so much.

That's highly unfortunate about the bloody man. I would have run away, too.

Okay, I know I'm going to be back in less than a month, but for some reason your AK morning is making me want to be in Disney World SO BAD right now. Though I guess considering it's Christmas week, maybe not so much, but still. I have just such distinct memories of getting to AK super early and riding EE and ahhh, I'm just wanting to be there right now!

EE is my absolute favorite, so I'm with you on Asia's decorations!

HAHAHA I love your photo of you post-ride. My hair never ever behaves in Disney World due to the humidity, and evidently in Disneyland it's the same story (we experienced ridiculous humidity there). I usually just give up mid-way through out trip and wear a hat, haha.

I would have punched that guy in the face if I'd heard him screaming like that... Well not really but I would've been close to it! UGH. Some people just seriously amaze me and are beyond ignorant. It's just annoying when they ruin a ride for other people, you know? This just seems over the top ridiculous though.

RANDOM but, little story. I basically lose it the second I hear any part of the Up soundtrack. The music just absolutely destroys me. I heard it in Disneyland at one point and held it together, so at least I've made progress from sobbing uncontrollably to tearing up a little up when I hear it.

ANYWAY, it suddenly dawned on me, I wonder who composed the music... and I had a strong feeling it was the same guy who did the music for the TV show LOST... and the movie Star Trek. AND I WAS SO RIGHT. He is the absolute MASTER as making music that will have you bawling your eyes out. UGH, that man. Anyway, that's my story, haha.

SO jealous of meeting Dug and Russell! This is one of the things I'm most looking forward to on our next trip!

Friendship boats are at the top of my love list. They are such a wonderful and relaxing way to go to DHS!

Bummer about the Carrot Cake Cookie! I totally love it, but can also very much understand why someone wouldn't, too! At least you tried it though so you can take it off your "must-do" list!

OMG The Shining. Have you ever read the book? The movie scares me, but the first time I read the book I had nightmares! It's very different from the movie but so so scary.

I love trading Vinylmation and pins! I did Vinyl trading for the first time on our trip in DL and can't wait to do it again in January in WDW!

YAY! I'm so happy I'm caught up again! Craziness of life and all, and I'm caught up! WOOOHOO!
Don't apologize, I have been MIA from the DIS for over two months! Ughh! I can't believe I've been away so long, and I have SO MUCH to catch up on!

I'm so glad I have a fellow MSEP enthusiast who relates to my obsession. There's just something about that parade.

Ohhh my gosh MMY was so amazing, especially with those lanterns! I love that scene too!

I completely agree about EE and about people who ruin rides...those two things are at very different ends of my emotional spectrum.

The Up soundtrack is SO FREAKING AMAZING. Seriously, I am right there with you when it comes to openly weeping anytime I hear it. That guy really is amazing.

I haven't read The Shining, but I'd really like to. I love Stephen King! Salem's Lot ruined my life for a solid month. I couldn't sleep at all. Like, I almost had to get put on nerve pills. Yeah, I'm crazy.

John loves trading Vinyls so much! Pins are definitely more of my forte, but it's so fun watching him trade!

Yay for catching up! Now I just need to update and go catch up on your new TR!!

Quote:
Just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas!

That's so pretty! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimmons View Post
Oh my! I laughed so much at your ToT picture! John is sitting there like nothing is happening. Completely relaxed! I could never have looked like that on ToT!!!

Also, I had a very strange encounter after seeing One Man's Dream on our recent trip. But I haven't gotten to that part in my TR yet so I don't want to spoil it!!!

On a side note, it was my first time watching the film and I completely bawled like a baby. Not even like, a dainty tear, but full on sobbed. I am such a sap! (and my DH likes to rag me on it)

Can't wait to read more. I throughly enjoy your TRs.
HAHA John is ALWAYS like that in ride pictures! I just don't get it! He is literally completely unfazed! I don't get it!

Oooh I am intrigued by this strange encounter...

Hahaha yeah, definitely no dainty tears during that film. It's so amazing!

Thank you so much!
therussells08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #627
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Caught back up and enjoyed reading about your adventures as always. Looking forward to more.
I'm so glad you're still enjoying it! I will be posting an update VERY soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
What a fun day at DHS! I really like your pins you got. One of these days I'm going to just take the leap and get into pin trading.

The story about the girl on ToT is too funny! And I could really relate to the story about the 5 year old boy. On our last trip, my son (who's 4) kicked some rocks near One Man's Dream onto the walkway before I could stop him. 2 CMs were nearby and quickly looked at him. But before they could say anything, this Momma had her son picking them up and getting a scolding.
You definitely should! It is so much fun, and so addicting! You will love it!

Haha I think kids are going to be kids, I was just so surprised by the CMs reaction. He was like, REALLY mad. It was strange!

Quote:
To hoping 2013 is a wonderful year and brings many more magical moments (and Disney trips)!

Thank you Timmy! I love that, and I love that Quasi is getting some attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Spent bits of yesterday and today catching up on your TR! So hilarious. I even had to read some parts out loud to Howard! Since I was reading from a LONG time ago, I didn't take notes so I don't have anything specific to comment on so sorry about that! Looking forward to more more more!!!
Haha yay! I'm glad you were able to catch up and I made you laugh some! I am going to update soon, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hope you had a great Christmas Joni and have heard from John frequently

Great day at DHS, I love One Mans Dream too!
Thank you! I had a wonderful Christmas, and I heard from him...quite a bit. Stay tuned to find out why!

Isn't it the best? I love it so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cllong75 View Post
So I'm a major TR lurker, I read many to ease my "I'm not at Disney depression" and I've read all of yours in the last 2 weeks, I know I need to get a life but some people go to bed and read a book, I go to bed and read the DIS and usually regret how late I stay up .
Anyway, I love your reports, I love that you seem to write what you think and have such a great sense of humor. My kind of people. So anyway, just wanted to stop by and say Hi and tell you I love your reports and can't wait to read more
I totally understand...who needs books when you have the DIS?! Anyway, and thank you so much for reading along! I'm so glad that you enjoy my reports. I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long, but the updates are going to be rolling in soon!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #628
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedrosex View Post
I'm JUST reading your trip report now after stumbling across it.....and oh my god. I already love it!! Can't wait to read the whole thing!! You're so lucky to find a guy who appreciates your love of Disney ;D
I am so glad you are enjoying my report! Sorry for not updating in so long, but I am getting ready to start up again!

I am VERY lucky to have John, for many reasons. But his love for Disney is definitely one of those reasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedrosex View Post
Ps...just read about John's arcade addiction and had to comment! I SO get your frustration. My best friend has an arcade addiction as well and going to Disney with him was a nightmare in more ways than one. He literally blew $200 something in the arcade and spent hours in there....HOURS. I just don't even know...

Lucky for me, we went with a group so I wasn't stuck watching!
Ughhh what it is with guys and those arcades?! I just don't get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle View Post
Hello!!!!
Where are you???
I'm hopeing everything is ok!!!!
We're doing fabulous!!!! We had a great birthday cruise...
I'm writing a fun trip report on cruisecritic.com
and
Now we just found out the my precious daughter just made the Disney College Program....
She'll be there from May to Jan... We're so excited...
I sure hope you come back to us... We are all missing the wonderful information and pictures of our trip!!!!
Please come back to us and post!!!!
We miss you!!!
Carolyn

Hi! I'm back, and everything is great!

I'm so glad you had a nice trip! I can't wait to read all about it! And CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter for making the DCP! That is so exciting!

I am getting ready to start updating again, I promise! Sorry for the delay!

Thanks for checking in on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
I was just wondering how you were, too! Hope all is well!
I am great! I hope you are well too. Thank you for checking in on me! So sorry for the absence! I'm getting ready to update and explain everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I've just found your trip report and wanted to say hi . I've got a lot of catching up to do but enjoyed your introduction. I'm very curious about the cupcake ratings. Can't wait to see what your favorite is.
Thanks so much for reading along! I hope you enjoy the report!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #629
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Glad to see you back in action ! We've been patiently waiting, just like we said we would! Hope all is well!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #630
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Glad to see you back in action ! We've been patiently waiting, just like we said we would! Hope all is well!
Thank you for your patience! I'm getting ready to post an update that will explain everything! Thanks for sticking with me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: