Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

DIS DADS weightloss thread 2012

He guys starting to workout for my next trip to WDW, and because I need to. I was wondering if any of you guys want to start a weightloss/workout thread, to help support each other.

We dont have to tell each other our weight just each week or day we can say , Ive lost "x " lbs this week. we could cheer for each other ,support, and help us not snack on junk food while surfing the boards.

Goal: 50lbs by Dec 2012

Good luck!
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydad78 View Post
He guys starting to workout for my next trip to WDW, and because I need to. I was wondering if any of you guys want to start a weightloss/workout thread, to help support each other.

We dont have to tell each other our weight just each week or day we can say , Ive lost "x " lbs this week. we could cheer for each other ,support, and help us not snack on junk food while surfing the boards.

Goal: 50lbs by Dec 2012

Good luck!
Good plan. My goal is 20lbs before the end of the year. Hopefully 5-7lbs before I go in Sept.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 8/22/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Hey Guys!

I am happy to report that I am down about 25 lbs since the new year. However, since school let out, I have not been exercising as I was, but on the plus side, I have not gained any weight back either. I'm trying to get back in the swing this week, hopefully going to the Y tonight, either for a jog or swim or something.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
10dedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

I've been on this battle this year myself. Down 40 lbs from the start of the year. About half way to my goal. Hope to be down another 40 by the time I'm running in the half marathon in January.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
jmwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
disneydad78
DDC #106

I just started back working out couple weeks ago. Looks like there are not to many disdads wanting to loose weight and report in.

Congrats to all of you for loose so much weight. 20lbs is alot.
Its so hard to change your eatting habits.
DISDADS member #106
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
Old 07-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
disneydad78
DDC #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
i've been on this battle this year myself. Down 40 lbs from the start of the year. About half way to my goal. Hope to be down another 40 by the time i'm running in the half marathon in january.
thats awesome man 40lbs!!!
DISDADS member #106
Old 07-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
10dedfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydad78 View Post
I just started back working out couple weeks ago. Looks like there are not to many disdads wanting to loose weight and report in.

Congrats to all of you for loose so much weight. 20lbs is alot.
Its so hard to change your eatting habits.
I'm using an app called myfitnesspal, which also has a website. You can track your caloric intake and everything from there. If you have a smart phone with a camera, you can track it by using the UPC, and everything pops up automagically. Works great!

I went out and jogged 2 miles this morning in a little over 20 minutes. It had been a while since I ran, but it felt good to get out and going!

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 07-31-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
disneydad78
DDC #106

I did back and triceps today, 18 sets.
Then did eliptical for 35mins, 3.0 miles. pace around 155 strides per min.
DISDADS member #106
Old 08-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #9
Hidadsoup
Earning My Ears

Awesome thread guys. I have been fading on my low carb diet after 15lbs but need to loose another 10 by Mid Oct for trip so I can fit into outfits from last trip. Keep up the good work and thanks for the support and motivation.
Hidadsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #10
10dedfish

Dont know if I'm going to head to the Y or cut the grass this evening, but I need to make another trip to the Y and get running again. Was really sore after my 2 runs last week.

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
jbschafer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
I'm using an app called myfitnesspal, which also has a website. You can track your caloric intake and everything from there. If you have a smart phone with a camera, you can track it by using the UPC, and everything pops up automagically. Works great!

I went out and jogged 2 miles this morning in a little over 20 minutes. It had been a while since I ran, but it felt good to get out and going!

Matt
Hey guys. I'm just getting back onto the boards after 8 months offline (long story). Like others on here I have been working this battle for a while. I'm down 15# since the first of the year - 25 since my heaviest a year earlier. Like others, I haven't had the best summer sticking with things, but I have maintained so that's a plus. I would really like to cut another 10# although I'll be fine if I stay where I am.

I have to give a big to Matt's suggestion of MyfitnessPal. I used the thing a LOT this spring when I was actively watching things. I discovered that the simple act of recording all of my calories - even if I didn't really pay attention to the end number - made a huge difference. If you have to think about quantity and calories when you reach for the bag of chips you 1) pay more attention to how many, and 2) often talk yourself out of the snack completely. It can be a big help if you set calorie and exercise goals to track these things.
Me - Ben (DISDad #662) , DW , DD12 , DD9 , and DS5

12/1974, 12/1977, 12/1980, 12/1983, 12/1986, 10/1994, 7/1999 - Off Property, 6/2008 - POP and OP, 8/2010 - POP, 12/2011 - POP, 12/2012 - POP, 6/2013 - DL(OP)
jbschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #12
10dedfish

So, I posted this over in the main thread, but figure I would post it here as well.

Yesterday evening was the first meeting of the Running club at the Y, and the overall course length was 3.5 miles. I was able to knock out the first 2, but I alternated between running and walking for the last 1.5. Oh, and did I mention it was raining? Anyway, the two older women who I was running with ran me into the ground and kept going. Talk about being schooled.

Those who are on my facebook will see my course, as I use mapmyrun to keep track of distance/time/pace/etc.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 08-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
DEA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
So, I posted this over in the main thread, but figure I would post it here as well.

Yesterday evening was the first meeting of the Running club at the Y, and the overall course length was 3.5 miles. I was able to knock out the first 2, but I alternated between running and walking for the last 1.5. Oh, and did I mention it was raining? Anyway, the two older women who I was running with ran me into the ground and kept going. Talk about being schooled.

Those who are on my facebook will see my course, as I use mapmyrun to keep track of distance/time/pace/etc.

Matt
Don't feel bad. My wife, who just took up running this year, is turning in faster times per distance than I am. She's using run-walk intervals, and I just plod along using my last-millenium running style. We're running the same 10K this weekend, and I hope that she'll wait for me at the finish line.

Also, I'm down about 18lbs. since the start of the year, and am looking to take off 5-10 more. I don't really have a goal weight, but I'm trying to get down and stay down.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:41 AM   #14
10dedfish

Hey Guys,

Ran by myself yesterday, and was able to get a full 3.3 miles in at right around 6mph. Ran the full distance, only walking for the cool down period. Weighed myself before the run and noticed I was down 2 lbs since I started running again. Hope to keep the weight loss going! Thinking about doing a 5k for Veterans day. Need to look more into that.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 08-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #15
10dedfish

Hey guys!

Got another 3.2 mile run in this morning. Still hanging around right at 200 lbs. Watching calories and all that. Any suggestions?

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: